Music

New Video: Niyola – Go On

BellaNaija.com

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 18.23.16

We can’t seem to get enough of Niyola‘s voice!

The First lady of Empire Mates Entertainment  has released the visuals for her latest song, Go On. Written and directed by E.M.E boss, Banky W, the video tells the story of a woman who remains unshaken by her man’s infidelity.

Check on it!

1. neeka

September 1, 2015 at 6:55 pm

since everyone is claiming ownership of Empire…Banky carry di go na! my association of a music company with the name empire was yours 🙂

2. www.xplorenollywood.com

September 1, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Banky W, not holding back huh! I love the video, before you guys give me name, it feels similar to Rihanna’s ‘Over Now’ but hey! Not feeling the song yet, but will try it again later in the week.

• Self-Sufficient

September 2, 2015 at 10:22 pm

I had to look at the credits and yes, it was written and directed by Banky W. I like the song. Niyola, nothing do you. Keep pursing your dreams.

3. Aunty Amebo

September 1, 2015 at 7:18 pm

This is so Beyonce’s Irreplacable.

4. fan

September 1, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Nice video, but why Is it that your songs are always about men?

• Ese

September 1, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Same thing I was thinking. Always about a man’s infidelity… Is that the only message that can be passed??

• nene

September 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

lmao. true.

5. M

September 1, 2015 at 10:09 pm

She’s got so much talent but the whole concept of the video / lyrics / attitude is sickening. Dare I say bey copycat?!! Plus what’s up with the “white powder” coming out of his luggage when thrown out….Hugh??!!!!!! Africa’s younger generations deserve better.

• nene

September 2, 2015 at 1:36 pm

the song doesn’t song good at all

6. Exasperated IboBabe

September 1, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Fan abi fan box, is it woman u want her to sing about? Onye ishi nkopu, if she sings about woman nau its people like u that will say she is a lesbian.

By the way, great work Niyola

7. Tosin

September 2, 2015 at 2:46 am

I feel like crying.
    There are many good reasons to watch this – Niyola has some fine quality in her voice. The song, video, and her fine bod are nice. She does this little spunky dance thing for like 1sec near 1:20. And we know flocks of girls like to over-rock the few pieces of music that are all about them flocking together.

But here is why I will NEVER voluntarily watch this again: It sounds terrible.
    Oh Lord. If I had the chance to fix it, I’d just rip out the stupid lazy-ass beat slash drumroll slash whatever that thing is they smacked on top of her vocals and called it a wrap, and then find something neutral, think Mozart and strings, low and quiet, to replace it.
    First, there was no integration at all between her voice and the background – is it not normal to play that layer and then have the artiste romance it, lay some voice work over and through it – none of that happened. Second, ok, so she recorded and left then you producer now took…
    Look, I’m in pain. We’re getting used to Niyola’s deer-in-headlights look, and I appreciate her embracing her shy sexy. We’re getting to like Niyola’s voice. Then she puts out this failed music. I will never forgive that bow-legged American girl named Beyonce, the way she got superior musicians trying to make her rubbish “style” of confused music. They’ll just separate beat and talk and play it to drunk people in a club or whatever. I’m annoyed. I’ll be ok.

I fully expect this piece of crap to be award-winning, knowing Nigerian awards. I’m annoyed.

• nene

September 2, 2015 at 1:34 pm

lmao

8. dex

September 2, 2015 at 4:40 am

Hahahahahahh back vry hiliarious

9. jess

September 2, 2015 at 10:50 am

In Primary school my teacher said, ” music is the act of combining sounds that is agreeable to the ear”…….This is noise pollution. bobyi bad by Niyola was a fluke………….meaning, shes got no talents whtsoever and has got the personality of a flat pancake!

10. Las

September 2, 2015 at 11:43 am

And in other news, he is now dating one of the other 4 ladies in the video. Probably the one in the green dress. Thank me later.

11. nene

September 2, 2015 at 1:36 pm

niyola has a good voice but she’s trying too hard to be beyonce of nigeria. be yourself and write better songs, not always about men being bad or being in love. expand ur range. it’s also painful to watch her try to be sexy.

12. gh_Mikie

September 3, 2015 at 6:01 am

I loved it!! This was a dope track. I think the people who didnt like the song, just dont like her-period!

13. kina

September 3, 2015 at 9:31 am

Love the song. Love the video. I just love how she sings in yoruba. Makes me want to learn the language. Love, love this girls smooth velvety voice.

14. Damie

September 3, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Firstly, the concept of the video is sleek and highly sophisticated, I may not really pay attention to the beats and lyrics, but I do appreciate a good effort when I see it, the video was on point! People should nevertheless forget music is only a platform to send a message accross and that is to address the ills of the society which is cheating! She successfully passed the message in my opinion! Kudos!

• Naomi