News

Former Governor Oyinlola & Former NB MD Odimegwu rumoured to be on 2nd Ministerial List

BellaNaija.com

Saraki with List 2All eyes on “The List“!

With the surprise submission of the second batch of Ministerial Nominees to the Senate President yesterday, everyone is asking, “Who is on the List this time?”

While there is no official response yet, media is speculating that several well known public figures have made the cut.

According to the Vanguard Newspaper,

However, dependable sources said prominent names on the second list include former Chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Barr Mohammed Bello (Adamawa); former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Osun); former Chairman of the National Population Commission, NPC, Chief Festus Odimegwu (Imo); former National President of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN (Ondo); former spokesman of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties, CNPP, Osita Okechukwu (Enugu); and former ANPP governorship candidate in Abia, Ikechi Emenike (Abia).

Others on the list include: Hadiza Abdullahi; Adamu Adamu (Bauchi), Hajia Bukar Ibrahim, the former first lady of Yobe State (Yobe); Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa); James Ocholi, SAN (Kogi); Anthony Anwuka, a professor of education administration, who was secretary to the government of Imo state; and Isaac Adewole, a professor of obstetrics and gynaecology. Others are Dan Ali, a brigadier-general who was retired in 2013; Okechukwu Enelamah, the CEO of African Capital Alliance; Claudius Omoyele Daramola, a professor of sociology of education, from Ondo state; and Aisha Abubakar.

We will just have to wait and see if this is accurate.

1. Wale

October 13, 2015 at 7:51 am

If we go by this rumored list, then two things are glaring 1-where is Abike Dabiri ? 2- why are essentially all the nominated women from the north and why are they all Muslims, except for Adeosun. Not sure if she is a Christian or Muslim. So are there no competent Igbo or SS women? Or does president feel the northern women have been left out for so long that they deserve to sweep it all up this time? Or are Muslim women less likely to become super thieves like Diezeni? We are watching for the actual list to be release.

• Wale

October 13, 2015 at 11:02 am

Okay, thanks for reminding me @anon about the spot for lagos, I hope she will be given something deserving. She should replace onyeka Owenu at that parastatal or be given a good ambassadorial office. Like the first Female ambassador for the USA. Someone has to come and reorganize our embassy and consular offices here in the States.They are so unprofessional and lazy. Only a woman like Dabiri can achieve this, Dabiri is responsive.

• nene+

October 13, 2015 at 11:37 am

Wale the Bigot!!! Replace Onyeka Onwuenu abi???
      Abike is the only responsive woman in Nigeria?? Replace your every where with Tinubu puppets???

Who ever takes Wale seriously????

I am waiting for the day you will grow ball and say Abike should replace a Hajia

• Terry

October 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm

So when Abike Dabiri is no longer with us, what happens. Be objective man

2. T

October 13, 2015 at 8:13 am

Kai, Oyinlola shaaaa, Haba!!!!!!

3. nene+

October 13, 2015 at 10:01 am

Watching and waiting for the list.
    Looks like you have to be over 50 years and above, support Buhari’s party with stolen funds to make his list.

We are watching

• Wale

October 13, 2015 at 1:34 pm

nene, how can I be a bigot when I am from the SS, I see all Nigerians equally. Ms Owenu did something very unbecoming a couple of years ago when she personally beat up a woman and forcibly threw are out of her shop so she can reallocate to one of her cronies in Abuja. So I lost my respect for her since then. She is one of the leaders that has to be relived of her post. I want everyone to have equal chance and representation. For all I care they can put another Igbo woman to replace her.

4. Anon

October 13, 2015 at 10:09 am

Fashola is from Lagos state therefore Abike Dabiri cannot be on the lise

5. TheRealist

October 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm

After months of searching, we end up with a hodge-podge of Ex-this and Ex-that!

PS: Okey Enelamah is the only name remotely worth the wait. [email protected]

6. layo

October 13, 2015 at 3:22 pm

I almost passed out, I mistakenly read James “Ocholi” as James “Ibori”…..:) the names are different but I don’t know why my eyes read “Ibori”. No disrespect to Ocholi.

7. layolala