Relationships

Pushing Boundaries! Catch Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Jimmie & Lola OJ on Episode 10 of Ndani TV’s ‘Real Talk’

Ebuka

Episode 10 of Ndani TV’s ‘Real Talk’, hosted by Cornelia O’Dwyer is here!

On Episode 10 the host chats with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Jimmie and Lola OJ and the topic on the table is ‘Pushing Boundaries’.

Will you get in a serious relationship with someone who practices a different religion? Will you date someone who is from another ethnic group? Will you let your family choose your partner based on these differences?

These are questions asked on Today’s epsiode.

Watch them share their opinions below.

1. Mike jones

September 30, 2015 at 2:05 am

Ebuka fit lieeeeeeee chai!!!! Confirm okoro

• Melanie

September 30, 2015 at 2:54 am

Lol! #Lipssealed

2. Kaeto

September 30, 2015 at 3:21 am

We all know faith is part of it. Please feelings always fades away either way it all depends on what we highly place in our lives, when we choose our faith- my honey every partner has to fall in line. Tribalism is so outdated.

3. Kelechi

September 30, 2015 at 3:23 am

I will certainly end up with an Igbo girl, i just cant miss my uha and onugbo soup, coupled with the occasional nkwobi and isi ewu. Unless of course she is willing to learn thise dishes.

• Nkwobi

September 30, 2015 at 10:30 am

Lol I tire for you my brother.

4. Truth

September 30, 2015 at 5:40 am

The guests all spoke their personal truths, but it does depend on the individuals and their upbringing. Unlike the western world we have cultures we need to protect and family acknowledgmen and acceptance is a big part of it.jimmie acted like that annoying little brother and buka looked like the older brother that just wanted to slap him.

5. Tosin

September 30, 2015 at 6:23 am

love Jimmie’s summary

then how do you apply it tho’

6. Zee

September 30, 2015 at 7:23 am

This lola oj tryna be everywhere.na steph dey help her career. The perks of being stephanie’s cousin.

• Tosin

September 30, 2015 at 9:31 am

sounds like a nice cousin. sounds like a good thing to be and to have.
      #goals

7. Tari

September 30, 2015 at 8:30 am

About to watch.
    I just hope Ebuka did not lie .
    He and Noble his friend will never end up with a non-igbo girl. Forget all that eloquence. Neither will he bring a non catholic girl home. Na disowning things be dat.
    No problems there bit no need lying about it.

• Nin

September 30, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Where did lie come into this now? The dude is sharing his experiences and his truth. If he won’t marry a non-Igbo and a non-Catholic, it’s his choice. I don’t think he needs ur input.

8. Tari

September 30, 2015 at 10:40 am

Ebuka is talking about Babangida’s son

9. lara

September 30, 2015 at 10:53 am

Jimmi very much summarised what’s going on in marriage break ups of today. The dynamics change, and the promises made prior to marriage begin to fall apart at the seams. People mature in age, their needs and wants begin to alter, and they morph into something entirely different.
    May the Almighty give us all strength!

10. nene

September 30, 2015 at 10:55 am

but ebuka already said it. he said he won’t marry a girl if his parents don’t agree, obviously he gave us the hint in that answer. i agree with jimmie to an extent about him marrying anyone since he provides for himself and his parents don’t really have a say, but if my relationship will tear my family apart, i don’t think i’ll do it. if i coerce my parents very well, they might listen to me and leave me to do what i want but they’ll probably not be happy, and the relationship will be strained. i believe when falling in love, use ur head AND ur heart.

11. Blondie

September 30, 2015 at 10:59 am

Ebuka i learnt grew up in a very “‘Catholic home””, so he spoke his truth. cos you can’t be from such home and do things without parents approval. I also like the honesty of the other guy. they all spoke their truth. Different strokes for different folks. But in all, religion plays even a more crucial role than tribe.

12. iyke

September 30, 2015 at 11:00 am

Yes the role of culture,ethnicity and religion on choice of partners cannot be overemphasized , These variables however, are not determinants of a blissful relationship,hence will align with Jimmy’s opinion.
    I don’t care where you come from as long as you give me the TRUTH and call me out when I mess up – Love is love…it doesn’t matter where she comes from. Am a grown man,all I want is a relationship where we both cook,we both clean,we both hustle,we both pay,we both take care and protect each other and perhaps, we both LIFT!
    If I find peace with you, and you give me the same feeling that I get when I see my favorite jellof rice, where you come from means nothing to me.
    And if your parents are the type that have to approve before you agree to marry a man, then it’s a shame that they don’t trust your judgement and as such YOU have no reason talking about marriage.

• Melanie

September 30, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Respect to you sir! ????

13. tos

September 30, 2015 at 11:37 am

I just love Ebuka!! he should have been brought for a more challenging/intelligent question. Although i enjoyed watching this as with every episode. Funny how i was thinking just yesterday that i wanted to see him on this show. He’s so confident, hot and intelligent!!!

14. nwanyi na aga aga

September 30, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Nwatakiri a bu Lola Oj bu ote!! The nwa bu original!!! Looool! Very fine girl

15. SugaMama

September 30, 2015 at 7:50 pm

All these gorgeous women. Cornelia and Lola Oj, how far? Teach me pleasseeeeeeee.
    I’m obsessed with this show.

16. PurpleiciousBabe

September 30, 2015 at 10:58 pm

The guy with the afro..when real talk was taking to the streets…
    Quite articulate I thought….x

17. momo karbo.

October 1, 2015 at 4:05 am

None of the considerations are warranted when it comes to loving and marrying someone. In every African country, there has been intermarriage since the beginning of times. None of us can even trace our origins today due to that undeniable fact. What you may think you claim to be today, is far from the reality of what you were some two hundred years ago. Tribalism nor religiosity, should be of any consideration in loving or marrying someone. Besides love that is innate, tribal affiliation and religious considerations are man made barriers to stifle our freedom to choose and experience life in it’s purest form. Why can’t i relate to you, in terms of your basic humanity. Putting those other criteria to loving someone, is very counter productive to moving this generation forward. I will marry any woman from any African country, from any tribe, from any religious persuasion in as long as my love for that woman is reciprocated. Unfettered love, is the quintessence of our humanity.