Style

Say It Ain’t So! Rihanna Reportedly Taking a Break from Music to Focus on Fashion Line – ‘$CHOOL KIlls’

Rihanna-Zac-Posen-February-2015-BellaNaija0002

We’ve got good news and we’ve got bad news. The good news is Rihanna is seriously taking on fashion and might even have a fashion magazine – Robin – out soon. The bad news is that means she will be taking a break from music.

According to reports from Grazia Magazine, the 27-year-old singer, who has appeared in loads of fashion ads including those for Balmain and Dior, and has launched successful collaborations with fashion brands; will be focusing solely on building her fashion empire , starting with an accessories line. BellaNaija reported that she has a line of Flash Tattoos, so it seems she has a lot of other ventures in the works.

According to Grazia; “An application was filed last month at the US Patent and Trademarks Office by Rihanna’s company, Roraj Trade, LLC, for a new brand, $CHOOL KIlls.’ It was registered and trademarked in New York on 11 May under the category of ‘leather products’ and ‘clothing products.’

A close source told the mag that ‘$CHOOL KIlls’ will be an accessories line which will cover everything from totes, later evolving into fashion. The source continued “She still loves the music, and it’s what launched her, but this is her focus right now.” “Rihanna has already had a successful clothing line with River Island and is not limiting herself to just music and touring for the rest of her life. She will continue to release singles and albums, but she’s had plans in place to expland in other areas like fashion, for a good few years now.

To read the rest of the exclusive, head over to GraziaDaily.co.uk

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Chelsea Lauren

1. A Real Nigerian

June 26, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Rihanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    This chick does things to me down there!!!

2. BlueEyed

June 26, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Positive: Job opportunities for young creative designers now!!!

3. polypoly

June 26, 2015 at 8:27 pm

The Navy weeps….lol!!

honestly, this Era has been a mess and poorly managed. I mean the R8 album was just jaga jaga, all the singles were a mess. American Oxygen failed on the charts despite being used during the Final 4 and Freddie Gray Baltimore saga. FourFiveSeconds was a successful single on the charts but failed to hit hit #1, like why wont u promote the song Rih??? Just when we thought she woulda dropped a video for Bih Berra have my money, she went cold turkey and was doing Instagram model on a tropical vacation. smh!!! the fans wont support this yeye fashion line. #Justice4R8album

ughhh, biko I am done being an officer in the RihNavy, I wanna quit. they can courtmartial if they want, but I am back in the Beyhive and CiArmy.

ps: sorry in advance if you don’t understand Navy stan lingo.

• Mye

June 28, 2015 at 5:48 pm

R8 isn’t even out love, just 3 singles. How can you judge yet?

• S!

June 28, 2015 at 6:43 pm

But the 3 singles failed woefully on the charts. That’s why she is stalling R8 because if she releases now it would fail sales wise. She has over exposed her self for too long, this is the result!

• polypoly

June 29, 2015 at 3:22 pm

uhmmm, sweetie a lot of the singles have leaked okkkaaay!!! you obviously are not in the navy if you are unaware about 6 sons are already on the net.

the promo for this era is almost like how Ciara’s management handles tinz….sloppy

4. No problems

June 26, 2015 at 8:41 pm

That’s cool. Our ears need a break from her screeching. Sure she’ll be missed. Just not by me.

5. EllesarisEllendil

June 26, 2015 at 9:16 pm

*Gasp* “Say it ain’t so indeed” I think……………I think **deep Breath**……………………………….I think I’ll survive.

BTW school only Kills when you are have either become a top draft pick, signed a multi-million Pounds Football deal, invented Facebook, founded Microsoft or Google or released a Platinum album(risky!) until then stay in school.

• Jamal Rashad

June 28, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I am pretty sure the title is pulling ideas from concepts which criticizes Standardized Education and its affects on Creativity– Does School Kill Creativity?
      Quite genius actually.

6. Shuga

June 26, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Praise The Lord!! Her music is trash and her voice aswell as performances are way too mediocre.
    In terms of fashion, she is a puppet who just wears whatever her stylist puts together. Which is why her own designs are never successful. Her river island line was an atrocious flop.
    Nigerian women who live vicariously through this woman, don’t kill yourselves o over my comment

7. Kaeto

June 26, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Inspiring and yes, that’s how to work in your 20’s than crying over broken heart.

8. Kaeto

June 26, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Inspiring

9. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

June 26, 2015 at 10:04 pm

NO BIGGIE!

10. Sotonye Jude Amoni

June 26, 2015 at 10:12 pm

she is not goin to make it big in the fashion maket

11. Ese

June 26, 2015 at 10:49 pm

RiRi my bae,my boo,my girl..whatever you wanna do is fine with me cuz I know you’ll say as always. I have no fear. I love you baby!! Even if you sell cement tomorrow it’s okay.

• Ese

June 26, 2015 at 10:50 pm

*slay

12. Ice

June 26, 2015 at 11:59 pm

That’s really God.. Kudos riri

13. Tosin

June 27, 2015 at 4:32 am

interesting news. at least now we know the name of the planned project.

14. @edDREAMZ

June 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    I just wish she has a kid to call her own though… Gud luck to her though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

15. Onetallgirl

June 27, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Rihanna y don’t you just release R8 first then do fashion, I’ve been waiting o!!

• true talk

June 27, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Word!! How you have us wait and wait and wait and wait. …. Like the whole reason we fucked with you because you stayed witg shit out every year!! We NOT fucking wit that line tho.!! #factz