Scoop

Ariyike Akinbobola talks the New Kardashian/Jenner Apps + Family Vacation vs. Paying Your Children’s School Fees

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Ariyike Akinbobola for The Celebrity Shoot - BellaNaija - April2015004

It is school season and all a lot of people are thinking about is paying fees.

In this week’s episode of ‘Ariyike Weekly’, the media personality talks about having to make a decision between going on a much-needed family vacation or paying your child’s schools.

She shares a story (as shared to her by someone she met at the Salon) of a Lagos based family who travelled for summer holidays in America and now they cannot pay their children’s school fees. She asks ‘should a holiday be more important than paying your children’s school fees?’

As a mother, she talks about proper planning and setting priorities right when you start having children.

Ariyike also talks about the new Kardashian/Jenner apps launched recently.

Watch:

1. slay

September 15, 2015 at 8:58 pm

KARDASHIAN /JENNER app?????? mtcheww you no get work, thought you have something more inspiring to share.

• STFU

September 16, 2015 at 6:42 am

You must be very stupid, is that all she talked about? When last did you inspire anybody around you?

2. ATL's finest

September 15, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Priorities!!!!!! People don’t get it and I hate it so much when folks live fake lives or should I say they are 0 ★ but want to live like 10 ★s. The only thing parents can give to their kids is education Once they are all grown up & married , it’s a wrap. They wouldn’t really be asking for much. If u cab afford a Vacation to the States of which there’s nothing wrong with that, u should be able to plan & pay school fees for the kids. America isn’t running away it will Always be there. I’m extremely thankful for my life because I know one thing for sure is that I’m content. Ain’t where I wanna be yet, but I’m not where I use to be. Let your grass be greener than mine good for U. God will see us all through for life isn’t a competition.. Trying to belong or fit into d society is the most ridiculous thing ever. How bout U try and stand out. Very soon, other kids will mock her kids in school about them not been able to pay school fee. Like I tell folks ” I’d rather carry a fake purse with millions in it than carry a real purse with bounced check/$0.00 in it”. We all need to wise up and secure our kids future.

As for the K’s & J’s good luck to them and their fans that will be subscribing. My hard earned $$$ will amount to something at the end of the year.. If Apps & music ain’t free to download, FORGET IT.. Just my .2cent

3. JustJanet

September 15, 2015 at 10:26 pm

I never know what gives people the right to judge and humiliate people. Maybe she made some bad choices or maybe something tragic and unexpected happened. If you can’t help, say sorry and keep it moving.

I say Kardashian are leveraging what they have as we all should be. more grease to elbows. This was dry jor.

4. Anise

September 15, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Ariyike, in the name of all things bright and beautiful, please figure out when to use ‘borrow’. You used the word when you ought to have used ‘lend’.

• I no send

September 16, 2015 at 8:03 am

Lol….i remember our teachers always said to us “”it’s lend me not borrow me”…back to he vacation topic this sounds like the kind of gist jhousewives spread in my kids school..I think it’s cruel to gossip about someone going through hard times..it might just be that an expected source of income fell through at the last minute…don’t know why people are not careful about who they disclose their problems to

5. Franca

September 16, 2015 at 8:12 am

Ariyike pls keep ur days job.. U suck at this and it appears u are trying too hard to be noticed .. And stop sounding like toke makinwa.. Ur videos and vlogs are so boring and pls stop making up stories ..

6. Smh

September 16, 2015 at 8:16 am

Some people really don’t know how to prioritise. Same thing with this recent Nigerian craze about going to give birth in the US. Some people sell everything they have to give birth to their child in the US…only to bring that same American citizen back to Nigeria to live a substandard life. There’s nothing wrong with going to have your child in the US if you have the means….but I still maintain that it’s a LUXURY not a NECESSITY. Being an American citizen would not automatically put food on your table or pay all your bills.
    smh

• Tiki

September 16, 2015 at 9:19 am

I’m of two minds about this. While it is indeed a HEAVY financial burden/investment for parents, the benefits of being an American are undeniable. The one which grabs my eye most, is the possibility of paying home fees. I think the cost is a price to pay for a giant step in giving my child a platform to realize their full potential. Surely that is a good tradeoff?

• Smh

September 16, 2015 at 11:52 am

I agree with you Tiki but I also maintain that it’s not the most important thing for your child. Millions have achieved their full potential here in Nigeria and other countries.
      Before spending hard earned money to have your child in the US…I think it’s pertinent to make sure that you’re living a comfortable life here in Nigeria. I know lots of American citizens who I’m doing better than even with my green passport.

also parents…don’t invest everything you have in your children….plan also for your retirement so you don’t become a burden to them.
      I know of a couple who spent everything they owned to send their kids to school in the US and are now retired but are languishing in poverty. The so called children (one of whom is now a US citizen) who have good jobs there can’t even provide adequately for the parents cos they have young families of their own and bills to pay.
      While my own parents who sent me to school in Nigeria ( cos that is what they could afford) managed to plan for their retirement well. And though I did my 1st degree in Nigeria. ..They managed to fund my masters in the US and I’m now living and working there though I’m not a citizen yet.
      lesson: plan according to your pocket.

7. Kaia

September 16, 2015 at 9:49 am

Ariyike……. kinda sounds like toke

September 16, 2015 at 12:43 pm

She is a Toke wannabe..

8. story

September 16, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Why do I think Ariyike makes up these stories?!?!??!??? so anyone would meet you for the first time in a salon and download this kind of sensitive issue??. Biko, we are not children oh.