Music

President Obama has a Few Things to Say about Kanye West’s Aim at the White House for 2020

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

122313-music-barack-obama-still-listens-to-kanye-west

By now everyone knows that rapper Kanye West has every intention to run for President in 2020.

He made the announcement at the VMAs and the world has been left wondering just how serious he is ever since.

Now, the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama weighed in on the situation – with a little advice for Kanye.

President Obama gave Kanye some advice about running for president in 2020 during a speech at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in San Francisco on Saturday, October 10. The event featured a performance by the rapper.

He stated:

Kanye is thinking about running… for Speaker of the House. It couldn’t get any stranger. But in case Kanye is serious about this whole POTUS thing –- or as he calls it, ‘peezy’ –- I do have some advice for him.

First of all, you have to spend some time dealing with some strange characters who act like they’re on a reality TV show. You gotta be cool with that.

Second important tip: Saying you have a beautiful dark twisted fantasy — that’s what’s known as off message in politics. People have lost congressional seats that way.

And number three: Do you really think this country’s going to elect a black guy from the South Side of Chicago with a funny name to be president of the U.S.? That’s crazy. Cray.

Obama and Kanye are both from Chicago’s south side.

In response, Kanye West sent out two pairs of Yeezys to the President and shared the photos on social media.

Kanye West Kanye

One photo showed two boxes containing shoes from West’s line, Yeezy Boost, with the name Obama on both while in the second photo, President Obama’s signature with the number 44, is next to Kanye’s signature with the numbers 46 and 2020, signifying Obama as the 44th president and West as the 46th president, if he were to be elected.

1. Ada Ada

October 11, 2015 at 5:24 am

I’m passing by and laughing in Chinese mandarin…………mtchewwwwww

2. Mimi May

October 11, 2015 at 8:21 am

A step starts a thousand mile. Mr West has started the process.

3. X

October 11, 2015 at 9:53 am

I think the craziest part of Kanye being president is Kim Kardashian as the first lady XD

• Ese

October 11, 2015 at 1:59 pm

As in..that is actually the craziest/scariest part..and knowing Americans as crazy people, anything is possible.. Smh

4. tk

October 11, 2015 at 10:22 am

Okay, so y’all if Donald Trump should win, I fear immigration ooo , maybe I’m the one that’s missing something but I think he’ll really tighten it ! Obama years would soon be up ??? coolest president in the history of life. And Kanye? Broo that’s a dream, he should Just go back to sleep and dream again

• Jonz

October 11, 2015 at 10:53 am

Stay in your country and be of benefit o fearful one.

• ElessarisEllendil

October 11, 2015 at 12:43 pm

You think Donald Trump as President will tighten immigration????????My God! you’re funny!! Obama isn’t a cooler President than Theodore Roosevelt or hell even his imperial ruler for life Delano.

• ATL's finest

October 11, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Lmao!!! That’s my Presido ( Obama).. Lol @ Kanye. When I think of Kim bn the First lady of the United States, I can’t help but cry while laughing.. Secondly, as for Donald Trump I’m still begging someone to get him off my screen. Oh wait no1 can do anything about it until his opponent knocks him out. But dammm I’d vote for Ivanka before him ( that’s if she was running for the house).

5. www.betterhealth.com.ng

October 11, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Humorous

6. Darius

October 11, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Was Mr Obama mocking Kanye West or genuinely advising him? I don’t really get it! I bet Obama nd Michelle had a good laugh when Kanye announced he would run for president, 2020.

7. Rude Boy

October 11, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Kanye is rude, stupid and arrogant he will never be my president… Rubbish..

8. Nne

October 11, 2015 at 7:27 pm

I love people that dream but my fear with Kanye is that this whole presidency thing is just something else he wants to prove to himself and his critics that he can achieve but he is actually not interested in the main politics
    Kanye West is someone that gets bored in life easily and loves challenges but I fear the US presidency is not something to play with. He went from being a producer, got bored and became a rapper, got bored and decided to go to fashion. He always used to rant about how he wanted to build a fashion house by a black man in the likes of Louis vuitton, givenchy and the rest. Now that fashion is not going too straightforward, he’s diving into presidency.

What would happen with china, russia, syria, intfact with what the world is going through, how would the American political power fare in the world? China might just take over

Lets not forget this man is a drop out and apart from his partnerships with fashion houses, he has not actually built a sustainable global company that I can think of.

9. MEE

October 11, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Kanye Kanye….. You have much to learn young padawan.

10. nee

October 12, 2015 at 8:57 am

the scariest part, KIM would be first lady? tufiakwa

11. Moet

October 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually happened coz they would have already arranged it in their Illuminati circles. afterall, dont they rule this dark world?