Events

Mo Abudu at 51! At the Media Mogul’s Intimate Celebration

BellaNaija.com

Last year, it was “go big or go home” at Ebonylife founder Mo Abudu‘s 50th Birthday party. From her Oscar de la Renta statement dress to the superstar performers. Click here for the Full Scoop!

This year, it was a low-key but special celebration with close friends at her home in Lagos. Guests included designer Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi, Adebola Williams, Veronica Ebie-Odeka, Rotimi Amaechi and Poonam Dalamal.

Happy Birthday Mo!

Pretty Makeup by Banke Meshida-Lawal

Pretty Makeup by Banke Meshida-Lawal

Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 2Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 1Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 4Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 5Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 6Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 7Mo Abudu at 51 - Birthday party 8

1. missappleberry

September 15, 2015 at 12:19 pm

LDA needs to learn how to apply a lipstick or stay away from reds totally! There are a million other lipsticks out there that can give her a better look than this always red pout. Happy birthday Mo!

• Duchess Maria

September 15, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I like it. I’ve come to regard it as her signature look.

2. Shay

September 15, 2015 at 12:28 pm

@missappleberry, Y u mad tho??

3. Mrs oluwole

September 15, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Happy birthday to our darling Mo. Please how do I get the shirt dress with flowers worn by one of the guest? Anybody there…………..do help, it’s a knockout!

• Ibinabo

September 15, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Buy a similar material and get a good tailor to make it… It’s pocket-friendly that way..

• NIBU

September 28, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Its LDA

4. orchids and petals

September 15, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Aunty Mo, I love you. But your wig doesn’t lay well. Don’t know why? Confusedmuch

• Zeeebby

September 15, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Mo’s wigs NEVER lay…. I always wonder…chai

5. Bella

September 15, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Happy Birthday to Aunty Mo. We wish you many more years to come. You look amazing for 51, I plan to emulate! God willing o.

6. Xoxo

September 15, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I read her profile once and swore I will never settle for less !! Happy birthday Anty Mo’!

7. bruno

September 15, 2015 at 2:34 pm

mo abudu, happy birthday.

pls stop hiring ur friends or returnees who failed in America or the uk and decided to run back to Nigeria.
    I am tired of seeing the same damn people everytime on ebony live tv. pls hire fresh faces.

before I forget, pls cancel that show desperate housewives Africa. nobody watches that show.

• i love bruno

September 15, 2015 at 4:29 pm

bruno THANK YOU!!!!!! I’m so in love with this your comment….so fed up with the chanel and that show

• mekaugo

September 15, 2015 at 4:56 pm

oh please shut up your ghetto mouth up. what makes you think that those people are failed returnees. you will just be talking trash about people that will feed you, your family and entire generation. am sure if you see them face to face, you will not be able to say this to their face. Ghetto full. don’t go and look for way to upgrade your life. Please for your information desperate house wives africa is a nice series with nice cast crew as well. Am sure you do not have a dstv cable or even pay for the full bouque in your ghetto flat to watch, that is why you assume people do not watch it. your will just be typing rubbish n abusing people that have accomplished better things for themselves than your entire family.

• Risi

September 16, 2015 at 12:23 am

Oh ye pained fruit bat! Please get your spellings right! Use t9….

• Kadara

September 15, 2015 at 6:42 pm

@ Bruno, I watch the show and I love it. I know people who hating missing even an episode.

8. aikay

September 15, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Abeg wetin Amaechi dey find for there? Ow I forgot he is jobless at the moment waiting for buhari’s ministerial list. Abeg aunty Mo no gree for am oh if e toost you cos d man no get secret, nah john fashanu type oh, LOUD AND EMPTY….

9. Yoly

September 15, 2015 at 3:56 pm

@Bruno ha na wahhh oh. You don’t watch but you know it’s there. And na so you sabi people life?? Choii

Happy birthday Aunty Mo. Beautiful mama!!

10. anana

September 15, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Who told u no one watches it?they know how many pple watch it nd that’s why they still air it.

11. Prince

September 15, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Phenomenal Woman. I love her to the moon and back. #stronggirl. happy birthday Ma, I wish you many more glorious and fruitful years

12. Geraldine Ogwe

September 15, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Amaechi nwa, why you pose like that nah? Happy birthday, Mo. You look good and younger.

13. Kenny Jossy

September 15, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Some 9ja men sha, see Amechi as he look aboki way dey sell suya, upon all the million wey he steal dress culture na zero. Na ladies like Mo, i dey find to date no be all this shoe shiner wey dey find safe heaven with their cheap hand bag. Bella naija if una sabi any lady wey find correct dude make una refer am lol….

14. Jo!

September 15, 2015 at 5:34 pm

I like Banke as a person o, but I think BMPro is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated, I mean, just look at those eyebrows

• jane

September 15, 2015 at 10:47 pm

And the lip liner…

• Tosin

September 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm

au contraire, i saw that pic and thought ‘they really tried for that woman’
      i think by 52 she might go more natural, i don’t get this life of constructing a face that my people have gotten into.

15. Jenny Kossy

September 15, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Who is the “aboki way dey sell suya” that you know that wears oxford shirts and wide-lapel double-breasted blazers? You sound foolish.

16. seaman

September 15, 2015 at 10:37 pm

@mekaugo no offence, your an idiot

17. Destiny

September 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm

This adebola williams is like the male toke, always everywhere

18. Naanu

September 20, 2015 at 1:37 am

Really love Mo but her wig!! Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!