Events

Mai Atafo Hosts a Private Viewing of Tonye’s ‘Ari Belema’ | Di’Ja, Wana Sambo,Muna Abii & More Attend

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kaylah Oniwo & Tonye

Kaylah Oniwo & Tonye

Singer Tonye and Mai Atafo held a private viewing for Tonye’s new music video ‘Ari Belema’ over the weekend at the Mai Atafo Inspired studio.

Hosted by Tonye and Mai, guests were given the opportunity to be the very first set of people to watch the ‘Ari Belema’ wedding-inspired music video.

The event was attended by Sharon Ojong, Wana Sambo, Ngozi Zed-eye, Moses Ebite, Di’ja, Kaylah Oniwo, Victor Kwen, Ezinne Chinkata, Chigul, Muna Abii, Joro Olumofin, Anuel Mobede, Abbyke Domina, Ariyike Akinbobola, Chinyere Adogu and many more.

See fab photos below.

Muna Abii & Anuel Modebe

Muna Abii & Anuel Modebe

Muna Abii

Muna Abii

Ariyike Akinbobola

Ariyike Akinbobola

IMG_7321 IMG_7308 IMG_7419 IMG_7453 IMG_7472 IMG_7353 IMG_7413 IMG_7467 IMG_7471 IMG_7475

All the Fun Inside

IMG_7341 IMG_7352 IMG_7350 IMG_7338 IMG_7355 IMG_7370 IMG_7393 IMG_7394 IMG_7379 IMG_7390 IMG_7391 IMG_7402 IMG_7403 IMG_7405 IMG_7411 IMG_7415 IMG_7423 IMG_7427 IMG_7428 IMG_7436 IMG_7455 IMG_7458 IMG_7460 IMG_7463 IMG_7484 IMG_7507 IMG_7508 IMG_7516 IMG_7520 IMG_7509 IMG_7504 IMG_7454

…More Fun Shots

IMG_7534 IMG_7544 IMG_7548 IMG_7559 IMG_7564 IMG_7565 IMG_7585 IMG_7587 IMG_7522 IMG_7560 IMG_7529 IMG_7528 IMG_7540 IMG_7556 IMG_7557 IMG_7555 IMG_7525 IMG_7527 IMG_7531 IMG_7580

Photo Credit: Ebenezer Dada for Insigna Media

1. aikay

August 25, 2015 at 11:13 am

MUNA!!!!!!MUNA!!!!!MUNA!!!!!!!! you are gradually fading oh, style and fashion makes a celebrity not just beauty oh because this ur outfit no gel at all. A softer saree material would slay this look better than your mum’s george. Pls I want my diva Muna back biko. Most of the guest look beautiful and Dija please it’s high time u ditch the tom boy look and pursue the sultry and sexy look just like your first lady Tiwa savvy sexy savage. As for tonye I bow for ur style sense. You took a fashion risk and it turned out perfect. Got my eye on u now.

• Anon

August 25, 2015 at 11:36 am

I like Di’ja’s look. Sultry and sexy aren’t for everyone, given that people have different body types.

• Damilola

August 25, 2015 at 3:37 pm

I have serious crush on tonye girl. Her face is gorgeous, her hairstyle to her dazzling smile is top notch. She’s refreshing. Where can i download her music?

• Ibiye

August 26, 2015 at 5:46 pm

She has her music on iTunes, and her website is iamtonye.com

• Simi

August 27, 2015 at 7:47 pm

You are so right. Her smile is everything!!!!! And… ‘her black is so beautiful’. It shines!

• Arrrrrg

August 25, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Muna can not be 27. That’s a joke

2. Missappleberry

August 25, 2015 at 11:31 am

Gosh! Whats the Tonye girl wearing??? Eyesore! Love her cake though

• Tamunonengiofori

August 25, 2015 at 2:10 pm

It’s called an Etibo, but made into a bubu kinda dress just as they’ve turned agbada into something ladies now wear. It’s fashion and really looks good on her.

3. uchenna garrick

August 25, 2015 at 11:33 am

Thank you Bellanaija for covering this very important event in Tonye’s life.

4. CatwalkWithPAT

August 25, 2015 at 11:42 am

Looks like this jumpsuit finds it way to every events these days

• benny

August 25, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Same thing I said when I saw it… this jumpsuit againnnn?
      Oya BN do a “who wore it better” let us officially put it to rest

• new mum

August 25, 2015 at 3:29 pm

As in ehn!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where it’s from? Let me too go and buy and knack to the next red carpet event lol!!!

5. Dee lamz

August 25, 2015 at 11:48 am

Mai meets South South Trad inspired…. loves it ..x

6. uju

August 25, 2015 at 11:58 am

Braids braids braids,braids are lovely and more African than all them western Brazilian hair,ladies we should do more of this yes? yes. Tonye you look good but i don’t understand the reason for the particular event.

7. xplorenollywood.com

August 25, 2015 at 12:46 pm

@Uju, you took the words out of my mouth. I thought at the end of all these pictures; both arrival and inside we will have a chance to see the video. Also, Tonye what did you really take out from these sessions asides posting pictures for us to see? I hope your friends share their thoughts on the video and what can be done better or what platform to place the video to get maximum coverage or this is not the kind of event you share these ideas? Ah well!

• Que

August 25, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Important point raised about the take out from this event..

8. bn lover

August 25, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Some people will say i’m hating…but sincerely,i’m not….i love Don jazzy and d mavin dynasty…but pls is Dija sick?? Cause i’m not understanding her looks at all….!

9. letty

August 25, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I like this Tonye her cropped hair is so cute. Loving the outfit too.

10. Avosiya

August 25, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I just love this Tonye’s sense of style. Criminal is my favorite song. I want that video!!! Although I am excited to see her in AriBelema. She just seems so sweet and Genuine!!

11. nene

August 25, 2015 at 1:49 pm

kaylah oniwo’s face..kai. she looks aged. muna is still pretty but she was really stunning when she won. she also needs to step up her style game. tonye is a gorgeous nubian princess, so pretty and i love her hair.

12. paloma

August 25, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Must Tonye cross he legs in every shot?

13. Similicious

August 25, 2015 at 2:05 pm

tonye is absolutely gorgeous.. She/her style reminds of Arianne from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. I feel bad that i haven’t heard any of her music.. Her PR should go beyond her physical presence and bring forth her creative presence.

14. kozibacouture

August 25, 2015 at 2:57 pm

So proud of my cousin well done Tonye????

15. benny

August 25, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Please can someone tell me how to get Tonye’s hair?
    Iv seen straw curls and this is not straw curls.
    what style is on her head?

16. foodies

August 25, 2015 at 2:59 pm

You can hardly see any guy with small chops and a plate
    on the other hand, you see them girls with food as if they are hungry and never eaten b4 in their life. anything osho free, they are there.

longer throat

• jide

August 26, 2015 at 1:54 am

Waist cincher markets’ juju don catch naija women ni

17. Anon

August 25, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Please can someone tell me what sharon ojong does?? No tea, No shade but apart from being one of dbanj’s kokolettes on that show years ago, what does she do and why is she a ‘celebrity’… Answers welcome please

18. Mimi May

August 25, 2015 at 7:14 pm

For once, Mai Atafo is in trad wear n he looks so good!
    Wow! Me I don’t understand Chigul with her chock in every wear even this one? Nawa o, una go talk say na fashion risk as Tonye’s own. OK ooooo.

19. Tosin

August 25, 2015 at 7:45 pm

can’t we wash fim without red carpet pose-pose again? Bella, I will fight you o.

20. Arrrrrg

August 25, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Munachi don old finish o! What really happened? Or has her real age caught up with her…a lot of questions..little answers. Tonye is breathtakingly beautiful!!!!!! Her skin!!!!! Her colourin . My god!!!!

21. The Buttery Hotness

August 26, 2015 at 12:14 am

Tonye is so pretty…from her hair to her teeth to her smile, to her ‘black beauty’… I just can’t. Is it just me or do she and Mai Atafo make a cute couple?
    Di’ja is just a fine geh. No het.
    For a second, I thought it was Muna’s event. Haha.
    Finally, Enyi Omeruah, hello 😉

• Ibiye

August 26, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Loll.,, I was thinking the same thing about Mai & Tonye

22. jide

August 26, 2015 at 1:56 am

Munachi looking madam de madam. Genetics na bastard sha. Some people just age horribly noni

23. fleur

August 26, 2015 at 2:20 am

What again was the point of this viewing? I am not sure I understand.

24. martha

August 26, 2015 at 4:45 am

I love TONYE. My new favorite female artist

25. Me thinks

August 26, 2015 at 11:19 am

For those asking for the video, Its a private viewing session which means it would be available for public viewing when ready. And what better way to showcase mai Atafo’s designs if not with pictures. For Dija’s look- sexy is been confident in your own style. So she is doing her.
    Overall- 8/10. Decor + Audience + food + Ambience

26. Chigurl

August 26, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Is Mai married?I love Tonye style from head to toes,way to go girl

27. Corinne's Husband

August 28, 2015 at 10:06 am

SLAYYYYYYY CORINNE SLAYYYYYY

28. Keleshi

August 30, 2015 at 4:08 pm

The girl with the afro and the turtle neck Croptop is very stylish ! Who is she shah ?