Relationships

❤❤! Genevieve Mag Founder Betty Irabor & Hubby Soni Celebrate 33 Years of Marriage

Betty-Irabor-Soni-Slow-Dance-October2014-BellaNaija003Congratulations to the founder of Genevieve Magazine Betty Irabor and veteran Nigerian broadcaster Soni Irabor as they celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary today, July 29, 2015.

‘It’s my 33rd wedding anniversary today. God be praised. Gratitude mode,’ she shared on Twitter.

Betty & Soni Irabor

Betty & Soni Irabor

1. Abk

July 29, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Congratulations. May God continue to bless your union, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

• Seriously

July 29, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I see some folks don’t know the definition of hypocrite. Keeping your marriage from social media doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate birthdays or anniversary. Bellanaija is an entertainment site so they carry news from everyone.

Now, if you make it a duty to talk about your relationship/marriage on facebook, twitter, etc that’s a different ball game. Keeping it away from social media mean you are not sharing personal info. Posting pics here and there, ain’t nothing wrong with that.

• BuharisSideChick

July 29, 2015 at 8:29 pm

So, in what context is this your comment? Why did you jump up here? Meanwhile, the person you are replying to is down down. Ode.

2. Gorgeous

July 29, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Do these guys have a celebration every year when their anniversary comes around, or is it BN over reporting. I can swear i have seen this news like every year since reading BN. Madam, what ever happened to keeping your marriage away from the public eye like you advised other’s.

3. Ashley

July 29, 2015 at 3:12 pm

B—x!

• Ashley

July 29, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Congrats to the lovely couple.

4. Ebony

July 29, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Mature lovers

5. chy

July 29, 2015 at 3:33 pm

God bless ur marriage.Let other celebs borrow a leaf frm u guys

6. Beeeee

July 29, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Congrats to them, but based on all her rantings about keeping your relationship off social media, she comes off as a bit of a hypocrite to me. If you are keeping your relationship off social media, there should be nothing about the relationship/marriage on social media, no birthdays, anniversaries etc. If she wants to talk about any aspect of her relationship on social media, then she cant be bashing celebrities who choose to do that. You cannot be foming holier than thou and then and turn around and do the same thing you are bashing, it doesnt work like that. As soon as you put anything on social media about your relationship, your relationship is classified as being on “social media”. It doesnt matter if its just “happy birthday boo”. Once you do that, you have given social media access into your life. She has been married for this long because they are probably both mature adults who have chosen to stay together no matter the circumstance, not because she does not discuss every aspect of her relationship on social media. My opinion!

• mgtss.blogspot.com

July 29, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Me thinks that celebrating an anniversary and sending an apology to your spouse on Instagram are two different scenarios, to give a very recent example

• Beeeee

July 29, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Hello, hope your day went well. I see it as the same thing my dear because there is no social media for celebrations and one social media for apologies. There’s only one social media. I don’t put anything about my marriage on Instagram, no pictures, no apologies, no anniversaries, that’s my personal choice but it doesn’t mean I should bad mouth my friends who do all those things. That’s the point I was trying to make. It doesn’t matter if it was an apology or celebration, all na social media and people still have access to you.

7. Aisha

July 29, 2015 at 4:36 pm

@gorgeous @beeee she put it on twitter and 33yrs in marriage isn’t beans, she’s allowed to at least wish herself and husband a happy anniversary….. from all indications it was even short precise and sweet if BN decided to repost then its news for them. I really don’t see anything wrong here. Happy Anniversary to the Irabor’s

• Beeeee

July 29, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Hi Aisha, how are you? I know 33 years of marriage isn’t beans. We are not knocking her marriage. We just made a reference to what she said regarding social media. You cannot make a blanket statement about celebrity relationships and social media, then pick and choose the part of your relationship you want to share on the same social media. That’s all we are trying to say. I hope I’m thinking along the same line as @gorgeous… ???

• toluh

July 30, 2015 at 12:01 am

i like you, (Cyber Hug). you are a very polite person. your replies shows your level of maturity

8. Jo!

July 29, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Aunty. Please, abeg, ease up on the botox, eez not good again

• Tari

July 29, 2015 at 11:08 pm

The last time I referred to her botox, BN banned my comment.

• Beeeee

July 30, 2015 at 10:23 am

lmao @ “BN banned my comment”

9. Amh