Scoop

Ariyike Akinbobola asks ‘Do Women Really Support Other Women?’ in her Latest Vlog

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Ariyike Akinbobola for The Celebrity Shoot - BellaNaija - April2015003Media personality Ariyike Akinbobola is out with her vlog for the week.

On today’s episode, she talks about women being able to support each other positively.

She shares a story about a woman who mailed her and says ”women do not support other women”. She told Ariyike how her female boss has refused to promote her at work simply because she’s a woman.

Ariyike adds ‘In this social media age where we regularly see hash tags of #womensupportingwomen, let’s be honest with ourselves, Do many women support other women?’

Watch the episode below.

1. http://www.dakkylove.com/

August 11, 2015 at 5:33 pm

It’s really sad that we are still spinning this narrative at this age and time, do women support other women …well i know some who do, and i know some who don’t, some women attack other women simply because they have inferior self esteem and they are attack dogs, those women would attack a male too given half a chance, they just get scared that men will not stand for their nonsense.
    Women need to band together not attack each other, we need someone else to pull us up the ladder .

2. Miss Pee

August 11, 2015 at 5:45 pm

No women don’t, from a personal experience. I’m into creativity and I can say it and also shout it, it’s women that will spoil it b4 it stands. I’m even in onebusiness women group like that and the way they only relate to themselves as a cliche abi it’s one lady who does fashion accessories in lagos that has won several grants for her business who includes how to teach her interns the way to get grants and does not do any of it, even to train you after you paid is an issue? On the other hand the male folks are not even intimidated by me, they tell me the prerequisites in business.

3. tee A

August 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm

….If you ask me, na who I go ask?………

4. Sycamore scars

August 11, 2015 at 7:19 pm

@Miss pee! You are a honest birdie. I won’t post a note on this. We know the truth! Should we emulate men’s lifestyle of being supportive on this one? You know what should be done. This topic rang in my head last week! It had me going through circles and here we have it… Jealousy, Hate. The pettiest of things gets through to a lot of ’em females. Well, The good people are still where they are. Supporting anyone shouldn’t be based on their gender whatsoever. Individuality! That’s it.

5. Olu

August 11, 2015 at 7:28 pm

In most cases …..

Which gender laughs at a lady behind her back for still being single, trying to conceive and getting dumped?

Which gender does not have a problem with being a second wife?

Which gender treats their house girl worse than a slave?

Yea…

6. Uju

August 11, 2015 at 9:26 pm

7. justsaying

August 12, 2015 at 7:06 am

A resounding YESSSS!
    Most women who think women dont, are the ones that dont. I know this from psychology 101 and from personal experience, what we say is a reflection of who we are.
    As an entrepreneur, i have never worked for a man, i was lucky to start off working for women. Yes they get emotional, irritated easily and very difficult to understand. But when you climb through all of that, they can resonate with you on a personal and most times kind level.
    A woman who wouldnt help, is same to both women and men and sometimes children too…lol.

Women need to get over themselves, and face things as they really are. Men use topics like this to distract us from the real issues, they are intimidated of what force we will become if we ever decide to work together.
    Lets think, HOW not WHY. Certainly we have our issues, but unless you’re my husbands side chic, i hold no grudge. Women are the best assistants to women, comrades in life, mothers to budding entrepreneurs.
    I say women rock. Change your perspective and you’ll see a different side of them.
    If she seems difficult, ask how can i go around this, not why is she acting like this!

8. ...just saying

August 12, 2015 at 7:15 am

Ariyike, has your friend thought of the fact that she’s not been promoted because she’s not good at her job?

9. Jubemi

August 12, 2015 at 10:26 am

In my experience I have met a lot of women who have inspired and supported me. On the other hand a lot of women have a mindset that women are jealous of each other and that makes them paranoid so that when a female does something to them it is immediately translated as ‘women beefing women’. Ladies this is not always the case. You just may not have gotten that promotion because you haven’t proved yourself yet…..
    I have been accused of being nasty to a lady before which came as a shocker to me. The said person wasn’t doing her job properly and so I corrected her same way I would correct a guy but of course….. everyone thought it was “ladies beef”! It’s not always beef. So next time a lady is nasty to you search yourself first and be sure it’s not you imagining things.