News

Kenyan Female Writer Warns: “Stay Away from Nigerian Men, They are All Conmen”

African American Couple Fighting

A Kenyan female writer who pens articles under the alias City Girl is causing a major uproar on the Internet this morning.

In the article posted on Nairobi News, the writer warns Kenyan women to stay away from all Nigerian men, stating that they are all conmen.

Here is an excerpt from her article:

What is it with Kenyan women and Nigerian men? What is it with those short, stocky bearded West African mohines that make Kenyan women move planets for them?

We have heard enough stories about how Kenyan women borrowed loans for their Nigerian boyfriends to pay for ‘containers with goods worth millions’ stuck at the port only for the Nigerian man to disappear.

I know Kenyan women whose careers and lives have come to a standstill after a Nigerian man swept them clean, and I mean clean; car, house, land, money… everything.

So today, ladies, I chose to address this topic, once and for all. After this, I don’t expect any of you to be conned by a so-called ‘romantic’ Nigerian man. I will only say this once.

Stay away from Nigerian men! All Nigerian men are conmen. Repeat after me; “All Nigerian men are conmen”. There are no exceptions here. When you see a Nigerian man, run the other way. Don’t stop to invoke the name of Jesus or pray. Just take cover.

While you are at it, here are a few pointers you need to look out for in a Nigerian man. If he exhibits any of these traits, then you are dealing with a riffraff.

1. He is too romantic: You have never met a man like him. He treats you like a glass statue and worships the ground you walk on. He is not like the unromantic Kenyan men who don’t text you back or return your calls. He calls you ‘baby’ all the time except when he calls you ‘my queen’.

You have never been immersed in so much love and affection. You are literally intoxicated in his love. He will even paint your toenails and shampoo your hair. Red flag.

He is fattening you up for slaughter. He is warming your heart. Softening you up by leading you to believe that you have found the one. It is not humanly possible for a man to be 100 per cent romantic, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That romantic Nigerian man is up to something.

2. He throws money at you: No man in his right mind will throw money at a woman. Kwani wewe ni nani? But this Nigerian is the most generous man you have ever met in your life. He even gives you money before you ask for it because ‘you are special and you deserve it’.

He debunks every myth you have ever heard about Nigerian men swindling women off their money. You relax and put your guard down. You think that the Lord has finally smiled upon you and given you a wonderful man who is not only loving, but also rich. All those prayers you prayed for a husband have finally been answered. Shock on you.

He is making an investment and he knows what he is doing. He will shower you with gifts and money amounting to Sh1 million, knowing very well that he will con you Sh3 million and make a profit Sh2 million. Tax free.

One day, when you least expect, he will strike. He will be in dire need of some Sh2 million for a deal and because he has created an illusion of wealth, you will readily give in. You will run to the sacco and borrow some Sh2 million. That will be the beginning of your downfall.

3. He moves in with you: So he gives you a cock and bull story about how he is putting up with a friend in Kileleshwa but has been unsuccessfully looking for a house. You pity him and allow him to put up with you in your house for a short while before he finds a bigger house for the two of you…

Read the entire article on Nairobi News

Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com

1. Californiabawlar

July 14, 2015 at 9:39 am

Lmao!! This gon be gooooood!

• beebee

July 14, 2015 at 11:42 am

what a great article. Nigerian man scare me, they are like South African Zulu man, loud, rude, domineering etc. what a great article. thank you for warning these women…lol

• iseemaths

July 14, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Someone’s butt hurts lol… Stivk with your own if intercountry dating aint for u…????

• eva njeri

August 26, 2015 at 5:04 pm

As a Kenyan woman who once dated a Nigerian man in my college years, in fact he was my first lover and I was a virgin. I must say that I am indeed terribly embarrassed by my fellow Kenyan woman’s despicable, insensitive, disrespectful, ignorant, arrogant and totally inaccurate blanket analysis of Nigerian men. Although my own relationship with the Nigerian man did not lead to marriage, due to his mother’s preference that he marry a Nigerian lady, I have immense respect and gratitude for my Nigerian ex for making me the person I am today. He was a great role model in my life and since then although I dated some Kenyan men, I eventually got married to a Francophone West African man who is my King. Apologies to most Nigerian brothers who are actually some of the greatest men in Africa. Granted there are con-men in every society and there are more Nigerians in Africa than any other group so all I can say is that not all Kenyan woman have bad experiences with Nigerian men and I know several who in fact are happily married to great Nigerian men. Many Kenyan women seek Nigerian men to love and marry them because the Kenyan society generally does not appreciate women who know what they want in life and many Kenyan men are disrespectful of women and treat them like fellow men. I hope there will be more intermarriage between Kenyan and West African men because I would love for other women to have what I have, a great West African man.

• maggie

August 29, 2015 at 7:24 pm

The most honourable and precious gift a woman can give herself in Kenya is to take cover if you see a Nigerian man. Don’t even allow a handshake , just run faster or even scream if possible. Ohh.

• icequeen

March 25, 2016 at 7:40 pm

please you know nothing about Zulu men don’t you dare compare them to Nigerians,zulu man are not drug dealers,pims or scammers so please back off!

• Bayowilson

July 14, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Who wrote dis? Pure fallacy.

• Garfunkel

July 14, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Hey guys, I just thought I’d add my two cents. I’m late to the party but I hope a few people can see this. I’m a Nigerian guy and reading through these comments, I couldn’t help but think of the comments about men as synonymous to the comments about Nigeria as a whole. We talk ad nauseam about the terrible things going on in our country, sometimes (or a lot of times) forgetting about the good parts. Are we wrong to point out the failings of Nigeria? Of course not. But we should be careful about labels we give to countries or people. We might think we’re addressing the issue but in reality, we’re reinforcing stereotypes that only deepen the wounds. There are quite a number of Nigerian men that are liars, cheats, conmen, abusers, etc and stories shared on this forum buttress those labels. But there are also a number of men that are faithful ,loving, kind, thoughtful, and would NEVER EVER lay their hands on their lady. I know that a lot of women have been hurt or abused or taken for granted by a man at one point or the other, and it’s terrible. But I beg you not to use those experiences to justify generalizing the entire male population of a country. I’m not here to defend men or justify their actions. Men in general need to sit up and improve their attitudes toward women. I just take umbrage to the generalization thing. It doesn’t solve anything. Constantly telling a thief that he is a thief isn’t going to stop him from being a thief. Instead we need to attack the root causes of why some men feel the need to treat women the way they do. I believe that’s a better approach.

• maureen dow

December 22, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I am sure there are great Nigerian men, however I had a bad experience it wasn’t what I expected

• Mrs.oduaran

February 5, 2016 at 3:31 am

I’m a American woman married to a Nigerian man and I totally agree with your statement.

• Smb

July 21, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Nigerian Men must scare you, because they are smart, intelligent, hard working, and good looking. You Guys should just stop talking about what you don’t know. I have being in kenya for more than six times foreigners in Kenya are aware of the fact that many Kenyan Women are dubious and dangerous, expecially Nairobi Girls. This Ladys are so despirate so much that they can poison a man just because of $100.Then what are you talking about? When this Lady try to out smart a Nigeria Guy and they failed, they complained. Sorry to my good Kenyan ladys because it’s not all of them that are bad. That is why when you’re talking about Nigerian men you should not generalise. Have it at d back of your mind that Nigeria is the largest black nation on planet Earth. So what do you think, there are good bad and the ugly and that is how it is everywhere in the world.
      Please leave Nigerian men alone.

• Simone

November 7, 2015 at 8:15 am

Well they dont con West Indian women. None of them can con a Jamaican woman. My girlfriends and I get gifts, trips, money, fun and be on our way. Only for them to come crying to know what happen. Thinking that we will carry them to Jamaica, yeah ok. Please, Nigerian men are the least.

• Simone

November 7, 2015 at 8:35 am

Like I said Nigerian man can not con West Indian women. My friends and I get money, gifts, trips and fun, then go about our business. Only for them to come back crying to know what happen. Thinking that we will carry them to Jamaica. Yeah right! Why would we, when Jamaican men run things. So many Nigerian men try to act like Jamaicans in the US. Nigerian men are the least. But they are jenal to other women! Cho…

• icequeen

March 25, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Nigerian men are crooks,dont care what you say truth hurts

• JBV

August 4, 2016 at 2:45 am

Nigerians period are con people and rude, disgusting. Here in Cali they are neighbors. They let their kids tear up property and are very very loud and obnoxious. Their apartment has a smell and I NEVER hear them shower. Hanging laundry on trees, etc. No one in our building can stand to bother with them. Always got a chip on their shoulders. And yes I am African-American. It is a nightmare living next to them. Oh and let’s not forget the husband, who I have never seen go to a job, talks soo loudly and obnoxiously on his phone like he is such a bidniss (lol) man. Puleese. Wish they would return to Nigeria. Can’t stand their constant disruptions and lack of ANY type of class. Just idiots.

2. charles

July 14, 2015 at 9:41 am

good for long troth women in Kenya.

3. Fabulous B

July 14, 2015 at 9:41 am

She paints the pictures well. Eeya! Sorry my Kenyan sisters for falling prey to the wrong men. As she warns, take heed; though there are good Nigerian men. Don’t be desperate, so as not to fall prey(this goes we ladies all over the world). Keep been you & enjoy. Pray Live & love comes when you least expect 🙂

4. Ross

July 14, 2015 at 9:42 am

I’m so happy about this. First there was the #beingfemaleinnigeria and women opened society’s ass, speaking the truth about how callous our society is to women and now this. More and more people need to speak up.
    Maybe if we are told the ugly truth by insiders and foreigners our men might slowly realise they can’t continue this downward spiral of morals. Ahn ahn. It is just too much. Nigerian men have to sit up and man up. This bad behaviour in every facet of life needs to stop!!!

• proudly NAIJA!

July 14, 2015 at 9:48 pm

IN FACT, ALL NIGERIAN WOMEN TAKE HEED!

NAIJA MEN BEEN PUTTING NAIJA WOMEN THROUGH HELL SINCE 19KOKORO!!

ITS HIGH TIME THE WORLD COMES AROUND TO CASTIGATE THEM OOO, SO THEY KNOW ITS NOT FEMINISM.

NAIJA MEN ARE SEX ADDICTED, MONEY HUNGRY, EGOTISTICAL, MONKEYS!

I KNOW, I KNOW….NOT ALL OF THE THEM. BUT MOST OF THEM ARE!!!!!

AND BEFORE YALL SAY ALL MEN REGARDLESS OF NATIONALITY ARE, FORGET THAT SHIT!!!!

EVERY COUNTRY MEN/WOMEN HAVE A CERTAIN DOMINANT TRAIT, DEPENDING MOSTLY ON CULTURE/RELIGION.

NAIJA MEN, WHETHER YORUBA, HAUSA, IGBO OR EFFIK HAVE SIMILAR TRAITS.

Y’ALL WOMEN BETTER WISEN UP! ITS A CONSPIRACY BY MEN IN NAIJA!

5. Vivianne

July 14, 2015 at 9:50 am

I am from Zim living in SA. I dated one Nigerian man who was a horrible horrible individual, as if sent by the devil himself and yet I dated another Nigerian who was so sweet it was as if he was sugar in human form. I have also dated South African men, some of whom were on varying degrees of stupidity and being man-wh0r3s and Zim men that just made me cringe at my own choices.

It is only a bitter somebody who does not want to take responsibility for their bad choices who would paint an entire nation with the scarlett letter based off of the actions of one or two individuals. In the game of love you are only as successful as the choices you make. Surely if a man has all these red flags waving around when you meet him, when you can see that something in the milk aint clean then you should make better decisions and it has absolutely nothing to do with nationality. Why are there so many self help books written about the game of love? Because love, real love, is a hard thing to find, whatever country you reside in and whatever the nationality of your proposed partner may be. This article is next level ridiculous.

• Dami

July 14, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I agree. Good and bad men are in every group. However, SOME Nigerian men can be very callous especially when it comes to money/business. They stand out bcos they are notorious of loving you perfectly and killing slowly at the same time. They are con artists. They will prep your mind to give them what they want, once they have it, the monster in them comes in full effect. We need to talk about it, expose them. ever since we’ve been talking about 419 scammers, it’s not as high like before.

I know, there are good nigerian men out there but there’s high number of bad ones too and they prey on anybody. There’s this naija guy at my school, I mean he will toast every girl white, Asian, Latina, black on campus. He never came close to any of the few naija girls though. Not sure what his goal was but almost every girl was disgusted by him. They like to show off and be known by everyone.

• *curious*

July 14, 2015 at 11:00 pm

*applause** I appreciate your words Vivianne.

City Girl, how old are you? Just curious ni oo

• Will

November 1, 2016 at 8:25 pm

So true.
      The writer is being plain simplistic

6. Ibinabo

July 14, 2015 at 9:52 am

Na wa o… what has happened to Kenyan men that all the Kenyan women are going after Nigerian men?

• Giant of Africa

July 14, 2015 at 11:21 pm

I’m a Nigerian who dated a Zimbabwean girl in the States. I treated her well and did most of what should be expected in a relationship, things were NORMAL. The only thing was, I WASN’T into her as much as she’d like me to be. She really wanted the relationship, but I told her to move on, that I am can’t continue after almost one year, as it wasn’t working for me. This is normal in any relationship. People get together, when things aren’t going well for one party, people have to move on!. But Zim girl gets angry, turns around and said things like “I’ve heard about how Nigerian men are in relationships”. I was confused! Throughout the time we dated, everything was great, and now that I decided that I’m NOT interested anymore, you had to throw that shit on me? Wow!! That was a shocker, but understandable.

The moral of the story is, we are all humans, this idea of categorizing all people into ONE stereotype can be dangerous. Equally, we’ve all met people of every race and creed that have these types of relationship issues. It’s NOT peculiar to one group. But I can empathize with the writer, she probably got burnt a few times, so she became angry and jaded., but that’s NOT enough to castigate a whole group of people, Thank heavens that OPINIONS AREN’T FACTS, they are just OPINIONS, and this case, she is entitled to her OPINION, which NOT FACTUAL. Shikena!

• Oluchi

February 22, 2018 at 9:52 am

I no know ooo, ask them. Na bad belle dey worry them

7. Naomi

July 14, 2015 at 9:56 am

LMAO……Yoruba men especially

• igbo brothers representing

July 14, 2015 at 11:05 am

Naomi, i know you have never gone out of your village so you dont know nada.
      Did you see the kenyan girl mentioned container and business in her article?

In dubai, you see your fellow igbo brothers everywhere close to gold souk. A kenyan girl working with one travel agency advised us not to go out with our passports cos the igbo guys can snatch it and sell it. She herself was swindled by an igbo boyfriend.

Go to malaysia, indonesia, china, Austria, your brothers are there doing their container business wey no dey finish. All kinds of illegality with their female folk supporting them by spreading their legs to all kinds of living and non-living things for peanuts.

Die in your ignorance

• Miss Mo

July 14, 2015 at 12:42 pm

You have just shown your ignorance, because yourba or ibo you are nigerian no?
      So if you are a guy, the article is for you too

• cee

July 14, 2015 at 12:44 pm

@Igbo brothers….in ur shallow mind u hv come to the conclusion dat Naomi is Igbo or it just tickles u to speak ill of the igbos?? shame on u

• Joke

July 15, 2015 at 6:22 am

Those ones are mostly egotistical “liars for Africa” with family drama baggage up the wahzoo…#polygamytingz

8. Coins

July 14, 2015 at 9:56 am

Congratulations Bella Naija women… you have finally used social media to slander your country man to the whole world. You think by divesting other country ladies interest from your men, they will eventually settle with you? Lol . Men are the same all over the world, the differences are just little here and there. The Caucasian guys date and break up all the time, they cheat, they rob.. same for asians, and all the others… you dont read all this from their women o, but dead beat Naija babes be complaining about the men, fix your mess. You attract your kind, se fini!

Now to madam Kenyan author,,,,, In a zillion years to come, your men can never compare with a Naija guy. Not in this world, they will always be inferior to us,,,Writing 100 books cannot change that. Your women will always fall for good breed and quality guys.. and in Africa, thats Naija and Ghanian dudes. So… take anti choke and CHOKE on your foolishness!! Iranu and Abasha

• Californiabawlar

July 14, 2015 at 11:33 am

Denial is a mental disorder.

• Barbara

July 14, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Denial is not a mental disorder, it is a defence mechanism proposed by sigmud Freud.

• ceeyou

July 14, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Coins make a lot of noise…..and no substance just jiggly coins..

• Dolapo

July 14, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Eh ya. Oponu ayirada. Naija girls just schedule teleconference to let even our Kenya and Zimbabwe sisters know naija men are bad. Soro ni yen

• cryingneversolvedanything

July 14, 2015 at 9:35 pm

@coins
      you’re a goat

• msichana

August 5, 2015 at 11:23 am

Are you angry because she hit close to home?

9. BLIZZY

July 14, 2015 at 9:57 am

Mtcheww Look who is talking. I blame 9ja guys without taste [email protected] goes 4 kenyan WUGLY gals @ d 1st place. Wetin wan attract me 4 keyan gal body sef? Long leg, very black smelling pple, tiny like tooth pick, carved face etc… U gals (kenyans) should be happy [email protected] 9ja men even look @ u without throwing up ewww.

• missChyka

July 14, 2015 at 10:52 am

You obviously haven’t been to Kenya!
      toothpick u say? But with alotta hips n booty. lol
      + they’re a lot more comfortable in their skin than some naija babes which is cool

• Hiss

July 14, 2015 at 11:44 am

Which hips and booty??
      Mschewwww

• Jon

June 19, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Get me some Kenyan chic

• Hiss

July 14, 2015 at 11:42 am

Hahahahahahaha
      You’re so right!
      Very ugly gals with no morals

• Angry Nigerian

July 14, 2015 at 10:44 pm

@hiss it’s extremely rude and disrespectful of you to downgrade other women to make yourself appear superior

• msichana

August 5, 2015 at 11:32 am

No! you’re are inferior. Kenya has a lot of natural beauties. Tall, curvy, skin range from dark to vanilla. Please buy a ticket and travel outside your Village.

• Dolapo

July 14, 2015 at 1:56 pm

419 no dey get taste. Na money he dey find

• msichana

August 5, 2015 at 11:27 am

Are you sure about what you’re sayings. Well Naija men are all over Kenyan girls. Clearly they’re the opposite of your insinuation m

10. Amh

July 14, 2015 at 9:59 am

Beware of igbo men. Very simple. East west north and south. Igbo men with their penchant for foreign women . In order to swindle them.

• CONGLOMERATE

July 14, 2015 at 11:38 am

God bless you ooo… You need to see what this Ibo boys do to local women in Malaysia and China…

• Reverse

July 14, 2015 at 11:55 am

Beware of stupidity! Anyone who generalises a whole country, race or ethnic group is STUPID… and it is contagious! So Naomi, Igbo boys representing, Amh and the author can start a self help ‘stupidity anonymous ‘ group

11. Loud Girl

July 14, 2015 at 10:05 am

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wow Naija guys, your reputation really precedes you!

12. Low level of intelligence

July 14, 2015 at 10:05 am

Na so all you kenyan girls dense reach?
    Nigerian men playing on your intelligence shows how low your IQ is and how smart they are

Majority of them outside are there to make ends meet by crook
    From all your rant, i deduce you fall for them bcos of the riches and the money dey throw about

What a man/woman likes is what will kill him/her
    deal with it

13. chy

July 14, 2015 at 10:06 am

i dnt know what to say on this but i m gradually waiting on the “defenders of the universe” to defend this allegation leveled against our men by this kenyan ekwevi while i read comments.”eats popcorn*

14. dee

July 14, 2015 at 10:06 am

As much as I hate the image other countries have of us, I fault the writer saying all naija men are dubious.
    In fact, I’m just weak. #lemme sip tea and read the comments?

15. Omalicha Serwaa

July 14, 2015 at 10:07 am

Another broken heart lady….Wat is with we women nd generalization huh??? the fact dat a Nigerian man has hurt u doesn’t mean they re all d same. Men re men nd not becuz they originate from somewhere.

16. Ocean Beauty

July 14, 2015 at 10:08 am

In as much as I don’t like Nigerian men as lovers, did he put a gun to your head to collect your money? Park well jare. Instead of dating your “alika” kenyan men, you were looking for thick, stout and endowed things. Continue it is just the beginning.

17. Scared homosapien

July 14, 2015 at 10:11 am

Some nigerian men have been disgracing us since time immemorial. Everywhere they go, they’d be conning vulnerable women.
    Nna na wa o!

18. GOMORRAH

July 14, 2015 at 10:19 am

hahaha.. Repeat after me; “All
    Nigerian men are conmen”….that part got me in stitches.
    but hey..its none of our fault dat ur ladies fall for us,Rather it goes to show dat Nigerian men are romantic;sometin ur women crave for and if during the rlationship they decide to lend us some doe,then its not any of ur stupid bizness…aturu ojii

• Bella

July 14, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Na dis ur coment had me in stitches. kai, you are wicked! But dats the sad truth, nobody come carry gun for your head jo!

• Me

February 19, 2016 at 2:25 am

Doesn’t your dumb a** know what manipulation is? So he didn’t physically manipulate her but he emotionally manipulated her. And I hole someone does the same to you, you wouldn’t be so insensitive then

19. EllesarisEllendil

July 14, 2015 at 10:20 am

I used to think Kenyans were all butt-faced nomads with shaved hair, that sent their children to kill Lions as a rite of passage to adulthood. However I grew up, learnt some facts and learnt to generalize. Too bad not everybody does.

20. AB

July 14, 2015 at 10:23 am

If you decide to be unemotionally de-attached about this article ,you would agree that the writer is right!
    Yup you might want to feel and act all patriotic but the description in the write up is a well played out scenario that keeps recurring time and number…
    But of course,most people are not going to be ‘unemotionally de-attached’ so lets the ‘insults’ for the writer flow……………………..

21. missChyka

July 14, 2015 at 10:57 am

Majority of kenyans are of this opinion! Its sad but true that most of them that have dated naija men are victims. But our guys dey try sha especially my “Chinedus” @ containers with millions of goods. Lolz

22. Nuna

July 14, 2015 at 11:01 am

What are Nigerians doing in Kenya tho?? Of all places

• Dolapo

July 14, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Lmao. They desperate die. The day j went to Vietnam for work and I saw naija boys, I knew the thirst and desperation is real.

• msichana

August 5, 2015 at 11:35 am

Because Kenya is the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world retardm

• Christine

November 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Maybe get out of your village and you will know why your country men are in kenya

23. Fed the Hell Up

July 14, 2015 at 11:06 am

@ Amh….LOLS, so so true

24. omime

July 14, 2015 at 11:07 am

Both she nd her fellow Kenyan women r mad. Leave our Nigerian men for us nau and face d bush, yeye talk. Did he force u? No, so madam, teach ur woman values and morals not to jump on every Nigerian man dey see nd for d records, I’m married to my own Nigerian man. Goan marry ur Kenyan man. Sit here biko \_____/

• Dolapo

July 14, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Eh ya . Omo buruku o se Lu pa abi? Keep claiming mad men as your kin folk

• SkepticalSally

July 20, 2015 at 11:39 am

Calm down hun. Do you want a medal or something for being married to a Nigerian man? News flash – there are millions of other women married to Nigerian men and nobody gives a shit. And that includes the author of the sensationalist article herself lol. What got your knickers in a bunch? I can’t with these babes that run around claiming men that pretend they don’t exist lol. Men and women of all nationalities can can do some major damage in the game of love. Unlike you and the author of the original article I’m not going to generalize. You my dear (and not ALL Nigerian women) are clearly not the sharpest tool in the box.

25. lolo

July 14, 2015 at 11:15 am

Mumu girls. Look if you were brought up well and morally sound. You will not allow such to happen. Your parents have never asked you “so what were you looking at when he took your money” oh and you let your career stay at a stand still for boyfriend hien.

• neen

July 14, 2015 at 1:50 pm

gbam

26. Hahaha!

July 14, 2015 at 11:16 am

Lol same story everywhere you go! Then when people say Nigerians are bad news then you people cry. There is no atom of honesty in Nigerians. Even Nigerian women are gold diggers! They say that Nigerian men marry foreigners coz they deal with their men and are proud of it. Why won’t your men marry other women? That why Nigerian women get married @ 40. And what makes you think Nigerian women are attractive anyway? Clean off the make up you slap on your faces and you’ll see what I mean.

• The real D

July 14, 2015 at 12:03 pm

“Hell art no fury like a woman scorned” I cringe at becoming involved in such shallow conversation but after reading the comments on here. i have to say i was taking aback a by some Nigerian comments. Insulting the entire Kenyan population because of one woman’s write up. And yes i may expect some people of other nationalities to stand up because unfortunately many Nigerians both in and out of the country have made a bad name for us both male and female. Nevertheless, that does not make the comments of the author or your comments like hahaha right. It reeks of women that have been gullible and like one commenter mentioned that are still refusing to take responsibility for their actions/mistakes.

At the same time I have to caution my fellow Nigerians, this is like the case of BH or ISIS being muslims but not muslims being extremists. Until the good begins to out weigh the bad, narrow minded people like the author of this article and ha ha will continue to make comments like this and the truth is they do have experiences to back up their spill. So until we stop hailing that house of rep that was broke before he came into office and now he is the one driving Range rover and flying all over the world with his family, until he start teaching our children the advantage of honest, hard work and really until our citizens that make good impression out weigh the bad then we have no one but ourselves to blame for such shallow and ridiculous spill. There is an alarm increase in the love of money amongst my people that we are losing our sense of right or wrong in our big to get rich.

27. Ms.b

July 14, 2015 at 11:22 am

All of u disagreeing are not been truthful. Most nigerian men r so Danm fake liars, especially the ones in diaspora. Yvonne Nelson

28. Ene

July 14, 2015 at 11:34 am

I have Kenyan friends and honestly this is how they judge Nigerian men

29. Monisola

July 14, 2015 at 11:36 am

Why oh why?!!!! Will you allow a man swindle you?….am sorry to say but I blame the Kenyan women for this. A man who creates an illusion of wealth should have a place of his own without putting up with a friend. This has been happening for years now…nd some women will not just learn from other women mistakes…”shine your eyes” nd see through a man’s lies be it Nigerian, Ghanaian or west African. Stop being gullible Kenyan women!!!! This I am sure can’t happen in Nigeria, even if it does it will be 2 women out of 10 Nigerian women that will fall for this kinda “easy to see through” lies.

• Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Why are you defending the indefensible, lol? As a naija girl you already know their tricks that is why you are analyzing this issue like this. Foreign girls are just getting to know who the REAL NIGERIAN MEN are, with time they will learn how to use their sense and guide their hearts with padlock like Naija women, lol.

30. A Real Nigerian

July 14, 2015 at 11:47 am

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Well said. Wonderful piece!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!
    Nigerian men are, indeed, pigs. Disgusting, pathetic, cunning, evil piles of crap.
    But the ladies should also make an effort to stop being gullible and so much dominated by their immediate needs for affection and friendship.

31. southernbelle

July 14, 2015 at 11:53 am

Haha …..let us be honest she is 85 % right . here in london they have showed all these woman sha especially Kenya and Zim women. they target mostly the nurses and those with good jobs and have stable accomodation . my dear sistuh! you people should leave our men for us to avoid stories that touch because na we sabi their paroles. You lot love chasing nigerian men but wont take their bullshit yet wont let them be. they will cheat, beat you, have baby mama ontop your head you will still give them your car to drive. Anyway back to work for me.

32. TheMatrix

July 14, 2015 at 11:57 am

Interesting article, but majorly flawed. Once you say “all” to describe any group, it becomes illogical, because every single person on this planet is different. I have had a bad experience with a Kenyan girl. Really bad…but her cousin helped rebuild the faith. All African women are beautiful Goddesses….you can not single any country out and the same goes for African men. Remember if it seems too good to be true, then you’re probably being conned. Simple but effective. As for the comments, Oyibo overcame Africa with divide and conquer tactics….don’t do their job for them

33. Tunde BIbilari

July 14, 2015 at 12:50 pm

hey ‘city girl’, at first i was upset with your thoughts because am Nigerian, but then i feel i should rather express my views about it maybe, just maybe it might make some sense too. I have a saying which i believe so much, that there’s no muslim nor xtian, no nigerian or kenyan, no black nor white, there are only two kinds of people in this world- the good people and the bad people. In every group of 12, there is always a judas. Even if i agree that such is in my country, it also exist all over the world. But then let me ask, how can anyone be so gullible anyway?, it is not in our culture as africans that a woman provides for a man, so what were they thinking providing money for these men endlessly like you portray ?, i think its a pointer to stupidity and probably greed too, it has no logic in african ways. It is the pride of an african man that he takes care of his household and commands it. A man asking his wife or any woman for money has no pride, it is strange to us and a direct indicator that something is not right, so take note and dont start calling every man in my country a fraudster, not all of us are, I am not and i refused to be called one, i will rather die than trade my name for all the mountain of gold and silver in this world because in the end, its all not worth it, cheers!

• MC

July 14, 2015 at 3:52 pm

“A man asking his wife for money has no pride”….huh!?! Really!?!
      Thank f**k I wasn’t born, raised or lived in Nigeria….

• Me

February 19, 2016 at 2:59 am

I agree. How can you even ask a wan for mony when she isn’t your mother?

34. Nana1

July 14, 2015 at 12:56 pm

The best articles I have read on BN this 2015.
    Right on point

Yet NAIJAwomen will come here to brag Nigerian men are God for other African women that we all want them. I said it before and I repeat in Ghana where am from its a disgrace to bring home a nihgerian guy to marry. Yoi look down on us the feeling is very mutual. Only desperate poor girls from underprivileged backgrounds looking for a way out will date a Nigeria man even if their money is evidently 419 money. No decent ghananian girl from a decent home and well brought up will make such a mistake. All you insulted Yvonne Nelson need to apologize. The statement she made is a universal known fact

• Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Lolllllll, I can’t even get angry here. I like articles like this, because it reiterates what many naija women have been raising the alarm on over the years. Maybe the men will listen for once, after every woman begin to treat them like an abomination, lol.

• feoli

July 14, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Nana Na waa o even ghana Babes sef dey run down naija guys. Na who dem bi o, if na b4 na who dey near ghana women, plenty half cast no fathers. no bi der fault . Jus want to laugh loud. Even all der movie stars knw wey de make der money from. Ask. All those big brother africa house mates where dey come to hustle. I like how de writer described de Nigerian men good qualities except de conman part.

• onenigerianchic

July 14, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Nana1, biggest lie oooooo,you are the liar of the century. * mouth wide open* come and see ur ghanian girls crossing the border through lome and seme border, they can’t even afford a flight ticket. They are desperately crossing into Nigeria to look for Nigerian men. Pls pls if you are looking for conmen, there is a “ghana must go load of them in ya cantry*( with ghanian accent) I’m not sweeping off the writers point,but please you ghanians should take several seats!!!! I haven’t seen a Nigerian sister married to a ghanian man,but I see your girls everywhere in Nigeria hustling desperately. Please respect yourself and a fellow west african
      It’s the best article because it shames Nigerian men??? The real shame is on you,,keep waiting / looking for negative opinions about Nigeria and Nigerians, while we still progress amidst our challenges. Ntoo

• Me

February 19, 2016 at 3:09 am

Have you been to Ghana? I have met Ghanaian guys with Nigerian girls. And I also know someone, Nigerian who wanted to marry a Gganain girl but her parents didn’t agree cos he is Nigerian

• BLIZZY

July 14, 2015 at 8:34 pm

@ Nana. Pls b4 u raise shoulder 4 here about ghana gals, among every other african ladies na ghana gals cheap pass. With only 1 tin of GEISHA dem go rush u tire. There own kind of BLACKNESS na horror movie ewwww… #ProudlyNigerian

• Me

February 19, 2016 at 2:52 am

What’s wrong with their blackness? Why are Nigerians so ignorant. The same ugly you call Ghanain girls is the same type of ugly Jamaicans, Kenyans and other groups call Nigerian girls

• BLIZZY

July 14, 2015 at 9:04 pm

@ Nana. Why bragging about Ghanaian ladies when we all know the gospel truth and fact? Give a Ghanaian lady just a Tin of GEISHA and dats all. Among all African ladies the Ghanaians are the CHEAPEST! I stand 2 be corrected. Go to bars dem full dia jaburata like sand cos dey love drinking beer to a stupor. 4 Adultery na champions dem be too. Imagine a country where a child bears his/her maiden name as surname chai! If I finish u dem no go buy u 1kobo sef. Ghana gals kor togo gals ni mtchewww…

• Dija

July 15, 2015 at 8:22 am

Nana I am directing this to you. I didn’t want to comment on this but what you have just spilled here is rubbish. I live in Ghana and I can tell u that the reason why your women run after Nigerian men is because they care for them better. An average Ghanaian man is lazy and depends on his woman’s income to sustain the house, they cheat, lie and batter their women. I have lived in Nigeria too and I have also seen how they treat their women. Some Nigerian men are con men that I agree, they look for every means to make money that I also agree. However if i were to compare an average Nigerian man to an average Ghanaian man and the way they treat their women, I would give the Nigerian man an 8 and the Ghanaian man a 4 and this is based on treatment I see “CHRISTIAN” men meet out on their spouses. You want people to apologize to Yvonne Nelson? Why? What stopped her from dating a Ghanaian? what made her go in for another Nigerian after the first bad experience? Like someone commented earlier, we as women, humans should learn to accept responsibility for our wrong choices and not blame anyone, only then can we avoid to make such mistakes again.

35. Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, Nigerian men you see your life? When Nigerian women talk about this, una go dey vex. Again the Nigerian men we are raising, hmmmmm. When foreigners tell you their stories about their contact with Nigerian men, you will weep! There is something wrong in how these men are brought up. It’s time to change strategy. It’s pathetic an outsider is attacking Nigerian men and I can’t even defend them, because I would be dishonest to myself, lol. You guys should change. Because the society is not favorable to single women, which makes silly Nigerian women act like desperados for marriage, does not mean Naija women like what they see in you.

36. VeryAngryNigerian

July 14, 2015 at 1:36 pm

hehehehehe…where are the Nigerian Hotchocolatas who thinks everyone wants them? Delusional mofos, perception is reality to these folks. Just because girls agree to date you , don’t mean you are the shit, heck some girls will date anyone to avoid loneliness, all these Mr Ibu looking men forming Brad Pitt …… You see them all around, sweating, gloating and breathing down African Americans, Ethiopians , Kenyans saying Nigerian women ain’t this or that….but I can’t stop hearing from these girls how loud , smelly and aggressive Nigerian men are, me I just laugh in private sha….:D…Na God catch una sha, when good Nigerian women put up with ur asses, y’ll begin to think y’ll are mini sango’s with Chris hemsworth looks. Even the ones married to other West Africans, you see them at every Nigerian party eyes roving like person wey just enter craze, dem go dey beg for number forming they want friendship, LOL…..ur foreign wife don dey show u wen?…….they amaze me, they will jump the line to load plate with Nigerian food at parties, una go see paper plate don cave in with overloading. When una don chop rice wey dem mix inside ewedu and stew, palava sauce or wetin dem dey call am?(shout out to my Liberians) una go crave correct Nigerian food. Cheers to the good Nigerian men out there….. for the stupid ones, y’ll stay stupid,……..buhahahahahaha….

37. Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 1:45 pm

About the money throwing, my sisters let me tell you now, it is a means to an end o. In the Nigerian context, it’s not really about swindling Nigerian woman off their money because they know most cannot fall for that nonsense, so they use that money tactic to get sex from women. The economy is tight here and our social culture as you have noticed live for impressing the public that you are rich and better than the other person, so girls will take the money. As soon as sex is given, you will start seeing his true colors, lol. I always advice any decent naija girl to stop taking their boyfriends or dates money, it is for your own good for real. When you don’t collect, he cannot use anything against you, you have made him weak by a mile, you can see clearly and notice all his character flaws which are more than likely numerous beyond redemption. To be honest I am still trying to figure out how our parents trained our boys. What went wrong?

38. neen

July 14, 2015 at 1:48 pm

but this is the same as italian and french men, in the european context, but nigerian men take the cake. opportunists to the max!

39. Dolapo

July 14, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Naija men breaking the internet since the day of John the Baptist . With the baba tees and dayo olarinde today , we know eniyan ti tan were lo ku

40. Chief

July 14, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Eyaaaaaa!! Sorry!! Writer,we are taking and snatching your sisters unlike your lazy drunkard brothers.The person that wrote this article obviously an angry Kenya man is angry,envious and bitter about Nigerian men success,we all know why Other African men hate us..the more the hate,the more successful we………..,,… BN I know that you won’t waste time to published this rubbish article,enough of all your social engineering against Nigerian men……Anyway,Nigeria men don’t give a damn!!!

• Nahum

July 14, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Chief I am sorry but Nigerian men do need to give a damn. If so many people are saying the same thing, then don’t you think it is time for Nigerian men to tell themselves the truth? The bad behavior needs to stop. The constant cheating, the abuse, the 419… You men have to try to be better human beings. A beg try, it is really not that hard if you put your mind to it. I tell you o, very soon, no woman in the world will marry you o. Una go find wife tire

41. ola

July 14, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Hahaha! Nigerian men, what have you done?

42. Chief

July 14, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Rubbish write up written by an angry Kenya man,your write up lacks objectivity and fairness.

43. Engoz

July 14, 2015 at 2:32 pm

The elephant in the room though is that it’s mostly the bottom of our barrel that travel to these African countries. If the Nigerian you meet in your African country is not a tourist, it’s more likely he is trying to make a living and does not control as much money as he portrays. Girls you better be wise.

44. Paloma

July 14, 2015 at 2:36 pm

The funniest part of the article is this >>>> When you see a Nigerian man, run the other way. Don’t stop to invoke the name of Jesus or pray. Just take cover. LMAO wetin we go do?

45. nwanyi na aga aga

July 14, 2015 at 2:59 pm

And I thought of a long winding oyibo to use and defend my dear naija brothers but my throat is dry….hahahahahahahaha. Where are all the naija men that said that women from other nationalities are rushing them? hehehehe afia akukwa nu(market don close o)

46. Seren

July 14, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I don’t like Nigerian men and will never date one. There is nothing genuine about Nigerians. Nigerians live a life of pretence everything about you guys is pretence. You guys even lie to yourselves that you all that. Lol

• Nuna

July 14, 2015 at 9:27 pm

But they dont want you naa. Why are you dying on top of dia matter??

47. bigbang

July 14, 2015 at 3:40 pm

After all is said and done, they will still follow Nigerian men. No body can deny their yarning power, they may not be as handsome but they have a pulling power that is irresistible as evident by the number of women that have fallen prey to their charms.

The thing tire me sef despite all the warning, girls are still falling. As I am typing this one Kenyan girl
    Somewhere is taking off her pant for naija boy.

48. Susie

July 14, 2015 at 4:01 pm

new trending hashtag #NaijaMenCanLieForAfrica
    🙂 🙂 🙂

Sooooo True

49. MC

July 14, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Boiiiii I could have advised most of this years ago.

50. Just another girl

July 14, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Kenyan girl you have just described Congolese men here too! Mehn those ones take the cake they will even waash your panties I kid you not have a few friends who have fell prey to them.

51. Chief

July 14, 2015 at 9:30 pm

@nahum,na today we begin see Hausa with long bow(no disrespect to my Hausa peeps)we can never ever loose our sleep over this write up.I have so many of them from different countries as side chicks. @ serena we don’t give a f**k about a fish in the ocean,You can date dem malams from other countries and you @ mc,I tell you what(Ecclesiastes 10.19)bye!!!

52. Garfunkel

July 14, 2015 at 10:13 pm

53. Angry Nigerian

July 14, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Looking through some of the comments and i’m extremely disappointed. How can you call another woman ugly? it’s not right. IT’S 2015! time for women to uplift one another other and not see ourselves as competitors.

Someone would always be prettier than you and smarter than you but that doesn’t mean you have to bring them down to make yourself feel better. Everyone’s different. Be you own person and be happy.

54. nnenne

July 15, 2015 at 12:36 am

Kenya woman, please leave Nigerian men alone. Face Kenyan men, abegi!!!!!!

55. reetah

July 15, 2015 at 1:51 am

Nigerian men can lie not just for Africa but for the world, the devil no even fit lie reach them for lying competition o. Even the ones in diaspora have it in their DNA. Take the Jidenna bros for example, he didn’t know when he vomited that long tall tale of importing AK 47s and bringing in commandoes to bury his father! The guy couldn’t help himself, he just had to yarn lie with a straight face… Dude could have fooled me, in fact he believed his lie so well that me ma sef started questioning myself. They need to be stopped y’all.

Only Naija women can deal with them cos we know their tricks (we still dey fall mugu o but they cannot chop our money like they chop the Kenyan babes own). My mum drummed it into my ears as a youngling ‘don’t give man your money ooo, if you ever do make sure you collect it times 2’ and me I listened sharply.

I’m happy other nationalities are calling them out for their lies and deceit so they won’t say it’s just us Nigerian women. Seriously though, Nigerian men you guys should question and audit yourselves and CHANGE!

• Smb

July 16, 2015 at 12:04 am

You no well if you mean all Nigeria men are the same, there millions of good Nigerian guys everywhere in the world why can’t a man write a stupid and disgusting article like this , it’s only you stupid hungry and desperate girls that allways see men mistake, why is that you women always think you’re perfect? Must you die in a relationship that is not working? Do you think you can force a man to love you? If your relationship is not working then let everyone go on a separate way, it’s happening everywhere in the world most of Kenyan ladys are just after money and there so rude and get angry over nothing, then you want a man to saty with you with all this rubbish attitude, even kenya men are complaining a lot about Kenyan women, and also Kenyan women complain a lot about there Kenyan men, now you came on the net complain about Nigerian men? cheek your self. And you that is saying all Nigerian men are lier, I want you to understand that there are good bad and ugly in every country in the world shot up if don’t know what to say, we are Africans and shit happen verywhee not only about Nigerian men

• msichana

August 5, 2015 at 11:25 am

Eish you must be kenyan to know what you said. The article is on point now. ……

56. Reetah

July 15, 2015 at 2:02 am

lying for Nigerian men a national sport. Even when there’s no need to lie they will just lie. E.g. ‘
    Me: Babes where are you, you called me an hour ago that you 10mins away from my house, where are you?

Him: sorry na, bae I’m in one yeye traffic on third mainland bridge I’m a few minutes away

Meanwhile dude still dey bed o, to even make his lie believable he will go near an open window so you think he’s outside.

Jidenna, patron saint of lying Nigerian men!

57. Joan

July 15, 2015 at 7:36 am

True nigerian men r everything bad!!!

58. katerina billyonis

July 15, 2015 at 8:53 am

first of all the comments are killing me. I am Kenyan and I don’t agree with generalization of an entire country community or tribe. There are good and bad men in every race . I have worked in a multi- national company which employed people of all nationalities and I met three Nigerians there one lady and two male very hardworking straightforward people. I have since moved back to Kenya but we still keep in touch and to be honest they were good people. Also there are many West Africans posing as Nigerians which I feel is unfair to Nigerians

59. dude

July 15, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Those Nigerian men are the riffraffs but they do that to y’all cos they dont rate you. Simply cos you fell for it hook, line & sinker from the start. You think they will try that rubbish with Naija women?

60. Nada

July 15, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Fools everywhere. The beginning of generalization is the beginning of foolishness

61. Yemie

July 16, 2015 at 1:06 am

Nigerian men scared us Nigerian women!!(speaking for myself and my friends and friend’s friends) they will lie, dupe you,cheat you and disappear.
    Been the like of Kored Balogun, a fraudulent thief in Gtbank that can lie for the whole world to have his way and Fisayo Ishola(Adc) that has wife but stil go around fuc*ing anything in skirts even lies and cheating on his wife with his baby mama.
    I hope the young guys in coming up will do Nigeria proud cow this stigma is spreading to diasporas.

62. Pretty girl

July 16, 2015 at 3:03 am

My dear Kenya women all men are the same the one that wants to love u will the one that just wants to use u will and not all my nigerian brothers are not like that. There are some of the same nigeria men that still do the same thing to urs their nigerian women . God will give u ur own man just have to keep praying.

63. Victim

July 16, 2015 at 10:01 am

Y’all should go and HANG
    If Nigerian men choose to be that way, leave them alone and face your work
    Uche onise

64. Mimi

July 17, 2015 at 2:32 am

My friend was married to Nigerian man for 10 years he wanted a child they have son together unfortunately the child was born with mental and physical disability instead of him helping to raise the child he left for Nigeria the child is now 6yrs old and he has only seen his son 5 times if that much. He also stole all the money from there bank account and stole her I’d and run up her credit. We were told by one of his friend that he’s back in country and he’s wanted the police is picture was all over the news for fraud. He had the whole family fooled . Ladies be careful if there too sweet and too kind there’s a problem. especially Nigerian & Jamaican men there the worsted they’ll rob you blind!!!!!!!

65. Justus

August 5, 2015 at 8:25 am

hello

66. Faye

August 25, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Hello, I’m a black american woman married to a Nigerian man and I just could’t leave without commenting. Its seems like a lot of woman are stereotyping nigerian men to make them all to be conmen and i don’t believe that they all are. My husband and I have been together 2 yrs & married 1yr. Let me tell you he’s is the most hard working, kindhearted man I have ever met. He works 15hrs a day just to make sure our family is taken care of and I don’t want for anything. We don’t see eye to eye at all times and we do argue like most couples do at times but then we kiss and make up. He shows me his love by coming home every night, cleaning up when I’m too tired, asking me about my day, eating my food while moaning and always saying thank you……Sometimes its the little things that really matter. Anywho kinda getting off subject but there are some good ones out there just be observent and don’t rush into anything.

67. maggie

August 29, 2015 at 7:27 pm

When you see a Nigerian man pls run as fast as your legs can carry you. They scam yu mercilessly . So heartless. The only thing he can give is call u “baby “.

68. maggie

August 29, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Experience is the best teacher. When yu see a Nigerian man , pls run away from.that scammer. Don’t wait . I say run.

69. Fufu

August 31, 2015 at 10:51 am

Whooa! This is a hard one to swallow! I am dating one now and I am more confused than I have ever been before by this post. I feel Im gonna end up saying ‘shame on me’. Oh yes, even though I am vigilang but I am also naive when it comes to Nigerian men. So far he is so sweet that he would not even begini to eat a meal without me. He waits; no matter how far I may be. He calls me ‘baby’ and yes ‘my queen’. Already I feel like I can move mountains for this man. Could I be deceived ooooo??????

• Samantha victory

October 27, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I was there,love,sweethear ,tbabes and so on.the rag was pull out under me..i was wondering if there were signs i was blinded to see..?

• gbenga

November 11, 2015 at 12:10 am

You are not deceived, he’s a right man. Naturally, Nigerian men are caring.

• Christine

November 12, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Oh baby girl, he is fattening you up.

• Tammy

May 6, 2016 at 10:38 am

Yes, trust me. You might be fooled. I’m in SA, and have experienced three Nigerian men so far. All of them sought me out. Two from a product I was selling. We became friends, but some time down the line, conversations of how I could help them get legal ID documents without them paying so much to Home Affairs agents came up. One pretended to be interested in me and presented a fake tender documented from USA. I saw right through him.He wanted to know how much I had saved up, and if my friends could loan him money to finance the Tender, We hadn’t even met!

You may be excited about the initial attentiveness and lovingness they give. It’s all to get your guard down. No one should be in a relationship where you have to keep looking over your shoulder.

70. maliya

September 3, 2015 at 5:16 pm

most worse african man is cameroonian big liar devil selfish

71. Lil k

September 4, 2015 at 11:41 am

I am a Kenyan men and our women hate on us the same way.You just have to open radio stations and the Internet. They call us unromantic and boring and most go crazy over any foreigner especially a white man and also Naija man.On behalf of Kenyan men I welcome Nigerian men to take them away, neither do we want them

72. Crystal

September 6, 2015 at 5:31 pm

There are some Nigerian men in certain areas of Nigeria you have to really watch out. They are all nice in the beginning but later on they dont help you with bringing up the children and you will feel like a single parent mother, They cannot save money and they do constant quarreling as opposed to small talk conversation. This particular man does not want you to progress and there is no teamwork in the family. Often this type of man just floats around his family and does not get involved in bringing up the children like reading stories, dressing them up, helping them with their homework. This man likes to insult his wife in front of friends, brothers, sisters etc to boost his already low self esteem. I will let you work out where this type of man is based in nigeria.

73. kelvin

September 19, 2015 at 12:16 am

all Nigeria men are conmen ….who asked you to try them all

74. Power

October 15, 2015 at 12:17 am

Interesting comments in here i can’t read without dropping mine,hehehe…..I’m addressing this to you the Kenya writer. You no nothing about Nigerian men, you were dupe by your lover then u came out here writing bullshit about Naija men, who was there when the incident happened between you and your lover? Well maybe you were trying to play smart but he was smarter than you. Naija men are the most loving and caring men in Africa, come on let’s bring it to the table, am proud to be a Nigerian, we are hard working, intelligent, smart, handsome, we are the black American in Africa, we are too much. I was working on the street in Kenya around 4:pm in the evening close to Ambassador hotel, on my way crossing to the other side of the road not knowing the guy that working beside me is a thief, he cut my gold chain on my neck and ran away with it. Another incident, they was a guy who came from Australia to visit his friend in Nairobi,they attack him on the street and collected his phones daytime…What do you have to say about that writer? In Nigeria no one can attack you daytime is not done. Nigeria is 180 million population we are the black population in the world. Come on tell your neighbor stop heavy, if you can not beat them you join them that’s just the fact.. 36 States two hundred and something languages. Do you want to tell me every one in Kenya are good? Is everywhere, good, bad and the ugly. Go and seat your ass writer you gat no news.

75. Samantha victory

October 27, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Its sad,not everyone would have the same experiences.therefore i most say i was taken for a rideof love and i am the one talk,lead me to spend my savings on a guy who had no intention to spend his life with my…to much signs .yet i wanteded to believe that he was capable of love..i realize i am in a different country and have no idea how to get back my moneyi have life with this. Never trust a next Nigerian ..run……

76. Shelia Anderson

November 28, 2015 at 3:35 am

Thank you for your post I am a American women and everything you said was true it happen to me but I gave him a taste of his on medicine I pretended I was sending him the money to him everything seemed so real in till there was no money to pick up Be careful women they are very slick.

77. soni

November 29, 2015 at 12:13 pm

funny nigerians calling ppo ugly hahaha you damn fat idiots

78. John Pierre

December 14, 2015 at 8:40 am

Good.

79. jenny

December 16, 2015 at 11:12 am

why are we all insulting our selves.. its not right. when you see articles like that its best to just read the content and leave.. not to comment by laying causes all around

80. Eva

December 23, 2015 at 2:30 am

It makes me sad to read thiss bc i just met a Nigerian man who i really like, on the internet. We never met as I live i Europe and he in Nigeria. My friends tell me im crazy to even talk with him but i think everybody deserves a fair chance. I just cant judge all bc of actions of some…

81. Ve

January 13, 2016 at 11:30 am

This has not only been an interesting thread, but quite refreshing to say the least. I am an American… and a person of the sun. In the US, many call themselves Black. Kinda striping away ones’ culture because Black is a color, it’s not a nationality, In the US people are basically distinguishable by Black or White. No surprise the US remains segregated for the most part.

That being said, it’s my preference to distinguish the two according to biology. Those who must hide from the sun; and those who can bath in the sun.

What’s so very strange to hear on this thread is this talk about inter-marriage, when one would think that all marriages will always be inter-marriage if only into another family. Meanwhile back in America the pressure is on to marry inter-species, lol At the same time species; bi-racial people are being manufactured. Funny, how the government has created an entirely new ethnicity like Asians, Latino, Islanders, Black, White… and now, mixed or bi-racial. Indeed, it’s as absurd as it sounds. 🙂

Saying this to make a point that when we elevate ourselves not so others can see us, but so we can see the world… it will be at that point we will not allow others to distort the facts on the ground…. with the slicing and dicing of one people to inject create division as they do so well.

It’s a scientific fact, that there are the African and non-African species. This illusion of many African species is purely cultural, not biological, not scientific, A Black American if raised in Africa would be culturally and African… but they would still be consider Black back in the US. Please be careful of the trickery on paper, for if you do not define who you are, other will define you according to what they want you to be.

The trickery being played-out has much to do with the threat in great numbers… Blacks are few in the US, so instead of using culture to define a group of people; a color is used. Meanwhile in Africa where the numbers are huge… to keep the Blacks from seeing themselves as one, it’s a deliberate strategy to use culture as a tool to slice and dice what actually is one unit and the largest, most powerful unit on the planet, if aligned together.

Culture is not a science like biology, people adapt and change even blend many cultures into their lives ove- time. It’s this idea that Africans are many is yet another external manipulation to further slice and dice the Motherland, reducing it to fragmented separatist groups. If there is ever a way to conquer a continent, this would be it. What is being done to give an illusion that these tiny European countries are many, when in reality they are few; with many names and growing as they continue to chip away countries, using culture as the tool. .

82. Ve

January 14, 2016 at 5:25 am

Scientifically speaking, there are only Africans…. and non-Africans…. everything else is cultural. So it does not matter where you are from, or how great or bad you are. Just don’t be confuse about what is clearly Black and White. Just saying…

83. Eldra

February 9, 2016 at 10:36 am

I have struggled to go through the entire thread. 140 comments…from last year! Well, the writer made a generalisation of who Nigerian men are. Just yesterday, we were at the home of a Chinese married to a Nigerian to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The venue was packed with foreign women, known here as Nigerwives, from over 80 countries. Some of the women have stayed in Nigeria for over 50 years. There are young couples too! There were Kenyans amongst us. You will agree with me that not all Nigerian men are bad, otherwise these women won’t be here for this long. Just look properly. There is a nice Nigerian man out there.

84. Rachel

February 15, 2016 at 11:27 am

Wow! Lol this lady really did let rip!!
    1stly who is anybody to judge a whole nation of people just bcos of what 1 man has done to them? Seriously there are conmen , good and bad people in every race and nationality. The conmen/women are merely lame people who cant get of there own arse and work shit out for themself instead they prey on others who are easily suckered. The truth is the ones being suckered need to grow a backbone and be more wise to NOT allow someone to come and ruin their life. If he hit or raped you would you put up with that? I don’t think so but you can allow someone to talk shit and take all your money. So many stereotypes. One thing I can say is I know many Nigerian men and the one thing I see is what brilliant Fathers they are,they provide, they don’t abandon there children like alot of other nationalities (won’t mention names “won’t stereotype”). .. My partner maybe a lazy arse at times, but swindle me? Never he wouldnt get shit of me even if he tried. He provides for our daughter and my other 2 children (whos father does absolutely nothing for them) and loves them all unconditionaly.
    So please b4 you burn and stake an entire population know that there is good and bad in all of us.

85. eve

February 18, 2016 at 9:49 am

I am Kenyan and i have had male Nigerian friends who treated me like a queen, so i am surprised at the con man thing.. They even footed all my bills and imparted lots of good stuff in me

86. jbco

March 21, 2016 at 1:40 pm

This is my story. He debunked every negative story about Nigerian men. Was so sweet and romantic. Up until his true colors showed less than a year into our relationship. Although i must say, the red flags were always there. He just loved money too much and easily swindled people for their money, never thought he would do it to me. It’s been over a year and only now can I say that I have picked up the pieces of my life. And yes, my career almost took a huge blow, suffered financially too. but I’d rather suffer now and recover than later and for a long time. However, I strongly believe that not all Nigerian men are the same. I still have Nigerian friends who are sweethearts. I just wished i never ignored the signs. He almost ruined my life and every day I pray to God to let the bitterness go.

• Monique

August 26, 2016 at 3:47 am

Same here

87. ng

March 27, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Huh so many Nigerian men have caught aids from kenyan women

88. MissX

April 12, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Nigerian men are scam artists; they’re lecherous, domineering and openly cheat on their women. That is a FACT. They appear sweet at first, but underneath lies a sinister exterior. They also try it on with every woman they meet. You can bury your head in the sand, but it’s a FACT. Stay away sisters!

89. Marien

April 16, 2016 at 9:43 am

Personal much! Wow so much hate and noise by mature adults who would be married and have kids tomorrow(assuming some havnt already, which even makes it more depressing). The writer and other women supporting her make me wonder what kinda advice they would give their daughters concerning men in general. Common sense should let anyone know that a bad experience from one person of a particular nationality or ethnic group shouldn’t be a base for generalization. Whats the even sad is that its coming from another African, a writer for that matter, someone who’s supposed to have a brain that functions properly and is supposed to know better. Everyone has had their bad share of relationship issues(some with other nationalities and ethnic groups) but not all of them paint it on the map of Africa or the world or worse on the internet. There’s a saying that whatever u deserve u get. So don’t just wake up one morning, remember the bad things done to u by a man and decide to spit it all out on the internet. Grow up and think like an educated adult. Everyone has problems, shit happens, deal with it.

90. Paul Promise

July 12, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I love my country nigeria.

91. Monique

August 26, 2016 at 3:15 am

I was w/a Nigerian man 4 over 3 yrs. Wen he got wat he wantd he dumpd me n 3 mos. I hope Karma comes n hits him hard. Their names r associated w/some kind of meaning of God. I no He is n Heaven sHh. I hear they dnt let thieves n thy Kingdom.

• Monique

August 26, 2016 at 3:24 am

( CHUKWUMA )

92. Afrika

September 13, 2016 at 11:43 pm

I am presently residing in the US. I received an invitation from a Nigerian via Whatsapp. Within the first week he began to talk about marriage. He showed me pictures of his mother and children, said he was a widower (this could be true). While speaking to him on what’s app he made an error to call me by a different name. He was speaking to numerous females and couldn’t keep up. He stated that he is. God fearing man looking for true love. The followings are is MO:
    Referred to me has his quee
    Said he loved me so much every second
    Stated that he has a flexible heart to love
    “Kisses to you my queen in all the places” �
    Showed me pictures of his application for a visa to the US
    Very proud that he is the secretary/ treasurer of his community group.
    His initials are Femi (first name) L (middle initial) and Ade ( first three letters of his last name)
    Please ladies take heed so you won’t be a victim.

93. Abubit

September 21, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Having known many Nigerian men, I would only suspect the good ones either have already been taken, remain in Nigeria or are in very remote parts of the world out of civilisation’s reach! I’ve never had a good experience with one. Either they are desperate to stay in the country, so become creepy, predatory and clingy leeches from day one of meeting you (claiming they’re in love or want to jump into bed, wanting you to have ‘their’ children with you [funny how they never consider that these hypothetical children also belong to the woman!], etc.), or they’re simply arrogant, chauvinistic, misogynistic and become rude and abusive if you dare to not agree with them or be impressed with their boastfulness. A majority of them are emotionally immature, fabricators and inept to boot. It’s not just Nigerian men, though; I’ve found similar with Ghanaians, Ivorians and others from mainly that Western area of Africa.

These days, if I meet a West African, I distance myself in a flash. I’ve rarely had issues with non-West Africans.

94. Kwadi Diana

January 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm

From my experience I have been conned by a Nigerian man

I ended up birthing a child from him… unfortunately he decided to call the insurance company and cancel the insurance which I had to find a doctor that would see me for the next six months of my pregnancy which proved very difficult
    And just to think when we were married I would send $2,500 to his mother every year to help her pay her rent I would help him to pay his sister’s car note every other month I would help with his other sisters rent every few months myself money here money there.
    So as long as I was throwing out money I was the apple of his eye but when I decided to make him man up…. he grew very aggressive and saw the opinions of Outsiders I didn’t even know… Outsiders meaning other women.
    He moved back to Texas and from that point on he has been trying to figure out how to send me very little money to raise his daughter
    I was very fortunate to meet someone
    Who took care of my daughter like their own

She is now 13 years old and an upcoming golf pro
    Her father seems to want all the poodle points in the benefits of getting the attention of being that father the african golf player… he grew very angry when the newspaper’s took in our comments and story and edited and published in the papers everything about her stepfather who taught her the game of golf who invested his money to her lessons ..her outfits ,her balls ,her practice, and very expensive golf equipment.
    They did not consider the information about her birth father from Africa who invested very little at the last minute in order to make sure that he can receive his name in the papers and the magazines that she was placed in.
    He grew very angry and did not even want a copy of the paper
    Not caring that that is his daughter that is upcoming golf pro he didn’t care about any of that only thing he can think about is he was not mentioned.

But tonight I had enough after he denied my daughter help to get into a celebrity tournament.
    All I can think about are the car notes that I paid for his sister and him years later after having his child telling me when I needed my car fixed instead of helping me he tell me just send me the child.

Today he married a Caucasian woman who is now in charge of all his money and his decision-making for his daughter the Last Straw I picked when she decided that my daughter did not need any financial help from her father to play in a celebrity golf tournament, that was Private not publicized where my daughter was only invited but not sponsored because she is amateur.

The two to $400 that he sends every month for child support is no match to him financially caring for his Caucasians wife daughter, any home that he purchased taking trip to Europe paying for the three of them.
    Name brand clothing and shoes riding around in Mercedes Benz and BMW’s.

Yet he throws pennies toward his daughter and wants a shrine to be placed in her room to remind her who to worship??????????

I couldn’t resist it I had to let that one out
    But tonight I let him have it I let him have it good I cc’d his father and his two sisters that I once supported financially.
    They are the biggest enablers of this young man ever maturing…
    So African women you want the men to mature and you hold them to certain standards and quit making excuses for their mistakes that they purposely make.
    My daughter will grow up and receive a scholarship and she will go on to play the game of golf that she so loved even without her father’s help God has blessed her with a great stepfather who puts his money where his mouth is and his heart toward a child that trust in him

95. OPEN LETTER TO THE AUTHOR

January 25, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Dear “Kenyan Author”, hope my message reaches you in good health.
    With your supposed wealth of experience as the impression from your biography, a racial and hate article like yours displays total mediocrity and a deep sense of immense in-exposure. I understand your plight though, when you are obsessed with something you can’t have, the highest level of criticism becomes the only available tool for consolation, However, it becomes rather mean, embarrassing and a disgrace to your learned colleagues when a highly regarded profession as yours turns the only available avenue for display of desperation.
    You can do better than this. And lastly, accord honor to whom honor is due, respect what’s better and more than you, by so doing you shall be rewarded,
    Thank you and kind regards.

96. Tunde.

March 19, 2017 at 12:18 am

The Hunger in Keyan no be small…… Tell me what Money do they have ? I have been There to work you need to see how they run over us…come see cry when I was leaving one of their lady like mi die, I spent on her okay, what some of your men wouldn’t do I did for her. motherfucker writer note you MOST of us actually go to this so called Keyan to spend our hard earned money to help boost your Economy…..If you or your family had one point in time been a victim does not give you the right to stereotype ALL Nigerian Men..

97. Nikki

July 16, 2017 at 1:54 am

I hope more women find access and protective themselves from these men. I was conned and left heart broken. I met someone that I thought I had the most intense connection with I’ve ever had in my life. Yet, he would always bail and lie to me about everything but I felt so emotionally attached I couldnt remove myself from the situation. Long story short, hes walking away with citizenship, the job of his dreams, and the woman of is dreams who happens to not be me. I pray that one day the USCIS starts giving warning to women . Maybe bullet points of clear signs that you are just a tool that he will one day no longer need.

Youngs girls reading this, remember that his entire family and friends are always in on the scam and will make you feel like youre a part of the family. Dont trust any of them. EVER.

98. Britt

January 29, 2018 at 9:03 am

Hey, I must say Im a nice female. Sometimes gullible. I too did not want to believe the stereotype but these men prey on woman to take advantage and manipulate. They are scammers and con artists. I met a guy he seem very nice and trustworthy and explain to me that all Nigerian men aren’t bad people and that he was good one. He couldn’t contain his comprosure for long. I ask many many questions. I trust my instincts. I wasnt going along with his plan very much so he tried to manipulate me and play on my emotions but I saw through it. I saw how easily he flipped on me. So I start withdrawing. Now he is blocked all via contact methods. I know some woman aren’t so lucky and fell for their lies. Ladies please dont become victims, It may be some few good ones but thats very rare. They are raised to be con artists. The scamming is in their system.

• willow

January 31, 2018 at 4:46 pm

I am in love with a Nigerian romance fraud, came to know what he does for living way too late in relationship. 6 months was heaven then he took of his mask and God the cruelty of that man is beyond words. Attempted suicide 4 times by now, I lost everything. One time I was at his home crying because I didn’t have enough money he came to where I was sitting with a cigarette and drink in another hand. Then he said get on Facebook start looking for men and he will get me a new phone number to talk to those men for money. I am post graduate with a good job, come from good family and culture. I don’t even use Facebook, It took me a minute to realize that he was pimping me out. No word came out of my mouth.

I am still hoping not that he would change, but somehow he will end my life. He made sure I lost everything in my life with no recovery.

I agree with you Britt. Scamming is in their system. It’s a profession of feeding on people’s mind that they have mastered.

99. Delly Darl

February 26, 2018 at 7:37 pm

A few years after this article was written it su-ks. The writer was not objective and factual, but went on in her hasty generalisation to dub all Nigerian men ” con men”. What an insult! The article represents falsehood, it’s subjective, dirty, filthy, a piece of crap, and the most idiotic piece i’ ve ever read. The writer writes as if her readers are infants or people who have no intelligence, she forgets that her audience are made up of the middle and upper crust people from different nations who are educated and exposed and have the capacity to quickly digest information, and make their own analysis and judgements on what they have read. How could a writer denigrate men from a particular nation in that manner? Your assessment was infantile, based on a cock and bull story, it lacked background, depth, proper analysis/ assessment, it was not evidential, not based on any findings, or statistical data, or known facts; it was biased, infantile, immature, jaundiced,and irresponsible in all its entirety. You need to apologize to the men from this noble nation!