Scoop

Say What?! It’s the FINAL Episode of ‘The Gist’ with Toyosi Phillips | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

TCD_0173It’s been a fabulous journey – from hot topics to interviews, Toyosi Phillips has thoroughly entertained us with ‘The Gist’, produced by Sahara TV.

For her final episode, the guest of the week is documentary filmmaker, producer and presenter of ‘Africa In The City’, Tracy Thompson. Tracy talks starting out making films, being African-American and tracing her roots, what you need to be a successful documentary maker, her most interesting piece and more.

We’ll miss you Toyosi! We can’t wait to see what else you have in store.

Watch

1. Author Unknown

October 20, 2015 at 8:05 pm

You too? I beg, gist us about what’s really going on at BN.

2. nunulicious

October 20, 2015 at 10:37 pm

why quitting so soon? or do you mean season 1 is over? lol

3. Kohlah

October 20, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Noooo why? Her opinions were so refreshing. First Atoke, now Toyosi

4. Bbnt

October 21, 2015 at 4:17 am

Loved the show but I missed her writing. She needs to start writing again.

• Apatha

October 21, 2015 at 3:59 pm

I agree she needs to start writing again. Her articles are very interesting and insightful

5. G

October 21, 2015 at 4:39 am

ehm my opinion my observation.
    I noted Dr Damages and Toysin episodes missed the regular release. I just said to my self I hope all is well oh.
    Read on Toysin’s handle, picked on this word believe in yourself. To me just tells me politics everywhere. Well as Nene L says when one doors closes another opens. Eager to see your next project…

6. thirdeyed

October 21, 2015 at 5:34 am

The rate at which people are just dissapearing anyhow on BN these days, maka need to employ. Expert detectives o.
    We will all miss you toyosi, God bless your new endeavours.

7. Ms Jayee

October 21, 2015 at 7:38 am

Duh! “The Gist” is not a BN property. It belongs to Sahara TV.

• aproko

October 21, 2015 at 11:37 am

I was about to question ppl’s comment above

8. bunny

October 22, 2015 at 3:32 pm

so sahara did it such that her last episode is of her introducing us to another sahara sponsored series..i’m getting them now
    at least this one seems nice and insightful otherwise i would have had some hate messages

9. Oo

March 27, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Toyosi had to relocate to Nigeria because she doesn’t have a US work permit. She was able to work with Sahara earlier because she had OpT which is a one year work authorization that all students are entitled to. I believe sahara reporters cannot sponsor the nature of work that toyosi does on a work visa as it needs to be in a specialty occupation. Hope this helps and people stop assuming that there was a strain in the relationship between toyosi and Sahara. Hope this helps.