Scoop

‘For me, pregnancy is the worst experience of my life’ Kim Kardashian West Shares on her Website

Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian West is opening up about her pregnancy troubles. The 34-year-old reality TV star has never been one to shy away from expressing how difficult her first pregnancy was.

In a post on her website, she wrote:

I’m gonna keep it real: For me, pregnancy is the worst experience of my life! “LOL! I don’t enjoy one moment of it and I don’t understand people who enjoy it. Maybe it’s the swelling, the backaches or just the complete mind[expletive] of how your body expands and nothing fits. I just always feel like I’m not in my own skin. People just don’t tell you all of the gross things that happen during pregnancy or after. Do you know you basically have to wear a diaper for two months afterwards?! LOL! No one told me that! #SoSexy. Really, it is all SO worth it when you have your precious baby in the end! So for all my complaining, it’s 100 percent worth it and more!

Check out her website here.

1. Ada Nnewi

October 6, 2015 at 7:17 am

Finally someone honest…everything about a person changes, it’s emotionally and physically draining!

• ShineShineShine

October 6, 2015 at 10:38 am

I totally agree with you/her. She is honest about this. Blog commenters Pls. Read. It is not rosy for everyone. What about pregnancy induced hypertension.? What about women who bleed all through?. What about women who have to be on bed rest for the whole of the nine months? What about preterm babies? What about women who die giving birth????? So many things nobody “dare” talk about for fear of silly comments like l have seen here. Who says she is not grateful? She said inspite of all the troubles, it is worth it in the end. What more do we want to read about the experience? If you do not like her, no worries, but at least read what she has said and critique in a smart way.

2. Kiiki

October 6, 2015 at 7:19 am

This lady has to learn to be grateful! Stop ‘whining’ about EVERYTHING!

She’s blessed to have been able conceive twice. Some strong women would give ANYTHING to be in her shoes! Urrgh!

Initially, she complained about the 1st pregnancy, then the birth, then not being able to get pregnant a 2nd time and now again? Oginidi?!!! (I know this because it’s allover the news and we can’t escape it):”(

More-so, I’d have assumed that the death of one’s parent, is the Worst experience of anyone’s life…

• Anon2

October 6, 2015 at 9:45 am

Before you jump to criticize, get the point of her post. I have no personally experienced pregnancy yet, but I have friends who feel just this same way, but do confess its worth it when you eventually have your bundle of joy. So stop whining too..

• Beeeee

October 6, 2015 at 11:08 am

Whining? I don’t know if you have been pregnant before but pregnancy is not rosy for everyone. Some women go through the nine months perfectly fine and some are sick for the entire nine months. I was sick for the first 4 months so I can’t even imagine what someone who was sick for the entire 9 months would go through. What she is saying might not be encouraging to you but trust me, it is encouraging to someone. She is saying what many women refuse to talk about. Especially the grossness you experience after delivery. I don’t think shes ungrateful, she is talking about her experience. And how do you get to tell someone what the worst experience of their life should be?

• been there

October 6, 2015 at 1:26 pm

@ kiiki stop being so judgemental. have you been pregnant before? for once she is honest and i salute her. Biko take your sanctimonous writing to Adorablemums…

Yes we know there are many women trying to get pregnant. but does it numb one’s personal feeling and experiences, NO. i am a mom and i agree with what she’s saying. A lot of women just want to lie to themselves. and i guess why my mother did not tell me the scary parts of being pregnant was not to scare me. even as a mom, some days i feel like running away somewhere all by myself because it ain’t easy at all.

• Bella

October 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Err leave Kiki alone, she’s just as entitled to her opinions. And tbh you guys supporting Kim should bear in mind the main reasons that she gave for hating pregnancy….not being able to fit into her clothes! That is stupid whining….just get clothes that fit your pregnant body…also called maternity clothes :/

• Dollyp

October 6, 2015 at 7:24 pm

What is strong with you, do you understand her post at all. Go and sit down jor. Ode!

• kokoko

October 7, 2015 at 8:11 am

Afi what is STRONG with you. Who’s the ode?

• ATL's finest

October 7, 2015 at 8:32 am

@ DollyP before U call someone Ode, check your own typing.. U mean *wrong* not strong:),thank me later for I came in peace & none is above mistake/typographical error.

• preggo

October 7, 2015 at 11:24 am

Actually no, Kiki. The worst experience must be burying your OWN baby after nine months of swelling, aches, vomiting, migraines, insomnia, hypertension and labor. I don’t like Kim for 2 kobo but every time she talks about her pregnancy, I look at her differently. Pls be sensitive about another persons pregnancy woes; just like you are about people who can’t conceive. Let her vent. When you sef carry bele, you go see as e dey sweet.

3. Lady G

October 6, 2015 at 7:27 am

It’s the joys of mommy hood! Respect mommies.

4. ti

October 6, 2015 at 8:03 am

Buh d act of getting it in is d most pleasurable for you,serzly I wish God were selective of who to bless wit babies,thousands are looking just to ave dose pregnancy blues u complained of,u here bitching about carrying Gods blessing.hoe buruku,mtschewww. I bet after dis baby uld evacuate ur womb& dumb ass girls would follow d trend cos I know ur purpose in life,setting down trends dt are so so sick

• lalala

October 6, 2015 at 9:43 am

Than you. People are ungrateful, if they knew the pain of wanting a child yet not yet having one they would be quiet. Nonsense.

• Corolla

October 6, 2015 at 12:32 pm

For you to open your judgemental mouth and say you wish God should not bestow some people will this blessing is absolutely appaling. If you had taken the time to critically read what she wrote, you would have understood her point. Many women feel that way about pregnancy, and the fact that Kim said hers out loud does not mean she isn’t grateful. I just hope God does not withhold your and own blessings from you.
      Like Sunny Nneji said in one of his songs “if God be man, some people for chop sand o” #ThankGodseyGodnobeman.

• Corolla

October 6, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Commented directed @Ti, and others who failed have miserably failed at critical thinking.

5. Vics

October 6, 2015 at 8:19 am

Ehmmm…a diaper? I don’t get why wear a diaper. Or she meant maternity pads?

• Vics

October 6, 2015 at 8:20 am

Like confit pad

6. xyz

October 6, 2015 at 8:46 am

OMG! I can totally relate with this!! I loved having a healthy baby growing inside of me but I hated being pregnant. The hormones. The changes. I was watching my body change and i couldn’t do anything about it. I was so depressed lol.

And now that I’ve had my baby I’m so not going through another pregnancy experience. Babies are cute but pregnancy is a no no for me

7. Simplythetruth

October 6, 2015 at 8:57 am

I agree. I can’t stand being pregnant , she is spot on. All that pregnancy glow and cutesy feeling and stuff is for the first trimester for me because i dont get morning sickness, .the 3rd is the worst …ur nose expands, ur feet expands , you swell up , black neck, serious pimples from all the “glow”, you can’t sleep well , emotional as heck, boobs are sore, ur feet and hands hurt from all the edema ….women have tried mehn . But its all worth it when you see your blessing and get amnesia, that’s why we do it all over again . Kudos to her for keeping it real jare.

8. dee

October 6, 2015 at 9:19 am

Okay…. I don’t know what it is but I doubt this is news. Are u just realising all u said after u have a beaut of a daughter. Common Kim! Give us something fresh.

• Anon2

October 6, 2015 at 9:46 am

For Christ sake did you read till the end of her post? And for your info its not news! She shared on her website and BN rather thought it to be news to share!

9. Nne

October 6, 2015 at 9:39 am

Lol Kim is so funny, does this sound like a woman who was truly having fertility problems?…..lol safe delivery

10. lalala

October 6, 2015 at 9:40 am

Life is so unfair. You have people like me that would love to get pregnant but as of yet have not ,but by Gods grace will testify. Then u have this one that is blessed to already have a child and another on the way complaining. I cannot stand this woman and her vapidness. If you dressed better and didn’t force the sexy whilst pregnant maybe you wouldn’t get ridiculed. She’s an idiot.

• Vivianmorh

October 6, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Really???? An idiot?? Well God will bless u with urs bt please shut up. She is narratin her experience and u think that makes her stupid? Women sha, always dissing each oda.

• lalala

October 10, 2015 at 8:27 am

I don’t know who you’re telling to shut it up? Did I insult you or even address you for that unwarranted choice of words? Caping on the net for what I don’t know?ANYWAYS moving on!

• SugaMama

October 6, 2015 at 8:56 pm

You will testify by God’s grace.

But I don’t think it’s fair to call her an idiot. She is only expressing her true feelings about the journey of pregnancy and not complaining about having a child. Think about it, sometimes you receive a blessing, but the process you went through before the blessing came was rough. That’s all she’s saying. And she didn’t only talk about not fitting into clothes, she talked about the swelling and pain that comes with it. Doesn’t mean she will love her children any less or is not grateful to be a mother.

Don’t worry, soon enough, you’ll be telling people about your own journey of pregnancy. Seeing as it is different for every woman, I’d like to hear how yours would be.

• bbz

October 9, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Please stop that, why not pray that God gives you your own child so you can feel what she is feeling, because yes everything she has said is normal and would happen because that is life! Dont say hurtful things at her.
      Please dont use your mouth to stop Gods blessings from coming to you.
      Your own baby is on the way ijn, Amen.

11. bruno

October 6, 2015 at 9:42 am

OMG! nobody cares.

12. Nonamespls

October 6, 2015 at 9:55 am

Preganancy was a different experience but definitely not the worst for me. Of course it was not all beautiful but there were lots of lovely beautiful moments. I pray the next one is even better then i call it a lifetime!

13. Anon

October 6, 2015 at 9:57 am

Different strokes for different folks.

14. poison ivy

October 6, 2015 at 10:01 am

The thing don dey wire am, she come talk true.
    During her 1st trimester, she was feeling funky wearing tight nude colored dress with heels, I knew it won’t be long before she stops all this her dinner waka and paparazzi shakara.
    Nne, breath it in and enjoy God’s blessing. She puts way too much pressure on herself, she wan impress all the time.
    Am just glad that we won’t be seeing much of her because the “Ugly trimester ” don kick in.

• Long African Hiss

October 7, 2015 at 4:51 am

I hope you know she’s pregnant with her second pikin which means that this particular pregnancy dey hammer her pass the first one. If she wan style and strut even till she enter into delivery room, how e dey affect you? Mschewwwwww

• ATL's finest

October 7, 2015 at 8:37 am

@ Poison Ivy lol at ur last statement. But it ain’t easy regardless and let’s not forget she’s human as well. But I know Aunty KOKO ( in my Mason’s voice) will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to experience all of Kims headache right now. E.h. wearing a diaper for 2months, swollen feet, back/waist pain etc. It’s well with her & future South West.

15. ACE

October 6, 2015 at 10:21 am

Finally someone who is truthful , women always lie and tell you it’s sweet, after one you will want another , Well I don’t think so, I love my body too much pregnancy ruins it.

• mee

October 6, 2015 at 11:21 am

sigh so your own problem is what is does to your body? this life sha…

• cindy

October 6, 2015 at 5:59 pm

if that is her problem, leave her be. Not everybody likes their body changing. Don’t pretend like people don’t shame women that cannot get back in shape. My own is the responsibility and fear of another life growing inside me. People don’t like pregnancy for different reasons. It is not your place to compare who has a more solid reason. At least we all can agree that the process sucks for one reason or the other.

16. Somtoo

October 6, 2015 at 11:18 am

Never been pregnant but my Lord. Just 2 weeks before my period comes i am like a different person. My boobs size doubles and get really sensitive, i get constipated, fever at night, very warm during the day that i literally wear the skimpiest clothes even to work so i dont run mad from the heat, very irritable and attimes i gain weight. Then people say i glow (maybe glowing from the internal heat)
    Then period comes and and im glad i will get some relief after 5days till i repeat the entire process the next month. I go through this every month. Some will say TMI but i need to vent mehn.
    Kim, thanks for being real jor.
    The mere thought of being pregnant scares me but i love babies and cant wait to have mine.
    Some women dont have it easy mehn

• Anon

October 6, 2015 at 12:56 pm

You may need to regulate your hormones. Speak to your doctor.

• whocares

October 6, 2015 at 1:02 pm

@somtoo – do you also get ridiculously horny also? like hump a tree stump horny? I know this is not the issue here but I have always wondered if its just me. loool

• Somtoo

October 6, 2015 at 3:59 pm

hahahaha..let”s not give the men here ideas biko…

• Tosin

October 6, 2015 at 7:48 pm

dead! sorry i’m laughing.

17. mrs chidukane

October 6, 2015 at 11:59 am

She’s just being honest. It doesn’t mean she isn’t grateful to be pregnant. Pregnancy is no joke. I’m lucky I don’t get morning sickness but the discomfort, aches and pains are something else. The one that pains me is having to pee every 30 minutes to 1 hour, the constant thirst, heartburn, Kai. This pregnancy my fingers have been numb since the 3rd month and it’s expected to resolve only after I’ve given birth. None of my shoes fit cos my feet have grown again so I have to buy new shoes. I can’t even wear jeans or leggings cos I feel I’m suffocating, when I climb the stairs I feel I’m going to die. I can so relate, looking forward to giving birth. OAN, where is Mama Saffron aka Jane Public?

• mimzzzzzz

October 6, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Mrs C, u are having carpal tunnel syndrome, I had it during my 1st n 2nd pregnancy. I had my 2nd baby 8weeks ago and it’s yet to resolve my fingers are still numb, I’m wondering if it would get better. Luckily apart from the CTS I experience during pregnancy, I’m one of the few people who don’t get sick whilst pregnant. After I have my baby is when I have the stress, I had my 1st child via an emergency C-section cos she was in distress by the time I went into labour, days after her birth my blood pressure went so high I almost went into post-eclampsia. I had so many injections in fact I don’t want to remember the experience. The long n short of it is that different women have different experiences during and after pregnancy. The most rewarding part is mother n baby being health and alive at the end of it all, that’s also my own definition of delivering like a ‘Hebrew Woman’.

18. jummai

October 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Take it or leave it, pregnancy is never easy, but the joy comes when u finally meet ur baby.

19. Bobolink

October 6, 2015 at 1:15 pm

The media and some lying women have managed to glamorize pregnancy and so many women get a rude awakening when they actually become pregnant and discover the truth. Carrying another human being in your tummy for 9 months cannot be a walk in the park. I appreciate her honesty.

• preggo

October 7, 2015 at 11:35 am

Ditto…

20. ij

October 6, 2015 at 1:18 pm

pregnancy glow , which pregnancy glow ? i’m not glowing anything instead i have acne (everywhere!!) from the depths of hell , i’m sure i’m 2 shades darker, i’m hairier on my face than ever and Reika the lady that does my eyebrows is happier now that i’ve added full face threading to my bill every 3 weeks.
    i have now moved to the spare room and currently sleep on the blow up bed there because thats the only place that i can get a semi good night sleep , not only is it better ventilated , i might have to harm my husband if i hear him snoring one more time.
    Boobs nko ? on a normal day , i’m a 34jj ,pls dont even ask me what size i am now , taking of my bra when i get home from work is a mission, i literally have to support my girls with one hand then release them one after the other or else the pain eh.
    Piriformis syndrome nko? when that pain starts i cannot move.
    Having said that i’m healthy and when i feel those movements ,when i hear that heartbeat or see him during my scans , it is all worth it , i absolutely fall in love and bow down to the greatness of God in my life.
    All those seeking the fruit of the womb, i pray God blesses your search and efforts.

• preggo

October 7, 2015 at 11:34 am

Rolling on the floor here!
      I went from a 32C to 40E. I never essperedit. I became so dark I stopped using makeup. Stopped looking at the mirror too, (always crying) didnt understand why I had to be so ugly. But my hair was ALWAYS on fleeeeeeeek. I couldnt keep anything down tho for 5 months. My husband and I would go on dates and I would order “two cups of ice pls”. Lost 10kg during pregnancy and gained 20 post baby.
      God truly is amazing when I think of all my body went through to bring my amazing bundle of love into this world. All that being said, I am looking forward to another baby, I know it’ll be 9 months of torture, but that first look at your child is…. cant find the words. For the first three days, I would just look at him and cry happy tears…He was so precious. You truly realise that only a supernatural being could have orchestrated your role in something as miraculous as childbirth.

• adelemummy

October 9, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Wow Preggo, you are a strong woman o. So inspite of all the woes you recounted, you are actually looking forward to another pregnancy? I bow for you biko. Me, I don’t think I suffered half of what you went through when pregnant though labour was quite horrendous – 20hours and I had to be induced with that dreadful pitocin and by the time I felt like I needed the epidural, it was too late as I had dilated past 4cm. I have vowed to be totally honest about labour pain as almost everything I had read and heard seemed to downplay the pain but I guess it’s cos the pain is truly indescribable and as the months pass, I hear you forget about the pain. But truly it was all worth it to see and hold my beautiful healthy baby in my arms. I am not looking forward to another pregnancy and/or labour abeg and I am even more terrified of labour knowing the pain that awaits. For my next baby (by God’s grace in about 2 years) I shall be asking for the epidural early though so I can focus on the beauty and spirituality of the life giving process instead of the pain of contractions.

I totally understand Kim but I would not call being pregnant the worst experience of my life cos thankfully I had an almost uneventful pregnancy. Minimal morning sickness or none at all. I only felt queasy in the first trimester if I hadn’t eaten and I had the spitting episodes which thankfully only happened for a few weeks in the first trimester. My boobs didn’t get much bigger or painful and though I was worried it would affect my milk production. I have absolutely no issues with breastfeeding, if anything, my milk overflows and quite often leaks and I have grown from a C cup to an E cup now. Oh but the weak bladder was a problem sha- the number of times I peed on myself while laughing or coughing!? 🙁

I think the only thing that really disappointed me about being pregnant was my aversion for sex. I just couldn’t stand it and it was made much worse as everyone kept telling me to do it often as it would be good for labour.

21. Mom Clinton

October 6, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Yes pregnancy is a challenging phase of every woman’s life

22. tianna

October 6, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Hanhan! You ladies are scaring we, the -would-be mothers o.

23. nenedab.

October 6, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I totally flow with what she is saying. The two good things about my pregnancy is the joy I feel when my baby or babies kick (I swear I don’t believe it’s one in there; feels like two). Secondly, I M not so heavy for someone who is almost done with second tri. So yes, she is just trying to xpress how she feels. I know delivery will b a whole thing all together; damn, I heard you must b torn in ur privy and then stitched up later and the hot water massages which my mom is an xpert at. Can’t wait to just get over it in as much as I love d feeling of nurturing a new being. So at u all, thinking she is ungrateful, calm down n read again or better still go get preggy.

• Ada Nnewi

October 8, 2015 at 11:36 am

Carry olive oil, about a litre with you into the delivery room, when your baby’s head is crowning, let them use it down there so the baby slips out easily and they don’t have to cut you…

24. maromec

October 6, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Kim doesn’t dress better and she has been pregnant twice
    you dress very modest and better yet cant get pregnant
    Please go to Bed and concentrate more on your problem…

• okthen

October 6, 2015 at 8:10 pm

You are a nasty person for that comment u made. As u seem to think struggling to get pregnant is a joke. Thank God that you can but to make light of women who struggle is quire frankly evil. May God touch that BLACK heart of yours.

25. Tee&Fii

October 6, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Women so strong filled with so much grace. All deserved to be loved and cherished. xoxo

26. Aarya stark

October 6, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I so agree with Kimmy cakes. Pregnancy is not easy but it is worth it. So many things we are not told. Even breastfeeding in the beginning is the most painful experience. I always so its like someone using blade of cut your nipples. It gets better when your baby is a pro at latching.

27. Ojb

October 6, 2015 at 6:36 pm

See ehn!!! Kim is just being honest. I am pregnant and I always feel like crying….. my midwife said its the hormones. I use sense to get off the bed cos I dont know where that first crack of pain will come from. I cant eat, even those things I want to. Let me top it with this, whatever I eat doesn’t stay down until I drink cold coke. I am a fitness enthusiast and I feel bad for all the coke but if I didnt drink it, I vomit and get irritated. I hope it changes, but never in my life have I experienced so many bad things all at the same time.
    Cant wait for my baby to come, but even much so, I want him/her out so I can get myself back.

28. lizzy

October 6, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Hmmmm! Kim I can relate ooo! I have been there three times. But as Mrs west concluded, IT IS ALL WORTH IT!

29. Selfish Human beings

October 7, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Very selfish human beings!

To you all complaining, God sees your comment. Incase you marry and you no fit carry baby, just no say na you use your hand kill yourself.

So because of body change lasan? comon body change dat can go back to your normal state after delivery, dats y its a problem to you all.

All bcos of slim body tins? mtchew

very vain generation

If you no like pregnancy, dont have sex and dont get pregnant
    If you must have sex, tie your womb make you no get pregnant
    if you want a baby, go adopt then and save us from all the whinning.

If you hate pregnancy, just stay away and stop complaining here

30. Mma Nene

October 7, 2015 at 7:53 pm

I totally agree with Kim. I HATED being pregnant! And it’s worse when you’re pregnant, working and having to care for a toddler. First tri was the worst! I couldn’t eat – the very thought of food made me nauseous. I was always tired. The vaginal discharge is gross! My back ached like no ones business! And then after birth my body was not 100% mine because I breastfed both my kids. Was it worth it? Heck yeah! But that doesnt mean I didn’t have the right to vent or be miserable! Thank God for my understanding, supportive husband.

31. Naveah

October 8, 2015 at 9:45 pm

rich people whining irks me. you are healthy, you were able to birth the first time and survived it, able to afford invitro for your second time around, you are up and about attending all manners of events in clothing specifically designed for you by award winning designers around the world, you have a husband that seems to adore you, you have a health baby girl and expecting a boy, your mother, grandmother, siblings etc are healthy and doing well, you live in a fabulous home, money is not an issue, help around the house and with the children is not an issue but you still have to go to a magazine and complain. There are many women who want all these blessings, some don’t even want all, they would just take one child, some are looking for a husband as accomplished, some wish their mom was alive but you are complaining?

Abeg make I waka my leg go o before I say something God will not forgive me for saying.