Scoop

Osas Ighodaro Ajibade, Macy Gray, Teyonah Parris, Brian White & More Star in ‘Where Children Play’ | Watch Trailer

Nia 1Osas Ighodaro Ajibade stars in Hollywood movie ‘Where Children Play’ alongside Macy Gray, Teyonah Parris, Brian White and more.

Plot: Where Children Play tells the story of Bell (Parris), a young girl that flees her Compton, California home to the serene lands of Savannah, Georgia. 10 years down the line, her mother passes and she has to return to Compton where she is forced to stay and nurse her sick father. A task which proves daunting as the house becomes flooded with memories of the abuse they endured at the hands of the very man she must now nurse.

Capture Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.10.39 PM WCP MG TP

The movie was directed by BAFTA/LA Winner Leila Djansi.

The movie also stars Leon Robinson, Edwina Findley and Miranda Bailey.

Watch the trailer below.

1. ZamZam

July 21, 2015 at 7:56 pm

thot I saw my fave actress Nse Ikpe, teyonah parris looks like here in dis movie tho. Osas I now hollywod with this move h, Tonto dikeh, ebube nwagbo, & co can no more call her a “failed returnee”. cos u kno people think all the returnees are failures from their previous locations.

2. imose

July 21, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Way to go girl [email protected] Ighodaro…. Look forward to seeing you feature in more Hollywood films????

3. Beht why

July 21, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Looking forward to this ?

4. Tunmi

July 21, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Leila Djansi is baeeeee

5. Kerry

July 21, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Ok

6. Oluwaseun

July 21, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Congrats Osas. I know, you’ll go places bcos you are talented and hard working. I see you, Mrs Ajibade. See how my Yoruba brothers are snatchingup all these Igbo and Benin girls anyhow. I’m waiting for linda ikeji to announce her Yoruba husband. No doubt, yoruba men are the best. I see more Igbo men snatching up Yoruba girls too. One of my friends will be getting married soon to an Igbo man. Bella naija, be on a lookout bcos that wedding will be popping. I don’t blame them, we are beautiful, simple/humble and good character people. No group is as open and welcoming as us. The best part, we don’t shout about it or throw it in your face. Keep shinning my Yoruba people.

• vikky

July 22, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I am yoruba, but your comment as to this story is unnecessary.

• Oluwaseun

July 23, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I could care less if you are Yoruba. That’s why you should have skipped it. Is it by force to read it? When Igbos do it, there’s hundreds of likes but no when Yorubas do it, it’s a crime.

• Sunshine

July 22, 2015 at 12:34 pm

What exactly is the point of this esaay? I hope others can see this so that when other tribes start praising their own, no one calls them tribalistic.

7. anon

July 21, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Don’t blink or you’ll miss her

8. Elizabeth

July 21, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I usually love Leila Djansi’s movies, however this abusive storyline is used too often in African American movies (Tyler Perry is the main culprit). It is tiring.

• LAgurl

July 22, 2015 at 6:53 pm

The fact that domestic violence stories are told does not mean no more should be told. “getting a man” stories are told often too and more will be told. These stories reflect what is going on. Domestic abuse is rampant in the African American community and such stories must be continually told to rescue who are victims.

9. Tosin

July 22, 2015 at 5:11 am

Major Drama

10. Girlbeingreal

July 22, 2015 at 9:52 am

@oluwaseun

11. K

July 22, 2015 at 10:07 am

This is deep. Tyler Perry always addresses this domestic abuse. Lord heal all the broken hearted.

12. kokie

July 22, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Good job. I’ll look out for it and watch