Scoop

We’re in #ShondaLand! Kerry Washington, Shonda Rhimes & More in SIX Covers for Essence Mag’s October ‘15 Issue

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Essence Magazine October 2015 BN

It really is Shonda’s world!

The TV producer has created hit series after hit series and as new seasons are about to start this September, her leading ladies are taking centerstage on several magazine covers.

From Entertainment Weekly to Essence Magazine, the #ThankGodItsThursday cast members are the names on everyone’s lips.

For a mega issue, Essence Magazine has released SIX covers with Kerry Washington, Viola Davis, Shonda Rhimes, Kelly McCreary, Jason W. George, Chandra Wilson and more.

It’s the house that Shonda built.

See the covers below.

COi5ojpW8AIN_54 Essence Magazine October 2015 BN (3) Essence Magazine October 2015 BN (1) Essence Magazine October 2015 BN (4) Essence Magazine October 2015 BN (2) Essence Magazine October 2015 BN (5)

Photo Credit: @essencemag (Twitter)

1. Tunmi

September 10, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Woooowwww!!!!! I love it all ???????

2. Brianna Chukwu

September 10, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Oh for goodness sake Essence
    Even blind stevie wonder knows Shonda is not like you have on the cover. She is fat , unkempt looking, and all over the place ‘I hate when a magazine wants to insult my intelligence with some fake photoshop . Even kerrys face looks different. Like Ebony Mag, this mag is going down the drain, Its bad enough blogs have taken over your market now you going to lie to us? NO ma’am – i aint buying it

• Truth

September 10, 2015 at 5:22 pm

She may be fat, unkempt and all over the place but she is more successful than you are. It is a glamour and beauty magazine, what did you expect?

3. bruno

September 10, 2015 at 4:07 pm

dear shonda rhimes, please give prof. annalise keating a new wig this season. that wig she wore through out season one was a nightmare. pls give her a good wig this season.

• Onetallgirl

September 10, 2015 at 7:03 pm

For once I agree with you Bruno. For a show that makes so much money you would think that the lead female would have a good wig.

• bruno aggressive

September 10, 2015 at 8:00 pm

” For once I agree with you Bruno”

like I give a shit if u agree with me. pls can u people jist stop this “bruno for once I agree with u” I dont f**king care if u agree with me or not. I am not commenting for u
      I am always right, so pls stop it. I dont need ur approval.

4. beauty

September 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Viola, stunning!

5. ILoveComfort

September 10, 2015 at 5:26 pm

So Empire vs Scandal vs Being Mary Jane – Who will win the rating this fall.
    anyway sha, I am going to get my nice silky fluffy throw from Costco (i saw for $25) and waiting for my new sofa to be delivered. This fall i will doing a lot of curling up on my sofa, drinking tea and watching shows on my new 6o inch HD. Ohhh I love falls. Not too hot not too cold, just cool and air smellning of pumpkin spice and lots of good shows on tv.

Naija shebi you people you too you celebrate fall too abi? Naija the copy copy nation, they celebrate Fall, Winter , Spring and Summer. Right about now they are preparing for Halloween, and Thankgsging. When will you ever be original 🙂 🙂 🙂 Copy Copy nation.

• Been a while....

September 10, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Since I saw a comment as DAFT and FOOLISH as yours.

Wtf does “fall” have to do with anything?

Get a life, dufus!!

• Brunoesque comment

September 10, 2015 at 6:52 pm

This is such a Brunoesque comment!!! Such foolishness. Kmt

6. fume

September 10, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Doctor Bailey looking hot. Annalise/villa’s wig was okay o hmm they’ve come and she chose that original look of no wig at some point to make it more realistic.

7. Ruth

September 11, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Lol @bruno… “I’m always right” buh a Hahaha….. Pls swerve. Always right my foot, no body on this earth is always right… Most of the time, u re wrong, dead wrong in fact… Always negative, never has anything useful to say… There is a difference between constructive criticism and just being plain dumb, a hater n a sadist, which is what n who u re….