News

Ambode & Security Operatives Patrol Lagos to Assess Security Situation

If you are currently in Lagos, then you are probably aware of the rising insecurity becoming prevalent in the city.

Governor of Lagos, Akinwunmi Ambode appears to be actively seeking solutions to the issue.

Ambode and some security operatives, were spotted going on patrol in parts of Lagos very early on Monday morning. They are said to have studied certain areas, and brainstormed effective security measures to suit each location.

Ambode 1 Ambode 2Also, the governor on Tuesday presided over the State Security Council meeting with an assurance to the people of the state that the government will increase security surveillance across the metropolis and continuously raid identified hideouts of criminals, akinwunmiambode.com reports.

Photo Credit: Twitter/@akinwunmiambode

1. Bimpe

November 4, 2015 at 11:27 am

Oh that fixes it…. Great

• Me

November 4, 2015 at 6:19 pm

He came out of his gate and they r forming parole. Abegii lets hear word. This man is a joke

• U. E

November 4, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Shey, when Jimi was telling you guys, “I am not like them”, una no hear. You people were busying singing “Ambo Ambo”. Now, look what “Ambo Ambo” is doing.
      Right from his campaign days, didn’t he look shady enough especially that picture where he looks to the side and join his hands together like he is a saint and wants to pray. LOL.

Oshey “VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE”

• jimi who?

November 4, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Pleas abeg Jimi did a poor job at running Jaykay Pharmacy so how will he do a good job with a whole Lagos state?

2. zeal

November 4, 2015 at 11:47 am

Well done Sir! But please, these miscreants have relocated to Ajah traffic, kindly look into this and help us sort it out. Thank you

• heheh

November 4, 2015 at 1:13 pm

ajah ke! ha! please which side and mornings or evenings?

3. Nengi

November 4, 2015 at 11:48 am

It’s laughable that in the same area a lady was attacked this same morning… Ambode, stop spending time paying blogs, raido stations and media propaganda, roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty… your ineptitude is becoming legendary sir… With all due respect; Lagos is slipping from 3rd to 4th world under your care… we don’t want pictures, we want results.

thanks

• Mz Titilitious

November 4, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Gbam! Preach on my Bro!….. Lagos is moving backwards with Ambode on the throne.

4. ' Deola

November 4, 2015 at 11:50 am

I wish they all had bullet proof vests on. The pictures make the task ahead look casual. I thought this was a serious concern.

5. prince

November 4, 2015 at 12:23 pm

He just have to fix it. the insecurity is become a norm. traffic robbery everyday

6. Tikka Masala

November 4, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Joker.

7. Ola

November 4, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Am going to have a very big knife in an obvious place in my car … I have to defend myself or try as govt can’t do that , the number of police man lagos have now was still same during fashola time , so wht an excuse , am sure fashola paid some jobless lagos thugs to b off tge road n created jobs for them as well , cos there is no way things like this will b happening n no trace to it n they have leaders or background men n leader that can talk to them … Omg I use ATM in d uk by 12am in d morning n very last at night I work around with no fear cos CCTV is watching my every step thanks to my hubby tax pay , am so worried abt this gonna b back in lagos n I work very last at night n very early in the morning As my job need me to n am going to face this … Am going place an axe in front of my car

• Anon

November 4, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Am going to have a very big knife in an obvious place in my car … I have to defend myself or try.
      Am going place an axe in front of my car.

Please don’t fight back. As long as you give them what they want, let it go. Material things can be replaced. It’s not worth it getting killed or maimed over your handbag or even your car.

8. Tolu

November 4, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Playing politics with human lives again? Na God go safe us from all these untruthful politician.

9. A.D.A.

November 4, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Is this parade of pot bellies supposed to reassure anybody? Please.

10. SWAAG1

November 4, 2015 at 2:06 pm

I hope it iis not delibrate to have these theives roam the street, so that the state govt will then allocate millions of dollars as secuity fund. I see ur strategy governor, just saying, Dont play the secuirty card like Jonathan cuz we are watching.

11. Moyo

November 4, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Ambode needs good advisers, it is not just to use photo opportunities, there should be a monitoring team of the police and the army involved to patrol the dark spots where the robbery takes especially during the peak/rush hour periods.

12. Tari

November 4, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I must be the only one who sees this pic and thinks these man are just returning from Quilox on a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. #turnupking

I refuse to take this Ambode guy serious. He does not inspire confidence, one bit.

13. The Buttery Hotness

November 4, 2015 at 6:34 pm

It’s really not by pointing a finger, staring into nothingness, and taking photos. If that could fix this problem, don’t you think we’d all be doing it by now? It riles me up, how our “leaders” take the lives of Nigerians for granted. How can people break the windows of motorists, and steal their possessions in broad day light, yet here you are pointing your finger at only God knows what, for the sake of a photo op. I’m a hardcore patriot of this country and believe that Nigeria is bursting at the seams with potentials, but these leaders will stop at nothing to stunt the growth and development of this nation. People are getting attacked and robbed in broad daylight! Are you going to sit up when people actually start to get killed? Please quit all this baby boy stunts and do the work you were “elected” to do. Thanks and God bless.

P.S. I want to believe that he is actually getting work done, but I just needed to vent. Ambode is not the only culprit, the country is rife with them.

14. eriviv

November 4, 2015 at 8:00 pm

I’m extremely disappointed with this Amode man!! Are you telling me you actually instructed a photographer to follow you out there and take pictures of you looking blank into the night with your goons? What on earth is the point of this!!!! Do you think this is a bloody joke?

I still haven’t gotten over the helicopter acquisition and as one of the commentors said you don’t inspire confidence at all.

Get out of there my friend!!!

15. Ej

November 4, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Now I know this is a joke. Isnt this Falomo under the bridge right beside police barracks. Seriously na, is that where all these robbery attacks happen? And the people were brainstorming about what really? If anything is going to be done all the personnel that were working during fashola’s time should be brought back or you bring in more stricter measure. Sir, please don’t fall our hand. Abeg!

16. Ephi

November 4, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Ambode should better carry notebook / pen and go to Fashola for lessons. At the rate he is going, he may end up impeached. Imagine using the current security issue as a photo op. Mstchew