News

Daily Mail profiles Lavish Nigerian Weddings with £6,000 Gift Bags & £150,000 Alcohol Budgets

BellaNaija.com

In a Channel 5 documentary, ‘How The Other Half Lives’, the hosts interviewed Betty Irabor of Genevieve Magazine and Elohor Elizabeth Aisien of Prive Luxury Events (they planned Tiwa Savage‘s Dubai white wedding) about lavish Nigerian weddings.

Betty Irabor & Elizabeth Elohor Aisien on How The Other Half Lives

Betty Irabor & Elizabeth Elohor Aisien on ‘How The Other Half Lives’

In the same episode, airing tonight at 9pm in the UK, a Nigerian couple share their reception at a five star hotel in London.

Daily Mail reported the quotes from the interview,

On Nigerian Weddings being a ‘Competition’
‘It’s a competition, people want something like “wow, she arrived by plane”. The bride wants to look good and wear the best of everything.’ said Elohor.

As a result, she said brides will pay around £100,000 for a bespoke dress by a designer like Vera Wang and £475,000 on diamond jewellery.

‘The other women want to make a statement, “I wore this diamond, my diamond is bigger than yours”,’ Elohor Elizabeth Aisien explained.

Out of This World Booze & Gift Budgets
Elohor added, ‘They will spend the most money on Champagne as you have two to three thousand guests at a traditional Nigerian wedding and they will get a bottle of Champagne each.’

This means at an average Nigerian wedding, £150,000 will be spent on booze.

While at British weddings, attendees may get a token favour like a chocolate, at affluent Nigerian weddings, they will get a gift bag worth £6,000.

Such a bag might contain a £345 perfume, a cashmere scarf worth £350 and a £5,000 watch.

If you’re in the UK, you can catch the episode at 9pm on Channel 5 tonight!

Source: Daily Mail

1. -

October 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm

You both fu-ed up

£150,000 will be spent on booze.?
    a gift bag worth £6,000.?
    £345 perfume?
    £5,000 watch.?
    a cashmere scarf worth £350 ?

How many weddings have you been that you got that? Or is it at your wedding that gift bag was shared?

Probably you mean 1 out of 1,000 weddings.
    How does 1 out of 1,000 weddings equate “How the other Half lives”

FYI only 10% of the whole population belong to the high class.
    40% in the middle class
    and 50% in the lower class

Stop painting Nigeria bad outside. If a well thinking white sees this now, they will wonder why you all want to die coming to their country when you have this to spend on wedding of just one day

• Bella

October 27, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Honestly this is a very bad and totally irresponsible thing to say to the media, and to do for our country .. Who has 3thousand guests at a wedding with each getting a bottle of champagne. we are already in ill standing, why then do we need responsible people that are meant to be acclaimed professionals to say this sort of thing. How about highlighting the plight of the every day Nigerian and maybe bring to light the general population wedding. I am highly vexed and disappointed at this type of reporting and so called journalism. I sincerely hope Madam Elohor comes to realise that she erred big time here o!

• @ Bella

October 27, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Please speak for yourself, just because you haven’t doesn’t mean they don’t happen. #letmeupgradeyoubiko

• The truth

October 27, 2015 at 4:15 pm

i think you will find its worse. less than 5% upper class and less than 10% middle class. economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21676774-africans-are-mainly-rich-or-poor-not-middle-class-should-worry

• Tosin

November 1, 2015 at 10:27 pm

same reference has “90% of Africans still fall below the threshold of $10 a day” $10 a day at N200 to a dollar is about 60k per month. That may be true in a wealthy city like Lagos. Outside the cities, you might find a lot of people sharing that 60k.
      What is champagne?

• Engoz

October 27, 2015 at 4:31 pm

The typical Nigerian thinks shallow articles like these are a thing of pride. What an embarrassment! Just affirms what I have always known…the rich in Nigeria is seriously out of touch with Nigeria’s reality and articles like this are a slap to every struggling Nigerian out there who makes up the majority of our populace. You even said the middle class is at 40%…that is generous. The middle class is almost non-existent. What should constitute as middle class in Nigeria escaped into the diaspora in the 80’s and 90’s and many till date are still escaping due to frustrating economic policies brought on by this criminal elite. Have you noticed, rich nigerian kids school abroad and then go back home, it is the poor and middle class that do everything within our power to remain in the UK or the US, because we know we don’t have one daddy or granddaddy that has held Nigerians to ransom for years to offer us a job when we go back home. Even if you want to try your best, the harsh economic realities would frustrate you out of that country. Nigerians in America are doing well, everywhere I go I hear good reports about Nigerians here. When I was job hunting and I mention I’m Nigerian, the interviewer would say favorable things about Nigerians he came across in his field. I’m proud of that because I know how many of us were frustrated out of that country. I’m more impressed by stories like that than this outright garrulousness.

Of I can’t wait for the ‘is it your money’ crew? Doesn’t change the fact that this reeks of stupidity and veers on the tentacles of idiocy.

• S!

October 27, 2015 at 6:00 pm

When I was reading this all I was thinking was that’s a lie. Come on! That’s a big lie. Haaa Elohor can lie oh.
      Which traditional wedding has she seen 3,000 guests? Every guest get a bottle of which champagne? £5,000 watch in gift bag? Because trays have finished in the market? Elohor fear God oh.

• lauren

October 27, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I’m watching it right now. The narrator said …”I suppose it’s good for the economy that all this foreign cash is coming here…” Nigerians will never learn. The same people who will call you a criminal to your face. You can’t even use a credit card on board flights to Nigeria.

• Spirit

October 28, 2015 at 10:46 am

You provide some much needed context. I read the article on the DM and it was evident they were exaggerating and sensationalising. The comments were even more annoying e.g. Brits complaining that their aid money (as if Nigeria’s economy is dead) was being used to pay for lavish weddings in the UK etc. etc.

• Blah blah

October 30, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Elohor you talk too damn much!!! I would never book you as a wedding planner. Do you want to go out of business? Your clients secrets not safe with you at all. Blabber mouth of Africa.

• Kemi

November 1, 2015 at 4:28 pm

10% OF THE population
      Far lower than that may be less than 0.5% which is about 750,000 Nigerians
      Ask me even in the live of Bellanaija have they featured upto 200,000 wedding? Nope

This lady Elohor is so unpatriotic
      She was the one that also gave the whole details of a bride scouting for her wedding dress sometime pass
      EFCC please tell her to give you evidence and trace those people

2. nonso

October 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm

And the country is in poverty. Nigerians and their false living…! serious complex

3. Chichi

October 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Please what wedding did all this happen at? Is this exaggerated or factual?

• glowy

October 28, 2015 at 7:23 am

@chichi it never happened anywhere even if jonathans daughters wedding . Didn’t happen cos I was there. Iphone , given to to more than 20 govs so what is they saying.di elohor woman is no no wedding planner in any way. Has done just one wedding o two which was by mistake mistake she shud sit down.

4. Chiedu

October 27, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Ain’t no party like a Nigeria party
    Cause a Nigeria party we don’t bother nobody
    We just throw our hands up, Drinks in our cups
    Nigeria stand up cause we don’t give a …

Banky .W

5. missappleberry

October 27, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Gosh! BN u never disappoint me. As soon as i read this article on dailymail, i thought about u and was expecting you to post it and voila! you did lol.

6. Abayo

October 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Some Nigerians are very stupid. These kind of documentaries and interviews reflect badly on us as a nation. A nation where more than 50% live on less than $1 per day.

• The truth

October 27, 2015 at 4:16 pm

who are the nigerians sitting in interviews telling them these “facts”???

7. Ada

October 27, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Only 5 bridesmaids na im be “no expense is spared”? Anyway I doubt we have lavish weddings for competition sake. We just like a good party and we no dey like oyibo wey no sabi to do party so….

8. Hoover

October 27, 2015 at 2:55 pm

This is good for the UK economy Not to even talk of the thousands of Nigerian students schooling in the UK at both undergrad and postgrad level.. Nigerians dey spend sha. I remember once seeing a Nigerian woman speaking yoruba in selfridges at oxford street. This woman was in front of me at the checkout, her bill was about 21,000 pounds , She dipped her hand in her bag and paid in cash. Four bundles of 50 pound notes. The babe at the till called the manager and i just shifted to another checkout with my 100 pound gift card jejely. Nigerians dey ball hard. Even in Harrods, na so so Naija people. Nigerians are also among the biggest spenders in the London Property Market. All in All, it is a blessing for the UK economy

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 27, 2015 at 6:36 pm

…and I was incensed at that Madueke woman for carrying £25k abi £28k in her handbag as spare change… apparently, she was only acting according to type…

BN, 9pm tonight, abi? “Hol-right”, I shall set my sky box to record the show.

• adeola

October 28, 2015 at 12:30 pm

You will find plenty of rich Nigerian men at Hilton Metropole on Edgeware Road, Hilton in Paddington & Hilton (Park lane). In the evening, you will find Nigerian ladies in reception pretending to be waiting for someone while hoping and praying to catch the eye of a Nigerian Politician or a rich Nigerian man

9. Iris

October 27, 2015 at 3:04 pm

These numbers are real?! 100,000 pounds on a dress?! 15000 I will believe but 100???? And these are regular amounts for rich people in Nigeria? Then things are worse than I thought. This has gone beyond a matter of ‘it’s my money. I will spend it’. This is obscene.

10. Vessel

October 27, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Now you know where all the stolen govt and oil money goes while some who worked for the money are starving at home. Any wonder why these marriages don’t last – d curse on the money . Big shame

• The truth

October 27, 2015 at 4:20 pm

The last decade is one that every Nigerian would like to forget. Wealth from theft and nothing more. new money pouring into Europe and spent this way. I can only pray that this new era with Buhari will put an end to this. You can’t go anywhere in London that they don’t laugh at Nigerian and their ridiculous spending habits.

11. June

October 27, 2015 at 3:20 pm

This is the s***** !!!!! that gets my blood boilinggggggggg! ! What a load of crap!!!!! Some Nigerians are sooooooooo shallow! This whole article/interview is cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeee worthy!!!! In other news people are getting robbed and killed in traffic ! This country needs to CHANGEE!

12. Cindy

October 27, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Lmao……you need to see the comments on daily mail guys. When I read this earlier I was like this people cannot be real. The comments were saying that is where all their foreign aid money goes to……smh. I wanted to reply but I spoke patience to my fingers. Foreign aid from IMF I know, from UK? Me thinks not. These people will continue to make us laughing stocks not with ridiculous interviews like these. Is it because they heard that they shared iPhone at GEJ’s daughter’s wedding? How many people really do this? You people should fear God o. Haba.

• Engoz

October 27, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Foreign aid? Lmao! I read their comments too and was just laughing. Not only foreign aid, they also think it’s their 10 pounds charity/month that finance 150 million Nigerians…lmao. And by Nigerians they mean the whole of Africa…hahahahahaha!

• Anon

October 27, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Nigeria gets foreign aid from the UK.

• zeezee

October 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm

The foreign aid , from UK, US, IMF and gbogbotigbo does not amount to more than 5% of our total GDP

13. Titi

October 27, 2015 at 3:30 pm

And when we all die We all turn to ashes

Milloniare ko, Billonaire Ni

99% of Nigerian WEalthy RIch is not LEGIT – and that is fact
    It is all STOLEN MONEY
    MOSTLY PEOPLE WHO STEAL MONEY (and not out of HARDWORK) are the ones who over spend so foolishly.

I am not impressed

• Anon

October 27, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Please do you have the stats to back up the 99%? Empirical stats and not anecdotal stats. Thanks.

• Puzzles

October 27, 2015 at 5:09 pm

you forgot blood money

• Bee

October 27, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Blood money is not real. It does not make economics sense. blood money only exists in Nollywood.

• ATL's finest

October 27, 2015 at 7:36 pm

@ Titi Eshe jare! I didn’t wanna comment until I read urs. Yes Nigerians are making it but Titi is freaking right.. Omg 4yrs ago Oprah didn’t a show about fraud I almost died.. Only 1 white dude & 3 black Americans were involved but EVERY other person was a Nigerian mostly based in UK. I’m like really?? I was in Nigeria few yes back, a FAM friend who has only lived in UK for 4yrs, owned 5 huge mansions in Lagos ( no b anyhow area oh) let’s not talk of the cars. He’s not done with school & pls guess his age ( 26yrs). So tomorrow such a person will wanna show off in my presence.. Mtchew shift.. Everyone in 9ja is hailing him hmmm abi no b d same UK wet we know how hard & tough their system is?..let me continue reading comments.

14. sumbo

October 27, 2015 at 3:32 pm

This is real. Govt Adejumobi daughters Ellie Saab wedding dress costed $ 500,000 for one dress? Nigerians do spend on weddings. Well they are rich

• Z

October 27, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Pls get your facts right. Her dress was not half a million dollars…

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 27, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I heard about that wedding, though. Wasn’t it the one where the choir from RCCG House of Praise in Charlton was flown to (whatever country it was – Lebanon? Somewhere or the other) from the UK and back to sing at the wedding? Had a heated argument with my friend about the matter because there is no way in HECK that a State Governor is able to prove he spent strictly legit money on that sort of lavish affair.

• i no send

October 27, 2015 at 9:43 pm

another beer parlour correspondent..did you see the price tag on her wedding dress???..its people who refuse to enlighten themselves that fall victim to these outrageous claims…..that being said..im really embarrassed for the lies these women told daily mail

15. Thatgidigirl

October 27, 2015 at 3:34 pm

U know that kind of primary school lie…”we had 10 swimming pools, thieves came to our house and stole 9″…? That’s what both of them just told. ??????. What manner of foolery is this???? How many of those types of weddings have they planned? Ooooh we’re going to be on channel 5 and daily mail let’s make it memorable by throwing outrageous figures, they said to themselves.

• ATL's finest

October 28, 2015 at 3:15 am

@ Thaygidigi lmao @ ur first line.. Just like someone in high school told the entire class their dog own a dinning table huh? Oh she’s bn everywhere & what’s the first thing u do as soon as u sit down on d ✈ (she’s said nothing) Ma’am whatever happened to (fasten ur seat belt)? Smh I can NEVER forget this story smh.. Despite she’s married now, I can’t get past all that Bananas

16. Open Sesame

October 27, 2015 at 3:35 pm

“I wore this diamond, my diamond is bigger than yours”
    Really? Who are these people????

Also, I know many Nigerian weddings are big but 2000-3000 people? And they make it sound like this is common place? Na wa for this kin exaggeration o!

• Nikky

October 27, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Maybe they misspoke, it was probably a concert or crusade that they organized and not a wedding. I’m actually surprised by the reaction in the comment section. I was thinking people will come here and say amen, let me this be my portion, etc. I’m glad to see a lot of us still have brains in our heads.

• Idomagirl

October 28, 2015 at 12:04 am

I died at ‘crusade or concert’ ???

17. pipi

October 27, 2015 at 3:41 pm

i major problem … the use of “average nigerian” Average ke! are these people well… read, watch news mba! average…. is it una fault… average Nigerian hahahahahhahaha

18. Abiola

October 27, 2015 at 3:47 pm

“In the same episode, airing tonight at 9pm in the UK, a Nigerian couple, Eamonn and Ruth, share their reception at five star The Dorchester Hotel in London.”…I cant believe bellanaija did not do a credible research but just a copy and paste from ‘daily fail’!…the wedding was at the Porchester hall in Bayswater and not at the Dorchester Mayfair – HUGE difference…wonder how one can even begin to read or validate the article when someof information are not true!

• True

October 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Very true….credibility of daily mail and bellanaija is beyond me……daily mail just copied and pasted pictures….I was at this wedding and it is definitely untrue

• Lala

October 27, 2015 at 4:17 pm

So, Bellanaija with her ‘2,000 staff members’ should call to investigate this crap, that Dailymail with their boku staff did not investigate, abi?
      Be balanced in your criticism.

We will try to do a better job with our PR next year before the release of our wedding magazine for black brides in the UK.

This is an unfair representation.

• Selia

October 27, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Copy Cut and Paste at its best
      Bellanaija staff are working real hard with their copy cut and paste.

What else is new with naija bloggers

• Angela

October 27, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Also eamonn and Ruth are hosts (husband and wife). They are not Nigerian but white British. Bella please do your research well. Daily mail is a terrible newspaper.

19. tired

October 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Sigh…yet our country is a dump with millions living below the poverty line. This is not something to be proud of. Misplaced priorities

20. Z

October 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I am disappointed at Elohor!! She didn’t have to lie! Yes we are extravagant but haba!!

• Anon

October 27, 2015 at 5:02 pm

I have to say this, then you don’t know Elohor. Pathological doesn’t come close. She’s a beautiful woman and that is all.

• glowy

October 28, 2015 at 7:27 am

@Anon pls eloho is nowhere near beautiful?have u seen her in person?

• Bleed Blue

October 28, 2015 at 8:57 am

Well I think she’s beautiful. I have seen her in person a few times.

What I know she is not is very well mannered. She regards herself as a higher mortal than others and reflects this in her speech and behavior. It’s actually quite sad to watch.

21. sarah

October 27, 2015 at 3:58 pm

CAN WE REMEMBER THAT WITH INTERVIEWS SOMETIMES THINGS ARE EXAGGERATED. NOT ALL WEDDINGS ARE LIKE THIS BUT THE ONES THAT HAVE MONEY SPEND LIKE THIS IS THIS NOT A FACT. PEOPLE JUST MAD THAT THE TRUTH IS RISING ONTO THE SURFACE

22. Yolanda

October 27, 2015 at 4:05 pm

I’m just here to read the comments. Chaiii this news did something is my stomach sha

23. NaijaPikin

October 27, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Naija pple don’t even know when they start to make a fool of themselves. Elohor are you for real. Which wedding venue in naija can accomodate 3000 people? And even with the expensive souveneirs, not everyone gets those, its more of the VVIP pple that get it. Everyone else gets regular stuff.

Noone puts bottles on tables jare. so that it can be fapped abi. Yes we spend a lot on weddings, but common, you can count your fingers the number of times a naija person has spent the kind of money Elohor is suggesting. Elohor just tryna brand herself as a super luxury planner. I’m not buying the ish she’s selling.

24. Que

October 27, 2015 at 4:24 pm

What ever the true story might be, this just reeks of wanna-be syndrome…Yes people constantly try to outdo each other,, what do u think those Porsche, Birkin and Bling displays on Instagram are for?… Even the rich also wants to be seen these days….they are all scrambling for each other’s attention… so the figures in this article might be a real stretch, but the wanna-be syndrome is alive and well from streets of Ikoyi, to Maitama, to South Ken, and the interviewees are as much a part of this syndrome.

In other news, biko if una see wedding with 3000 bottles of champagne and £5000 watches up for grabs, kindly point a sister in that direction… daalu!

• Yolanda

October 27, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Ahahahahahahahaha I’m still trying to figure that out 3.000 people at just one weeding. The population of an entire village in my country. Choiii

25. Mathilda

October 27, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Hello, can you please take this article off as it is not credible in any way, a lot of lies has been said, Many thanks you will thank me later. I am sure that you need to copy right your articles or acknowledge where you got them from so please take it off.

26. Teni

October 27, 2015 at 5:03 pm

How come I’ve never been to any of these weddings?

27. Anon

October 27, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I will watch it and revert after 9pm. As for the Daily Fail, I don’t read that rag.

28. Selia

October 27, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Trust Elohor Whatever her name is to Exaggerate LUXURY (Ms Nose in The Air – I am Luxury, Luxury is Me) , On IG and everywhere else, She acts as though she defines Luxury. Full of herself. Nigerians make too much noise – empty barrells make the most noise. Even Hollywood best luxury and events planners dont make this much noise and they are real definition of luxury.

• ATL's finest

October 27, 2015 at 7:40 pm

@ Selia abi.. Brad & Jen were married for 5yrs & the event cost only 1million dollars . and u think they are stupid to spend all that pounds in dollars mtchew.. This Elohor is one of the reason IDC much for Nigerians in that industry or whatever comes out from their mouth.. #HOTGAS#. Luxury my ASS

• Idomagirl

October 28, 2015 at 12:06 am

Una dey vex o. ???

29. Weather

October 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

How in God’s name can this be true?? *There is God ooooo…in everything we are doing, there is God*

30. Six

October 27, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Daily Mail are just lying . I don’t think these women would have said such. They are smart women

31. fleur

October 27, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Unfortunately Betty and Elohor either wanted to exaggerate for effect or they have lost touch with reality. Please don’t talk about “the average”. An average in a bell distribution of all weddings (and I believe the assumption of Such a distribution holds true for Nigerians as a result of our culture) means the median = mean. ie, according to you, 50% of all weddings in Nigeria, including the weddings among the throttled working class expend $150k on booze and £6000 on gift bags! I am surprised both of you were not challenged on the veracity of the information by your hosts. Unfortunate for both of you to join and promote the endless celebration of abrasive and infinitely reckless lifestyles of the rich in Nigeria, which given their main sources of wealth -privilege and power.- amounts to kicking the desperate and constantly under dogged on whose collective wealth they feast, while they lie writhing in pain for which there is no hope.

32. Tari

October 27, 2015 at 6:14 pm

I wanted to take the article serious until I saw the two Nigerian Style consultants they used.
    Two ladies that are nothing short of epitome of ‘fakeness’ and exaggeration.
    BN, stop insulting our intelligence.
    The fact that it appeared on Daily Mail is no reason to take it serious.

33. SWAGG1

October 27, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Of course its the looters that will waste such amount of money. Any hardworking person will never be that wasteful. . Even Zukerbeg has a simple wedding .

34. bisisexy

October 27, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Most Nigerians are fake and liars,dey don’t fear God or remember judgement day,i neva heard of this type of wedding before,the only wedding close to dis description was abacha’s jnr son, but I don’t tink dey drank champagne, most of dis big weddings are arraigned,can’t believe in dis age and day, my friend told me, abt his friends wife dey met tru both parents,dat d guy deosnt love d gal, d gal sef no dig d guy,dey will come to Bella naija and start forming love story, if I hear?fine gals abound ,no guy is toasting,iit’s all dese fake luxury pple,my friend married a big boy last mth ,her dad had to sell his house to meet up for reception, pay for reception at havilah lekki and oda paparazi,yorubA culture it’s d bride’s family,that host, even though d guy dropped money, ,too much pressure on Nigerian babes,u have to b too fine,too learned,good job,good bank account, if not d guy won’t consider, no proposal for u

• D

October 28, 2015 at 7:08 am

You forgot to mention that most of this wedding they serve based on how rich they think you look , who you represent and familiar faces and dem no dey give souveniers o.even the one wey bridemaids dresses was 5kdollar sef na the same thing and they usually done by people in govt. Or formerly in power . Madam elohor n co I smell bullshit here please don’ t do that again .go and sin no more ..

35. Nahum

October 27, 2015 at 7:26 pm

These women are such bloody liars!!! I have been to a few of the “high class” weddings and even though they have expensive gift bags, it is definitely not for every guest, just for the VVIPs that attend, which amounts to like 10-15 people. £150,000 on booze? Come on people!!! The rich spend about that amount on the entire wedding, not just the booze. Why did these heifers lie like that??

• NoCursing

October 28, 2015 at 11:54 am

Please stop cursing and swearing!!!

36. I said so

October 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Apart from eko hotel no other resident venue can sit 3 guest that I know of … Or else it’s a marquee … Also no wedding in Nigerian has ever given all this guest each bottle of wine let alone champagne pls ask Bonix or blue world , do u know wht a wedding of 2000 or 3000 guest is , most venue can sit just 1000 to 1500 at a time … I have do
    Being involved in all kind of event in Nigerian from Aso Rock to mushin from 2005 still date , So elor where did u get ur info from n by all standard you should nit say anything regard wedding in Nigerian even thou u have done Tiwa wedding , pls did u become an event or wedding planner , u r not an authority in the event or wedding industry … Pls let Molly or Funke or Ibidun or ayrie talk we will listen not u … I love elor n Betty but both if them are not a force to reckon with in the wedding n event industry … Even thou they both r celebrity

37. I said so

October 27, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Elor ur le just make me type rubbish lol lot if typo … I was really mad of d lie jor lol but u all got my point … Let well known wedding planner talk we will believe nit elor or Anty Betty

38. the Heiress

October 27, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Now, one girl will see this and be giving her boo problems because she also wants an £100,000 dress or a £5000 bottle of champagne to each guest. I am a wedding planner focused on just budget weddings in Nigeria and from my experience so far, more than 60% of Nigerians are average living people. And we have planned weddings with N500,000 (naira oo) for the whole wedding, so in my opinion, spending just £100,000 on a dress is a little extravagant if you ask me. Check out our blog for more on how to achieve a more for less wedding in Nigeria. http://www.justbudgetweddings.com

• Ada

October 28, 2015 at 2:32 pm

And that is how I am off to visit your site!

39. Olayemi

October 27, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Eh! Aunty! Yes you! Stop lying! Ha! Just stop. Lol

40. Lala

October 27, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Bellanaijarians, its 9pm and the show is on now. The documentary is about the world’s super billionaires from Russia, Africa and from all around the world who come to London to spend money.

So they are featuring the top 1% of the world’s super billionaire

Daily Mail reported garbage.
    According to Tatler, every third of a pound spent in Harrods is spent by a Nigerian. Plus the documentary states that Nigerians have overtaken the Russians.

41. Lala

October 27, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Elohor did not say the average wedding- she said one of the weddings she has done…… So far. Dailymail has not told the truth so far…. #Situationreport

• glowy

October 28, 2015 at 7:40 am

@lala p eloh eloh not done yet wedding that I give 5000 pounds gift pack or a champagne to everybody

42. Lala

October 27, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Everyone, have you seen Betty Irabor”s face. Plastic surgery or botox?
    Also, Elohor did not say $1 million for Elie Saab, the commentator said celebs like Mariah Carey wore Elie Saab, with 1 such gown reported to have cost $1 million.

Again, Daily Mail twisted every thing. #Situationreport

• Dessy

October 27, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I thought I was the only one who saw!!!! What has she done to herself???!

• Anon

October 28, 2015 at 12:18 am

Daily Fail. The programme was dour. Good I had football on my TV and watched it on my tablet.

Old news about the Editor and her stretched + puffy face. My husband said “ki re.”

Elohor and her networking.

43. Lala

October 27, 2015 at 10:36 pm

At the end of the day- its the Alakija’s n their contemporaries in Russia n the middle east

44. Idomagirl

October 28, 2015 at 12:07 am

These comments. ??????

45. ANON

October 28, 2015 at 12:59 am

Ok so the show has aired and i watched it, Elohor lied .. Number one you are not a top wedding planner to the wealthy, you dont even have up t0 five weddings you have covered in your portofolio. Secondly if you have ever covered a wedding that cost between 500k pounds – 1 million pounds, we will know because you would have bought a house next to linda ikeji and put it on instagram. thirdly which wedding have u covered that it was one bottle of champs per guest.The Interview was extremely poor, who is going to even want to engage your services please now that you have shown you lack confidentiailty … i mean a statement such as a brides mum asked why her diamond is bigger than her childs or vice versa was so uneccessary… the interview was so poor and i am surprised Betty irabor even involved herself with such a farce. This desperation for popularity is just insane i mean such lies, i hope Efcc calls you in for questioning so you can explain who this your imaginary clients are…Girl u need to stop lying and being a national embarassement … 5k pounds watch, girl please .. girl stop.. girl bye

46. Carl

October 28, 2015 at 1:00 am

I Watched it as well . Daily mail reporters do not have sense. Eloho actually spoke well and they spoke about other wealthy countries. I was expecting more about Nigeria from this article

47. Tosin

October 28, 2015 at 4:26 am

I also thought some of the comments she made were so unproffessional and unnecessary. You need to look at the presenter’s facial expression. More like ‘yeah it’s ok to hype, you only get one chance’. I think she needs to work on her public speaking.

48. ndidi

October 28, 2015 at 5:22 am

Singing that viral song to Elohor
    ??????Elohor why lieing, Why you f- losing, Oh ma gahd, Why you f- lieing????????

Shame on you,I knew she was full of shit by her uppity luxury bullshyt she displays on IG with many stolen pictures from western luxury brands. Luxury this, luxury that . Sweetie, the world luxury brands don’t even say the word luxury, cos you just know(eg, Hermes, Gucci. Etc).

See how you have disgraced yourself and lost all credibility with the lilyou had left. Lieing for the whole world . Now we all know how Fake you are. And please don’t put this embarrassing lieing interview on your resume

49. Tolu Belllo

October 28, 2015 at 7:59 am

Dear Elohor, you need to go to MFM. You have haters.

Just reading all the comments, why can’t women just be positive. I watched the interview with my friends and it was obvious that these two women were in town and was called to be a part of the show. They looked like they were given a script.
    Elohor is new in the industry and has done a few top weddings. `I guess its good publicity for her company.
    What was Betty doing there? She did not say much.
    She never said she covered 500k wedding, she said some of the wealthy weddings can be up to that. I don’t think she promoted us in a negative way, because Nigerians do spend a lot of money on weddings and they spoke about other countries in a positive way.

My sister got married last year November and boy did we spend.

50. Koookooookoooo

October 28, 2015 at 9:31 am

Fake people that will die inside their fakeness. I am sure they all live in disgusting slums. Dont I know these Lagos people again? Tcheeeeew.

51. Lala

October 28, 2015 at 9:44 am

You sound like a child. So if I am the planner for a wedding costing about 300,000 naira- I will make 500 million naira abi? 1 sixth of the client’s money?

As for those saying she does not have a lot of weddings in her portfolio- she does not need to- because she just positioned her self to get that portfolio from the Nigerian rich around North London.

Elohor, should you read this, I am in London and I have services that complement your clients.

52. Lala

October 28, 2015 at 9:47 am

That was for @Anon 12.59

53. Anonymous

October 28, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Haba, haba, haba,…let us fear God oo…..one of the weddings featured on this program….I WAS THERE!!!! This wedding was a result of these families jhard earned money and no where near £500k pounds….young couple wey God butter their bread. Apparently, they did not even know they were on this spin programme.

I was among those who consumed the most alcohol on the day – wedding at an exotic farm in Essex – we were drinking Origin and normal MOET……I didn’t see any overly expensive drink on the tables.

And these idiots opening their guts to DailyMail like it’s some breakthrough mag….na wa oo!!

Is this what Nigerians are being reduced to?

Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

54. Sunshine

October 28, 2015 at 4:42 pm

This is all crap.£100,000 on a wedding dress? Even couture designer wedding dresses retail for £30,000. Kate Middleton’s dress cost £60,000. Who are these nigerians that have stolen soo much that they can afford this? The interview is absolute rubbish. Goody bags for £6,000? That’s 2million naira per bag. Do the maths, this entire episode is based on here say of a couple of people and thay can not speak for even the said 10% of the weather nigerians.

55. Ami

October 29, 2015 at 1:36 am

Have always noticed that Elohor or whatever her name is, is just too proud. I guess maybe she has done one or two celebrity event, she has classified herself as luxury. Nne, please come and stay in LA for few months. When you see luxury, you will shut up!!! Abi its cos you did Tiwa wedding and baby shower you have become luxury??? Absolute TRASH!

As for Ms. Betty, I expected more from you!!! How can you follow Ms Luxury and tarnish our already falling economy like this??? You are seen as a big aunt but i’m sorry to say, that RESPECT IS GONE!!! Maybe your luxury friend can take you to perform a luxury surgery to your face at a luxury surgeon’s luxury hospital for luxurious people!!!

56. B.U 'N' M.I

October 29, 2015 at 1:36 pm

choi!choi!choi! @ Nikki concert ..loool. As an event planner myself I cant believe this! Glad to see that most of us are sane and talking. We need to trump all this misconceptions.
    but let use breathe.. its the dailymail. : )

57. nonso

October 30, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Wow! Thats why people will steal and do everything for wealth. when you dispaly such utter lies and exaggeration. Did you parents buy vera wang for their wedding. why come and act like you were born with silver spoon.