Career

A Nigerian Owned Digital Company in the UK is Changing the Lives of Nigerians in Diaspora & at Home

BellaNaija.com

dbt 1
Over the last 10 years, Career Insights, a subsidiary of Digital Bananas Technology Limited in the UK has been adding extreme value to the lives of Nigerians in Diaspora. With over 330 success stories being rolled out each year, Nigerians in the UK & Canada have been securing life changing digital project management and business analysis roles paying up to £132,000 a year, that’s an equivalent of N48 million a year. This year, on the 14th of November 2015, Digital Bananas Technology will be hosting their 2nd DBT Awards ceremony.

dbt 2
Career Insights is the brain child of Keji Giwa, founder and CEO of Digital Bananas Technology and each year, all successful candidates are celebrated at the DBT Awards ceremony. The DBT Awards was introduced in 2014 to reward excellence, innovation and hard work of its candidates. Since the launch of the first award ceremony, the company has gained recognition among employers and recruiters as the go-to place for hiring the best digital Project Management and Business Analysis professionals.

This year 2015, they have received a record number of high-quality entries, seeing an increase in success stories by 65% percent above 2014 entries! Digital Bananas Technology also became an accredited digital training company by the Digital Marketing Institute. They are now licensed to train and accredit UK and Nigerian delegates at diploma & masters level in digital marketing coupled with practical work experience in delivering digital solutions. Through the prowess of the digital medium, they now have over 2,600+ plus professionals within their ecosystem and support groups, adding value through personal mentoring and eLearning facilities.

dbt 3
With over 100,000 fans on Facebook, all their candidates’ success stories are shared on their Facebook page. These candidates have secured life changing roles with companies such as Shell, HSBC, Barclays, Accenture, Oracle, Microsoft, Royal Bank Of Scotland and so much more. As they prepare to set up their work based learning centre in Nigeria this 2016, we felt it was only appropriate to showcase the immense value they have added to the lives of Nigerians in diaspora and let our fellow Nigerians know they are setting up in Nigeria pretty soon.

They deliver a complete overview of the essential digital marketing disciplines, giving their candidates a competitive edge over their peers when it comes to securing project management and business analysis roles globally. The best part of the Digital Bananas platform is that you can gain practical work experience from anywhere in the world and in your own time. The platform bridges the gap between qualification and expertise. A great deal of people have the knowledge gained from a degree or masters but lack the applicable understanding and work experience required to be hired by top blue chip companies.

dbt 4
Digital Bananas leverages your time and energy as well as amplify your impact so as to unlock your true income potential! Their popular training arm Career Insights, offers a fully comprehensive and well blended work based learning environment with senior leadership workshops, innovative projects to work on, inspirational sessions, as well as 1-to-1 mentoring to help over 30 candidate secure life changing roles each month. At Career Insights, they are not just trainers but also passionate researchers, analysts, consultants and most importantly, practitioners. Meaning, the insight and advice you get is completely up to date and relevant to your chosen industry so you can be confident what you are learning is cutting edge. The best thing about what Digital Bananas Technology does is their ability to empower their candidates to take the big leap and launch their own start up companies regardless of the industry they specialise in.

dbt 5
This year they saw Nadine Wright launch her own fashion clothing line, Boastie at the London fashion week House of Ikons show. The show was a complete success for Nadine and it followed up with immediate orders from major high street stores and fashion buyers.

dbt 6
She was able to do this through the work experience gained from Project Managing and Business analysing a number of projects within Digital Bananas Technology. For the first time ever, they will be showcasing Boastie’s 2015 high quality Collection at the DBT Awards to celebrate her success.

Watch the 2014 Award Ceremony Coverage below:

Learn more about Career Insights: http://www.careerinsights.tv | Visit the DBT Awards Ceremony: www.dbtawards.co.uk | Learn more about Digital Bananas Technology: www.digitalbananas.co.uk

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial– Sponsored Content

1. ..

October 22, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Keji need to learn to respect his candidates , its a good platform but the guy is super RUDE !

• Career Insights Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Please get a life!

October 23, 2015 at 9:49 am

Hi there,

This is Keji here. I felt it important to respond to your feedback. We here at DBT are glad you feel our platform is good and we will continue to improve in order to continue adding value in the best way possible.

My sincere apologies if my training approach comes across rude, it is not my intention in anyway. As we have said to every single candidate that walk through our doors, this is not your conventional training centre, it’s a work based learning environment that reflects the real world because we are dealing with real budgets, real timelines and more importantly real clients with expected deliverables. Mistakes will not be tolerated on the job and we like to make sure you don’t make any when you start earning the big bucks.

The training is not for everyone because it’s more or less a boot camp where you are grilled, deliberately put under pressure and mistakes are not tolerated.

You want to earn up to £11k a month as a PM or BA in 8-12 weeks with no prior experience however being all nice about your mistakes will not get you there. We literally have to pack years of experience into you within a short space of time. That requires pressure and pain. No pain no gain.

I really do apologise for how I come across however please note that I mean well and doing it only for your own good.

The results speak for themselves. This is the main reason we host an award each year to celebrate those who went through the furnace and came out stronger and more successful in their careers.

I am also extremely honnored to have successful candidates fight our corner with their positive comments however I understand your frustration and as much as I will like to say I will tone down our strict, no nonsense, zero tolerance for mistakes approach, I cannot because it will affect our success rates.

That aside, I apologise for how myself or anyone in my team may have made you feel.

If you have still not secured your role, pls get in touch with me directly and let’s see how best to help you but never give up.

I want to celebrate you too as one unhappy customer is against our policy: Leave no one behind. Succeed with everyone.

I hope this helps

Regards

Keji Giwa

• seun

October 23, 2015 at 10:46 am

Grow a backbone . They don’t pamper you in the real world son/daughter.

• Adore

October 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Hey there, thank you for commenting, we appreciate your feedback and we take it on board and look at satisfying your requests, please feel free to get in touch for further information.

October 23, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Earning up to £132,000 a year as a PM or BA contractor is not something you earn drinking baby food and candidates who are now a living testimonies can confirm that.

Come here with a can do attitude knowing you are going to be drilled and expected to deliver under extreme pressure. Focus on making right your wrongs until you achieve perfection then apply yourself out there.

We make success stories out of people and unfortunately it comes with a lot of pain. No pain no gain

• Sholicious

October 23, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Well done Keji for giving people an opportunity to develop themselves! I have gained so much since joining CI and wish you nothing but SUCCESS

2. Career Insight Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Keji needs to learn to respect people , Candidates pay £550 to gain work experience which is a decent price but he needs to listen and respect people ( people on your platform have masters and advanced professional qualifications , do not speak to them like brainless kids, people tolerate your attitude because they are desperate to find a job in UK). I hope this comment guides you in making wise decisions.

• Oyinua Fumudoh

October 22, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Hi,
      I always try to get people to understand that Keji Giwa is the CEO of a rapidly expanding company, with a huge portfolio of interests to cater for. When you interact closely with people like him who have such huge responsibilities on their shoulders, you quickly learn that time is a luxury and one cannot sugar coat things all the time. I see so many cases where people like Keji are almost always misunderstood because people take their comments to heart and miss the point completely. Really unfortunate.

If you are a candidate on Keji’s platform, then you know that one simply cannot put a price on the value provided by Career Insights. Still, Keji insists on discounting the training price from £1400 to £550, and allows trainees to gain work experience FREE of charge, just to help people who really need a change in their career. The results clearly speak for themselves with so many people getting life changing jobs everyday. It’s better for you to encounter your difficulties dealing with stakeholders in-house, make your mistakes, learn your lessons before going out there, than learning all this on a job where you could get fired.

I don’t know what your motivation is but you sound like you are after a cosy environment, which would probably not stimulate you or prompt you to get up and out. If Keji decides to pamper your ego, how would you learn to to deal with difficult stakeholders? How many ‘nice’ interactions does Alan Sugar have with his proteges? It’s all part of a package, it’s part of what drives you to get what you need from the system and move on. We want you to come in, get what you came for and move on.

If you have any specific issues the proper thing to do would be to contact our dedicated training consultants, failing that escalate your issue to myself or our Caroline and Adore, our program directors. Taking to a completely external platform does not resolve your issues.

If you are part of an existing project, please contact me (Oyinua, Head of Digital) directly. If you are not, contact Alaere our Head of Mentoring.

Regards.

• Annienonymous

October 22, 2015 at 2:03 pm

This is so true!! Not to take away from the good work he’s doing but Keji’s attitude is unbelieveable.. A little respect goes a long way and never forget, people are paying you to provide them a service. There’s no need to snap at a paying client because they didnt understand you… For a teacher/tutor, you are impatient and rude. Again, you provide a good service. Please take this as constructive criticism.

• Kat

October 22, 2015 at 7:13 pm

The thing is I believe prepares you for a true project environment. This is a perfect balance of theory and practical. Some are too sensitive, the realistic point is that project teams have varying opinions and attitudes. He got me ready I enjoyed the agency and will be back Kat

• Adebiyi

October 23, 2015 at 8:35 am

Hey, keji thinks on the spot and expects you to do the same. He’s a business man as well as a teacher not a lecturer. PMs and BAs think on the spot. Keji makes sure that you get a bit of both worlds , A very good boss and a very rude boss. You want work experience ? That’s how you get it. Imagine you get a job that pays you £500/day and you have a boss that is three times as rude. What in this world would you do? And come to think of it, keji is a very friendly person outside careerinsights. So everything you see or go through while you are with Careerinsights trains you to withstand any situation you might find yourself when you get a job. So please pocket all your qualifications so that you can learn more things. Cheers.

October 23, 2015 at 9:50 am

Hi there,

I hope this helps

Regards

Keji Giwa

• Anonymous

October 23, 2015 at 10:01 am

You are absolutely right, his mouth runs away with him and can be quite offensive. Saying that, his method does push one to better themselves and sharpen up fast. No excuse to be made for him and I would definitely take that as a constructive criticism. However, he’s approach puts the real world into prospective. I now work for one of the biggest companies and our ceo, directors and sponsors are, omg!!! Worse than Keji. Alot of the times you don’t meet them but when you do, there is extreme arrogance, rude is an understatement and serious politics goes on in the company. I remember saying to myself, I might not like how keji speaks to people or what he says, but I Thank God for him as he got me ready to meet these ‘vultures’ -lol, and how to react to them to avoid conflicts, job threatening or so. I remember calling him at least twice to ask him why he spoke to us or our presenter the way he did. He apologised jot just to me but our group and our presenter, and explained that he was trying to get us to experience how it is in the real world. He sure was BANG ON and because of that, I always tell people that join dbt to build an armour cover as this is the place to power up. Keji has opened up this platform for us to make mistakes to get us ready for the real world. If this platform wasn’t open, our mistakes, simple or not, could get us sacked – something I’m sure you or no one will like to experience.

• Kingsley

October 23, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Absolute nonsense! If being rude fetches job in the street am sure everyone will one will go to employers and say ‘Sir or Madam’ pls can you be rude to me and give me a job? You must be the first person to say this and you need to look at your attitude towards things rather than trying to blame your misfortunes on others. What a saddest!

3. person

October 22, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Two words: sponsored content.

October 23, 2015 at 9:51 am

Not sure it’s illegal to sponsor content in order to create awareness and exposure however point taken.

Thanks

Keji

4. Career insights candidate

October 22, 2015 at 2:10 pm

What a fantastic opportunity career insights gave me ! From getting a job , to being part of the mentoring team and getting the opportunity to help more people. The fountain of knowledge is priceless. Keji is a great inspiration to so many of us !

5. Timothy Oyetunde

October 22, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Hi gentle man…I don’t know what you are talking about…I am a testimony and a beneficiary of this great initiative,I’m also a business owner before moving to the UK. I joined career insights, gained knowledge and secured a senior role in one of the World’s leading organization recently…the thing is to be successful in whatever you are doing, you have to be thorough..though a few people might misinterprete this as something else…being focused and thorough in his dealing’s is probably one of the secrets of his success…for me I do not think so..

6. Ade Olatunde

October 22, 2015 at 2:26 pm

This is good news for both Nigerians in diaspora and back home. I have learnt a lot from Keji and his team in Career Insights and DBT UK. Yes, we Nigerians don’t like being spoken too like kids but what really matters is the substance and the value gained from the programme.

I attended the course in 2013 and got my first BA job a few months afterwards – so this is me again saying a big thank you to Keji, Career Insights and DBT.

Ade

7. Jon

October 22, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I used to think his harshness and bluntness was unbecoming but after securing a role as a Senior Business analyst with one of the top banks I realised that that bluntness was actually instrumental in enabling me deal with the high level stakeholders you engage with in multi billion pound businesses.

These are people who rely on your input in making key decisions and have no time to waste in niceties.

I am grateful for the opportunity I had to learn using Keji’s ecosystem and am now REAPING bountifully.

8. Keji's Voltron

October 22, 2015 at 2:51 pm

If you have a problem with how Keji talks to people, then you my friend are not ready for the real world, the guy knows his onions and i will say getting coached by him is a privilege.
    I suggest you leave your pride at the door and get your hands dirty.

9. ABIMBOLA ADELEKE

October 22, 2015 at 2:54 pm

As a proud Alumni of DBT, I worked as a PMO Lead, Project Manager and Deputy Programme Manager and was a nominated finalist in the 1st ever Awards night in 2014, I think I am in a position confirm that Keji is indeed a blessing to everyone who understands the dynamics of the Project Management world and how difficult it is to secure any role therein without the much desired experience. Keji has provided a platform to bridge that gap for a lot people who are ready to “get their hands dirty”. I find the comments disparaging the person of Keji Giwa as terribly misguided, I think it is very unfair to say such words about him, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet especially with his status in the industry. I recommend Stakeholder Management for people who think Keji is rude….you will run for cover, if you meet some of the stakeholders I currently deal with on a day-to-day basis in one of the top 4 Management Consulting companies in the UK. The Keji I know is always ready to help. Let us appreciate him and not give in to unnecessary Phd (Pull him down) syndrome! Long Live Career Insights & DBT!

10. O T

October 22, 2015 at 2:54 pm

I did felt a bit scared when I needed to present to Keji for the first time, funny he was nice to me.
    He once told us that he had to be tough on us to prepare us to deal with Stakeholders, this has really build my confidence with Senior Stakeholders indeed
    Guess what, absolutely no regret!

11. Anonymous

October 22, 2015 at 2:58 pm

People need to grow up and stop being too sensitive. Keji provides a service that most people will gladly pay over a thousand pounds for but the problem with most people is that they like being spoon fed. More power to your elbow Keji.

12. Oluwaseun Balogun

October 22, 2015 at 2:58 pm

If there was ever a platform to publicly thank Keji and his team, this is that platform. I am eternally grateful because I was unemployed for 2 years, struggled to get a job and scared I may not be able to get a work visa to stay in the UK until someone introduced me to Keji’s program. I was warned before going there though. My friend told me that the guy does not take nonsense and he will put you through hell but in the end it will be worth it. I trusted my friend and to God who made me, I don’t think the guy is rude. I think he is blunt, straight to the point, does not sugar coat things and tells it as it is. If you present a project plan thats not up to scratch he will tell you it’s rubbish. Personally I think he wants the best for everyone that comes on his program. The truth is when I secured my first PMO role, I thank God I went through hell with Keji cause dealing with stakeholders became a piece of cake for me. One of my strongest skills now that constantly helps me move from contract to contract is my excellent stakeholder management skills.

I just want to say a big thank you to Keji, the entire DBT team of trainers, mentors and the program office. These guys truly give 110% and truly want you to succeed. Just think of this, who on earth, helps you secure a job and then hosts an award ceremony to celebrate your success free of charge. Please find me that person.

13. Lola

October 22, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Dear anonymous and career insights candidate,
    I would assume your concerns are borne out of lack of experience. Keji has a reputation and name to protect so if that is how you interpret his actions then re-evaluate because “no man would like to see his sweat go down the drain all because of another man’s failings” if in doubt ask Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Steve Jobs ( God bless his soul) and Bishop Oyedepo.
    If you’ve had an issue with the work in DBT then that is because you did not know what you were asked to do, did not clarify either or seek assistance from people who did. Remember no one begged you to go on his course, you did voluntarily so you should have resolved within yourself to deal with whatever “s**t” they have to offer. If your degree and advanced qualification could get you the job then you wouldn’t be on his platform in the first instance (no need to be desperate to get a job in the UK go elsewhere). There is no servant that becomes a master without going through a process so why not take the manner in which he has spoken with a light heart and humility and learn rather than let your ego of qualifications and achievement rule your judgement. God bless Keji, God bless DBT, God bless us all.

14. ako

October 22, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Read through this piece twice and still having problems understanding what is being communicated. Can someone explain in simple words what they do, so we know were toplugin in and help each other

15. Career Insight Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Career Insight crew .. I am glad you are all revealing your true attitude on a public Platform .. A simple apology will do the Trick,… Humility is everything!!!

• Oluwaseun Jerry Ogunbiyi

October 22, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I want to believe not agreeing with your lob-sided and fantasy workworld opinion is ‘revealing true attitude’. If that is what you’re looking for it probably wouldn’t happen as people mature people see thongs as it is in the real world. I bey you will tell your boss at work to apologise if they tell you something you don’t want to hear or better tell Sir Alan Sugar to apologise to apprentice candidates if he says something they don’t like. One word for you: grow up.

• Career Insights Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 3:57 pm

There is nothing to apologise for.

• Career Insights Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 3:57 pm

There is nothing to apologise for

• X-Factor

October 22, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I agree 100%
      The career insights team/owner a.k.a Career Insights Candidate & Candidate at Career Insights on this trail has a lot to learn…..I ll recommend you read a book titled GOOD to GREAT ( by Jim Collins)…..Special Emphasis on Level 5 leadership…

Wishing you God Speed

• semesee

October 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm

you are a genius ! My exact thoughts.

October 23, 2015 at 9:55 am

Hi there,

I personally feel honoured and extremely appreciated by the support shown by existing and past candidates who are now very successful in their careers. It says a lot about what we do and the value they add.

I have also taken on board the feedback from a few others, there is no such thing as negative feedback just opinions, issues and recommendations that needs to be addressed. I have done my best to address issues raised and I appretiate the encouragement from our DBT alumni. It means the world to me personally. Thank you all.

Regards

Keji

• Adore

October 23, 2015 at 1:06 pm

You are absolutely right, on behalf of DBt we apologize for any way you may have felt any misconduct towards you. We wish you all the best in all your endeavours. Kind Regards.

16. Rachael

October 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I was part of Keji’s training and to be honest it wasn’t all fun but in reality life is not always fun. Like I tell people I don’t know Keji from anywhere but I will never forget the fact that attending his training laid a foundation on which I built my career with the help of God.
    I learnt quickly to focus on the reason why I was at career insights. Which was to take as much learnings as possible, build on that and better my lot which by the grace of God worked out well for me. I initially didn’t understand why Keji seemed very blunt when it came to giving feedbacks on work done by candidates. But as time went on I realised that doing that helped prepare me for the real world. Keji presents himself as a difficult stakeholder which i see as all part of the learning process. You will find that in a project environment you encounter such, how do you deal with them. What is your main motive and goal for coming to career insight? You need to identify this and focus on achieving that. I think we sometimes have too much expectations from other people and when some of those expectations are not met then u get disappointed and ignore other values added by them.
    My experience at career insight helped prepare me for a career that I knew was going to be challenging.
    I would implore that we learn to see the good in people and extol their virtues and if you have a personal reservation with Keji why don’t you resolve it one on one.

17. Career Insight Candidate

October 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I agree with Oyinua. I have had the opportunity of being trained by Keji and I don’t find him rude. He may come across as being direct however most successful CEOs have an element of this in them, e.g. Alan Sugar as mentioned above and Michael O’Leary.

Keji has given his time and resources to change people’s lives and we need to appreciate him for that rather than trying to destroy him and his business. How many people out there would offer you a course for the peanut Keji is charging along with work experience, video tutorials and a mentoring programme? I was able to secure a job in 4 months through this hands on training.

I don’t think it is about the qualifications people hold. I have a BSc. Hons in Computing Studies and over 15 years’ experience in the IT industry and yet I felt the need to attend the course as I needed a career change. We need to learn to be humble and swallow our pride.

To the anonymous person, being anonymous shows you are still part of the training programme. If Keji is so rude, why haven’t you packed your bags and get your training somewhere else? I wonder if you would go public when the CEO of the company you work for speaks to you in the way you feel is unacceptable to you?

Please let us support ourselves and not pull each other down. Remember what goes around comes around. Whatever you sow is what you will reap, in good measure pressed down and shaken together. Selah!

• Annienonymous

October 22, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I’m not anonymous…. I am ‘Annie’nonymous.

18. Tope Atoyebi

October 22, 2015 at 3:25 pm

What is it with people and respect? Did you come for the training because you want keji to respect you or because you you want to learn and gain work experience that will help open door to a big new career foryourself. Just because keji doesn’t sugar coat things doesn’t mean he is rude besides his hard earned cash are being used for the projects you work on to gain work experience. People will pick at anything to try and bring anyone down. I for one admire his business acumen plus he is changing lives. Fact!

19. Jabhi

October 22, 2015 at 3:46 pm

it’s confusing what is going on here, communication gone wrong. what do you guys do? too much choked into one story… no focal point. it’s important to streamline and don’t confuse people because you want to get your money’s worth. That being said, I am quite impressed, looks like a young team doing Ok.

• Dan

October 22, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Hi Jabhi,

We change people’s lives daily by giving them an opportunity to practice the art of business analysis and project management. We mentor them and teach them how to manage live projects, experiencing the full project lifecycle towards the delivery of high quality digital products. Please have a look on digitalbananas.co.uk for an idea of some products we deliver and more information about the tools we teach people to use.

Hope this helps.

Dan

20. Aisha Bello

October 22, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I am a proud alumni of Career Insights/Digital Bananas having gone on the training, done some work experience on two projects and successfully got a job out of the whole process. Keji actually prepares you for the real world. I have been able to use my experience from Digital Bananas to effectively manage high level stakeholders in the organisation that I work in as a Programme Coordinator. The job advert for my current role didn’t tell me I will have to interact with the Chief Executive and all Chief Officers of the organisation but I am having to do this on the job now. I am certain that I am able to do this with the ease and confidence that I never knew I could muster because of my work experience at Digital Bananas. I will always be grateful for Keji’s tough love and the work experience that I got from Digital Bananas. Let’s learn to give credit and honour when it’s due and not bring ourselves down. It’s a learning curve and trust me when I say that there are a lot more difficult stakeholders out there in the real world. Their styles of difficulty may vary but it’s all about learning to manage them and crossing barriers to get the job done. It’s nothing personal.That’s part of the job description of Project Management/Business Analysis.

21. Candidate at Career Insights

October 22, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Thank you Oyinua Fumudoh, your comment has pretty much saved me from all I was going to write coming across the negative comments on here. I understand people are entitled to their own opinion and also can voice them. But does that have to be at every medium? What happened to contacting career insights and giving this feedback if you meant well with it. Since you all are supposedly ‘candidates’. This post is meant to inspire and encourage people especially Nigerians (For the DBT new launch in Nigeria), and yet someone found the need to leave a negative comment, trying to create a negative atmosphere on here.

Well I am a candidate too at DBT and here is my honest opinion. Keji, taught my group for the intensive session and asides that I attend his meetings. I love to attend any meeting Keji is present in bc I leave the meetings even more inspired, and the hunger to move mountains is amplified. If you find the push you need as being ‘rude’ then I am sorry, you are not ready and willing to work for what you need. Making reference to the fact you pay is ridiculous. I paid too. What I paid is absolutely nothing to all that’s available. Paying also does not mean you have to be spoon fed. Bc this is exactly what the people that left the comments are trying to say. You literally want someone to sit you on their laps and feed you. I am sorry that can’t happen. Even your parents cannot feed you anymore at this point in your life. I haven’t met any baby at DBT so far. Everyone I have come across are adults and driven by a hunger for something. To succeed and much more. You need to sit and figure out what you want if you are really a candidate at DBT.
    From all I have seen Keji do, he does not even need anyone’s money if you are not willing to work. It’s as simple as that. It is only those who are not willing to work, LAZY that will have anything negative to say about Keji and DBT.

Contrary to the ‘impatience and rude’ comment on here, I found Keji’s lessons during my 5 day intensive course so interactive and I wished he had taught me for my BSc and MSc (s). Seriously. Keji is actually patient in my opinion. Most of all he taught me are all stuck in my head, I believe part of the reason is how he goes over things, over and over, his strategies, asking questions, patiently working through with you whilst you answer. Abeg, none of my lecturers ever taught me that way in the University. Uni and Msc cost me over £40k. Anyways I will stop right here. No matter how good a person is, you will always find that one person that will never be satisfied. Sadly in this day and age, majority of people have no peace within them and all they do is carry negative vibes around. You all will be fine.

22. Timi K

October 22, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Keji what can I say. Many are called but chosen are many. I am one of your candidate and got a job in one of top 3 bank in UK. Good to know you are in Nigeria to change livess like you did in UK. So many people are jealous of you cos they wish to be like you. I salute you and thanks. I didn’t receive my invitation for awards o. Maka y :).

23. Jon

October 22, 2015 at 4:49 pm

I commented earlier and I felt the need to come back and address certain points as well.

1) for those asking what career insights is about.
    It is a learning platform where you are taught the fundamentals of Project Management, Business Analysis, and the general Project Environment.
    After the training you are encouraged to participate in live projects of the parent company Digital Bananas Technology where you can put what you have learnt into practice. (Note: DBT is not a fake or trial company, this is a company that builds applications, develops software and undertakes other IT related developmental projects)

As a Business Analyst on one of the projects I started out taking minutes at meetings then I progressed to writing Issue reports and checkpoint reports, after which I was allowed to partake in preparing service level agreements, writing Business and Validation rules for the web app being developed. With time I was given a lead role in writing the Epics, breaking them down into user stories, prioritising those in the product backlog and also then the creation of the wireframe sand Entity relationship diagrams.

It is a platform where honestly you learn a lot if you know why you are there.

2) The cost: at a cost of £550 it is really cheap and worth it if you consider how much you command in the market place.

My first role was as a Senior Business Analyst for a top bank and as a contractor you make that money you paid with change to spare in two days.

You can just search for Business Analyst or Project Manager contract positions in the UK to confirm this.

God bless.

24. X-Factor

October 22, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Naaaa…. this is not how to go about this, I thought I was assuming stuff but I decided to deploy some scientific psychology methodology and…. hey! I just cross checked the diction, style and writing flow of these two commentators CANDIDATE AT CAREER INSIGHTS & CAREER INSIGHTS CANDIDATE and it matches that of the founder on the Facebook page…. less 3% likely error rate (again please note the S at the end of the word insight one major cue)
    Again, I will advise you , dude there is something as combining professional will with personal humility….
    Akionla I see you… you for tell you guy make him chill small naa… Just saying!!!

Again, No hate, I wish you God Speed as you evolve into a global force

October 23, 2015 at 9:58 am

I can assure you that I am not any of those mentioned. I think they are existing candidates with different opinionated feedback and we will take them all on board.

Not too sure how scientifically proven or correct your Philosophy is though as this is me now commenting.

Regards

Keji

25. Leslie

October 22, 2015 at 5:07 pm

I honestly wonder what one would mean by saying, Keji doesn’t respect!
    How many of us get to interact with the CEO of a company in England or wherever you come from?

I work in a reputable insurance company and had my breakthrough after going through Keji’s training.

I don’t ever get the chance to speak with my manager, other than on a professional level, and to talk of the CEO!

I don’t know Keji from anywhere, but a few times I’ve had the opportunity to interact with him, he’s been cordial, as far as I’m concerned.

We also need to read about the personality profiles of human beings to understand where they are coming from and how they interact with every situation before we judge them wrongly.

26. e mi ni

October 22, 2015 at 6:24 pm

I have no knowledge of your organisation, which may well be commendable and better the lives of the candidates who train with you, however, i am surprised by the response that you have given to the commentator.
    If you’re going to compare yourself to large corporations and ceos, then also implement their strategy for reputation damage control on social media. Either stay silent or respond with ‘we apologise you feel this way, kindly get in contact with us directly and we will try to resolve the issue’.
    Your response should not be to defend and attempt to deny or trivialise the grievance of the customer, particularly when you are unaware of the full facts of their particular complaint.
    What I have learned from the going back and forth is that the customer who complained is probably right, but you feel justified in your actions and that he has no right to complain because other ceos behave like that e.g.. alan sugar. Just because someone behaves that way doesnt make it right and employers who behave that way expose themselves to employment litigation. I specialise in employment law and companies have to enter into confidential financial settlement agreements all time for the offence management cause as their actions lead to harassment and bullying claims.
    Furthermore, what you have done is not wise and it puts off potential customers.
    I hope you’re able to take this on board and I wish your business success!

• Oluwaseun Jerry Ogunbiyi

October 22, 2015 at 10:51 pm

FYI It’s those whose lives has been change by the organization that are responding as to what benefits they have derived from the organisation

October 23, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Thanks for this. Point well taken. Please note

27. Not going to add my name

October 22, 2015 at 6:51 pm

As a past candidate and reading through all the comments, it beginning to sound like a broken record. People like myself who have benefited a great deal from securing a BA role after completing my training have nothing but appreciation and gratitude for DBT. We value what Keji put us through which someone called tough love however those who don’t put in the work required and expect to be spoon fed always have to find someone to blame. Before I came to DBT a few people told me not to go but I couldn’t ignore the success stories I kept on getting on my facebook page. I felt, let me go and see for myself and today I praise God i never listened to those people who by the way are still struggling to make ends meet.

The guy is not rude from my experience. If what you are doing is wrong he will tell you and not pat you on the back for it. When you get it right, he will affirm and assure you. What makes me laugh is that you can clearly see results yet you still complaining about a method that works. I beg go on so on. You have my fully support Career Insights and team DBT.

28. Kunle

October 22, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Wow! Keji continues to build and develop people with his immense knowledge and wealth of experience in Project Management, Business Analysis/Management, eCommerce/mCommerce and Digital domains. I’m really delighted that you are taking CI to Nigeria, I can’t but wish you the very best out there and excited for the teeming Nigerians that would benefit greatly.

Is Keji rude? No, it’s called confident, desire and passion to get the best out of every candidates, so they can get good ROI. The choice is yours, glass half-full, full or empty!

One of the critical success factors for any or aspiring project management professional is the ability to manage and work collaboratively with different stakeholders (demanding C-level execs, happy/sad line managers, slacking direct reports, ITK Admin, irate stakeholders, good/bad guys, annoying team members, greedy suppliers etc.).
    If you can’t identify the above listed characters and deal with them accordingly at CI, then I’m afraid you are wasting your time. This is simply because you will experience these stakeholders and many more on that dream job and guess what, your tolerance level will be tested as well as emotional intelligence.

More power to your elbow, Keji. Please don’t stop touching lives, you are a blessing to this generation.

29. Tutu

October 22, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I think people tend to misunderstand Keji, you need to bare in mind he his the CEO of a large & busy organisation most of the time I have approached him for assistance on things not clear about, he’s ever ready to help. The problem here is that some people just want to be spoon fed without thinking of how to be proactive with the learning process. If Keji is not available to answer you questions there are mentor in house who are able to attend to most of the candidates. I am a living testimony of career insights, been there made the most of resources available and secured a good job in a large IT consulting firm.

30. Anonymous

October 22, 2015 at 7:25 pm

One might find Keji’s ways a bit overbearing, scary or rude. To be honest, I am happy he is who he is as it has helped those of us to:
    Have confidence,
    Know how to handle the real sponsors in the real world
    Know or be ready for the real world when getting jobs
    Be Well spoken
    Be Team player
    Work smart not just hard.

He’s market is so competitive for what he provides and very niche.

If you are not ready to work, be ready for the real world, ready to achieve your goal/s, turn your dreams into reality, there’s no reason to take Keji Giwa’s course. Appreciate what he’s provided rather than condemning him otherwise, move away.

31. Jerry A

October 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Don’t really see what attitude and respect have to do with success. I will advice we all watch “UK prime minister question time”. I believe some people are mistaking been straight forward as disrespect. I enjoyed my time at career insight. I am also enjoying the success of being a well prepared business analyst, all thanks to Keji and his team.

32. Yetty

October 22, 2015 at 7:42 pm

I am very grateful for the platform Keji has provided to shape people’s career. The knowledge and experience I gained from his training gave me confidence during my interview which is also helping me on the job. A coin has two sides., it depends on what you can see. Yes he is a tough guy but that in itself is an advantage. It depends on how you see it. Because life may be challenging doesn’t mean you will stop living, it depends on how you see it. I got what I wanted out of his training …. The knowledge and experience to get and keep a good job. That’ was what I wanted and that was what I got… Simple. I wasn’t looking for his personality but to tap into his knowledge. He has a level of intelligence I pray to have. His problem solving skills and analytical skills are the type of skills I wish I could exhibit daily to make me outstanding. What can you see? Remember, it depends on what you can see.

33. Tomide Johnson

October 22, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Seriously, I am shocked to read negative comments about this great company changing lives positively. My wife enrolled with career Insight last year which eventually landed her dream job.
    I don’t know Keji personally but I am ever grateful to him
    To those of you posting negative comments, guess what? KEJI IS FULFILING HIS PURPOSE.

34. Vincent

October 22, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Ladies and gents lets focus on the positive side of what Keji is doing . No man is perfect. I think its more of passion than rudeness. The desire to raise strong industry trailbraisers. Allow it Pls

35. Dan

October 22, 2015 at 9:47 pm

DBT is synonymous with ‘getting your hands dirty’ and this means it’s not all that pleasant. However nature follows the same principle especially when you consider child birth, farming, processing gold, etc…..hope you’re getting the picture. When I won the award as best BA Tech Lead, the only thing I had to say was ‘wow getting your hands dirty does pay indeed’. Why? Because I followed those principles and reaped bountiful rewards to the point of speechlessness. Right now even with my elevated status, I still work with DBT both as a BA Tech Lead, a Senior BA and a BA Mentor because I need to be a part of this great platform for enabling great people for the future of all mankind. We are also good at weeding off the chaff which will always abound but this is mostly for the benefit of nurturing the people who come to us with great expectations, clear objectives, ambition and purpose.

We are totally bananas about everything digital but also about achieving greatness; it can be an unconducive environment for people without a passion to achieve greatness through hard work. Our mandate is about projecting the right image about Nigerians, re-introducing the world to the potentials of Nigerians and enabling Nigerians to contribute to the global digital ecosystem that makes life more pleasant for all on the planet. This is a great legacy we are proud to protect and nurture, we are not in the business of offending, despising, suppressing or discriminating against anyone but we are all about uplifting, transforming and empowering people, even non Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria, God bless DBT and God bless us all. #dbtforever

36. Chi

October 22, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I have no regret being part of the DBT/Career Insight family. Please give Keji a break. If you think it’s easy to set up a business or a like platform such as this organisation. Then give it a go. Stop the Phd (pull him down) syndrome and remember no one is perfect. We all have our shortcomings.

Remember it’s a tough world out there!!!!. So get drilled at home and outside you are ready to take on any challenge.

37. Lola

October 23, 2015 at 1:36 am

I am really that disappointed that anyone could find something negative to say about Keji. I have had a great time training with career insights and my exposure to the live project management environment and tools has been amazing. This was all set up by Keji and he has changed so many people lives via DBT platform. Keji has made sure that DBT is an exact mirror of other project management environments within other organizations like for example dealing with a difficult stakeholder. We deal with real life projects where you need to roll up your sleeves and do work required for successful project delivery. I don’t expect any who is lazy to be patt on the back, that doesn’t happen in the real world. So I believe the anonymous person with the rude comment must have misunderstood Keji.

38. Anonymous

October 23, 2015 at 2:52 am

Career Insights is a God send and did for my what it said on the tin and more. Provided training (and may I add cutting edge) in regards to project management and business analysis with the opportunity to gain work experience. As a result of this I gained true career insights. Personally, this changed my life as I can now apply for jobs that we’re not accessible to me before the training. The mentoring program is just the icing on the cake as you are taught how to effectively apply for work. This is how you then breakthrough and be where you want to be in life. Keji Giwa, Career Insights, DBT, I salute you!

Many thanks.

39. NaijaPikin

October 23, 2015 at 3:16 am

A lot of the comments seem to be coming from about 3 or so people. Lol

Kudos to this Keji guy for representing naija in a positive light in jand. However if the comments of rudeness are true, just take it as constructive feedback and work on it.

I worked for one of the top 5 largest healthcare companies in the world. Yes world. Company has had 11 CEO in its over 125 years and I had the privilege of meeting 2. Both of whom were very cordial, warm, even asked about the work I do for the company, cracked jokes and sent warm wishes to my fam.

So my point is, being a leader does not give people the right to be arrogant. It should be quite the opposite.

And if people are just trying to do bad belle for this Keji guy, may God frustrate your own hustles.

• Oluwaseun Jerry Ogunbiyi

October 23, 2015 at 8:35 am

You comment about comments coming from 3 people or so makes me laugh as I know at least 7 people on the post being a candidate myself that have been on the program and benefitted from it having gotten a job. A lot have gotten jobs that I personally know. So if you’re insinuating they are sponsored comments you are wrong. I am putting my full name as I use on all platform and anybody who are actively involved might know me and I am writing this at the prompting of no one as I have nothing to gain by doing so. Point of correction, I have one thing to gain which is the organisation’s reputation is not damaged so that those who I care about might benefit from it as I did sometimes in the future.

• nwanyi na aga aga

October 23, 2015 at 11:43 am

I sense Career Insight has a good motive but if customers complain about attitude my expectation would be that a Company of repute will take it as a constructive criticism and work on it. Being successful is not synonymous with arrogance. A few successful people are arrogant I know, but people in growing business do not have that luxury yet. I hope Career insight works on it. Being firm and being rude are two different things.

October 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I totally agree with you and we will take on constructive criticism.

• Anonymous

October 23, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Well done Keji, you are a great guy, you have a wonderful platform, you are changing lives and making an impact. Please take on-board the criticism, they are constructive. Please speak to your staff who have also taken the rude approach, it is terrible. I have been at meetings were words like disgusting, irritating and so on are used to criticize a piece of work. People are spoken to so rudely and it’s totally unprofessional. I think your staff think if Keji can do this, then I have the right to do this too. I won’t mention any names but I believe you must have received some complaints. Let them not destroy what you have built. We can emulate best practices in the professional environment. There are CEOS who are warm and gentle and still command respect. Having said that, may God continue to bless you.

40. Naija

October 23, 2015 at 6:42 am

In nigerian setting , a customer that provides a review of their personal experience is now an enemy . In the western world people leave reviews on Amazon , Argos , trip advisor , Youtube etc and the owners of the companies do not attack the client but look into the matter to improve their service . Nigeria will remain the same if the people do not change , no man is blameless , we all have flaws and we should learn to accept criticism without getting angry or being defensive . I guess it’s a cultural issue .

October 23, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Certainly not. I personally do not consider this candidate as an enemy.

I think the issue here is successful candidates who know the value are quick to jump to our support as anyone reading the negative feedback without understanding what we do here could take it as gospel.

As I said earlier, I do apologise for how we may have made the candidate feel however it’s not a deliberate act to be rude but to prepare candidates for the future. I am more than happy for the Candidate to contact me directly to address his/ her concerns

Regards

Keji

41. Wow

October 23, 2015 at 8:02 am

Na wa ooh .!!! All these spiritual curses for leaving a review

42. Reputation Management

October 23, 2015 at 8:14 am

It’s easy to feel defensive about negative feedback. hearing from any angry customer, no matter how irate, is an opportunity for greatness.

October 23, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I have to like your post too. We have a complaint handling system actually built by most of the candidates leaving positive feedback. If you need to speak to someone you can call us directly and speak to a training consultant, however we have an issue with dealing with an overwhelming flood of calls for the last year which we are trying to resolve as we grow.

As mentioned earlier, imagine the harshness as role play. It’s a deliberate act to prepare our candidates for the future however I do personally apologise in advance for those who may not understand.

If I have come across rude, I assure you it’s not my intention and as much as I will like to tone it down I would not be doing my prospective successful candidates any justice.

43. Olajumoke Osadola

October 23, 2015 at 9:12 am

As an ex DBT trainee and employee myself, I can confirm Keji’s platform and attitude is worth every bit of the experience you get. When you get a job and begin to do extremely well, you’ll find it’s absolute worth it. I am a senior consultant in one of the U.K. Big 4 banks and tell you what? Keji’s attitude is child’s play compared to what we have here. The road to greatness need not much smothering.

44. Larry

October 23, 2015 at 9:21 am

Naija people, we will always Nigeria. I thought this platform is meant to be for feedbacks…. All I noticed is people attacking and defending the Guy, leave your comment and go, don’t be too emotional and help a new person that wants a change of career.
    CEO everyone cannot have good things to say about you, the negative message is for you to adjust yourself. and for the good job that people are so emotional about I say well done.

October 23, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Feedback well taken however I can’t do much about the passion of successful candidates.

They are entitled to their own feedback too don’t you think?

• hadassah

October 24, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Hello Keji,

Great write-up about your company.
      I am interested in joining the programme for Nigeria.
      Would appreciate more information about that.
      Many Thanks and Regards

45. seun

October 23, 2015 at 10:56 am

Thank God for all the negative comments, they elicit the propagation of DBT’s good works. It certainly worked for me and I’m grateful to God for giving Keji the vision. If it didn’t work for you, move on . You will find a way elsewhere. DBT is blessed as Keji is, if you don’t believe in God, there’s karma. It helps people, even if they don’t pray the universe follows a certain law and that’s why DBT has grown massively with tentacles in all the big banks and industry in the UK. Nigeria watch out because you’re next to be taken over.

• Chinyere

October 23, 2015 at 11:54 am

This might be annoying but have to respond to your comment. Keji is truly a God sent to all diaspora in the UK . Through him, many people who would have ended up being care assistant, security, cleaner, kitchen assistant have secured live change roles as PM, Planner, BA, coordinator and PMO analyst.
      The so called Keji’s disrespectful attitude gave me the confidence and ability to learn fast. I remembe the first time I presented to Keji, his feedback/comment sent me back to drawing board when I realised I needed to improve on my learning. The result was a fantastic employment with a Mega company in the UK.
      DBT is not ready to trade the success of its candidates with such respect you are asking for. Let me ask you, did you come to find respect in DBT? Why don’t you focus on what you came for and leave respect out of this. Those who deserve respect don’t even ask for it.

46. Debbie Sho

October 23, 2015 at 11:01 am

Great to read about DBT I attended the training and grateful for the late night mentoring and meetings, it paid off and the support network is ongoing, the company empowers it’s student and also gives an opportunity for student to become paid mentors which is fantastic. The platform has changed my life. You get what you put in, as long as you remain focus. Keji we are proud of you and support the great work DBT is offering.

47. Sasha

October 23, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Amazing platform! Gained a lot. Keji is great but his receptionist Pearl is terrible for business, she is overbearing,condescending and extremely needs to learn some manners!!!
    Everyone hates her lack of decorum

48. Esemeje

October 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm

There is just one thing i have to say…
    Please Keji, when are you launching this program in Nigeria? and when you do, please consider Port harcourt city…
    I guess its more than one already…lol

October 23, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Most certainly will do

49. Man required

October 23, 2015 at 12:42 pm

I need a boyfriend , will I find one on the platform ?

October 23, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Funny enough with a 2,600+ strong ecosystem people have found each other and gotten married. There could be hope for you???

50. Safi

October 23, 2015 at 3:28 pm

As one who worked on various projects within DBT, which ultimately put me in good stead with employers what I will say is, don’t mistake the passion and drive to see others succeed as rudeness, often times we have all at one point or other in our lives needed a good dose of tough love, to get us achieving.

Do ponder on this !

51. Akinola

October 23, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Well…what can i say, i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. In life we win some and we lose some and whatever situation you find yourself in, just look for the positive part in the situation and focus on it. Whether Keji is rude or not doesn’t really matter. What you need to ask is if he is providing value to you. If he is, then take it, if he’s not then go. If you dont like where you are rather than complain, MOVE! you are not a tree.
    The training prepares you for real life scenarios. You will not always have a good and smiling boss, you might have a boss from the deepest trenches of hell and if you cant handle Keji’s “rudeness”, then how do you want to survive in the workplace where everyone is looking to question your competence and pass remarks on the work you do. My dear friend rather than complain, go and master the art of STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT if you are to survive in this industry.

@Xfactor i dont know what you are talking about oh. I cant shout abeg..lol

52. Keji Giwa

October 23, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Personally want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU for all your feedbacks.

We as a company have been immensely encouraged to keep changing lives and adding value.

We will also take on board concerns and issues people may have however please understand the nature of our work based learning centre. It’s tough love but it’s because we treat everyone on DBT as family.

Regards

Keji

53. gift

October 23, 2015 at 6:32 pm

H gift from Ibadan am a makeup artist , I love dis family .

54. Ben

October 23, 2015 at 8:42 pm

I am absolutely proud to join the well blessed DBT family in celebrating the successes of professionals who have been working so hard to achieve greatness. The path to career development requires critical, structured, strict and thorough examination of “what is” and “what is to be”. “Who am I now?” and “who do I want to be?”

Career Insights remains the best platform that I have ever met so far in bridging the gap between ‘knowledge’ and ‘experience’. She has attended to several varying range of professionals – accountants, bankers, engineers, lawyers, teachers, doctors, nurses, care assistants, pharmacists, designers, constructors, musicians, footballers, actors, politicians and many more. She saw them come and achieve even more but she did that through a system fantastically developed by Keji Giwa and his Co-founder. This is to respond to the ever growing demands of business analysis and project management in varying career fields.

So today we are not only celebrating Keji and his co-founders, but also the Career Insights platform, the DBT company and all the entire members and members-to-be. We therefore welcome will all pleasure all your goodwill messages and some critical comments. We assure you that we have taken those on board to analyse and develop. Psychology reveals that there are definitely different behavioural types in human nature. But be warned that it requires a lot more to understand these types of behaviors. Keji and all of us in DBT, respond to these demands in different ways. But thank God Keji has been so wonderful, analytic and constructive in managing the numerous numbers of candidates that join the beautiful ecosystem and their journey from getting training, experiencing live projects, getting jobs to actually mentoring others to achieve same. So let us not lose focus in pointing fingers on Keji I would like to direct you to actually celebrate the successes. We are all professionals and we expect people to be professional at all times.

I thought I was actually enjoying my admin job until I joined DBT. The platform challenged me so well that I had to resign from the admin role in NHS to actually soak myself with live projects to learn deeply about business analysis and project management. The experience has equipped me to a high extent to master a working framework in tailoring the new dimension of PRINCE2 Agile!!! Many thanks to Keji and to all of us. I am so proud to give all I have in the mentoring program and to be honest guys this is just the beginning because there are still so many success stories to come. I was celebrated last year and I am happy to celebrate the successes of so many others this year too.

I invite you all that are still contemplating on their career journey to contact us so we can have a better discussion and will definitely help you to move from “who am I now?” to “who do I want to be?”. Have you finished your studies or about to finish and you thinking of who to talk to on career development in project management and business analysis? We are Career Insights! Come to us and we can always help you. Do you know what you want? But just need a structured development? Are you already a professional in business analysis and project management? But need to keep your agile nature running very agile, then you are actually in the right place! We explore the unknown digital world, being bananas about technology and we have been nationally nominated as moving so fast in grasping INNOVATION!!!

55. nunulicious

October 24, 2015 at 12:47 am

90 comments and counting. nawa….
    e don do!

56. Yvon

October 24, 2015 at 1:17 am

Here’s another opportunity to share my success story.
    I completed my 4 days intensive training then got launched into what seemed like boot camp. I had no prior experience in PM/BA/QA etc.
    I was assured at the start that if I focused and used my time well I’d make it, and it worked.

I soon got to staying up late on BC for meetings, researches for Business Cases that needed to be fit enough to get a sign off pending presentation to Keji. The videos on on CI site came in handy as well.

The man is tough – no doubt about it – but I think there is a balance there. When you hear his story of where he’s come from you get inspired to pick up some of that drive and be hopeful that you too can change any unpleasant situation and achieve what only a few dare to envision.
    Sure, there is the difficult stakeholder part that we sometimes wish we didn’t have to deal with, but, as he would say – your experience is your story, when you get asked how you dealt with an difficult stakeholder in one of them interviews – you won’t need to think too hard to give answers.

It’s part of the training and prep for the real world. When I got in as BA/PM and realised how much was expected of me, dealing with stakeholders that would and wouldn’t corporate – I too soon got hard and talked tough, I had to deliver for the company to make money, no cutting corners, quality assured, plus as the only black person in the 2 company’s – I knew I was being watched – it was game on – no messing, if you came from an environment where you didn’t experience some hardness or different personalities to get through to deliver your task – you’ll soon buckle and give up cos that environment is not for soft hearted..

Thank God I was a part of the session and thank God for access to materials still provided on BC.
    As Pastor Chris would say – you are not making progress until you are changing a person’s life for the better – and that’s what Keji has done and is still doing.

57. Audicious

October 24, 2015 at 1:29 am

I do not support one’s rudeness, it is repulsive, arrogant and puts people off, and in a short time the years of success will get destroyed by the little bad lump if not watched, the Bible said love is not rude, so when one says they love people and want to help then are rude and whatever else then watch the clock. As a prev candidate, I did not experience the rudeness, I had issues where projects were halted etc, but hey, I found the same issues happen in my present companies, we’ve grown to accept it, it probably caused some annoyance on DBT because people felt their time had been wasted, when it happens in a paid job you don’t care too much cos you get paid anyway. Can’t think about any instances of rudeness – I wasn’t there 100% of the time though.

58. Tina

October 24, 2015 at 8:48 am

When Moses was taken the children of Israel to promise land , they complain of hungry , God provided them with food. They still complain after eating. Human being will always complain no matter what you do, good or bad.
    As for me ,am still enjoying DBT all the way.
    Shalom

59. anonymous

October 24, 2015 at 2:39 pm

As a former candidate of CI, every organisation have good and bad feedbacks and it’s up to them to implement the feedbacks. Even though the CEO is rude when speaking in meetings 30 to 40% of the time, the platform they offer is excellent and there has been alot of success stories. I work in the industry and the language used can be moderated as they don’t use it in the technology industry I work in. But on a good note, listen to your candidates as they can assist in you in providing better a service.

No training centre in UK offers what you do which makes your organisation unique but please in order to expand and grow, remove the Nigerian mentality of doing things in your organisation.

Kudos to you as you have been a blessing to many and may the Lord continue to bless you and open doors of flavour for your organisation.

60. Berne Mac

October 24, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Being a DBT alumni gives me enormous pride. It is rare to see people who have really gotten their hands dirty not go on to achieve big things.
    People have left DBT and gone on to get top paying jobs, some of us have gone on to build tech companies sponsored by Facebook, Microsoft, Rackspace, IBM, Twitter, Paypal, Eventbrite to name a few, featuring on Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Reuters and many more. Having that solid foundation, being in that environment that simulates realities of the real world (the smooth and harsh) helped a great deal. The celebration of success and the tongue lashing for not so successful outcomes with the team you work with during your training really helps modify your expectations in the real world.
    I would like to raise a toast to the success of DBT, commend Keji on the greatness he’s instrumental in forging in his candidates and higher heights he will attain.
    Thank you for the opportunity and more grease to your elbows.
    P.S On average, successful DBT candidates will earn £350-£550 a day, lets break that down, if you only paid £550 or even £850 for the work experience, you recoup your investment in a day or 2 (smartest money you’ll probably ever invest).
    Join me in saying well done Keji

61. Emmanuel Felix Chinonyerem

October 25, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Please i want to know about this and i will like to join. please help

62. Michael Oluwasheyi Tomori

October 26, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Please I am A NIGERIAN, I am very interested in this program & I will love to join. +2347036164752

63. odunlami dauda

October 27, 2015 at 9:32 am

Am a Nigerian will so much kneel to learn or enroll into your program, what are the criteria to be part of this remarkable gesture even if am not opportune so I can pass the good gospel to other people..

64. Anita

October 27, 2015 at 11:03 pm

DBT ‘does what it says on the tin’. It gives you the platform to make a career change and if you are like me, move into something that you absolutely love doing.
    For those who focus on what you term to be ‘Keji’s attitude’, I think you’ve taken your eye off the ball and you have become distracted. ‘Whatever’ you find at DBT will prepare you for the real world in Project Management – I am living proof as are many others.
    I thank God for Keji and DBT and the opportunities created for so many people.
    Unfortunately, sometimes the only sign of how successful you are is how loud your haters are.
    So, where are you going to expend your energies? Hating & grumbling or Learning & earning?
    I know which I prefer. Peace. Out.

65. Pado Akinola

November 3, 2015 at 11:27 am

Guys rather than critisize this guy, why dont you let us celebrate his achivements, If you really want to complain about his attitude, i’m pretty sure you have his contact details,and lets be honest attitude or not, hes helped a lot of people with his platform, Myself Included. By the way I think sometimes to be successful at what you do, you need to have that air of arrogace in you, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Mike Zukerberg, Simon Cowell, Alan Sugar would not have been where they are today without that ruthless streak.

66. banks dada

March 2, 2016 at 11:59 am

I think Keji is doing an awesome thing and the results are coming in on a daily basis. Its very easy to compare training with arrogance. I have been on both sides of the coin and i don’t think someone will be willing to pay you about £500/day with absolutely no ‘alertness’ about you and a ‘can do’ attitude.
    I believe these are the things Keji is trying to infuse into each candidate that walks into the ecosystem. I did feel the same way when i was going through the same training and on seeing the results of this ‘Keji’s arrogance’ I did take it as a man and listened. This guy knows what he is doing and i am amazed at the thousands of lives that are being changed (mine included). Lets take off the facade and get to work. I would advice Keji to go on with his style as its working.
    Yes now!!

67. anonymous

May 5, 2016 at 1:20 am

Hello all, although I am yet to secure my desired role, I am certain I will as I get my hands dirtier. This is not about Keji, it is about being ready to prove one’s worth to the stakeholders. The senior stakeholders in the real work environment don’t care who anyone is all they want is results. In my present job within customer services, it is tough and a thick skin is required. I will advise focus on what you want to get and ignore personality. Even if Keji comes across as rude, it is not always the case maybe when we fall short of expectation and we can’t afford to. Don’t be discouraged get on with your goal.

68. James

October 12, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Is it true that this company is based in the U.K and only employs Nigerians? Isn’t there some sort of discriminatory laws in the U.K that should prevent this from happening? How would people react to a company that only employs English people. The mind boggles how they can get away with this.

69. Ntianu

October 15, 2016 at 10:24 pm

The goal is what matters. Forget about h0w Keji talks to you. Concentrate on improving yourself and he will celebrate you. I have never met him. I have never attended his live training sessions but just listening to him on YouTube and going through his website, he is good. He is giving you the real stuff. Thank you Keji. Keep up the good work.

70. Emmanuel Elorm

January 13, 2017 at 9:59 pm

I guess it’s a Nigerian thing and not with Keji. I first felt it was bad customer service right from the airport through to my hotel, until I realized after days, that its the way a typical Nigerian speaks. Naturally, they are aggressive even with the little thing.
    Still waiting to be on the eworkexperience platform.
    Your Lagos contacts are not working. Please revert soon.