Relationships

Ruth Kadiri Advises ‘Choose your spouse wisely. And stay married’

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Ruth KadiriNollywood actress Ruth Kadiri has been one for relationship talks recently from revealing her baby plans to giving advice about marriage.

The actress shared a photo and captioned ‘Women who divorce their husbands for petty reasons always end up regretting it. Choose your spouse wisely. And stay married.

Photo Credit: Instagram/ruthkadiri

1. FasholasLover

June 24, 2015 at 10:02 am

Bella (In my Igbo accent) If there is no news Biko, let us chill for today. All these type of cherewere posts. I cant fit I beg.

• Ross

June 24, 2015 at 10:50 am

Thank you oh. Don’t we have other issues. So so relationship advise. Our country is on the egde of bankruptcy and people are giving relationship advise. Women die daily giving birth to life (with all our technology in 2015) and we have no real working hospitals to boast of, but our people are talking about relationships. How about we face ‘human’ issues for once? Poverty, education, etc….the list goes on. So sad!!!

• nnenne

June 25, 2015 at 2:28 am

Your country is at the edge of bankruptcy?
      Come on, oil or no oil, Nigeria cannot be at the edge of bankruptcy unless you voted in leaders that are not creative!

2. smh

June 24, 2015 at 10:19 am

and why must the woman be blamed?does it mean after all the wrongs her spouse must have done to her,she should regret the fact she left?you simply should have said “don’t leave your spouse for petty things(both sexes). women like you are the problem with our society!you let men get away with everything without fighting back for your own sanity.

3. Blue

June 24, 2015 at 10:20 am

When Ruth gets married, she will understand that there is nothing like a petty reason for divorce….especially, on the woman’s part. I will say no more, but I’m sure my real sisters – married or about to- on the forum will agree with me.

• Nahum

June 24, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I agree with you my dear. Only a clueless single woman will make such a stupid statement. Women never divorce for petty reasons, that’s what men do. When a woman is fed up with her marriage, best believe it is for a NUMBER of major reasons. Silly girl!

• chichi

June 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Mehn, pardon me but this is an ignorant statement. There ARE women who divorce for petty reasons. Not all married women are selfless. Some are selfish as hell. I care a lot about the plight of women, especially Nigerian women. Infact, my boyfriend and brothers call me a feminist. However, i try to be objective. I agree that our men can be so selfish but there are selfish women too. Some married men go through hell too. So yes there are selfish women who divorce for petty reasons and some resort to murder depending on how selfish and desperate. I wont spoonfeed you and give examples. Think harder and if you cant come up with examples, pls do some research. Dont say stuff you are not sure of.
      Also, you dont have to be married to give good advice okay. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she said but i get it that y’all are just mad she addressed women. It wont kill you to acknowledge what she said before you talk about how selfless most women are or what married women go through. “Real sisters”,pls calm down. Not everybody is against us.

4. Naomi

June 24, 2015 at 10:25 am

Hmm, everyone has something to say sha. Aunty face your work abi marriage o, before u eat your words like our lightskinned aunty. See, what works for you in your relationship might not work for another. That doesn’t interpret to being better than them so don’t bring your superior advice here. Thanks.

5. Ruth in the mouth of BN Lioness

June 24, 2015 at 10:28 am

Ruth, in as much as you saying the gospel truth as ladies of this age divorce their partners based on flimsy excuses (and if our parents divorced based on those, many of us wouldn’t be born), they didn’t tell you there exist a site where there are Lionesses?

BN is a site of Lionesses and believe you me, they will tear you into pieces.

Just come back b4 COB and see how many comments you will have and how they will tear you apart.

6. PurpleiciousBabe

June 24, 2015 at 10:35 am

The first thought that came to my mind was that *what a daft comment*?
    Whilst hoping to read something constructive I read this.

To start with? Nobody enjoys divorce.. well at least from what I hear and know most women/some men would not want it.
    Secondly, that comment was an attack on women. Which is a shame as she is a woman herself and it is not advisable for her to say such. EVER!
    Thirdly, am sure most people who get into marriage have lots of hopes having chose wisely(whatever choose wisely means to her). But people in marriage can suddenly change or show their true intentions or develop for the worse with no respect or fairness on the other party (humans are unpredictable). Marriage involves so much emphasis place on a conscious effort required by both parties to ensure it is well sustained and enjoyed etc..

Point is, that comment is too vague and lacks depth.
    I hope she doesn’t end in that position even after choosing wisely (again whatever that means to her).

7. Nonye

June 24, 2015 at 11:00 am

Bella…..we shouldn’t really be bothered by myopic status like this… I was looking forward to something constructive. #disappointed

8. Jhennique

June 24, 2015 at 11:00 am

everyone is now a rship adviser kwa

9. Moyo

June 24, 2015 at 11:12 am

I will like to ask Ruth Kadiri just one question, how many divorce petitions has she seen filed by women for flimsy excuses?. I am a lawyer and I have seen many divorce petitions, if a woman files a divorce petition in our society, she must be going through some form of hell. My advise is that if you have not walked in someone’s shoes don’t knock what they have been through. Very soon even toddlers will be giving marriage advice.

10. chy

June 24, 2015 at 11:26 am

if joke silva gives advice i will listen,but certainly not ruth kadiri

• Nahum

June 24, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Gbam!! Let me hear from Joke Silva abeg. This idiot should stuff her advice where the sun don’t shine

11. MOM

June 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

petty reasons u mean? i personally do not support divorce but hey!!!!! not at your own detriment. i want to share a story. a friend of mine was happy when after waiting patiently in the lord for years a guy proposed to her and she accepted. the guy stays in the US and so they always talk on phone. severally the guy wished she is around her, to cuddle and so many lovely words that keep giving the lady hope . they talked abt the marriage preparation on phone and all that. finally the guy arrived Nigeria and as a christian lady she placed all her hope on the wedding night. the grand wedding came and gone and all the both families where happy for a very grand and beautiful wedding. Then the wedding night . she had all her sexy undies waiting for the guy to devour her cos she has been waiting patiently . unfortunately alllllll night the guy never got an erection and same the next morning . what !!!!!!!. some one u love so much and have been waiting to be close to. just then the guy spill the beans he is impotent. JEEZ. FROM THAT WEDDING NIGHT SHE TOOK OFF FOR DIVORCE AND FINALLY SHE IS TODAY AND HAPPILY MARRIED TO ANOTHER PERSON. AND A CHRISTIAN TOO. I HATE WHAT THE MAN DID . BUT PLS BELLA’S IT SERVE HIM RIGHT TO GET D DIVORCE BUT IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DIVORCE HIM AS A CHRISTIAN AND MARRY AGAIN AFTER THE FOR BETTER FOR WORSE. AV BEEN CONFUSED. THOUGH SOME HOW I LOVE THE REACTION. TO THE EMBARRASSMENT AND MESS THE MAN BROUGHT.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

June 24, 2015 at 1:04 pm

If her first marriage was never consummated, I think your friend may have gotten an annulment rather than a divorce…

• MOM

June 25, 2015 at 9:06 am

THANK YOU DEAR. IT WAS NEVER CONSU,MATED UNLESS SHE LIED.

12. Na Yoke i dey Yoke o

June 24, 2015 at 11:31 am

Many of us had both parents and yet want to divorce at the “silliest” of excuses.

Let me tell you something, divorce after one or two, your market value has reduced and no man will even look at your side. As for a man, even at 50yrs, he can still marry a 28year old virgin chic.

Many of you don’t even know that the men want to explore and have been looking for a way to send you packing before? Abeg please pack and go fast fast make I get chance go after this new hot chic I don dey eye since. After 4-5-6months, she can waka too make I get another fresh blood again.

Eating vegetable everyday dey quick tire me jare, I wan eat shawarma, pizza, fries, and all shades of rice (including fried, jollof, continental, coconut, vegetable, mixed rice)

Please na, Jane Public, Californiabawlar, Idomagirl, Ada nnewi, Fashionista, Isio, Thatgidigirl, whocares, mrs chidukane, miss pynk, natu, Ann, ocean beauty, nonye, purplelicious, fashola lover, Naomi, Bleedblue, moyo, Jennifer, Esosa, Iris, polypoly, Busarni, Tosin, nene, cindy, akpeno, Ada, salewa, whocares, I cant forget my one and only KRASAVITA, please na, I cant wait for you to pack your load and go.

Ayaf been praying ever since for you to go, when will you leave? All these new, fresh, hot, cute, sweet young girls wey dey outside now no dey gree me want to stay with you again.

Please divorce me please!

Na yoke I dey yoke o
    🙂

• Fashionista

June 24, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Looool! You are a case honestly.

• Na Yoke i dey Yoke o

June 24, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Fashionista baby, as per d 1st wife, please when are you serving me the divorce papers?

• polypoly

June 24, 2015 at 4:02 pm

LOL!!!!! your head dey dia jarey…..at least I don’t feel guilty with all these small boys serving me….oya make we waka go divorce kootu. dis marriage is OVA…lmao

• Na Yoke i dey Yoke o

June 24, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Polypoly sweetie
      small boys serving u? faints!
      No give me HBP p
      you know na yoke i dey yoke na
      i no fit leave u o
      oya i will make it up to you

13. Black Coffee

June 24, 2015 at 11:35 am

Ruth dear, please shush. No one thinks they’ve chosen foolishly and no one wants divorce. A good marriage is a blessing, God’s grace. Never think its because you know better than others.

14. Nkem

June 24, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Ruth are u married?

• Queen Spicey

June 24, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Good question. *In Don Jazzy’s Voice* oya Ruth, (put off the light) answer Nkem.

15. Brownie

June 24, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Yamayama dey smell….. Who is this gal to give such an advice. I DON’T SUPPORT DIVORCE but don’t crucify those that have gone through it because you never know what they have endured behind closed doors. Men these days are becoming LAZY to also keep their home. The task of keeping a home falls on both parents. Daily and constant reminder of what family means to them. Respect each other and forever uphold what binds them together.
    Marriage is bliss when there is God factor.

#All these r/ship expatriates (experts) sef, e don do abeg, tayad of reading such from my co-singles.

16. Bluntbabe

June 24, 2015 at 3:16 pm

i have come and tire for this Ruth of a girl ooo. Ruth, answer just this one question, why didn’t you keep your failed relationship? Hissingggggg

17. omobie

June 24, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Pope Francis says it may be “morally necessary” for some troubled families to split up so that the weaker partner or the children can be protected. He said this today June 24th while addressing Catholic faithfuls ahead of a global meeting on family life in October. He said;
    “There are cases in which separation is inevitable. Sometimes, it can even be morally necessary, when it’s about shielding the weaker spouse or young children from the more serious wounds caused by intimidation and violence, humiliation and exploitation”
    He went on to say that after separations, it is important that the couple is counseled so that the ‘child does not become daddy or mummy’s hostage”. He noted that there are many families with ‘irregular situations’ in the world.

18. Modele

June 24, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Ruth does not really have anything to say, she is just looking for attention.
    O yes, we have seen you Ruth. You can take several seats. Attention seeker looking for relevance.

19. Hian

June 25, 2015 at 1:09 am

*sigh* Another one for the ladies. Women have suffered. Anyway, homes are not breaking up solely because of women. When the Ministry of Advice Givers start talking to the men, we will see a turn around..

20. Befute sarki

June 25, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Ruth kadiri you can’t understand no matter the explanation dear, beko try and get married before you can understand how women are suffering in the hands of men.