Scoop

She’s Back! Fashion It Girl Lupita Nyong’o at Paris Fashion Week

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Lupita-Nyong'o-Paris-Fashion-Week-July-2015-BellaNaija0001Paris Fashion Week is in full swing and apart from the amazing showcases from Chanel, Dior, Versace and more designers so far, it is always an opportunity to see some stars step out in style.

Last year Lupita Nyong’o and Rihanna dominated the shows with their chic looks and it looks like Lupita is back for a winning streak.

A few days ago she made her first appearance for PFW at the Dior Couture fashion show.

Click here if you missed it.

Yesterday she attended the Lancome 80th anniversary party and today she made another appearance at the Maison Margiela presentation.

The Hollywood actress looked demure in a form-fitting black sheer panel dress with capped sleeves and a sheer crocheted panel over her cleavage. The below-the-knee dress also had a slight flare at the hem.

Lupita-Nyong'o-Paris-Fashion-Week-July-2015-BellaNaija0003 Lupita-Nyong'o-Paris-Fashion-Week-July-2015-BellaNaija0005

She kept things understated as far as her accessories went, choosing a pair of black and silver platform heels and a Maison Margiela flap over black clutch with a simple purple colour block strip.

Gorgeous!

Lupita-Nyong'o-Paris-Fashion-Week-July-2015-BellaNaija0004

What do you think of her look?

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Pierre Suu

1. Spirit

July 8, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Her dress is on point as usual however, I’m not sure about her parted hair. Lupita’s hair stylists sometimes don’t seem to know how to handle her hair.

2. Spirit

July 8, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Also for all those who will pose the question that appears over and over again; her upcoming acting projects include: Star Wars, Queen of Katwe and Americanah.

3. Naijababeii

July 8, 2015 at 4:13 pm

oji maranma

4. LAE

July 8, 2015 at 4:26 pm

she wld ve looked better with another colour, not black

5. Ashley

July 8, 2015 at 4:27 pm

The colour black does nothing for her. I like her shiny dark face. a shiny face hardly looks good but she manages it well here.

6. polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 5:19 pm

QUEEN Lupita!!!! walk in, slay em dead and drag their skulls to the morgue hunty!!!! yasssssssssssssssssssss!!!! come thru hunnnnay and let these gurls know who the real Queen is!!!

I see that Basic becky in the back gagging!!!! yasss, make them White fish eat ur regal beauty! The chest area is not the biz tho….that sheer cut requires some boobage cos that cleavage aint doing non for me.

#QueenOfIttyBitty #QueenOfAllBlackEverthing #QUeenOfAfricanEnergy #QueenOFchargingForDinnerparties #QueenOfBest&WorstFashionLists

• bn lover

July 9, 2015 at 12:26 am

Polypoly u can hail people for africa…….

• Sugar

July 9, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Poly or what are you called? You write like someone who has skoin skoin in the head. you need a brain check

• krasavitsa

July 9, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Lmaoo! It’s hard to believe that u can type such very intelligent comments and then turn around and type this really funny, somewhat crazy comments. Like whenever I see ur comments I want to be irritated but I end up laffing really hard. Girl, you are bipolar but not the manic-depressive kind. Pls don’t stop.

7. ochokwu

July 8, 2015 at 5:32 pm

How I wish a Nigerian makeup artist would mesmerise her face……very bland makeup. Sighs

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 7:42 pm

naija woman ehn…tufia!! so till you Lupita looks like an arochukwu masquerade is when u will like her makeup?? puhleease, sit down gworl!!!

her make up is cool, she is was probably going for an all black/ nude face look. let her be biko. Black is beautiful and we don’t need to rock makeup like whihte women biko. Know ur skin tone and wat makes u feel beautiful!!!!

8. Truth

July 8, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Dear Lupita, I Love you and I want you to know that I’m so proud of you and all you’ve achieved in such a short time. However, I think you need to be reminded that you’re now a public figure and it’s just wrong for you to keep coming out looking like you weren’t prepared.
    1)You need a Hairstylist that’s very creative to add life and colour to your seemingly boring hairstyles
    2)You need a pro makeup artist who’s very good at handling women of colour of all skin tones(I’ve never been impressed with any of your makeovers)
    3)And your nails? Let me not go there today….
    Overall, black doesn’t flatter your skin tone, Any good stylist should know this.

Ps;This Look was a flop for me#Ok bye

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 7:53 pm

I am not my hair!!!! ughhh, you weave queens kill me. till a bl;ack woman looks like a white woman, yall wont rest. geez, its her own hair and not the plastic mess yall call weave.

leave her hair alone!!!

9. Ijeoma

July 8, 2015 at 6:06 pm

She’s not ATTRACTIVE, period. Not trying to be mean but just stating the obvious, The media are trying soo hard to push the dark skin agenda. Plus that black dress on black, hideous

• EllesarisEllendil

July 8, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder e.t.c. Her and attractive Halle Berry both have one Oscar…………….So………………..

I personally don’t find her my cup of tea attractiveness wise, but reducing her achievements to a “media agenda” is wrong. The woman clearly lets has some talent let us judge her on that and leave this debate of her attractiveness alone.

I won’t even go into the whole how Women are their own worst enemies truth here,

10. bruno FIERCE

July 8, 2015 at 6:19 pm

lupita go and act and stop this ur running around.

look at ur 12 years a slave co star chiwetel, he is in a new movie with nicole kidman and Julia Roberts.

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 7:43 pm

as expected, you were gonna say this…..please worry about where ur next meal will come from and stay outta her resume. she didn’t complain about lacking jobs hun. enjoy ur hot sweaty nite while u await NEPA to bring light!

• Abs

July 8, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Madam abi na Oga Olugbeja, can people not give their opinion? Keep monitoring people’s comments o

11. Marlvina

July 8, 2015 at 6:27 pm

All I see is Black! She’s a beauty, the dress is nice but this appearance is all too dull.

12. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

July 8, 2015 at 6:28 pm

BEAUTIFUL. WELL PUT TOGETHER.

13. K

July 8, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Why are you worrying about her hair?????? As you can clearly see she has natural 4c short hair. And at that stage there isn’t much to do with it. She doesn’t want to put in braids or anything. Can you let her be?

14. Timmy Tim

July 8, 2015 at 9:01 pm

She s gaining weight which might not be too good for her career in Hollywood!

• 'liya

July 8, 2015 at 11:30 pm

you are a part of whats wrong with the world!!!

15. Truth

July 8, 2015 at 9:13 pm

@PolyPoly, Why you Mad???

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 10:11 pm

gurrllllll whet?? mad about gini?? cmon sharrap and vanish…..I am team natural beauty and that’s what Lupita wants. why must she add extensions and colorful makeup to look pretty????

• Abs

July 8, 2015 at 10:23 pm

The tin taya me o.

16. Duchess Maria

July 8, 2015 at 9:38 pm

I swear I’m always here for Polypoly’s comments. LMAO

17. BlueEyed

July 8, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Ms Lupita is an A-lister (from one movie) a feat so many Tyler Perry actors cannot achieve (I mean even taraji just entered B-list even after her Oscar nom), secondly what you don’t realize that she is putting in work and getting coints by attending this shows (being a fashion girl herself). She looks amazing btw.

P.S before y’al come for me for my taraji comment if Empire gets nominated for an Emmy or her character gets nominated for an Emmy (and/or wins) she will be an A-lister.

18. Caligula

July 8, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Let’s not embellish. She had her okay looking days but here, she looks below average &. matronly. I get fuckn tired of people that over compliment. Abeg let it rest, Lupita Nyongo is as basic as you can get

19. nunulicious

July 9, 2015 at 12:16 am

i love it! she is almost always on point in all these public appearances. £aso-ebi on my mind

20. Latifa

July 9, 2015 at 6:42 am

She is not a fashion icon so i am not surprised #stylistalert

21. Kemigisa

July 9, 2015 at 6:46 am

@Truth wake up lupita is so much on point……..do hate!!!!

22. Kemigisa

July 9, 2015 at 6:47 am

how did u even see her nails???

23. chichi

July 9, 2015 at 9:44 am

worwor.

24. www.alexandermccathy.com

July 9, 2015 at 10:34 am

Black and beautiful….incredibly stylish too…

25. her

July 9, 2015 at 1:35 pm

First of all,lupita is beautiful.how many of us can rock a bare shiny face and ur natural hair and still look this good.this woman isnt afraid to experiment and that dress suit her just fine.I dont think she needs boobs cos that ll make it provocative and the attention ll be on the boobs not the dress.all dose of you commending the socalled Nigeria makeup artist dat pack serious amount of foundation and hideous looking eyebrow.makeup isnt basic one fine art project biko……Lupita is fineeeee damn.