Scoop

A Nigerian Horror Film! It’s ‘Hex’ by Clarence A. Peters | Trailer & Character Posters

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

hex-death

Clarence Peters is set to release a short film titled ‘Hex’.

‘Hex’ is an edgy, suspense-filled twenty-six-minute-long short film directed by Clarence A. Peters.

The term ‘hex’ means to curse, bewitch or cast a spell on something/someone.

The plot of this horror film centers on five young people and how the mistake of one night haunts them even a year after.

Five young people, on their way home, after a night in town, accidentally knock down a mysterious hooded man. Bola, a final year medical student, is haunted by the experience and is having an emotional breakdown, or is she?

The movie stars Nancy Isime as Chioma, Ayoola as Bode, Kunle Remi as Emeka, Scarlet Shotade as Biodun and Roseline Ajife as Bola.

‘Hex’ was written by Clarence Peters, Rotimi Oshodi and Victor Aghahowa.

See the character posters below.

hex-ayoola ayolola hex-kunle remi hex-nancy isime hex-roseline afije2

Watch the trailer below.

For more information visit the website here.

1. aikay

October 5, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Posing nude all in the name of horror movie, naija no dey carry last sha. Hmmmm I must watch this film oh, pls when is the premier?

2. bobbydox

October 5, 2015 at 9:11 pm

this is some scary shit i must confess

• Tosin

October 6, 2015 at 3:25 am

i know, i’, even scared to click, just from the little i see

3. Caligula

October 5, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Too westernized….? Similar plot to “I know what you did last summer” Um yah, just saying ooo

• Mina

October 5, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Not true you can use less than 1min trailer to make your conclusion on what type of horror movie it,s

4. annalise keating

October 5, 2015 at 10:00 pm

The movie concept “smells” like Sam and Dean Winchester. I miss that show.

• Meh

January 14, 2016 at 2:30 am

The show is still on. Not as good as before though

5. ElessarisEllendil

October 5, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Who remembers The Last Burial trilogy and that film about students that took a bus trip with Olu Jacobs and the moon was killing them? Time was Nigeria made excellent horror movies.

• Zeeebby

October 6, 2015 at 10:11 am

LAST BURIAL MESSED WITH MY HEAD BACK THEN MHEN….. I DONT THINK I CAN WATCH THAT MOVIE AGAIN.

6. Ladybird

October 5, 2015 at 11:21 pm

did they steal from Asian horror flicks? I am sure I have seen something similar to this

7. Mostest

October 5, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Wailing wailers. Is there ever a different plot to horror movies? Everyone dies at the end of the day no? At least almost everyone then there’s a twist of some sort at the end. Yes, they’re all the same and each can be intriguing if the story makes sense. The production here is superb, not Nollywood ghosts that answer phone or look before they cross. Looks like there’s sex too, well done Clarence peters.

• Idomagirl

October 6, 2015 at 1:39 am

I tire o.

8. Fanny

October 5, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Nothing can be as real and raw as Karashika.

• nene

October 6, 2015 at 1:28 am

those witchcraft movies and movies of possessed kids in the 90s scared me to death. hollywood actually had a good horror genre, amongst others.

• Idomagirl

October 6, 2015 at 1:40 am

Karashika, G.O.A.T!!!
      Right up there with Ultimate Power, Sakobi and Nneka the Pretty Serpent.

Mahn, those were the days.

• Ada Nnewi

October 6, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Nneka the pretty serpent made it impossible for me to sleep alone in a room for a long long time!

9. Richard Osunde

October 6, 2015 at 8:40 am

Nice one

10. whocares

October 6, 2015 at 9:49 am

I have not recovered from Agbara Nla and “AYAMATANGA”.. mba. I know my levels. Let me waka go.

• Magz

October 6, 2015 at 11:18 am

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pele

• Marv

October 6, 2015 at 5:08 pm

I am right behind you. Let’s go ahahahahaha

11. hello kitty

October 6, 2015 at 10:21 am

wasnt that the plot line for i know what you did last summer?

12. poison ivy

October 6, 2015 at 10:21 am

I have seen this movie, we all have.
    Over stretched storyline by Hollywood.
    Clarence that trailer isn’t thrilling enough, know your friends probably told you “Mehn that karashika video is tight, you can make a movie out of it, well horror movie isn’t just about a good graphics but also storyline. Well-done tho

13. Eva

October 6, 2015 at 10:28 am

It may be a wonderful flick…. but me, I no like the name “hex”….why not Nigerianize it (yes i love d juju of my country)…..like what’s hex in yoruba,igbo,hausa, itshekiri,etc. Any Nigerian language will give you a nice scary name, and sell our culture too…..Naija jazz is horror movie on its own, lets stop borrowing culture abeg. If one calabar girl (no offence oo) carry your name go village eh, walahi you go talk true, or is it northern Nigerian jazz?? that’s a different class of hoodoo!! Lets be like china and india, shove your culture down others throat, they either choke or swallow.

• Eyong

October 6, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Small mindedness will be the death of Nigerians.

• JaY

October 6, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I really don’t think that’s being small minded, like she said nigerianize it. Won’t be bad to have a title in any of our various local dialects.

14. Sigel

October 6, 2015 at 2:44 pm

background sounds, the rough vocals the hit when the gals eyes turned white…………I keep saying it, its not all about spending unnecessarily on a movie and keep making crap, it’s the creativity and western influenced imagination, obviously the boi (clarence) is thinking, trust me, I doubt he watches Nigerian movies, u cant get no inspiration from them ish.

15. Encourage good efforts, and don't condemn..

October 6, 2015 at 5:22 pm

The plot sounds familiar…. I’ve seen a similar story line!!!! Omg! You guys, all horror movies are meant to do the same thing. just watch it or pass instead of being so judgemental…. Better still, produce your own and let us watch….

16. Letty

October 7, 2015 at 9:50 am

My focus is on how talented this Clarence is. I thought he did music videos now movies. Totally impressed.

17. Michael

October 7, 2015 at 1:57 pm

when you talk about horror , you talk about 90’s Nigerian movie “journey to hell” or “willy-willy”….. now those are horror Nigerian movies. but i must say am impressed. This reminds me of I KNOW what you did last Summer. Nigerians should look for a true-life story horror movie like Annabella or evil-dead ,then we can talk.

18. similicious

October 8, 2015 at 12:40 pm

My favourite Nigerian horror movies have to be Izaga, Witches, Agbara Nla and T”Oluwa Nile. I am a fan of Clarence’s but i always thought that churning out so many music videos would hurt his creativity… I thought wrong.

19. T

October 9, 2015 at 4:14 am

The summary for this movie sounds exactly like the plot of “I know what you did last summer”.

20. jane

October 13, 2015 at 11:42 am

This is clearly d naija version of ‘I know what you did last summer’. Can’t we b original for once! JEEZ!!!!!

21. uwakwe

October 20, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I like it

22. spencer

December 6, 2015 at 4:21 pm

seems like d nigerain version of i know wat u did last summer.nice job clarence but try to be more original