Connect with us

Advertisement

News

Imo Man Dies After Drinking 20 Sachets of Gin in N500 Bet

Published

 on

Homeless Man

A middle-aged man from Imo State reportedly died after consuming 20 sachets of gin in a N500 bet he had with a woman.

The deceased named Chucks, a barber, was happily married with a child, and lived in Aba, Abia State, Vanguard reports.
According to an eyewitness account:
The deceased had on the fateful day, gone to a nearby local shop situated within the area to take a sachet of his usual brand of gin and boosted to the shop owner that he could finish 20 sachets of the drink.
This was said to have led to an argument between the deceased and the shop owner and other customers in the shop that morning.
The argument, it was learned, reached a stage where the deceased deposited N500 and the shop owner also placed her own N500 in a bet.
The deceased was then provided with the sachet drinks for consumption.
It was gathered that he successfully consumed the 20 sachets of dry gin and went away with the bet money.
The deceased was said to have left his barbing salon earlier that day to his house when he started feeling some pains in his stomach and asked his wife to put on their sitting room ceiling fan and sat  directly beneath it.
When his condition got worse, his wife asked him what the problem was.
The deceased told his wife he was okay, but just needed rest.
He subsequently died.
Photo Credit: Gunter Nezhoda/Dreamstime.com (*Photo is for illustrative purposes only*)

18 Comments

  1. imoboy

    July 29, 2015 at 12:13 pm

    okay!
    any question?

  2. sabi sabi

    July 29, 2015 at 12:23 pm

    Hmmn.

  3. Mystique

    July 29, 2015 at 12:27 pm

    oh well……..

  4. Bayowilson

    July 29, 2015 at 12:33 pm

    My people perish because they are foolish

  5. livingstone

    July 29, 2015 at 1:13 pm

    HMMMM……..

  6. Taiwo

    July 29, 2015 at 1:29 pm

    Shayo na bastard!

  7. Anon

    July 29, 2015 at 2:03 pm

    Simple. Alcohol poisoning…. R.I.P Mr!

  8. Beegirl

    July 29, 2015 at 2:58 pm

    Of course he dies, his liver most probably shutdown from that alcohol.

  9. Teeghearl

    July 29, 2015 at 3:30 pm

    Nawa o,on top 5h. Chai

  10. EllesarisEllendil

    July 29, 2015 at 3:51 pm

    Chalk up another death to illiteracy.

  11. YOLO

    July 29, 2015 at 4:03 pm

    Alcohol is a wicked man.

  12. Aibee

    July 29, 2015 at 4:31 pm

    youcannotfixstupid.dazall

  13. jojo

    July 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm

    alchohol poisoning does happen.

  14. jojo

    July 29, 2015 at 5:40 pm

    RIP

  15. MC

    July 29, 2015 at 8:26 pm

    So how much does 20 sachets of gin cost!?

  16. keechi

    July 30, 2015 at 6:43 am

    For N500?? Smh that’s just sad!

  17. J.J

    July 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

    Nawa for Imo people ooo!….. see how this man killed himself because of Kaikai.

  18. dex

    August 15, 2015 at 9:13 am

    His enzymes could not accommodate the extra alcohol at once

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tangerine Africa
css.php