Style

We ❤ Colour! Toke Makinwa is on the Cover of Mania Magazine’s ‘New Generation’ Issue

cover (1)Media personality Toke Makinwa is on the cover of the New Generation Issue of Mania Magazine.

With controversies and successes in her stride, she joins the class of 2015 – a brilliant assortment of distinguished personalities- young folks who are redefining the way their trades are plied.

Also in this issue is the winning team of the Fayrouz L’original, Team Meddlelane. With a campaign worthy editorial on location at the Oshogbo Sacred Groove, the winning team brought the enchanted theme to life with guidance from the Mania team.

Fashion Fashion2

The beauty editorial is inspired by the addictive candy crush game while another fashion editorial is a representation of Aina More’s EP in visuals.

cover2

For enquires and back issues, [email protected], 01-8713440.

Cover

Why the floating head? Smh. Back to Lupita’s Vogue photos

• mgtss.blogspot.com

September 18, 2015 at 7:53 pm

its called creativity

2. O

September 18, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Is it odd? Am I the only one that finds Tokes’ face expressionless all the time? Her face is always the same, flawless, plastic, devoid of emotion. Her eyes, always blank; no smizing.
    @Bellanaija, post my comment, you seldom do.

• Olu

September 18, 2015 at 5:57 pm

You are the only one.
      ..and congrats, you finally ‘bullied’ BN into posting your comment..smbh

• O

September 18, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Calm down, not trying to start anything.

• I agree

September 19, 2015 at 1:42 am

So true. I love her but I struggle with this everytime I see her face. Same look. Same stare. Same everything. This one is even creative I tell you. It’s usually the same hair same expression, same make-up. At least here we see a little life.

• Damilola

September 19, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Toke face is an example of, “fierce gone wrong”. And she’s trying to pull of the no smiling Kim k, you know that’s her idol. She always looks odd in her pics bcos she’s trying way too hard to be “fierce”.

3. bruno

September 18, 2015 at 5:33 pm

dear mania magazine, for u people to refer to toke makimwa as “new generation” it clearly shows u people don’t know what ur doing.

how can toke makinwa be the new generation, how old is she?

“class of 2015” really? u had to copy that caption from teen vogue. lol
    nigerians and their love for copying.

• Carol

September 18, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Lmao I was going to say teen vogue too! Smh…Nigerians do have a lot of creativity to do. This picture looks depressing. She has no neck. The concept doesn’t make sense. Toke knows how to take selfies but come magazine she looks dead all the time. The photographs can’t even help. BACK TO LUPITAS VOGUE SHOOT.

4. MiaJadore

September 18, 2015 at 5:36 pm

So where is Toke? I love how all her pictures always look nothing like the real Toke in real life.

5. Mostest

September 18, 2015 at 6:29 pm

@miajadore. Lmao. Whenever I see her pictures I just laugh. We know what toke looks like but hey, if she’s making money off filters and photoshop, all well and good. That being said, I would never have thought kelechi amadi obi would succumb to this overuse of Photoshop. Picture doesn’t look real at all

September 18, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Your comment just reeks of envy! Subconscious but deep rooted envy. #liveandletlive

6. Happy

September 18, 2015 at 7:01 pm

You go girl! Make that money while the haters write value-less comments on BN!

7. Surely

September 18, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Horrible photo. I can just see layers of pancake on her face. Toke and Mania are better than this cover~!!

8. kemi

September 18, 2015 at 9:01 pm

lol Toke, a lot of your friends are not happy for your success

9. Miss_Flygerian

September 18, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Abeg na, these people should apply photoshop with the fear of God na. Warris all dis?

10. Teju

September 18, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Elo ni gbogbo yin ti gba lori comments yin bayi? Saaje wa? Se e ta? Lobbish!

11. Caligula

September 19, 2015 at 1:22 am

Okay, settle down guys! No fighting… just kidding. I’d like to think I’m objective with my opinions. I’m not a fan of Toke’s but…. Yall realize it’s the magazine that’s whack right? The makeup artist they hired used way too much makeup on her and their creative team over-edited the photos. It’s just whack, period – but it’s not because of her face. Even the floating head’ style turned out to be an epic fail. Blame the mag yo ?

12. Belinda

September 19, 2015 at 7:21 am

Toke looks great.

13. oluwadamilola

September 19, 2015 at 9:17 am

I am not a fan toke but I appreciate a woman’s hustle.

14. name