News

Popular Lagos Pastor allegedly confesses to Adulterous Affair | Church Members Respond – “No Sexual Relations”

BellaNaija.com

Anselm_Madubuko-1024x393Respected online publisher NetNG is reporting that popular pastor, Anselm Madubuko of the Revival Assembly confessed to an adulterous affair with a church member. The pastor became a widower when his wife passed away. He married Kenyan musician Emmy Kosgei in 2013.

According to NetNG,

Multiple sources confirm to NET that Pastor Madubuko confessed on Sunday October 18, 2015 when he came to church to kneel before the congregation to apologise and beg for forgiveness.

Madubuko, we’re told, ‘came on the pulpit on Sunday to confess that he has dated Kike for 3 months. He said she came to him as a prayer warrior and he didn’t suspect foul play till it was too late’. Kike, a mother-of-one, was ‘expelled from the church along with a certain Pastor Uche’ a source said. We also learnt that Pastor Madubuko’s Kenyan wife, Emmy Kosgei was present in church and she consoled him as he wept terribly in front of the congregation.

Another dimension of the story is that the pastor’s alleged partner was the ex-wife of musician K-Solo. K-Solo and Kikelomo‘s marriage and subsequent breakup was well documented via tabloid and blog headlines.

When contacted, Kikelomo had this to say; ‘I don’t want to say anything about it, I’ll just leave it and let God judge everybody. Please don’t ask any more questions because you can’t convince me as a journalist to speak on this issue’

Update
The church has not released an official statement at this time. However, prominent church members have spoken out to icampusng

Popular gospel musician, Kenny Saint Best (KSB) who attends Pastor Anselm Madubuko’s church, The Revival Assembly Church in Lagos and is the head of Teens Ministry and popular actor, Paul Obazele who is the Head Of Media have denied the news online today that Pastor Madubuko confessed to adultery during a church service on Sunday, both entertainment personalities who spoke to our corespondent in a separate telephone interviews said the popular pastor did not in any way have sexual encounter with Kikelomo Akinkunmi, ex-wife of music producer, K-Solo neither did he confess to adultery with her.

KSB who spoke to us first said what happened on Sunday was totally and clearly misconstrued.

“What the Pastor apologized for was the fact that he did not heed to warnings from a lot of people that the girl has a destructive spirit, not that he slept with her.

Kike came to the church disguised as a prayer warrior and as somebody who needed help, the church embraced her and she joined the Intercessory section, she gave a lot of prophecies, some of which actually came true but she also had destructive tendencies as many people in the department had to leave because of her. At that point, many people went to the Pastor and told him too expel the girl as she had destructive spirit and many even said she had Jezebel spirit but the Pastor refused to believe them. He only consulted with the head of Prayer warriors who is another Pastor who said the girl is truly talented but after a while, she also descended on the Head Of the department, as a matter of fact the last straw that broke the camel’s back was when she gave prophesy that the Pastor Madubuko married wrongly and that he should close down the ministry. The Pastor began to see that he was wrong to have disregarded the warnings of other prayer warriors that have called for the sacking or expulsion of the girl and indeed that was what Pastor Madubuko apologized for’.

After a while, popular actor, Paul Obazele called us and introduced himself as Head of Media of the ministry, he said

“Nothing like Pastor confessing to adultery ever happened, I am talking to you as the head of media, that story is not true and as KSB said, we can get you the tape. Please disregard such news”.

1. beauty

October 21, 2015 at 1:17 pm

My mouth was hung open reading this. All i have to say is JESUS!!!

• Sugar

October 21, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Am glad he confessed his sins and God is so merciful he will forgive him.
      At least he didnt stand in front of the congregation and promise them a “Robust Response” or a “Robust Reply”

• Dee

October 21, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Hahahahahahaha

• nikky

October 21, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Lol. OMG you still remember.

• Swizzey

October 22, 2015 at 12:59 am

I thought I was the only one that was waiting for the ROBUST REPLY…I waited O!..I waited sooooooo long…NOTHING! and yet I feel the COZA folk are acting as if nothing ever happened? Now, Pastor Anselm, I commend his courage for coming out to confess, how many men..no wait!..how many men of GOD can come out and confess their mistakes when it concerns a woman?

• TouchNotMyAnnointed

October 21, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Reminds me of Dele COZA and the Ese Walters saga. She was banished and labelled a Jezebelous spirit…lol!!!

COZA voltrons where una dey oh?? Lol….worshipping man like he cant do wrong!!!

• Glad

October 22, 2015 at 12:07 am

I’m really glad he confessed and was remorseful about it. Doing it in front of his congregation shows a truly humble and broken spirit. Whatever he did, I admire his courage. We all fall down, but we must get back up again.
      Nigerian Pastors… Atink una dey learn from ya mate here? God hates a proud heart.

• kehinde

October 22, 2015 at 5:12 am

same with me too o,all these yeye nigeria pastors, that is why i call jesus on my own

2. The girl who eats Jollof rice & drinks kai kai

October 21, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Ahem*
    confounded,confused,flabbergasted!
    Mi ole wa ku!
    What?
    Onum sharrap biko!
    gerrarahere men shityouknowwhatiamsaying…

3. Fols

October 21, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Whaaaaaaaat?

4. Tolu

October 21, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Hope the others will confess too now o before I start dragging them out????.
    Naija pastors you na dey try. So na the lady go con surfer for the thing? Anyway it’s biblical but Jesus did not send the adulterous woman out but he gave her a second chance

5. Amaaa

October 21, 2015 at 1:29 pm

As always the woman is to blame for every mans woes. Where there is no intent there is no crime. If you found her repulsive you would not have fallen for her so called seduction. Rubbish it’s ok to confess but please take full responsibility for actions you and you alone is to be blamed for your sin. Some one will rape a child and blame it on the devil.

6. "For a saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up."

October 21, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Proverbs 28:13 “He who conceals his sins will not prosper but he who confesses and forsakes them will receive mercy and find compassion.”

John 3:17 “For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved.”

John 8:4-11 “They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
    Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
    He lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
    When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.”

• Judge Not

October 21, 2015 at 1:51 pm

God bless you for this, The pastor is also flesh and blood like us and is also tempted by the things that tempt us all, so before you start to condemn him look within you, if you have never sinned before, then go ahead and castigate him. On the last day we all will be judged according to our deeds, pastor, congregation, young, old, rich, poor, white, black, Christian, Muslim, pagan, atheist etc all of us will stand be for God and give account, so rather than judge him, I would advice you to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling! The pastor has confessed his sins and he will be forgiven but if you die tomorrow without confessing yours, hmm you know where that will lead you, may God help us all.

• "For a saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up."

October 21, 2015 at 2:16 pm

BN, thanks for the Update. If only it had come as part of the article when you first posted it. thanks at least for adding it and reposting. The eye-witness accounts, both of the prior run of events in the church as well as the speech by the Pastor, and available substantiability with the tape (for the benefit of die-hard cynics) is a relief to know.

7. Abi

October 21, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Hahaha

I’m waiting for the touch not my anointed voltrons, why didn’t they expell the pastor too, if they can forgive the pastor why not forgive the lady as well

Religion is our undoing in this country

• Tosin

October 21, 2015 at 1:50 pm

its his ministry. its impossible to Expell the founder. I think Expelling the Lady is not the solution but then we do not know the surrounding story. maybe this is not her first time. Maybe shes been doing this allover… (not saying she has just MAYBE) but as i said, there are other surrounding stories that might also be the build up. but then again they are two consenting adults so i believe bothe should be punished appropraitely. that is if theres any punishment.

8. salewa

October 21, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Women continue to be castigated by the society. It is quite clear that both parties as consenting adults were involved in the sexual act. Still the woman gets sent away from the church.

I praise and cherish every woman in the Nigerian society because our every step or misstep is harshly judged, we continue to be mistreated, disrespected and demeaned. I hope every woman finds the inner strength to keep on going forward!

9. TheRealist

October 21, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Let me make sure I got this straight…

You cheat on your spouse, then come before the zombies…er, sorry, I meant congregation…to inform them of how you have been “foul played” (so, it’s not really your fault), get them to cast your victim…er, sorry, foul player…out into the wilderness in shame, and get consoled by the very spouse that you cheated on. Great gig if you can get it!

• newbie

October 21, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Like seriously!

October 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm

LMAOOO @ZOmbies!

10. imaculate

October 21, 2015 at 1:43 pm

That church too hen! So many fine big babes! It takes the grace of God not too commit there o.

I know som1 who was separated from his wife sometime back. Somehow he found himself there but when he saw the way the big and very fine babes were swarming around him like bees no body beg him to go back to his wife!

In his testimony he had never been more confued and tempted in his life. He ran back to his wife so fast the wife can’t stop making fun of him.

But then thank God for grace for second chance. It is well with both of you. Pastor and Kike

11. Ann

October 21, 2015 at 1:45 pm

So let me get this straight. He cheated on his wife but it’s only the girl who got expelled? Wow. And this right here is why we need feminism. “He didn’t know she had bad intentions”. Were you raped? It was consensual. You both had sex! But she gets expelled and you remain as a pastor? So you can be forgiven but the woman can’t? This is the “Christianity” we practice in Nigeria? Wow. Just wow.

• Miko'o

October 22, 2015 at 6:58 am

Read the whole story, don’t commit the sin of hurried jugdement….there’s a counter argument by insiders as provided in the update. Jungle justice on social media is unfair too…..secondly, you are not 100% sure this article is 100% correct…so it’s more civil to take a cautionary stand than to make hurried conclusions for the fun of it…and with such audacity.

12. Omoj

October 21, 2015 at 1:53 pm

We fall down and we get up!!! I got goose bumps just reading it because I have met him. Such a down to earth man. The Lord is your strength. It’s not easy to do what you did( that is coming out). I still prefer that the lady’s identity be kept anonymous.
    At this time and age, things like this can be done in private with God not men though. Hey what do I know?

• TheRealist

October 21, 2015 at 2:05 pm

@Omoj, down to earth?! He’s down to something alright… This is one pastor I certainly would not want to kneel down in front of with my eyes closed (or even open). Smh

• Omoj

October 21, 2015 at 2:38 pm

You know it’s different if you speak from afar, I speak from an understanding of some form of proximity. I have had pleasure with seating with him and his now deceased wife for dinner. He makes us laugh and I remembered when I was still single, he was like hey ….. When are we coming to eat pounded yam? Gave me an insight to many things about life. Like someone did, Pastors are humans too. This is a valley moment for him, there is only one direction now and that’s UP!!! He will get back up again.

13. Shaded

October 21, 2015 at 1:54 pm

So as the Shepherd he led one is his flock astray but it is the lamb that gets the blame. Interesting.

14. Busarni

October 21, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I respect you sir, it takes real gut to do this. Don’t judge, we all have our various struggles.

15. OD

October 21, 2015 at 2:01 pm

We need to understand one thing, pastors are human beings too, and they have blood running in their body, Remember only God is perfect. The only problem I have here is, why suspend only the lady when two people were involved. let he/she who had not sin cast the first stone.

16. Paul Babalola

October 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Nigeria churches and controversy. Both parties are to be blamed and are guilty as hell. My question to Nigerian women is that, why is it that in a church congregation, why do you have 75% of the congregation as women. Are they jobless or is it that Nigerian men are like the English who don’t go to church again. I have been to churches in Nigeria, I only see women, ratio of ladies to guys is almost 10:1. I salute Pastors wives, how do they cope with all these women making indirect advances at their husband in the name of counselling.

• TheRealist

October 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

@St. Paul, I suppose they cope in much the same way that these women’s husbands cope with all these pastors making DIRECT advances on the female members of the congregation in the name of counselling and blessing. [email protected]

• DIddy

October 21, 2015 at 4:02 pm

It’s simple na life partner dem dey find, no be salvation, u no suppose ask this kind question next time lol, we just have to admit that everything either good or bad happens in church and mosque

17. nne

October 21, 2015 at 2:18 pm

NOW LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR,THE BIBLE SAYS THAT WE SHOULD EXPOSE SIN INSTEAD OF COVERING IT,IT ALSO SAYS CONFESS YOUR SINS TO ONE ANOTHER,SO IF ANY MAN OF GOD COMMITS ADULTERY AND OPENLY CONFESSES AND REBUKES HIS SIN, I WILL RESPECT THAT MAN OF GOD.

18. aisha

October 21, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I have a feeling the lady was about to start or had started blackmailing him, hence the confession. Its just a gut feeling I have

19. whocares

October 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm

So he sleeps with her, outside of his marriage, somehow the woman gets the blame because of her “destructive spirit” and the wife consoles him and they chase the “destructive spirit” from the church.? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh golsh. If I did not read this I would have thought it was a script for a nollywood movie. Such hypocrisy. Women just cannot win. As if they were not two consenting adults. Yet one is vilified and almost witch hunted and the other gets salvation because he “repented”. Oshi o da nile pako sha.

20. mrs chidukane

October 21, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I read this article before the update and I had to come back because I really didn’t know what to comment before. I still don’t know what to comment.

21. Paul Babalola

October 21, 2015 at 2:43 pm

This story can’t be true. I have just read via the tabloid on this lady’s marriage to K-Solo. This lady accused Ksolo then of beating her after spending so much money on him, she was practically feeding KSolo according to her narratives, fast forward to this incident, she’s prophesying in the house of God. The lady from what I gathered from this story and her past looks very shaddy. I will implore people to read about her. This lady is manipulative, KSolo accused her of that also. Pls, folks should educate themselves on this lady, this incident should not be treated in isolation. Kikelomo alleged she spent 5 million naira on ksolo as at that time, KSolo was an established producer.

• Author Unknown

October 21, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Who has time to be investigating the pastor or Kike’s background? I don’t think many people care that much. Besides, KSB has said that it was just a jezebel spirit matter, even though the pastor allegedly confessed to dating for three months and wept terribly as he did so, so wetin be my own. LOL.

22. baby4u2

October 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I am wondering if the remaining half of this story was not up before most people posted. Please lets all go and re-read there are two accounts one from new outlet one from his ministers in church. I choose to believe he did not cheat. Lets get the story clear. This one is hear say. He was not clear in his speech that’s why most people are jumping to conclusions. He did not cheat abeg. Make una read the whole story again and ask proper church members that where in church that day not all this news outlet.

23. Misisi

October 21, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Kikelomo is right, that ministry should be shut down. Churches these days are a joke and sham, and everybody is against the poor lady, but she is right.

I don’t think she slept with the pastor but simply gave the pastor a prophesy he did not like and he started crying that she has a destructive spirit, that he made a mistake to allow her to have a prominent position.

What if it is true that the pastor really needs to shutdown the ministry? I personally think 95% of all churches in Nigeria should be shutdown, the Holy Spirit has left their gatherings, simple.

Most pastors these days are simply running businesses they call “church”, they unqualified to find a job anywhere even though God has not called them, that “church’ is their only means of survival. So, they keep faking it and jumping around to keep the tithe and money coming in.

• Misisi

October 21, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Correcting myself before the hounds jump in on this truth, “prophecy” not “prophesy” there is a difference…

• Guenevere

October 21, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Can you be more specific? Shut down for what reason? Is there something unholy that you actually know goes on in that church. I’m all for the truth and that’s why I ask. I don’t think it’s enough to just say, ‘shut it down’.

• molarah

October 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm

If the only prophecy she gave was about the church shutting down, this may not have created an issue. But telling the pastor he married wrongly and he should leave his wife? That’s just a major red flag. In fact it should be one of the Signs The Prophet You Are Listening To Is False. Marriage breakup has always been and remains unbiblical, so she was definitely up to something malicious if she actually prophesied that.

And pause next time before you make generalizations about churches. Jesus Christ has His church (body of believers) here on earth, and they follow their Savior, not the materialistic or religious tendencies of this age.

24. Idomagirl

October 21, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I like how Nigerians who on a good day will judge you for every single thing suddenly remember “he who is without sin cast the first stone” or “thou shall not judge” when a pastor is involved.

Apply these verses to other people’s matters not just your pastors.

25. Niyoola

October 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Pastor, Eku ise Oluwa.

26. person

October 21, 2015 at 3:15 pm

at least he didn’t claim to have “a different level of grace”!! ,…. neither did he say he is thinking of a ROBUST response…. May God have mercy on us all.

27. Jojo

October 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm

These are two consenting adults. Why is all the blame being heaped on the lady? They both fell in the same spot and the act of forgiveness should be bestowed on both. If he did confess because it leaked or was about to be leaked or maybe his conscience got the better of him, good for him and his family.
    I don’t think the lady should be thrashed and thrown under the bus. Certainly the church is mature enough to handle her issues if even if they are very severe and or call in the right kind of help for her as someone that probably ran to them for help…..

Just viewing this as an observer. with no dog in the race

28. Tee

October 21, 2015 at 4:03 pm

‘he who lets the hedge down, the serpent shall bite’ Ecclesiastes 10:8.

29. concerned9ja

October 21, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Not all so called “Pastors” have the calling or Anointing…some do call themselves..and you can tell just by simply looking at the congregation and what’s allowed to pass..bringing the world into the church!!…
    Anointed…by whom??
    And who saves the woman cast out into the wilderness??

30. fleur

October 21, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Sorry Pastor Anselem. You thought me something important about the devil being on the offensive and the meaning of that and I am happy for that. I hope that wisdom works for you. Nigerian girls are just maniacs and cannot say no. The men are under threat from women and it is an uncommon type of threat. I really hope that he finds redemption.

• Tari

October 22, 2015 at 10:15 am

Now it is Nigerian women fault?
      I assume you are a woman? The reasoning of Nigerian women confuse me.
      I am not interested in the issue at hand and ignore it as I am past bothering about such.
      Just wanted to address your faulty line of reasoning as it concerns Nigerian women.

• Wee You Keep Kwayet!

October 22, 2015 at 5:34 pm

My fren will you keep kwayet! What the hell is this one saying? So Nigerian women are to blame for the inability of some Nigerian men to respect themselves? Mshew, gerrarahia mehn

31. MAN

October 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm

I thought getting married not long after he lost his wife was to prevent him from yielding to temptation? So what happened.? I really feel sorry for my fellow women. His wife would have mourned him till death. Am so angry. A tire men dem sef.

• Tari

October 22, 2015 at 10:17 am

How are you sure his wife would have mourned him till death? Do you have any proof of that?
      Where does this assumption that women have greater grace in controlling their libido and desires come from? They are just better at hiding it.

• gist

October 22, 2015 at 11:39 am

Wen ur papa pass tell ur mama make she hold herself. Ode. People just come an write things because dey no get 9 – 5. Hissss

32. Sam

October 21, 2015 at 10:54 pm

It is just so sad that many who have posted comments on this medium either did not read the story through or simply let their preconceived notions hold sway on their judgement. Either way bellanaija is guilty of using a screaming headline with malicious coloration just to attract gullible readers to read this piece of s**t they call news.

33. Lolo

October 21, 2015 at 11:24 pm

People are just too sad, everybody is looking for meat lol. My pastor did not do anything with this woman as far as adultry. Well if adultry is not added to the story, will you read the post. Pls ooo we don’t wamt you in our church, go and follow for adultrious pastors and leave our God sent one for us. “Don’t you wish your pastor was like mine” the only people that have the right to comment here are those that were present at the service.

34. Redcarpet Guru

October 22, 2015 at 8:04 am

The Netng, cannot be a respectable media house and be publishing lies. The owners of the Netng were not in church, let alone see that the pastor knelt down. All the stories are heresay. A simple church sermon taken out of contest and it turns to the fact that the pastor knelt down in church. When will all these silliness in the Media stop. Just for for people to get traction on their platform they will post rubbish.
    The girl in question was a church member in the intercessory department, she was sususpended on account of having a questionable and destructive spirit of prophecy, after prophecisying that Apostle Anselm ‘Madubuko married wrongly, and should divorce his wife.
    Now as a discerning pastor and after prayers from other church pastors, it was agreed that they suspend her first.
    Even the Bible says the Christian folk should be wary of lying tongues and false spirits. The church service where The Netng claimed the Apostle knelt down is all a lie. These media can lie for Nigeria oooo.
    Bella Naija, we expect you make your research well before quoting silly media houses. Like The Netng.

35. momo karbo.

October 22, 2015 at 3:55 pm

What’s this crap all about? There we go again the woman tempted me, the devil made me do it. The only person that needs to be expelled from that devil’s dungeon, is that cowardly moron. He should be asking his imaginary god to forgive him. He is nothing but a coward. He should be man enough to admit that he dated her because he chose to. All you cowardly infantile men, should stop blaming women, after all, they are our only creators, not big daddy up the sky.

36. Marc Francis of Chelsea

October 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm

“Oh pastor, our prayer warrior is evil. Let us kick her out of the church.”

Marinate on that.

You are evil. Rather than aim for reformation, the CHURCH will kick you out. Your sin is too much so please leave us to our little sins. Don’t come with your seductive, sexual deviant, Jezebel ways to seduce our poor, weak-willed, coercable man of God.

*Rolls eyes to space.*