News

“Nigeria’s Hairiest Woman” Queen Okafor Says She Gets Over 100 Suitors Daily

BellaNaija.com

Queen Okafor

Meet Queen Okafor, a woman popularly regarded as Nigeria’s hairiest woman.

In a recent interview with Punch, Okafor spoke about her hairy appearance, her numerous suitors, other affairs of the heart.

Excerpts:

On her admirers

“I get not less than 100 suitors and admirers everyday depending on the occasion. Married and single men, boys, girls, lesbians and gay men are attracted to me. But I can’t accept every person that approaches me because people are very deceptive.

Some men will tell me that they are not married, whereas they are married with children at home. I am not married, but I intend to get married one day because that is the prayer of every woman, but definitely not to a married man. If God answers my prayers, I will be happy to be married to a businessman that will love me and not be one that will beat me.”

On her past relationships

“I fell in love with one man, but I detest men that don’t tell the truth, I was in love with him but because he was a womaniser, I decided to dump him. On several occasions, he tried to seduce and sleep with my younger sister. My sister told me about this. She said whenever she was asleep, he would sneak into her bedroom and attempt to sleep with her.”

On her hairy appearance

“It is a family thing, especially from my father’s side. So, if I get married, I won’t be surprised to see any, if not all of my children, having hairs all over their bodies.

Read the entire interview on PUNCH

1. kaay

June 24, 2015 at 10:23 am

Hmm I like her confidence but I think she should go to the hospital and have her hormone levels checked. Male pattern hair growth is a common symptom of hormonal inbalance. eg pcos.

• Research Maverick

June 24, 2015 at 3:15 pm

You’re absolutely right! I saw the caption and her photo, and immediately thought: “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)”. She definitely needs to see an endocrinologist!

• tutu

June 24, 2015 at 7:55 pm

could also be hirsutism as a result of suprarenal hiperactivity.

2. yinkus

June 24, 2015 at 10:30 am

sweetheart if ‘gay’ men are attracted to you, they are most certainly NOT gay.

3. zz

June 24, 2015 at 10:35 am

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Maybe?! hirsutism can actually be treated. Sigh. Oh Nigeria.

• Trudy

June 24, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I was just about to say that. If she has that, her chances of having kids are lik soooo little

4. nene+

June 24, 2015 at 10:37 am

What type of suitors??? gays stalkers?
    May be homo who see her as a prime candidate.
    God help you girl.! Wish her hormone can be reset, looks like she want to be a lady she is.
    Be careful with those numerous suitors.
    Best of luck.

5. mizzy

June 24, 2015 at 10:40 am

very poor interview i must say……..

• nana

June 25, 2015 at 7:01 am

i strongly agree with you. this interview is very distasteful…….. no probing questions were asked or answered. SMH

6. Grace

June 24, 2015 at 10:47 am

Smh….I have always this wasnt real until today. Ok o….Enjoy it all while it last

7. bruno FIERCE

June 24, 2015 at 10:52 am

” I was in love with
    him but because he was a womaniser, I
    decided to dump him. On several occasions,
    he tried to seduce and sleep with my younger
    sister. My sister told me about this. She said
    whenever she was asleep, he would sneak
    into her bedroom and attempt to sleep with
    her.”

JESU OLUWA O. who be that man. he wanted to sleep with ur younger sister? and u didn’t cut his head off.
    nigerian heterosexual men, u people don’t fear God oh. so greedy and disgusting.

this woman is not very intelligent but I don’t blame her. every woman’s prayer isn’t to get married one day, this is 2015.

She’s very popular around the world tho, especially on instagram. americans use her picture for funny memes.

• Tanya

June 25, 2015 at 11:00 am

O my God, give it up already! The only thing you got from this poor interview (well it might just be excerpts) was that her NIGERIAN HETEROSEXUAL boyfriend tried to sleep with her younger sister? You never miss an opportunity to compare homosexuals to heterosexuals especially as relates to promiscuity. You speak up against bashing of LGBT and yet? Everybody has choices and live their lives as they say fit. Let it go honey – Serenity.

8. Amh

June 24, 2015 at 10:53 am

Igbo girls are naturally hairy. Why would you think her suitors are gay? What if the guys are attracted to her. For the fact that most igbo girls have hairy chest and mustache does not deter their men finding them attractive. Shes happy and feel unique. And positive about herself. I wish her luck. Shes happy and am sure will find love.

• Ann1

June 25, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Igbo girl hater alert!! What, did a beautiful Igbo girl steel your boyfriend, and now you’re determined to tarnish every Igbo girl’s image? Try again on a different blog, cus that statement is bogus. Smh

9. Jhennique

June 24, 2015 at 10:59 am

100 gini?

10. CEE

June 24, 2015 at 11:09 am

100 suitors per day kwa?? hian!! odiegwu

11. Bimpe

June 24, 2015 at 11:10 am

She should just go and wax

• chy

June 24, 2015 at 11:20 am

lol no be small wax.candle wax tins

12. TOSIN

June 24, 2015 at 11:21 am

actually thought trangender has come into Nigeria ….*sigh of relief*..,my dear wax that beard asap!!

13. Becca

June 24, 2015 at 11:32 am

There’s someone for everyone.

14. Tkum

June 24, 2015 at 11:41 am

Queen yo! Baby oku…nwaayo kwa biko….100 kwa daily? Doctor’s Prescription? tabs?.. biko took it easy..

15. Jice

June 24, 2015 at 11:54 am

100 suitors, and I’m finding it hard to find one Igbo oh I mean Naiij guy.

LOL

16. lorna

June 24, 2015 at 12:03 pm

@Yinkus , they (gay) probably think she’s a he-she, lol
    I wonder why she isn’t waxing it though and hope she knows this is treatable but then again, she probably likes it or the attention. Good luck to you!

17. chinny

June 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Ebelebe!!! 100suitors a day indeed!!!

18. benita

June 24, 2015 at 12:07 pm

lies too much 100 shit…….do u come across a million people everyday small small dey exaggerrate oo

19. prince

June 24, 2015 at 12:24 pm

100 suitors and you’re still single. yeyecious

20. hmmm

June 24, 2015 at 12:36 pm

good for you oh!! but i dont believe… sorry

21. sass

June 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Please this is a real question and I need answers.
    is there a possibility that during the War chemical weapons were used on the igbos?. all I mean all the hairy girls I know are Igbo.

• Foodie

June 24, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Apparently in their diet since it consists of plenty veg etc. plenty calabar women are also hairy and also see pride in displaying hair especially on their legs. Nothing new.

• Oge

June 24, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I’m an Igbo girl and i found this hilarious. LMFAOOOOO

• nene

June 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

lmfao. true. igbo girls are the hairiest in the country. hausa and yorubas have little to no hair.

• benny

June 25, 2015 at 1:16 am

Hausas have little to no hair?
      Wow! U r so smart.

22. kevwe

June 24, 2015 at 12:54 pm

please is she a bill board? where do u stand or go to that u get 100 suitors daily? loooool. 100 suitors kwa? isshorait!

23. bruno FIERCE

June 24, 2015 at 12:54 pm

the ladies on bellanaija are angry and jealous that people still want to marry this babe even tho she’s covered in fur.

this woman can still get several men with the way she looks while u, u are fresh, no single hair on ur body and still u can’t land a man, no man is giving u any attention, that must be very painful. pele o

• Tkum

June 24, 2015 at 1:44 pm

lmaooo @ covered with fur

• red

June 24, 2015 at 3:00 pm

you must show urself [email protected] u go talk one thing wey get sense, another time you go just go hay wire. na wa o

24. Oyindee

June 24, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Nkan be

25. Anonymous

June 24, 2015 at 1:55 pm

Hoe there

26. O~Intuition!

June 24, 2015 at 2:00 pm

This lady most likely has Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), also called hyperandrogenic anovulation or Stein–Leventhal syndrome.
    She should be advised on appropriate management (as there isn’t a cure).
    she is just gallivanting from one media outlet to another.

27. Chizzy

June 24, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I’m a lady, very hairy, also Igbo but with no mustache and beards!
    Just my hands, legs and I also have a very full thick and long hair.
    That’s how God created her, waxing isn’t the solution.
    You all should let her be, she’s happy the way she is.

• Prec

June 24, 2015 at 4:03 pm

God also made us naked, but we don’t walk around naked, he makes us get periods, but we wear tampons or pads. He also made us with hair growing from our armpit but we shave, so your point?

• Shannie

June 25, 2015 at 5:47 am

LMAO………..You people on BN are gonna kill me.

28. ACE

June 24, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Odiegwu. Hmmmm…

29. Anonymous

June 24, 2015 at 2:42 pm

When will Nigerians learn to stop criticising and insulting their own people.If she is an American or British citizen,will you say the very thing you just said to her.Those of you will mean and nasty comments,you need to grow up and stop behaving like a child.

• polypoly

June 24, 2015 at 4:08 pm

SHATTAP ya mouth….who is dissing her??? Is it not the Americans and Brits that using her pics for cheap laffs on Instagram and Twitter. Gerrara here men

30. Anuli

June 24, 2015 at 3:25 pm

100 suitors ko, my dear dt 1 na big lie, u get o suitors per day. Sry, just saying..

31. T.Girl

June 24, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Hmmm I also find that ‘100 suitors a day’ thing not true tho, I think she’s just exaggeration

32. Exotique

June 24, 2015 at 4:07 pm

@Amh: who said most Igbo girls are hairy? I am Igbo and I honestly do not know any hairy girls. How many girls in Nigeria are hairy? What percentage is from the Igbo tribe? Are there factors that predisposes Igbos to hairiness? Do your research, then come on here and comment. And someone said its because of the veggies we eat? Lol……Smh. I read Bellanaija because most people on here comment intelligently and armed with facts. I hope that isn’t changing. @100 suitors a day: LMAO….

• nene

June 24, 2015 at 5:55 pm

biko mechi onu. i am igbo and most of the igbo women i know are hairy compared to other tribes.

33. arknoidd

June 24, 2015 at 4:23 pm

100 suitors a day. That’s a lie abeg. Unless she meant spiritual suitors lol

34. Tbreezy

June 24, 2015 at 5:33 pm

with the degree of hirsutism, it also possible she might have a condition called congenital adrenal hyperplasia , Polycystic ovaries (PCOS) could also be a possibility. She needs to see an endocrinologist

35. santaporch

June 24, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Hmm,seriously speechless, I was thinking that she will be asking for assistance from pple but is actually d opposite of what I expected,all she should be doing right now is ask for help I mean finacial help to see what she can do to the hairy suitation,not drastical making herself porpular ova nufin and besides she is not getting any younger, this lady is living beside my house “afolabi shole” she is speaking asif she is proud of her suitation wen obviously she is not,when she see a person passby she wont even have the setruim to look at you,so what is this drama all about.

36. Bolanle

June 24, 2015 at 7:00 pm

When are we going to start challenging beauty standards. I am well aware of PCOS but in the event that she doesn’t have PCOS, is it not alright to be hairy? Why is it acceptable for men to be hairy and for women not to be? Is it fair that women have to go the painful methods of hair removal so that they satisfy your idea of beautiful? YOU dictate what is beautiful. No one else but you! And when are we going to look past physical appearance and start valuing women for what they can contribute to society. If this lady has something to offer, I don’t see how her body is a deterrence. Chew on that for a minute.

It is quite disappointing to see how myopic some of the comments are. You sit in front of a laptop, PC or smartphone and you speak from a position of privilege. I do not claim to know your backgrounds and frankly it is irrelevant. The fact that you can read and comment is privilege enough. Some of you suggested waxing and seeing an endocrinologist. Fine! But you speak as if you don’t live in a country with over 60% poverty. Waxing and an endocrinologist are luxuries. An endocrinologist will recommend a hormonal test. I’ve had this test done and it cost N50,000 at the PathCare lab. The minimum wage in our country is N18,000 and what I spent on a lab test is almost 3months wage. I know many of you are offering solutions from a genuine place. However, you can only think of such luxuries when other aspects of your life are settled. You can only think of going to an endocrinologist or waxing when you have 3 meals a day, have sound education e.t.c. Many of us (including myself) view Nigeria through privileged eyes and it’s unfortunate. It’s hard to see things any other way but we have to make a conscious effort. Whenever you speak, keep in mind that you part of a an elite group of Nigerians living above the poverty line.

• Strit Kredibility

June 24, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Best comment. U said it all

• xris

June 28, 2015 at 12:08 pm

well said by all. if its all about beauty and elegance and social values your comments would settle the matter. Unfortunately it goes beyond these mundane issues. Our hairy ‘lady’ needs. medical checks very urgently. For all I know ‘she’ may not even be a she. She could be a hamaphrodite or clinically an intersex. She may actually be a man with some congenital sex aanomaly. For instance how often does she see her menses.? What is her external genitals like?
      These are not matters to be ignored just because some Nigerian’s are poor or because hairiness is culturally and biologically is not a sign of beauty in a female sex. There’s no apology for that. Ladies can’t eat their Oakland keep it. It is the ladies themselves who indirectly make the rules for beauty by stretching themselves to create high standards.
      this person should quickly come for clinical evaluation by a gynaecologist and a Radiologist. She certainly will not require 50,000N to sort her self out.

37. zee

June 24, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Posts like this make doctors happy, they move unnecessary stuff

38. Jewel

June 25, 2015 at 8:18 am

Looks irritating….men dey try sha….

39. Angiee

June 25, 2015 at 10:57 am

Always thought I was hairy, this one is really something else. She should try & do something about it.

40. xoxo

June 30, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Medical students… First line of action – Diagnosis
    iHeartMedicine. But really she should Check her hormone lvls.