Music

Sean Tizzle can’t stop gushing about Omawumi’s “Hello” Cover | Says Adele’s Version was Weak

Sean Tizzle

Sean Tizzle is causing quite a bit of controversy on Twitter.

The music star recently listened to Omawumi’s cover of Adele’s “Hello” and he loved it as much as we did. He loved the infusion of Reggae and loved how Omawumi sounded on the track.

He even thinks she did a lot better than Adele on the track and called Adele’s original song ‘weak’.

See his tweets below.

1 2 3 4 5 6

1. tass

November 13, 2015 at 11:53 am

Lol @ Adele’s version is weak.for her own song o.na wa.

• Madre mufasa

November 13, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Hello its me
      I was wondering if after your last track you might have lost your head,
      They say fame changes you, now I can tell,

Hello
      Can you hear me Sean?
      I’m in Lagos dreaming about who u used to be,
      When you were an indie with no money
      Have u forgotten how it felt before the world fell at ur feet.

Give up… Sean panude!

2. chi-e-z

November 13, 2015 at 12:00 pm

geez can’t we just share the love. I like Oma-wonda and A-de-le’s [what I call her] songs and oma-wonda covered hello beautifully and adele’s writing and singing of her original song is beautifully done. sm maija ppl always think 2 call for solidarity means shunning everyone else. How bout share the love… nd go take a nap sean tizzle.

3. Gistyika Blog

November 13, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Very interesting view.. I really appreciated Omawumi cover on Adele’s ” Hello ” , but I rest my comment until Cobhams and Timi Dakolo drop their own version….

• jhennique

November 13, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Which will never happen

• Mz Titilitious

November 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm

British Press are on point they hype their people too much….when i hrd d song i was like no biggie

4. Ene

November 13, 2015 at 12:02 pm

LOL…Smart guy.Riding on the popularity of Hello to promote Erukusayepo(whatever that is)

• o

November 13, 2015 at 2:19 pm

His latest single I think

5. Rolly

November 13, 2015 at 12:03 pm

How does he expect Adele (the owner of the song) to have less views than a cover?
    My head is spinning please. His tweets are giving me a migraine

• jide

November 13, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Just tells you he is an uninformed lousy untalented gnat who due to subpar standards within the Nigerian entertainment industry thinks anyone gives a hoot about him and his mind-numbing opinion. I bet you my left titty that this dude probably thinks Adele is an up and coming artiste.

• Joke

November 14, 2015 at 2:37 am

That’s naija for you! They think in every situation they can jump fence do something. They better go stand in line and wait their turn…

• Skd

February 26, 2016 at 1:20 am

Please help tell the dude ooo. Why can’t omowumi go prove her talent by creating hers and stop doing cover it sickens me

6. jhennique

November 13, 2015 at 12:05 pm

OH MY GOD! NO HE DIDNT! Wait……..this guy just embarassed his whole lineage. Like he referred to Adele’s song as her “version”? This is why weed will never be legal in Nigeria

• Grace

November 13, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Lmbo…..it can never be legal o

• Baddyoosha

November 13, 2015 at 1:07 pm

English teacher, ‘Weed cannot be LEGAL in Nigeria’ indeed!!!!!

7. Tosin

November 13, 2015 at 12:12 pm

in his ears na.
    let me guess, he makes elelelele music?

• tannie

November 13, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Fainted at “elelelele music”
      You’re a wicked somebori

• Idomagirl

November 13, 2015 at 2:37 pm

??????

8. Thatgidigirl

November 13, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Someone pls send this ignorant child to the naughty corner! Talkin’ bout “adele’s version”….sit yo stupid ass down! Abi u no know wetin version mean?

9. Tari

November 13, 2015 at 12:33 pm

This bleached out lad is daft.

10. alyce

November 13, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Can’t stop laughing wit my side teeth

11. Grace

November 13, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Sean is very stupid for saying this shit….Adele its her song she wrote it and sang it first Omawumi(i love her too)copied it (she did well with it too)but i still love the song.

Its like you saying Rihanna singing “Umbrella”her version is weak compared to what Banky W did too. SMH
    Abeg Sean Tizzle shift joor. You cant do any better than Adele. #Ode

12. mabel

November 13, 2015 at 12:57 pm

These our Naija artists be embarrassing sombori upandan. So Omowunmi’s own is original nau since Adele’s own is a version. They can sabi copy song Sotay sing pass owner sef. You won’t sit down think and be creative. Write and sing your own. Adele should go and do all the work, while you help her fine tune am Sotay dundee united like Tizzle will think your own is the original.

13. bruno

November 13, 2015 at 1:02 pm

who is this animal?
    olodo, adele is the owner of the song. and no, omawunmi’s version is not better than the original.

Africans should stick together and do what exactly for omawunmi? what a dunce. I hate people like this who think and talk this way.

14. Cindy

November 13, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I don’t mind if you prefer Omawumi’s version to Adele’s original but outrightly saying her song is weak is disrespectful. You should now better Sean since you are a celebrity yourself. And I’m sorry but that line about Asians looking alike is quite racist and offensive. Say it to their faces and watch their reactions. Half your tweets did not make sense imo.

• Odi

November 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm

When you say celebrity I’m guessing you’re speaking for yourself.

15. ATL's finest

November 13, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Lol @ I’ll be right back.. Well oga Sean Adele’s version is weak??? FYI the Emmy’s, Grammy’s, VMAs will be going to Adele ( Original singer) not Omawumi ( d Cover singer).. That’s very insulting to Adele & U should be apologizing to her yes Wunmi did great & I downloaded her version but don’t get it twisted .

16. AB

November 13, 2015 at 1:09 pm

most times the people who do a cover add their own twist and so it sounds different and better to some people/listeners but calling Adele’s weak is absurd! She sang it her own way and its beautiful to those who like her own version. Next time young man critique and not compare!!

17. kili

November 13, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Looool.

18. Koffie

November 13, 2015 at 1:15 pm

I never thought I’d say this but Oh no, he didn’t! He’s not alright for referring to Adele’s own song as ‘her version’. No disrespect (you know I’m about to disrespect, lol) but Omawunmi proper ruined the song for me. Reggae is like jazz, you either like it or you don’t. Nobody sang the song with as much emotion and life as the owner (high notes and emotions are not the same). Adele made me miss a non-existent ‘boo’.
    Sean Tizzle should have several seats… It’s like a ‘random Americanah’ vexing that Drake killed Ojuelegba more than Wizkid. How absurd
    BN’s background, what has Pepsi done to my Tiwa’s neck? lol

19. Koffie

November 13, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Did he even read what he posted, mad about the OWNER of a song getting more views than a cover?! What the actual fack? I’m so pissed I could borrow Adele’s mouth and cuss him out

20. Yolanda

November 13, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Chaiiiii!!! Sean Tizzle you just fall my hand. I no fit shout

21. Adaeze Writes

November 13, 2015 at 1:41 pm

In as much as I loved Omawumi’s version so much, Adele is the owner of the song and comparisons at this point is really awkward…

22. Someborri

November 13, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Hahahaha….I cant stop laughing. Son Tizu is an olodo trying to form intelligent. What advice can we give you now? Anyway, thanks for the cheap laugh.

23. jwezee

November 13, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Okay the bleaching fair body black hands of a guy should chill… He just make a whole lot of people dislike the omawumi’s version… Adele is one of the greatest on that MJ level and you talking *BS… Hope you got your 30min fame cause that’s all you ever going to get.. And I’ll say this Omawumi version is in no place near the original…. Not even there..stupid boy who what’s to be white by force,support your self Sean Fizzle and STOP BLEACHING!!!

• Enigma

November 15, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I tire o…does dis dude even got ears for music…wtf….redundant rubbish…comparing Adeles’ original to omowunmi’s cover of the original, not even a word altered and f- up dude even had the guts to call it ”adeles’ version”….like wtf…men dis dude got me so pissed off….- repugnant mongrel!!!…Sean woteva go get yourself some crious brains, you’ve f- up big time.

24. temibalo

November 13, 2015 at 1:51 pm

i think this sean or whatever his name is bleached his brains as well… adele weak!!!!!!!!! ru kidding me .. with the rubbish u sing…. adele is the owner olodo rabata , dumb mofo ….

25. Netizen

November 13, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Awon mi a de wo suuuu, wan de soro gbaga?

• shady

November 13, 2015 at 2:14 pm

@ Netizen interpretation in broken English is any how person (sean tizzle) go jst look, look and look open mouth they yan rubbish.

26. brown-ice

November 13, 2015 at 1:58 pm

“Shun tishu” you no wise at all. Receive sense! Take it!!

27. quest

November 13, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I guess this sean is a MORON or something close to that or even more.

28. o

November 13, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Don’t do drugs, kids!

29. dips

November 13, 2015 at 2:26 pm

How can Omawunmi’s version be better than Adele’s song? No wonder we hear trashy songs from our artists. I like Omawunmi’s cover even with all the auto tune…….but certainly not better than Adele’s.

• I can't

November 13, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Looool it defs had auto tune bruv. Could hear it from a mile away. But I can’t hate, Omawunmi did great still

30. mary

November 13, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Adele remains the original owner of the song. so disrespectful to say that hers is weak just because you preferred Omawunmi’s version.

31. Fashionista

November 13, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I can’t even abeg. Next!

32. Aso Oke

November 13, 2015 at 3:02 pm

This fool is just looking for attention. Wish he could focus on making better music instead of the rubbish he is using to disturb the air waves. You have gotten attention now go use it wisely get some money, learn to make good music or retire

33. odykan

November 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Joke of the century…….Adele’s version week…..i am sure he does not know the meaning of original and version. Can he sit down and write a nice song?……Please grab a bench.#YEYE

34. mizzy

November 13, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Olodo Sean Tizzle, Music is nt competition, bsids, Adele owns d song n incase u dunno what a cover is, use google…. Olodo boy

35. Physaryur

November 13, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Sean tizzzle must b an educated illiterate fr saying adele’s version is weak…..its funny aw her song is d VERSION. She owns d song yeye boi

36. prince

November 13, 2015 at 5:24 pm

The hype is just too much, there’s nothing spectacular about the song biko. soundcity still showed it during their body ‘n soul yesterday.
    Meanwhile, there’s nothing wrong with a cover better than the original, browse for cover of songs that made name and won grammys that the original did not.
    Which kind yeye HELLO

37. fleur

November 13, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Well peeps, in a country where you can take over someone’s house just by boldly claiming its yours and daring the owners, and where piracy is the way to success, and copying is the norm and not copying the exception, it is not unusual that he had this type of a response. Since Omawunmi is building on what Adele already provided as a baseline, she should get more recognition than the original. No be small.

38. I can't

November 13, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Omawunmi’s version was really good. But Adele killed HER OWN SONG. You people should allow someone enjoy their Friday in peace. I’m about to choke on my lunch dying of laughter. Sean tizzle I feel you bruv but you too dey exaggerate. Just clap for Omawunmi and move on. Loool this tew much

39. HawttalkWithTosan

November 13, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Like Adele gives a shit what you have to say. Sean who?

40. tamunotonye

November 13, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Rantings of a mad bleached artiste

41. Tru

November 14, 2015 at 1:31 am

@ Tizzle: Weak attempt at cheap publicity

42. Arin

November 14, 2015 at 6:16 am

This is the first time in BN history everyone commenter is on the same page on an issue. Thank you Sean tizzle (I don’t even know who he is) for making this possible. Who Is he again?

43. oho

November 14, 2015 at 6:45 am

Oho me I’ve been off radar for a while now so I didn’t know about wunmi’s cover little Sean just let me know with his tweet.
    oya Sean clap for ursef

44. stanley

November 15, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Why call adeles version a weak version….have you really heard the Amanda coles version?….i didnt really like the fact that omawumi incorporated reggea to a soul chattering song like that,….please guys check out Amanda cole on youtube I tink she killed it the best,a combination of melody,lyrics and emotions.

45. austin

November 18, 2015 at 11:53 am

Sean! Sean!! Dats wat happens wen u drink nd tweet.

46. janet

November 18, 2015 at 5:22 pm

lolzzz @sean, ok i comment my reserve,adele with her song again ooooo