Scoop

See Full List of 2015 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominees | OC Ukeje, Hilda Dokubo, Ini Edo & More

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

OC Ukeje

OC Ukeje

The full 2015 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) nominees list has been revealed. Movies from around Africa and the diaspora will slug it out in 28 different categories.

Kunle Afolayan‘s October 1 got 8 nominations including Best Director and Best Film while A Place in the StarsLove or Something Like ThatInvasion 1897 and Iyore all picked up nominations.

30 Days in Atlanta was nominated in the Best Comedy Film category.

The awards ceremony will take place in South Africa in September 2015.

Efere Ozako AMAA 2015 Award For Best Short Film

Ousmane Sembene AMAA 2015 Award For Best Film In An African Language

Timbuktu – Mauritania
Triangle Going To America – Ethiopia
Cheetanah – Nigeria
Juliet And Romeo- Burkina Faso
Inumber Number – South Africa

Michael Anyiam Osigwe AMAA 2015 Award For Best Film By An African Living Abroad:

Gone Too Far – Nigeria/Uk

Timbuktu – Mauritania
Inumber Number – South Africa
Triangle Going To America – Ethiopia
October 1- Nigeria

1. sauna

August 21, 2015 at 1:06 pm

30 days in Atlanta was nominated for best comedy?
    Irony of a decade

• Endowed

August 22, 2015 at 1:39 am

I agree with you, it was a funny movie and that was that. Nothing excellent that deserve all the noms it’s getting

• Blessedheart

August 22, 2015 at 7:02 pm

I didn’t even find it funny

2. bruno

August 21, 2015 at 1:11 pm

yawning………

nigerian award shows are not suppose to be taken seriously at all. nollywood is a huge joke.
    haven’t seen any of these movies and I dont plan to, cause I know they will be trash.

oc okeje is probably the biggest fame whore of this generation. he is over rated as hell. same thing goes for that tribalistic piece of sh!t kunle afolayan.

horrible.

• Damola

August 22, 2015 at 11:05 am

U r so full of hate and need drastic help!

• Uru

August 23, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Oh you haven’t seen any of the movies? You shouldn’t be giving opinions about things you know nothing of. Some of you will always hate Nollywood and praise Hollywood because you can never see anything good in your people. Nollywood is evolving and films are getting better by the day. Sit there and be yarning dust!
      And oh, OC has a lot of fans. You are just one person! Put yourself out there and achieve all he has before you start running your mouth.

3. Missy J

August 21, 2015 at 4:04 pm

How about ‘The Meeting’???

• frank teacher

August 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

If it wins another award, i’ll probably shoot someone. good movie, CHECK!, but COMMON! with all the movies we keep pushing out yearly, no wan beat am? mehn!

erm… much ado about O.C Ukeje, i really need to sit down and watch these movies, so I can talk well

• Endowed

August 22, 2015 at 1:37 am

It’s old but still a good movie

4. Andrew

August 21, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Wow! The AMAAs is beginning to look really Pan-African. I want to watch that ‘Run’ movie. I can’t wait to make some real money and travel around Africa. Na only Ghana/Naija person dey stay always.
    People please support my biz and make my dream come true. I sell self defence pepper sprays in wholesale and retail but I can’t put my Kaymu link here as I no get money to advertise for Bella. Please just search for ‘Chartey’ on Nairaland and check my topics for the one advertising pepper sprays and follow the Kaymu link. Cheapest prices in Nigeria. Na just small profit I dey find.

5. Mimi

August 22, 2015 at 1:24 am

OC Okojie is the most OVERrated Actor ever in NOllywood. I am a avid nollywood movie watcher and I swear he has not imporessed me yet with any of his movie. BUt i guess he is Nigerias denzel..

Seriously?? Seriously i am so bored seeing his face

6. Mimi

August 22, 2015 at 1:24 am

Trust AMAA to be nominating 3 and 4 yr old movies. Cos there is nothing to fill the void. What a shame. What a joke.

7. Endowed

August 22, 2015 at 1:41 am

Loving the list, please BN make some corrections to TIMBUKTU because honestly I’m confused if this movie was really made in Mauritania or Mauritius. Thanks.

8. Tosin

August 22, 2015 at 5:11 am

Now I’ve seen Timbuktu and October 1, both worthy films.
    October 1 may not grip you at first, but hang in there a few more minutes and you’ll get the reward. I particularly like the trueness of the shots – trees, homes, costumes, earthiness – so you really feel like it’s another time, even the accents, the deliberateness aka ATTENTION TO DETAIL. The national anthem, the true characters, the love story, I came away thinking “Well Done!” and I’ma do my best to kick your ass, bro. While I sort of wasn’t in love with the ending (would have been happy with an arthouse film with an unsettled end), I understand that most watchers (by far) crave resolution in a story (to me as a writer, it’s never that simple, and I don’t want to sermonize, oversimplify, but people want to know what happened in the end. what happened? sometimes we just have to wait to find out, no?)

A twitter egbon recommended Timbuktu, not to mention all the foreign media, so I watched it and: I love the desert; the shots, the slowness of everything, the many languages, I love the story and the conflicts it portrays,
    more importantly for ‘film’ as a discipline is that I love the way it portrays these;
    the best actress nomination is totally deserved,
    and

I hope to watch more of these films. Is there a film festival? Or I should wait for Alaba to issue a 10-in-1?

• K

August 23, 2015 at 12:54 am

Hey sis, I am so with you on Timbuktu, watched it last week in Spain. “please everybody see Timbuktu and see what human beings do to make life hard for other human beings and themselves.” No music, no football… such a beautifully shot movie, and the few times they spoke English or had an office setting, it felt so wrong, so incongruous with the beautiful naturalness of everything else. Love you!

9. jabzz

August 24, 2015 at 3:43 pm

30 days in Atlanta is way overated…i dont even find it funny at all plus AY Makun is not even a comedian to me just some lucky guy making money in comedy…

10. omowumi Abosede

September 2, 2015 at 6:20 am

does it mean dat our Yoruba movie stars are nt ‘best’@ alllll ,haba dis nt fair nt ooo even AMVCA doesn’t recognize dem tooo

11. aikay

September 2, 2015 at 8:39 am

It is obvious dt Osita Ukeje will win afterall nah im pics una tk announce the list for here. No beefing at all I fink u guys are over hyping dt guy cos I av watched all his award winning movies and I do not see anything spectacular. He has became AMVCA golden child now una done dey push am for AMAA again, hmmmm nah wah. Nah only him sabi ACT???????? The wayo done dey dey too obvious dt is the reason our awards can never grow up to the level of the OSCARS. Anyway nah him luck sha, I love his humble personality though but I am just pointing out the obvious….

12. Iquo Essien

September 26, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Hi there, my film is Aissa’s Story, not Aisha’s Story! Thanks for posting. 🙂

13. buike8

September 29, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I thought am d only 1 dat have noticed how poor OC ukeje is in acting.Ppl mistake criticism for bad belle bt its only when u are constructively criticized dat u can know ur weaknesses and become better. Dat guy is way overrated. his acting is sloppy and bland.How he managed to make it to AMAA nomination is still a puzzle.
    Dis list shows us dat deer are lots of good African films dat are way better dan dat of nollywood. Am desperately looking forward to seeing timbuktu

14. h

March 11, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Hey there pepper spray seller, please send me a mail let’s talk. [email protected]