News

Emeka Ike’s Official Statement on Battery & Divorce Tales | Explains the Role Chris Okotie Allegedly Played

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Emeka Ike

If you have not been keeping up with Nollywood actor Emeka Ike and his wife of 15 years, Suzanne Rero Ike, here’s a quick summary.

Suzanne reportedly filed for divorce a couple of months ago and it surfaced in her court testimony that she had allegedly suffered emotional and physical abuse for years.

Emeka Ike refuted the reports and he denied ever laying a hand on his wife but admitted that his wife has left their home. He appealed for her to come back and explained why he cannot be a wife beater.

He has now released an official statement where he tries to pin-point the cause of the marital issues while also categorically stating that he has never laid hands on his wife. He also mentions that certain influences might have added to the breakdown of his marriage.

Read his official statement below.

The lawyer Chris Okotie hired for my wife is also frustrating every attempt I make to resolve the matter peacefully.

I want people to look into this issue critically. I’ve never beaten this woman in my life. When she ran out of home, I called my pastor and they took us for counselling. For one week, I was begging her every day; I would go home alone and she would go home alone as well.

At a point, pastor asked us to write five things we like and dislike about each other. The pastor said that maybe we could work it out. I wrote mine, she wrote hers and she never said there that I used to beat her. I still have that document with me. She gave me what she wrote and I gave her what I wrote. If I used to beat her, she could not have left it out from that then. Any man that beats a woman is a coward. I know that someone somewhere must have done something to her. How can I beat a woman I adore so much? I love my family and this is very unfortunate. Her children have been begging her to come home, and she has refused.

I am pretty sure my wife is acting confused; she is acting as if she is under a spell, which is psychological and then she is acting under blackmail.

There was a time I accused her of bringing men to my house. I mean, which woman will wake her husband up in the middle of the night and said to him, share your property I want to get my share now from what you have? Tell me, which woman will do that if not acting under a spell?

There was a time I travelled and she closed down my school and sent all the students away. So, there is a lot to it, other than the allegation of battery against me and I want the whole world to know. My name is precious to me and I don’t want anything to drag it in the mud.

Pastor Chris Okotie just absolved my wife into his church without making any effort to get in touch with me. If as a pastor, your church member is having issue with her husband, and you failed to do anything to resolve it, what kind of pastor are you? When I called him, he refused to pick my call. He also failed to react to a text message I sent to him. Is that a man of God? Even, if you have a police case, they will make effort to hear from you before taking a position, not to talk of the church.

When we went to court, I told my wife that I’m interested in amicable settlement of the matter, and that I still want her back. But she refused. Even, if you don’t want me, what of your children, I asked her and she still would not listen to me. I want the whole world to know because there is a lot of misinformation out there. The lawyer which Okotie hired for my wife is also frustrating every attempt I make to resolve the matter peacefully.

Even if the couple decide to split up, we hope they can resolve their issues amicably especially for their children.

1. The Ghen Ghen

September 3, 2015 at 8:28 am

O seti go!
    Piom!

• Kadara

September 3, 2015 at 11:02 am

Emeka Ike, keep shut and go for anger management. Your wife is tired of you beating her according to reports and even your colleagues in Nollywood say you are troublesome. Stop trying to deflect attention from your wife beating ways to the Pastor or anyone else. She’s no longer interested in you using her as your punching bag. We know your type, I am sure you had promised to change many times which is why she stayed with you for so long but you never change. She is not interested in becoming the next dead woman in the name of MRS!

• judy

September 3, 2015 at 6:43 pm

It’s all about saving face. Saving name. Most “celebrities” in Nigeria are hypocrites.

2. Anon

September 3, 2015 at 8:37 am

In the vintage style of Chris Okotie. Be afraid, be very afraid.

3. Mystique

September 3, 2015 at 8:40 am

Is social media really the best platform for this????? BN pls make this a topic on its own. how much information is reasonable to put out there???

4. zelda

September 3, 2015 at 8:43 am

hmm

5. Chi!

September 3, 2015 at 8:43 am

Mrs Ike,pls show mercy n remember d vow u took on ur wedding day,for better for worse,pls go back to ur family n amicably resolve ur issue.am sure ur husband will change for good dis time around,if he wronged u.pls do not let d devil put asunder what God has joined togeda.remember dat God is love n he’s a God of peace n he will not want u n ur husband to divorce,pls I beg u in Jesus name.to give ur husband anoda change n pray n get close to God pls.

• Say No To Abuse!

September 3, 2015 at 9:09 am

You want her to remain the the marriage even though he is beating her? People like you make me angry! How can you use the Lord to beg her to go back to her abusive husband? There should be a point where Christianity will allow divorce. If she turns up dead now, what will you say?

Instead, you should pray for her husband and beg the Lord to cast the demonic spirit that is within him away.

I am a Christian, however, I will never stand for an abusive marriage!

I’m not saying Emeka is abusive, we don’t know what really happened, however, if he is, she needs to pack her bags & leave!

• Iranse

September 3, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I don’t think any woman in an abusive marriage should stay. I have seen victims of physical abuse in a marriage. Its not a pretty sight.

Emeka Ike to blame a 3rd party (because he is popular) for your sorrows and failure in marriage is plain dumb. No matter how sensational your allegation is, your problem will still be your problem. Deal with it.

• Femoratura

September 3, 2015 at 4:48 pm

If you are married, I am sure you wont be talking like this. Its difficult to give what you dont have! Just pray for them.

• WeCanDoBetter

September 4, 2015 at 7:26 am

@Femoratura, so because they are against staying a physically abusive marriage, they must not be married? Nigerian women always pull this card when another women presents a progressive point of view.
      No one is saying it is easy but some women don’t want to die in their husbands hands either. Some women would rather be single and safe; than married and living in fear of their lives.
      I have seen what a domestic abuse victim goes through and I do not wish it on anyone! Forgetting the physical pain, wounds and bruises, the psychological affects also cut deep. The fear, sadness and loss of self-esteem is serious. Not to mention the effect on the children from witnessing ‘daddy beating mommy’.

• Ezenwa

September 4, 2015 at 3:22 am

God will bless you. Chris Okotie is no man of God. What is marriage after all. Why would not the wife remember the vows she made. And for any pastor to support breakage of any marriage, look at the pastor critically : he is interested in the woman. I have always told friends, ” never you trust any of these bleaching these day pastors with your precious wife, for one day you wil lose her to these devil controlled magic pastors.
      When any woman decides to abandon her children for any reason and embrace s another man, note very well that the day she met her: “sweetheart ” now her bitter hearl , to the time they went to the so called alter, she already has her plans Bs. So, vexatious behaviour from her attracts sometimes wrong response s from the husband. This is where the plan Bs come in.Your pastor usually wrecks your marriage in the name of counseling or mediating for you instead of insisting on following God’s order of no divorce primarily, after marriage. The woman who abandons her children because of misunderstand ing with her husband, to me has no case. Was it true that Chris Okotie divorced her wife sometime ago? If it is, then whst does anyone see in him to be to do moral job.
      Woman go back for your vows and importantly, your kids.

• Nkechi

September 5, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Watch your mouth, don’t express your assumptions, express your facts buttressed with admissible evidence. Therein your intelligence will blossom.

• its me

September 4, 2015 at 1:55 pm

what exactly are you on about?u want her to stay in an abusive relationship kos of vow? did he think of d vow when he was panel beating her?and which children by d way? is it the same children dat he will render motherless when he eventually kills her?pls pls pls pls u guys are taking this “for better for worse”thingy too far.somebody wants to kee me and u r saying for bbetter for worse??? infact do me a favour please……….

6. on the real

September 3, 2015 at 8:55 am

on my life i can tell you that this chris okotie is a wanksta and a fake
    personal experience and i would soon make my story public
    been a pastor does not make you a God! just wait on it…

• jide

September 3, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I recently gave up on Nigerian Pastors in America when one prominent church pastor here in NY started stalking me about giving them contact in Michigan because they are trying to open a branch there. Meanwhile the useless man can’t seem to find a resolution ffor the dispute I needed his help for concerning his church member who keeps doing 419 all over the place

7. quirky

September 3, 2015 at 8:57 am

I don’t believe you. You shouldn’t have bothered with the statement. Go seek the face of God.

8. Point, blank, period.

September 3, 2015 at 9:01 am

If she doesn’t want the marriage anymore then leave her and MOVE on!

When someone keeps trying explain them self, there gets to a point when the person starts to look suspicious.

I kinda feel guilty about making this comment because I knew Emeka when I was a kid. I still have vivid memories of him, however, when someone offends me and uses my name to lie, I will say the truth about what really happened and move the hell on! This is the same advice I would give my friends and family members:

Say your side of the story & leave the rest to God.

If it is the opinion of others that you’re worried about then screw them! Let them think what they want to think… They’re all hypocrites!

• molarah

September 3, 2015 at 1:44 pm

That’s not how marriage operates. He should pursue all avenues to seek reconciliation, stop telling him to move on. Are you even thinking about the children from the marriage? This our modern indomie approach to marriage will result in more harm than good. Divorce/Separation should be a last resort, if at all.

9. Gracee

September 3, 2015 at 9:01 am

Hmmmm,don’t know what to say but its is suppose to be”OUR”children not “HER” children.

10. bruno

September 3, 2015 at 9:09 am

emeka ike I have lost all respect for you.
    What the hell? are u out of ur mind? this statement u released has done more harm than good. what a useless,tasteless statement filed with grammatical errors everywhere. smh

emeka ike u are a small minded person. u sound like a confused illiterate who doesn’t know anything. u don’t even sound sorry, u sound crazy as f**k

WTF is
    ” “I am pretty sure my wife is acting
    confused; she is acting as if she is under
    a spell, which is psychological”

typical nigerian man as usual, always trying to demonise and discredit their ex wives. they will do and say anything to discredit their ex wife’s story.

dear emeka ike’s ex wife pls if u know what is good for u, u better dont go back to this lunatic. how did u even managed and survive with him for 15 years? u deserve a medal.

• Nahum

September 3, 2015 at 9:41 am

Bruno babe, is this you??? What happened?

• Seemee

September 3, 2015 at 6:42 pm

As in…the same number of years, same allegations, same mudslinging…yet a totally different outlook. O ga.

• Minka

September 7, 2015 at 2:31 pm

“… how did u even managed and survive with him for 15 years?” says the English master.

11. Dele

September 3, 2015 at 9:22 am

Mrs. Ike, please o. He says he wants you back. One more chance because of the children biko

12. Nahum

September 3, 2015 at 9:39 am

Why is it that men think that if a woman wants to leave their marriage, then Jazz is involved? They never look within and question themselves. It is always either the influence of bad friends or its jazz. Naija men, start telling yourselves the truth o. Your wives are not taking your BS anymore.

13. Tanis

September 3, 2015 at 9:45 am

Your wife would be making a mistake if she is making her decision based on okotie. This man right now is having a relationship with not less than 6 women in church, we see them, we know them, and it’s all fun to watch . The same neomi, the 20 yr old girl that was written about and he denied is the one who is his official mistress in charge of church, the girl has stopped school and is taking a fashion course, so many unilag girls are under this man out of poverty because for okotie to help u, you have to be available to him for sex at anytime. And I hear the man is not officially divorced

• Babycakes

September 3, 2015 at 10:04 am

And u are still attending that kind of rotten church…with all the evidence. Make God proud please…he gave u common sense please

• Iranse

September 3, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Say what you wish dear with the “hope” that the “Pastor” is fake and heaven, God and angels with flaming swords of fire is all fiction too.

Otherwise I am very sorry for you!!

• me

September 3, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Be careful what you say about Pastors dear.

• Confuzzled

September 3, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Enough with the idolatry. Pastors are human beings just like me and you. If you’re telling the truth, open your mouth and say it. Its your responsibility regardless of whether that person is a pastor or not.

14. Trendy Living Blog

September 3, 2015 at 10:26 am

There is definitely more to this.. Is he accussing her of adultery too.. No woman will on her own leave a marriage of 15 years plus her children without nothing serious happening.. Not taking sides but stop using social media it’s making matters worse..

Please guys check out my blog trendwithgloria.com

15. me

September 3, 2015 at 10:31 am

All you pastors and your homewrecking

16. Tanis

September 3, 2015 at 10:31 am

Most people in church go to clam for spiritual backing but household is entaintaning and they give out gifts because they know it keeps a lot of people like me coming back.

17. Tuu

September 3, 2015 at 10:43 am

Emeka Ike you used to hit your wife, and I know that for a fact…. That alone makes me believe that every other thing you have said is a freaking lie… This was d same way my father used to beat my mum black and blue and would lie about and say things she didnt do, even till now that we’re grown he always says he never hit my mum, that d beatings were a figment of our imagination from what we were told… I was like huh?! Does this man think I cant remember seeing this things? As For you Emeka.. remember you don’t live alone on your street, people hear and see things. You’re only trying to save yourself and drag a man of God into this, same thing my father did, You men are just d same…. Mscheeeew!

18. Bel;inda

September 3, 2015 at 10:52 am

Sorry Emeka Ike, I don’t know if your statement is true or not but what I will say is that my husband used to beat me. I have a picture to prove it. I didn’t write it down when I was told to write my complaints in a letter to him. I never raised that issue in the family meetings we used to have. I simply said I want to leave him. I guess I just could not admit the truth for a very long time. Writing it means facing it. Its harder than it seems.

19. lotus flower

September 3, 2015 at 11:12 am

Well, Emeka Ike if she wants to leave let her…..As long as u have your children, you don’t need your wife…..Any woman who leaves her children in the Hands of a so called abuser doesn’t deserve my pity..

• Gina

September 3, 2015 at 1:16 pm

You do not know the circumstances of her leaving the home. IT Happens.

The mother of a friend left her home after them man almost killed her, He told her in front of the Children that if she thinks that she can leave with the kids then she must be ready to die, he beat her to a pulp and left her unconscious in the hospital. My friend’s mum had to escape to another state and waited for years before she could sneak into Lagos to visit her children in school.

Till date the children sneak out of school to visit their mum because according to them if he finds out (and locate the mum) He will kill her.

The children stay away from him as much as possible

• Fasholaslover

September 4, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Are you for real @Lotus flower?

Pray you do not jam a real mean MF who will kill you first than allow you leave with “his” children. This story here is fishy. Very smelly. The woman previously released a statement that the mother in-law moved in immediately she moved out and any attempt she made to speak with her children was rebuffed by the MIL. Even the sister in-law took over the running of the school. You want to fight family war? On top wetin? Abusive marriage? Abuse is not only physical you know?

The woman also in a previous post complained that Emeka would often call her a prostitute and that no one would have married her if he did not pick her off the street. He just confirmed it by accusing her of bringing men home. When a man calls the wife a prostitute what is left to stay back for in that marriage?

Emeka comes across as arrogant, angry and juvenile. He is unable to deal with the fact that she left without waiting to be pursued or have her things thrown out. Idiot man.

20. Yinka

September 3, 2015 at 11:17 am

Okotie’ girls are on hear with damage control,that’s why this people get away with all kinds of things. If Emeka Ike’s wife wants to leave it is her right but no man of God should advise you to most especially Okotie who has ruined so many life because they trust the so called man of God. Look at people like vien tetshola promised to marry her and in order to marry stephanie branded her mad, used uduak and branded her a witch, used Shola salako and branded her evil, elishama ideh and branded her old and mammy water, bimbo arawole of leatherworld and branded her old, stephanie for over 20years and branded her mammy water, ure, funmi Paul, Cynthia, tola, neomi, yinka, Delphine, so many right now I have forgotten their names. No woman should fall into his trap again. Leave Emeka Ike if he physically abuses you but run far away from Okotie, there has been tega, toyin, Linda, fatima gosh so many. Lord help this woman

• Na so we see am

September 3, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Choi!!! See as you dey drop gist left & right….my sista u do well oh…hehehe

Na wah for these our soo called MOGs….wetin person eye never see finish #lobatan

21. red

September 3, 2015 at 11:19 am

it is well o. really…bcs this one pass me. I pray for peace for your home Emeka and Emma, whatever the issue is. May God’s love and peace fill your hearts and home. and why is she called her Suzanne. we went to school together in Unilag class of ’09 and her name was Emma on all her school docs, abi she don change name?
    anyway all will be well

22. red

September 3, 2015 at 11:19 am

*why is she called*

23. Rude gal

September 3, 2015 at 11:22 am

But I wonder what those who attend Chris Okotie’s church expect of his marriage counselling. Considering it coming from someone who has no respect for marriage, and sees divorce as a normal thing.

24. Jennifer

September 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

First time to comment on this blog, I want to say, there is something not getting right and clear in this matter. I don”t like the idea of people using social media to handle their marriage/relationship problems. We should learn to solve problem without social media platform period.

• molarah

September 3, 2015 at 1:45 pm

You have made a point. But if you were in his shoes, what else could you possibly do?

25. Tai

September 3, 2015 at 11:42 am

If u beat your wife please repent and show genuine repentance she will sure forgive , except you have abused her over and over again and she cant bear it anymore, try and make your marriage work, forget public opinions, involve your both families at this point for final settlement

26. Tessy Paul

September 3, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Emeka get your wife back by all means
    If u were actually beating her its time to be a better father and hubby
    You can’t throw 15years away
    And to your dear wife pls go back home forgive him and give another chance
    No marriage is perfect it only takes the grace of God to keep a successful marriage
    No one is perfect

27. natu

September 3, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Dear African women,
    Please stop allowing men to use and abuse you. Have some self-confidence, self worth and self respect. Do not allow society, culture and religion to bully you in to staying in unhappy situations. Life is too short and you shouldn’t spend it on idiots!! Stay blessed ladies!

• nnenne

September 3, 2015 at 1:55 pm

No man takes away my children from me. Marriage or no marriage. Abuse or no abuse.
      I wouldn’t have forgiven my mother if she did because if the home is unsafe for you, how about me?

28. fjd43oi

September 3, 2015 at 12:43 pm

money can cure all of this nonsense, especially for this generation and above. emeka just needs to step up his formula.

29. Des

September 3, 2015 at 1:22 pm

“Her children have been begging her to come home, and she has refused.” this statement carries no sense of togetherness her children or our children, something is wrong somewhere a man who brings blame upon another man for his misfortune has a big challenge in his life.

• dayo

September 3, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Yes Des, something is wrong somewhere. And her husband is telling you but you are not listening. Other men,…of God and sometimes the Devil, can and have destroyed homes that have marital problems. If she is such a decent person, why would she leave her kids behind? Yes, something is wrong somewhere…in HER HEAD!!!

• D.K

September 3, 2015 at 10:39 pm

“If she is such a decent person, why would she leave her kids behind?” See ehn, I was gonna write an epistle to correct your thought but it’s not worth it.

30. Gina

September 3, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Dear Emeka,

From your press release alone it is obvious that you are EMOTIONALLY Abusing your Wife, if not Physically. Or how is one expected to view your wife from the following statements that you made?

1. “When she ran out of home,……
    2. “I am pretty sure my wife is acting CONFUSED; she is acting as if she is UNDER A SPELLl, which is PSYCHOLOGICAL and then she is acting UNDER BLACKMAIL…..”.
    3. “Her children have been begging her to come home, and she has REFUSED…..”
    4. “I accused her of bringing men to my house. I mean, which woman will wake her husband up in the middle of the night and said to him, share your property……..”
    5. “Tell me, which woman will do that if not acting under a SPELL?…”
    6. ” Even, if you don’t want me, what of your children, I asked her and she still would not listen to me……”

NO you tell us, What picture are you painting of your wife? A Liar? An Emotionally unstable woman who does not know what is right? A Cheat? An Unfit Mother? or All of the Above. Because with your press release these are what you’ve called her

At the very least this press release is an Emotional Black Mail full of blame, without an admittance of any wrong doing. YOU SIR are not perfect and people have seen you physically abuse HER

• dayo

September 3, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Dear Gina, Emeka is not painting any type of picture of his wife. He is telling exactly what she had put him through. He lives with her, and not with (You)! So what is left is for the wife to refute these salient points he has made. Wait for her reply and rebuttal, before you begin your hate campaign against Mr. Emeka. Ike

• Soraya

September 3, 2015 at 7:16 pm

@Gina, this is the most sensible comment I have come across here- Emeka Ike does come across as an abusive husband

31. Benson Ossai

September 3, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Oboy no be small amebo person dey hear for this platform oooh

32. dayo

September 3, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I believe Emeka Ike that he is not beating his wife…any woman who was physically abused by her husband will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER LEAVE HER CHILDREN BEHIND WITH THE HUSBAND!!! And pastor Chris Okotie a.k.a “I need someone to…”, thinks that that someone is another man’s wife: He wants Emeka’s wife to leave her husband and children, take as mush property and money and give it to his church…this might be his agenda; can’t trust these money hungry pastors of nowadays, OH!!!

• nene

September 3, 2015 at 8:19 pm

gbam. why leave the children?

• Juice4life

September 3, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Dayo please just how many abused women have you met before making such an assertion. Let me guess, None, asides the ones Emeka portrays in movies right? So I thought

• Idomagirl

September 3, 2015 at 10:16 pm

That’s a big lie. There are many abused women who leave their kids behind for a variety of reasons.

1)she may not have the financial capability of taking care of the kids.
      2) the kids may be in school and she doesn’t want to disrupt their education.
      3) the man and in some cases along with his family may have intimidated her into leaving the children.
      4) in some cases, she may lose custody of the kids especially if she cannot afford a good lawyer.

So saying an abused woman will never leave her kids behind is incorrect. It’s not that straightforward.

33. Mom of 2

September 3, 2015 at 2:12 pm

This Emeka guy comes across as extremely arrogant and chauvinistic to boot. I certainly have a big problem with his reference to his wife as ‘this woman’. It’s so disrespectful. I once watched an episode of Jara where he was featured as a guest and he was downright disagreeable and unpleasant to Helen Paul. I had to change the channel in disgust. No rational thinking woman will walk out of her marriage without a good reason. He must have shown her hell. Nonetheless, all hope is not lost. May God intervene in this matter.

• Idomagirl

September 3, 2015 at 10:17 pm

He’s actually very chauvinistic and arrogant.

34. WomanWhoHasWitnessedAbuseFirstHand

September 3, 2015 at 3:01 pm

A Bipolar and psychomanic man will never believe that he does anything wrong, Emeka Ike is still in claiming that he never laid his hands on his wife, so was my Ex husband. If she doesn’t leave, he will kill her and say she simple fell down the stairs and that he never laid his hands on her……….Emeka start seeing a Psychiatrist because you need one.

35. WomanWhoHasWitnessedAbuseFirstHand

September 3, 2015 at 3:07 pm

36. Hadassah

September 3, 2015 at 5:37 pm

First thing I noticed “her children” not “our children” except the children aren’t his.

37. Kenny Jossy

September 3, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Lets assume all this dude is saying is true, my recommendation will be go aheads and divorce this woman bc she’s not feeling you anymore period. You should never force things to happen, I understand you guys have kids together but that should not be a base for you guys to be together when there’s a zero understanding and love. IKE shine your eyes, make you begin focus on your hustle live this woman alone. My father always say women go after successful men and unsuccessful men go after women. On this freaking world, nobody is worth dying for, At the end of the day all this things na vanity. Women or men matter na shoulder u suppose put am like military rank when e heavy you, bend your shoulder e drop and u go waka.

38. Idomagirl

September 3, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Emeka no be today we begin hear as you dey panel beat this woman. Talk another thing.

39. Hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

September 3, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that Suzanne is Chris Okotie’s spec? Just saying.

• Honey

September 4, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Yes o. I noticed. Fair, biracial looking women.

40. Ezenwa

September 4, 2015 at 3:55 am

No man or woman is perfect. Marriage fails when either of the partners expects perfection.
    So, brother Ike, Ogo m nwoke please be more contrite and do all in Heaven’s to win back at least the acceptance of your wife, then work on winning back her love, lest you lose her to her or your pastor: never trust anyone or any of these wealth worshippers.
    On your side, madam, bear in mind that your kids will curse you if you abandon them. No other man will be more perfect than the father of your kids.
    What you want to embark upon now is the journey of the unknown. This is not good for a christian let alone a born before or born again child of God. These different from being a christian for not all Christians are practically children of God.. Then choose where you belong snd obey or disobey your God. Your pastor if he is interested in you will destroy not only your marriage but you.
    What’s unfolding between you and your husband is the vogue in the US and Europe where women marry, divorce, marry again and divorce as many times as they can fancy other men , then find the funniest excuse to leave their husbands with share of his wealth. This is what probably you are doing now such that you will stuff your ears with wax no matter how remorseful or repentant Emeka seems.
    Men are not better than women. So, unless you’re prepared to succeed, no way.

41. Ann

September 4, 2015 at 5:39 am

Emeka is a wild animal, he beats his wife even in the presences of his worker. There was a day he hit the keyboard on her head. i was close to family and i can tell you Mrs Ike was in hell. The few years i was with the family…. Ema that is wat we call is a peaceful woman. There are days emeka will not give her money to take care of herself and the 4kids and he will travel for weeks, most times she will go and beg some of her customers for food stuffs on credit, their neighbor in magodo will know wat am talking about. To crown it all emeka is a cheat and any time ema caught him he will beat her and tell her there is nothing she can do about it.
    with respect to the kids it was Emeka at took the first to kids to Abuja and the wife was left with no option than to go with the other two when the court sent them packing from their house and school premises for not paying the rent for 5years.

• oy

September 4, 2015 at 9:44 am

i believe your story Ann…true. however, let them allow God

• Malin

September 6, 2015 at 11:01 pm

If it was your daughter that Emeka Ike was beating like that, will you say “true. however, let them allow God”???? So he should kill her abi?

42. Don Pafegs

September 4, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Different stories and Many testimonies from different Sources. Its difficult knowing Who is telling the truth. I just hope that they reconcile and end this negative publicity.

43. kim kim

September 5, 2015 at 7:58 pm

I am so baffled. How can someone advise the lady to go back to her abusive husband cos of vows, God or kids?? Do u want him to kill her?? Africans amaze me

44. Malin

September 6, 2015 at 11:09 pm

@Femoratura,
    So because we don not condone wife battery we must be single. Your bias will not “unmarry us o”.

Wife battering is wrong period!!! I am a man

I have also seen men, who are victims of domestic violence. Some women beat their husbands. This man got fed up of his marriage due to his wife’s violence. the man had shrunk to a sorry state. He recounted his experience with fear in his heart as he begged the judge to dissolve his marriage cuz his wife was always beating him.

The wife will beat him and take him to the hospital> Choi!!

If you say Emeka Ike’s wife should stay. Should men that their wives beat them stay in such a marriage????