Relationships

Trying to Be Strong – Separated Toyin Aimakhu begs Fans to stop Putting Pressure on Her Personal Life

Toyin AimakhuA few days ago, Toyin Aimakhu responded to a fan for saying her ‘happiness is not complete’ without her estranged husband, Adeniyi Johnson.

Toyin separated from her husband recently, when she found flirtatious messages on his phone.

Even though he publicly apologized – in fact, he asked fans to ‘beg her’, the couple has still remained apart. Toyin addressed the flak she’s been getting from fans in a heartfelt Instagram post today.Toyin Aimakhu

“I have loved, I have trusted. I have been hurt, severally, still, I have been faithful, to love. There comes a time however when one needs to be faithful to SELF. My peeps it will be totally insensitive of me not clear the air on some issues concerning my relationship. I know you all love me and want the best for me but I need you to trust me on this.

Trust me I want the best for myself too.

If you truly love me and wish me well, please help me focus on my professional career. I want to be the best I can be and bring joy to as many as I can. I have taken a decision I know is best for my well being for now and all I need from all and sundry, are your prayers and unwavering support.

Please do not let me dwell on the past. It’s hurting. I want to heal. Please help me in my healing process. I need to heal first. The simple thing I need you all to do for me is stop the pressure on me over my personal issues. Help me grow professionally. Criticized my work. I have many of them. I love you all.”

1. Beckie

October 23, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Toyin did u actually write this post yourself abi ur publicist did!! Lol
    Toyin as long as u are a celebrity, people would surely have a say or 2 in ur matter. It’s how u ignore the negative comments and build on on d positive side of things, that’s what makes u Great!!
    I still think u are a better actress than the likes of Rukky Sanda, Juliet Ibrahim etc.

• M"kabel

October 23, 2015 at 10:21 pm

“Kabel …….. allow her imaginary wings to fly her to her imaginary world… time ll tell….. and to her hubby….. keep ur finger crossed… start new hunting if ur trapped meat feels you are not the best predator….. funny couple.

2. Yinda1

October 23, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Toyin you’re goat. You keep adding more diesel to the fire. When last has anything such as marriage worked smoothly in the public eye? Well! if you really really really need advice and encourage like that, I encourage you get back with your husband and shut your mouth about everything that goes on in your marriage. You and your husband needs to stop making a total ass of yourselves. Am not surprised if your husband is lying right next to you and all these are some publicity crap to gain attention.

• May

October 23, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Hey! Calm down..I hope your life is perfect though hehe!

• Tari

October 24, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Her life is not perfect but she does not share every irrelevant bit with the public.
      As long as you lie with dogs, fleas is a natural accomplice.
      Enough of all these attention-seeking whores. Displaying your private live is not a given for entertainers. If you choose to share, the public will be forced to comment.
      Simple!!

• diamondsare4eva

October 23, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Did you really need to call her a goat. You could have gotten ur point across without calln her that. All you faceless bullies that on a regular, ur life is even less than basic. That being said, people hurt in different ways, and people heal in different ways. Some prefer to deal with it privately, while some prefer to write,get it off that way and even heal that way. Please never criticise someone hurting. People hurt differently, another person may scrug it off while some even contemplate suicide.

• yinda1

October 24, 2015 at 7:12 am

I seriously don’t understand how I have bullied Toyin. Yes! I did call her a goat, goat referring to her stubbornness to publicize her marriage. Anyone with common sense famous or not famous knows marriage is sacred and fully enjoyed in keeping matters mostly private. I did not go on TA’s instagram page reigning words of bullying on her. After all, I would’ve not known what is going on in her marriage if she hadn’t talked about it. I only said what I wanted say, which is known as opinion not bullying. So therefore Hun, go and research the word bully/bullying before you become defensive with a lack of common sense.

• MadamKofosi

October 24, 2015 at 9:08 am

@yinda, you know say you dey f- up.

1. is it your marriage?
      2. is it your publicity or your privacy?
      3. is it your common sense?

I think you are stubborn and have a loose mouth and by saying someone lacks common sense just because they point out your wrongs makes you what you called Toyin. Ewu, goat, akuya, ewure. very stubborn child!

• love

October 24, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Re- Yinda1
      Pls pls, that was too harsh Yinda1. you don’t need to insult her cos you want to give her some advice. pls next time don’t throw insults at people cos u want to advice them. there are ways to go about issues like this.

3. Nefertiti

October 23, 2015 at 9:33 pm

@beckie: I was so enjoying reading this and asking thesame question until I hit ‘critisized my work’….Lol. She try sha!

4. Yinda1

October 23, 2015 at 9:34 pm

*encouragement.

5. Teekay

October 23, 2015 at 10:36 pm

She and her husband sha like social media publicity! Whatever he has done to you pls channel it to baba God and let him do the work for you… Open ur heart to forgiveness and let God heal you!! All the best

6. Thompson

October 23, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Toyin got feelings too. She’s human in every sense of the word. Who told you a crisis relationship can’t be healed in the days ahead? She just needs time to straighten herself out. Only she knew the trauma she has endured. Give her a break please? .

7. Chayoma

October 23, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Dear Toyin Aimahku, the word ‘severally’ doesn’t mean ‘many times’, but ‘separately’. Thank you.

• May

October 24, 2015 at 12:04 am

English teacher!

8. clara

October 23, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Please darling take things easy don’t let another’s mistake reshape u.I see you as a homely girl don’t let the world take away your sweetness. Forgive your husband not because he deserves it but because your home deserves peace.May The good Lord bless ur home .

• Nahum

October 24, 2015 at 4:21 pm

How does forgiving a serial adulterer bring peace in the home??? Can someone please explain this concept to me? Does forgiving an armed robber that constantly comes to rob your home bring peace? What about a rapist that constantly comes to rape your wife? Please explain o cause I don’t understand how encouraging cheating brings peace. If she keeps on staying, he will keep on cheating cause he knows she is not going anywhere.

9. aikay

October 23, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Oh please who even cares about this one, I don’t even know her. Do us all a favour and keep both you and your marriage to urself. This article is just another way to get pple talking abt ur life over again. Silence is golden, I dunno why some people neva learn.

10. Violet

October 24, 2015 at 12:36 am

Just when i thought toyin did a good job with this( all thanks to her PR)
    She proved me wrong with the ‘critisized my work’
    Hahahahaha..
    Hilarious something.

11. chizzy

October 24, 2015 at 12:38 am

This sister you love social media too much… Your just trying to stay relevant i get….

12. Joe

October 24, 2015 at 2:57 am

Chayoma, I think she got the word ‘severally’ right. Check your dictionary again. Both meanings are absolutely correct.

13. fashion IQ

October 24, 2015 at 7:09 am

This girl is one of my favourite actresses ever. Hope God helps you to settle the rift and move on. That being said, I want to start a new talk show and getting a good and upcoming presenter is really hard. who wants to Join me as a presenter. email at [email protected] for more details

14. rima ben

October 24, 2015 at 7:55 am

May God give u d strength u need to forgive him cos divorce is nt d solution

15. NOWYOUNOWANTMAKEWETALK?

October 24, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Dear Toyin, when you were doing #mrsjohnson#johnsonfamily#mrsadeniyi#mysmallgod#myhusband#mylover#myeverything#myoloworimi#everything that has to do with marriage that was when you invited us into your marriage and personal life. My dear you laid that bed please lie on it. Hope this is lesson for you.

• Hey

November 9, 2015 at 12:52 am

Be sensitive to people’s hurts. They was why she wrote that she’d loved deeply. …….. can’t you just read and pay attention?

16. oba

October 25, 2015 at 10:59 am

Toyin,I wish u perfect healing from all u are going through now, pls try to forgive ur husband and stop displaying ur marital issue on social media.Marriage is not a showbiz matter,It’s a very serious business meant for serious minded individuals with great sense of maturity.I pray that d Lord shall see u through this trying time.God bless u.

17. miscuit

October 25, 2015 at 3:50 pm

all these celebrities should behave themselves na…i dont even know this one sef….but my dear if you love and respect your home then keep your issues to yourself.. God instituted marriage and only him can solve any issue related to it.

18. lolly berry

November 10, 2015 at 7:25 pm

u pple should stop insulting my frend, she hv her life to leave, mind ur business

19. lizzy

November 13, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Toyin,I wish u perfect healing from all u are going through now, pls try to forgive ur husband and I pray that d Lord shall see u through God bless u.

20. Esther Tolulope

December 3, 2015 at 10:34 pm

My dear Toyin,pls accept niyi appologies,somemen wen caught won’t even apologize bt for him to be remorseful show he loves u, pls forgive him n move back home.