News

Nigerian Gay Rights Activist Bisi Alimi Shares Story of How He got Homophobic Man Kicked Out of London Barbershop

BellaNaija.com

Bisi Alimi 2

Nigerian gay rights activist Bisi Alimi, took to his Facebook page to share how he got a Homophobic Nigerian man kicked out of a barber shop in London.

He said:

“So I went into a Nigerian barber shop around my house. A conversation was going on and a man, in very strong Ibo accent was talking about Jonathan, the anti gay law and Buhari. I walked in, and picked the line, I paraphrase ” I think the best thing Jonathan did was that gay law, why man go dey yash another man, not even animal will yash another animal. Look at this useless country and what it is turning into, many marrying man and woman marrying woman, very disgusting people. That can never happen in my country”. So I turned to him, stopped him and told him I am gay and he has no right to say that. I turned to the nice barber and said, i am walking away as you allowed such unintelligent bigot in your space to be spewing rubbish. Barber knowing he is about to lose a customer, ordered the idiot out, but not before he turned to me, apologise and said his view is not the view of the shop. Moral of the lesson, when you experience bigotry, challenge it, dont go home and think about it. Number 2, Nigerians are not categorically homophobic or stupid…”

1. nene+

June 30, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Mcheeewwww please take your business along with you cold man!
    Mtcheew rubbish

• Wale

June 30, 2015 at 5:42 pm

I think I speak for a large part of the LGBT community that what Alimi did was idiotic and contradictory. In as much as we seek freedom to be and live as we want and express ourselves freely everyone too has the same freedom as a part of any community to freely express themselves. Even if they speak out of ignorance. He should either have seized the opportunity to educate the man or left if he was that offended. No one group has more freedom over the other. The owner of the shop did not handle the situation properly. His alluding to the man’s igbo accent only tells us that Alimi himself is prejudice.

• Oma

June 30, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Thank you Wale for that response, my thoughts exactly.

• Seeiously

June 30, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Gays are turning into bunch of nuisance. So, Bisi feels accomplished or what? Their fight is turning into a power thing and hatred that they speak against. They hate heterosexuals, normal people and want to impose their disgusting lifestyles on others. Do you want to kick me out of this site too? Bisi, you are the real idiot here. America, that preaches freedom, you can’t just kick someone out like that for speaking their opinion. He’s also a customer and has his right. He didn’t say kill gays or threaten them or call him “faggot”. He was simply stating his opinion. The more gays behave foolish, the more people can’t tolerate them. It’s ludicrous.

• Tolani

November 2, 2015 at 9:11 pm

That was actually harassment. The barber did it for money. You can’t know his true views unless he airs it out. Money was priority and he did not want to lose you.

• Ndubuisi

June 30, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Ur small mind is making u ignorant

2. Moron

June 30, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Bisi Alimi you are lucky you aint in Nigeria,you would have been stoned to death… and you will take your damned money with you.#PureRubbish.

• whocares

June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm

@Moron. Look at how you aptly named yourself. The importance of self awareness cannot be underestimated I tell you…. Good on you for standing up for yourself Bisi.

• Tunmi

June 30, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Which is why he left

• EllesarisEllendil

June 30, 2015 at 2:35 pm

He would not have been “stoned to death”. Contrary to the impression people like you give, we’re actually civilized here.

• Ndubuisi

June 30, 2015 at 10:23 pm

People like you is the reason why Nigeria is seeing around the world as a backward thinking country. Being gay is not a choice there millions of Nigerians that are gay but the are hiding it majority of them are married to hide the fact.

• Seriously

July 1, 2015 at 11:01 am

So bcos Nigeria is not accepting gays, it’s backward? How stupid is that. So, china, Saudi Arabia, Russia is backward too bcos of their stand on homosexuality. Nigeria is backward based on infrastructure, bad leadership, etc important things not immorality.

3. Ada

June 30, 2015 at 12:31 pm

God’s law will always be unchanged even though he has given us the free will to choose.

• C'est moi

June 30, 2015 at 3:29 pm

But it’s changed so much over time in accordance with the culture and customs of ‘his’ people….

• Omo1

June 30, 2015 at 3:34 pm

RIGHTLY said Ada, rightly said!

4. nneka

June 30, 2015 at 12:50 pm

I really don’t care what 2 adults consent to do with their bodies in the privacy of their rooms. I believe in God’s laws, and will raise my kids to abide by the biblical principles. However, I will not force my biblical standards/principles on anyone. Even God, with all His power and might, will not force anyone to do what He says.

Live and let live Guys, C’mon!

5. OnPoint

June 30, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Gay Rights Activist indeed!

6. Foxtrot

June 30, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Why did he mention the mans “very strong ibo accent”? That man is entitled to his opinion. same as Mr Alimi! Why couldnt he engage the man in a conversation to maybe enlighten him on the issue? Mr Alimi simply treated the man in the exact same way he would hate to be treated in response to his own own opinion(s).

Unfortunately Mr Alimi you have simply higlighted that you are just as guilty as everyone you keep pointing your finger at! It seems to me that you were more put off by his accent than his opinion!

Remember Mr Alimi – everytime you point your finger, there are three pointing right back at you!

• her

June 30, 2015 at 3:23 pm

No one should accept intolerance,you can accept objective opinions but never accept bigotry.

• God'sBae

June 30, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Bigotry is subjective my friend! What exactly is bigotry???? There’s nothing like objective opinion. That’s why it’s called opinion.The same way this so called right wing liberal people slam religion and everything that has to do with it everyday is the same way religious people slam theirs. So please tell me who exactly is the bigot????? Any opinion contrary from yours is bigotry? Did the man with “the strong accent” say if he see any if them he will kill them? Or he will execute them on sight? So what exactly is the bigotry? This same Bisi would go into a barber’s shop with an anti homosexual barber and say “the best thing about obama’s ad is the allowing of gay marriage, I find it disgusting when people are so anti gay, like its their business, especially all these religious people.” If he’s walked out, he would still cry fowl about being discriminated against. So I ask again, who is the bigot and what is bigotry?

Check the dictory for the meaning of bigotry “intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.” So I put it to you that Bisi is a worse bigot. Is he not supposed to be tolerant of the fact that, the man with “strong ibo accent” is from a country that criminalizes such and was raised with a religion that detests homosexuality. Instead of him to go with that homosexual #lovewins and try to convince and educate this seemingly uneducated individual why the anti gay bill is harmful and dangerous and what it’s like being gay. Bisi just made that man with “strong ibo accent” a little more set in his former conviction of #perversionwins when he had the opportunity to show him the opposite #lovewins. Or does their #lovewins only apply to the people they want to sleep with?

Bisi my dear you didn’t challenge bigotry, you just fostered it with so much valour. Straight people that are pro gay, didn’t become pro gay overnight. It’s because they met that one gay person who just exuded nothing but pure love and they were forced to think “Mehn! This people have no hand in them being gay, they are too adorable to be hated on.” If only you showed him pure love even without debating he would have gone home to have a rethink about his beliefs on the gay issue. I’m not say the man at the barber’s shop was right, I’m saying you my dear Bisi, your actions weren’t any better. Let your #lovewins reflect in all areas of your life, not just with your gay partners or lesbian friends.

• BlueEyed

June 30, 2015 at 5:05 pm

@her thank you! you my dear just summed it all up.

7. jwezee

June 30, 2015 at 1:02 pm

See life goals: Kicking some one out a barber shop…hahah pls bishhh get a life..i don’t get is every one meant to like gay people? Then why is there a word called “Homophobic”

8. hello

June 30, 2015 at 1:03 pm

BISI, go and SAT DOWN!! Yes, I said SAT!

9. tish

June 30, 2015 at 1:05 pm

About to lose a customer. Wasn’t the guy he ordered out also a customer? Anyway na una sabi, this changes nothing. You can’t force what I don’t agree with down my throat. Sin remains sin, paint it any colour you wish.

10. edie

June 30, 2015 at 1:13 pm

for your mind you don achieve

• Alero

June 30, 2015 at 2:51 pm

As in ehn, PhD. 😀

11. Chika**

June 30, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Wow!!!!!! With his strong Igbo accent? Really?? I am trying so hard not to say anything mean now…it is well with your LOST soul.

• ogeAdiro

June 30, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Maybe the strong Igbo accent remark was used to identify the man’s heritage. If he hadn’t said that, how would we have known that the guy was Nigerian? Is there anything wrong with a strong Igbo accent? As an Igbo man, if I no get strong Igbo accent na Obama go get am?

• IyaOpe

June 30, 2015 at 3:02 pm

He-Bisi could have said a Nigerian man, a fellow Nigerian, another customer, an obviouysly straight man, a heterosexual. In his argument, he claims to stand up against bigotry, I say he is not practising what he preaches by disparaginly stating that the man had a strong Igbo acent. Would he do the same if the man had an American accent, an English accent, a French Canadian accent, a French accent, a Portugese acent…see my point. Do we really need to know the man’s “heritage” as you say? How does his “heritage” bolster the argument? For the record, I do not in anyway support or endorse homosexuality. In my opinion it is an immoral lifestyle choice…and yes I know all sins carry the same weight on God’s scale, but I stand against homosexuality, theft, adultery and all the other commandments.

• ogeAdiro

June 30, 2015 at 3:56 pm

IyaOpe, we cannot control how others feels about us, but we can control how we feel about ourselves. If Bisi chooses to believe that my Igbo accent is beneath him, then that’s on Bisi. But I choose to believe that my Igbo accent is as admirable as the British, Canadian, American, and all the etc… accents out there. Had Bisi written “his rubbish Igbo accent”, then I’ll be the first to call for his head. But based on what I read above, Bisi was stating a fact. Now, if we choose to be offended by facts, then whose fault is it?
      Beliefs have and will always differ, but in all we do, we just have to remember to be respectful of each other. The way I see it, homosexuality is here to stay, so the sooner we(both for and against) begin to talk about it like adults, the better we’re all going to be.

• ogeAdiro

June 30, 2015 at 3:57 pm

*feel

12. swizzle

June 30, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Why do I have a feeling that this guy lies about some of these his stories? :/

13. art

June 30, 2015 at 1:34 pm

As much as I hate homosexuality, I’m not one to always show them how I detest their lifestyle, I just let them be, it is their life and they are the ones that would stand before God on the day of judgement to give account to their creator. But I find it very repulsive how they’re always all up in your face with their gayness, keep it to yourself, I’m not interested in knowing your sexuality, and whenever your with (straight) people behave yourself. I have worked with one of them on a fashion project before but he never got the impression that I was uncomfortable working with him, i believe that God has given all of us the free will to choose whether to practice good or evil So I don’t have to judge anybody, but I must not fail to speak the truth to them in love that what they’re doing is wrong and That JESUS died to set everyone free from sin and destruction.

14. Kike

June 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Bisi you are also intolerant!. The man expressed his views on the subject and you asked for him to be removed. Thats the problem with the gay campaignees in the West, you label all those who opposes your lifestyle as homophobic. Did the man tell you he was going to violently attack you? No, he simply expressed his views which every human being is allowed to do!

Bisi and the rest of the gay campaigners, some people don’t approve of homosexualism, gay marriage and gay adoption so GET OVER IT!

No to intolerant, militant liberals! Some people are conservative so leave them alone.

• polypoly

June 30, 2015 at 5:04 pm

uhmmm, nah is views were in support of criminalizing people for their basic human rights. who you love should not be controlled by a government. it just like saying north Koreans deserve what they get because its the rule of their land. nah, they are being tortured with hunger, death, etc and its against their human right.

15. A Real Nigerian

June 30, 2015 at 1:40 pm

What a brave and good man.
    Tired of bigoted f-cks who want to tell consenting adults what to do with their lives because of stupid cultural, societal and religions “norms”.
    Nonsense.
    Good to see a Nigerian so liberal.

• Real Nigerian?

June 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm

okay o.

• Naah

June 30, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Faggot! Closet champion. You need anger mgt classes.

16. grace

June 30, 2015 at 1:49 pm

not my business, NEXT!!!!

17. Beeeee

June 30, 2015 at 2:12 pm

“Strong ibo accent?” Really? Funny enough, that’s the only thing that jumped out at me. I am a proud Christian and my Bible tells me, to go out and multiply. I will leave that there. I am not here to judge o, because if God starts judging us for all our ish that we do, no one will be here commenting. God does not force us to follow Him, he give us a choice. So I say, everyone should have a choice to love same sex or opposite sex. We will know how far on the last day ?. This particular person however, rubs me the wrong way. He always comes across as fake to me and doing stuff just to get on blogs and to get likes and the stories sound a bit off too. So the barber asked a paying customer to leave the barbershop so he doesn’t lose another paying customer????? And with that part about the strong ibo accent, he just proved that he is a gigantic hypocrite. He should drop the activist title.. Sorry. My opinion

• cindy

June 30, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Lol, you had to put your opinion o before the bitches like brunofierce, polypoly, and arealnigerian come out to attack you for having an opinion ?

• Beeeee

June 30, 2015 at 4:09 pm

LMAO, you have seen me na……loooooool

• polypoly

June 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm

@Cindy – hey hun!! I hope you are having a great day. beautiful ladies never use curse words. I have never called anyone a B****h on this and and don’t have plans to. please do not refer to me as such. I like to come on here and have a good ole kiki, throw shade and side-eye but I don’t get as low as calling people animal names. smh!!!! you are better than this.

@Beeeeee – please what was wrong with saying “strong igb o accent”??? I mean when BellaNaija refers to some folks as “Yoruba actress”, do you protest and ask why they cant be simply called “actresses”? abeg comot dia, you don’t like Bisi and his sexual preference, that’s fine but stop tryna find toothpick inside a forest. he identified the man to be Nigerian based on the distinct Igbo accent, no crime with describing how he came to his conclusion that the said fellow was naija.

• Beeeee

June 30, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Erm, polypoly, after reading my entire comment and couldn’t find anything to hold against me, you stuck with the fact that i complained about “strong Igbo accent”. SMDH. There are several commenters who also complained about this same thing yet, I am the only one you found worthy enough to respond to? I am not sure what the analogy of the Yoruba actresses have to do with this though. Actresses who star in Yoruba movies are generally called Yoruba actresses even when most of them are not even Yoruba to begin with. That is common knowledge. I didn’t know however that it was common knowledge to identify an Igbo person by saying the person has a “strong Igbo accent” …..and I’m the one that should ” comot dia” ….. Now kindly scroll up and read Wale’s comment…..ahhhhh yeahhhh! So please continue to sit there and act like Bisi was complimenting he man when he described him as having a “strong ibo accent”. Have a wonderful evening.

18. MY VIEWS

June 30, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I think this so called gays are possesed, they are tools of the pit of devil. if the leaders are not careful, and not taking God seriously this world will end up dominated by illuminat kingdom. How on earth even the powerful nation give right to gays?

GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR GENERATION AND GENERATIONS TO COME!

• Girlbeingreal

June 30, 2015 at 8:13 pm

OMG! All hail the king of retards. Lemme let you in on a secret. God doesn’t give a fuck!

19. cindy

June 30, 2015 at 2:27 pm

He is doing the exact same thing he is asking homophobes not to do. Did the man attack you violently? I thought what you guys preached was tolerance. Then tolerate is freaking opinion. Hypocrite!
    Nigerians, I’ve told you. Most westerners accept homosexuality because they are scared to take a stand and be bullied by the likes of bisi. Rubbish!

20. A Kobo For My Thoughts

June 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm

I’m all about letting people live their lives as they see fit, but that is not to say I’m in support of homosexuality, I will speak the Truth in love as my Bible taught me to, it is wrong, this isn’t me being judge and jury but it is. You can’t expect me to agree to your opinions just because you want me to be ‘liberal’, not everyone will like you Mr Bisi, if you are indeed gay…o well….but in the case where I air my opinion, that isn’t reason enough for you to request I be thrown out of a space made for EVERYONE to visit. What you did was childish and quite frankly unnecessary and not reason enough to be proud.

21. EllesarisEllendil

June 30, 2015 at 2:38 pm

So Mr Alimi is a closet tribalist, anti free speech and heterophobic.

Je Suis Monsieur “Thick Ibo Accent”,

22. app

June 30, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Clear case of hypocrisy.
    Someone expresses an opposing view and you have him thrown out….SHAME on you and your likes.
    That is if this your cock-and-bull story is true sef.

23. Paloma

June 30, 2015 at 3:05 pm

who cares?

• polypoly

June 30, 2015 at 5:05 pm

uhmm, but you cared enough to read and comment…..

24. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

June 30, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Hi Bisi, to start with, the man was terribly obnoxious with his comments. Rude and intolerant. But you and the shop owner are just hilarious. The shop owner is probably homophobic but he had to play ball cos LGBT folks – despite being in the minority, their voice is VERY LOUD (if you know what I mean). We’ve seen politicians lose their seats cos they said something foolish against LGBT community. So don’t feel too cool, he was just being a businessman.

I personally feel everyone should have a right to love whomever they decide to love – as long as they’re consenting adults. I don’t intend sleeping/dating with these people, so why bother myself with whomever they decide to sleep/date with.

On the other hand, gay folks and their supporters need to be very tolerant of people who don’t support their choices (be it for religious, moral or societal reasons). Not everyone is comfortable with your choice – as long as they respectfully disagree, you shouldn’t tag them homophobic.

I don’t understand transgender but I don’t hate them. In fact, I’m reading so much on them these days. Hubby had to sit me down to ask if i had plans to do anything funny cos he couldn’t understand me researching and all. LOL! I’m just trying to understand the whole thing.

Both parties need to be tolerant of each other. Saying LGBT folks will go to hell is ridiculous – you’re not God’s secretary so calm down. But don’t tell me I’m not a cool kid cos I’m not a supporter of LGBT.

25. Ese

June 30, 2015 at 3:21 pm

If the man’s opinion hurt/offended him that bad, he should have walked out.. Is he saying that wherever he goes, he will just be walking people out? Walk out everyone in a restaurant or event or hotel. Lol! I’m sure he knows he will always come across people that will express their opinion about his “situation”.

26. Alert!

June 30, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Oh let him shut it abeg! What rubbish!!!

27. honeymix...

June 30, 2015 at 3:46 pm

As someone earlier pointed out, I think he’s lying. Besides, who the hell do you think you are for you to ask the barber to walk another customer out. Oh!! PULEEEEAAAASE, when the man was only airing his opinion about homosexuality just as a gay would air his/her opinion about straight people. Do you even think the man with his ‘thick Igbo accent ‘as you said would respect you or other homosexuals for that one action.

28. prince

June 30, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Bisi is just living his life. The guy made a serious mistake by talking like that in a country that is LGBT legal. Like someone said ‘if everyone will sweep the front of their house every morning, the whole world would be clean’ #wordforthought

29. Mohammad

June 30, 2015 at 4:09 pm

That was how I was on the bus in London last Saturday, sitting next to my bf when he then gave me a light peck on the cheek. The Nigerian man who had been speaking loudly (sorry, screaming as per the stereotype) on his phone in yoruba behind us then declares with barely masked disgust: “I don’t like that seeing these sorts of things. Two men kissing!” He then proceeds to change seats.

The rebel in me wanted to give my bf a full-on snog to see his reaction or to say in yoruba that “gbowos” have always existed in yoruba culture and were renown for their oratory, exemplary craftsmanship, poetry and their gift of music. In the end I did neither, and made a point of laughing hard at what had happened. He’s a dying breed- I hope.

30. adebowale

June 30, 2015 at 4:14 pm

hope you know the day you step your feet to Nigeria, 14 years awaits you in our prison

31. FinchleysFinest

June 30, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Where is Bruno??? lmao

32. Mimi

June 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Very well said. I concur. Never heard It said better. I’d like to post this on facebook, how do I give you credits?

33. AdaAda

June 30, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Mr Bisi Alimi and his bogus stories! I don’t buy it,

34. bee

June 30, 2015 at 6:43 pm

All of you claiming “God’s law”, “sin is sin”, “The word of God” and all the rest. As you are pointing fingers just make sure you follow all of the other laws in the Bible. Don’t ever sin o (past, present and future). You think grace exists for you but not for others ehn? If you can pick and choose what you follow in the Bible, let them pick and choose too. All these “self righteous people”.

35. i no send

June 30, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Bisi the only gay who is always threatened,and harassed ..i think because he has the ears of the human rights people he might sometimes embellish his stories to gain more audience…but some nigerians know how to talk offensively in public sha

36. Pretty girl

June 30, 2015 at 7:38 pm

And when he realized he was going to loose a customer he sent him away. Is the same man not a customer he has also lost a customer to na because the guy won’t come back there again and will also tell people to not to go there. And Bisi the igbo man is entitled to his own opinions u would have tried to explain some things to him but instead u went to cause trouble.

37. Girlbeingreal

June 30, 2015 at 8:13 pm

38. Olive

June 30, 2015 at 8:33 pm

As the LGBT/I/Q community pursue the agenda of acceptance, they should forget people are entitled to theirs. I do not condone violence and any form of maliciousness towards them. And if one is to discuss their intolerance, they should be wise and choicely with their words. In certain environments you cannot be waving your disdain for people freely. This community are still humans and deserve respect. As much as my faith is the basis of all my decisions and beliefs for the human race and rights, I do not care if you are gay. But God forbid that we begin to shut out people from places of work and enterprises because they do not have the same belief system. You can simply say, I belief in the fundamental vision of marriage, and nonetheless I will respect you as a person.

39. Disguised

June 30, 2015 at 10:09 pm

So YOU BISI yea ure allowed to be who you are and the guy is not allowed. This Bisi guy is so sad inside that he needs all the attentions he can get. God help you.

The owner of the Barbershop sef naw wah. Where did this happen sef for London? #attention seeker jor go and yash ur bf. if ur parents were gay, them for born you abi?

40. Author Unknown

June 30, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Why are we assuming “strong Ibo accent” was meant in a derogatory context? What if he had described someone as having a “thick American” or “thick Welsh” accent? Would you all have been as upset? More importantly, would an American or Welsh have been upset? Not likely. Only a Nigerian would get upset at their accent being described as it really is. Inferiority complex.

41. ima

June 30, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Bisi is the worse bigot between the two. Being ‘anti gay’ does not class one uncivilised. Freedom of speech is not one sided. Gay people bash religion and wants us to accept their doctrine by all means- No pls. We will not be bashed or cornered. China has the best approach- ignore, don’t ask, don’t tell. No one shud be punished for their sexual preference. Marriage shud remain btw a man and a woman. The Nigerian government passed this draconian anti gay law to prevent the west from forceful imposition. I bet u, no 1 will be purnished. Africans and Asians practiced polygamy for years, the west condemns it till date, and suddenly we shud accept whatever they deem right.

42. Beeeee

July 1, 2015 at 8:59 am

Exactly! Hypocrite! And until we hear from the barber or the man that was allegedly thrown out, or anyone else that was in the barber’s shop, I will file this story under the “so false” category. For a Nigerian man who was allegedly that heated about homosexuality, he wouldn’t have gone away quietly..lol. He would have reached Linda Ikeji swearing fire and brimstone…heheheehhe.

• Beeeee

July 1, 2015 at 9:00 am

This was a response to my darling Cindy’s comment

43. makei Talk

July 1, 2015 at 10:06 am

Abi you go come kick us out of Naija too. Yeye man!

44. makei Talk

July 1, 2015 at 10:08 am

Abi you want follow kick us out of Naija? No try am oh.

45. Cynthia

July 1, 2015 at 10:18 am

I am going to try and be civil.
    Bisi, you have to TRULY accept yourself for who you are – I am heterosexual and in your world, that’s not appreciated or even understood. You should know that that is exactly how I feel about your sexual orientation. In London, I know you enjoy the same freedom of expression and practice as gay man as I do here in Nigeria as a heterosexual woman .
    What I can’t understand however is your constant fight and struggle with the heterosexual society – especially the Nigerian society . Every move of yours isn’t an unbiased attempt at enlightenment but misguided frustration at pushing your sexual orientation on others.
    This has gone on too long and BellaNaija who is “Living & Celebrating the African Dream – whatever the African dream means” continues to upset some of us by bringing your articles here. But I digress.
    You hate yourself and you seek attention. This constant fight for acceptance should be directed at your family not every Nigerian that does not agree that “man should yash man” Some use the Holy books and God’s laws as backdrop to saying no man-on-man, others simply can’t accept it because it doesn’t appeal to them. Either ways, please stay on your lane.
    Try and leave your life without bitterness against the Nigerian State. You are in London now, you are in good company. Remain there until Nigeria legislates or accepts your orientation as normal, until then you remain a taboo*. Timing they say is everything.
    I don’t fault you though, if your female mother and your male father didn’t marry themselves or even fornicate to bring you here, we won’t be having this discussion.
    I hope you are still taking those HIV drugs btw….Stay Safe.

Cheers!

• Omo1

July 1, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I GOT SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS COMMENT. A thousand likes will never even be enough!

• B

July 2, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Hello Cynthia,
      You speak as if Bisi came to your door with his story. He shared an experience on his facebook wall (just like we all do) and Bella naija decided to publish it here. How does that translate into his being all what you have listed?
      Anyway, the plus of what you have written is that if anyone needs a shrink, they can always call on you as you seem to be very good at psycho-analysis.

Do have a lovely day. The earth is large enough to fit each and every one of us.

46. nwanyi na aga aga

July 1, 2015 at 11:00 am

I think the barber made an economic choice, maybe my Igbo brother doesn’t come often to barb hair, but “gay” Bisi is always there pruning, trimming and cutting, looool! So he decided to choose the customer that brings in more returns a la Bisi, So dear Bisi dont think he supported your cause o, He just supported his business, even that my Igbo bro that hates you would ve done the same if it was his business. looool! Now gay people have won, its remaining the incestuous and the last but never the least the Pedophiles…hahahahahahaha. Well something must give, its an interesting world.

47. Over Sabi

July 1, 2015 at 11:09 am

Bisi, taking pride in “bullying” the store owner into removing the “thickly accented” man is not a thing of pride. I hate the fact that men will drill bleeding unnatural holes into their rectum andfind an orgasm in that. That is VERY unnatural. The man has a right to Say “I Loathe Bisi” . He has the right to Say “I wish gays became extinct.” where it becomes a problem is when he bases his actions like you did on his dislikes and prejudices. if he decides not to hire because of your Choice to wear a butt plug, then he is wrong. if he decides to Campaign against the barber shop because You patronize it then he is wrong, If he talks to the shop owner to convince him that gays should be thrown out, that is when he is wrong. Talking about gays is no different than when pubertal boys and men might l say get together and talk about “loose” girls or easy women or how they hate Jonathan or Buhari or Some other expression of personal opinion. So get over it. Some of us will never think what you do is natural or acceptable. We will take Lesbians first -at least they don’t get to need rectal surgery. Just accept it and stop shoving your principles on us. we don’t care because we are not fit to judge. Only God on judge you.

48. ochokwu

July 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Anu mpama! A waste of a man.

49. bebe