Music

Missy Elliott is Back! Watch her ‘Shoki’ in WTF featuring Pharrell

BellaNaija.com

missy elliott-wtfMissy Elliott was one of the biggest rap stars in the 90s and 2000s and now she’s back with a brand new single!

WTF (Where They From) features ageless music producer/singer Pharrell.

Is it just us or are Missy and her dancers doing shoki at the 2:30 mark?

Watch!

1. Corolla

November 13, 2015 at 12:11 am

Why do we get excited when an American act does something African? Even if they “Shoki’d” nko?

• californiabawlar

November 13, 2015 at 4:46 am

Lol…nor vex.

• Royalty

November 13, 2015 at 5:27 am

They didn’t even Shoki! That really wasn’t shoki…At least from what i’ve seen our naija people do..so what if she did shoki? like so what?! shame on Nigerians mehn!!

• Royalty

November 13, 2015 at 5:28 am

Even though i’m happy to see missy..but still naija sha….

• Dee

November 13, 2015 at 9:11 am

ehm cos when you blow into the “Uezz” market, you will blow big?
      cos “Uezz” people are some of the biggest spenders?
      cos if you get a feature from a popular “Uezz” artist, maybe just maybe you can get in somehow
      cos if something blows in the “Uezz”, it’s more likely to blow around the world.

Please lets not always rain on others’ excitement…
      If I write a book and it’s successful in the US, damn right it will become successful in Nigeria too (at some point)
      might be sad but still the truth

• chi-e-z

November 13, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Because she’s freaking missy elliott I’d be more than elated if she even knew Nigerians exist talk about shoki!!!! OMG Missy!!!! is back so glad she feels better tough deautiful woman 🙂

2. Kukks

November 13, 2015 at 12:27 am

Mama is back! Now this is how you show up after 7 years. ?? And yes, her shoki game was tight???. Now to the rest of y’all you claim to be rappers, please shift aside let some of us see road. And while y’all at it, bow down as well.?

3. Mary Beth

November 13, 2015 at 12:33 am

Ahhh Shokiiiii

4. koko

November 13, 2015 at 12:38 am

Nice but too manic for me

5. Missatl

November 13, 2015 at 1:23 am

Bad ass video and jam, welcome back missy!!! Now move over lil girl new money Nicki minaj

6. aYi

November 13, 2015 at 2:42 am

Missy i’v missed you.funny video

7. jforjudith

November 13, 2015 at 3:31 am

Missy!!! Used to be hot #singing “if I gat [email protected]@@ lemme work it…

8. Kaeto

November 13, 2015 at 3:40 am

This is what rap music is all about. The one I miss, I miss eve, missy Elliot and who else? Don’t know but Kim phased out I fucking do not like Nicki it’s always about bs. Must it always be about guys, sex- I miss lil Kim too. I enjoy this completely cause music is fun not war.

9. Kaeto

November 13, 2015 at 3:41 am

Refreshing?

10. Prec

November 13, 2015 at 3:48 am

YES!!! It is a Shoki one of her dancers is Nigerian. One of the girls with Red hair.

11. californiabawlar

November 13, 2015 at 4:45 am

Dope!!! The first ‘comeback’ I’ve been excited about in a long time….Dang! I missed Missy…she reminds of simpler times.
    In the spirit of things and since I’m in a good mood Im’ma finally go listen to Adeles Hello….it’s about time 😀

12. ATL's finest

November 13, 2015 at 5:12 am

I wish they did it longer. Oya Shoki Han Missy Shoki

13. Violet

November 13, 2015 at 5:28 am

Noise!! Noise!!! and more Noise.
    Its 2015 aunty, go and sitdown with your ‘up nepa’ clothes.

14. ana

November 13, 2015 at 5:43 am

It was such a pain watching a listening to this awful song of hers, what to tell of the non inspiring lyrics, just tasteless. But yeah, she did a shoki move. The dance and the rhythm of the songs don’t even go together. Thumbs down if you ask me.

• me

November 13, 2015 at 9:16 am

listen to the lyrics again….. you could learn a thing or two.

15. eyong

November 13, 2015 at 6:28 am

Hahaha, I was waiting for Bella and LIB to blow this out of propotion sha. But, I lowkey was very excited when I watched it too, my youtube comment on the video is trending. I guess others noticed too.

16. Mo 81

November 13, 2015 at 6:40 am

Love me some Missy, Bellanaija, this ur recent headings get as ebe ooo

• whoever

November 13, 2015 at 9:15 am

I agree, tha caption didn’t do justice to what we should have looked out for which is “missy’s music”, everyone m sure jumped straight to that minute to c d dance.

17. Bougie Chic

November 13, 2015 at 8:35 am

Shoki bawo? That hand move was in MJ’s Thriller. Missy’s looks closer to the Thriller dance than Shoki. For it to be Shoki you have to take up from under. Anyway, I love the video

18. whoever

November 13, 2015 at 9:13 am

Welcome back Missy, cool bars and rhymes like b4, a good comeback.
    To all y’all saying “so what” you clearly don’t understand the word “export”. It’s a good thing to see our dance moves been done abroad, if we do the “moonwalk” I see nothing bad in doing our “shoki”. Next is to see them feature our artists, actors and actresses. It’s all part of the business and fun.

19. Olufunke

November 13, 2015 at 9:22 am

yayyy…. the Missy is back. I’ve missed Missy and yeah the ’90s was a lot more fun of cool music.

20. isima

November 13, 2015 at 9:23 am

yaaaaaa! missy elliot, Now this is what we call rap! not what we hear these days. The boss lady is back. Yaaaaaa!

21. mz titilitious

November 13, 2015 at 11:29 am

Still her style she hasn’t changed a bit.

22. Sherlie Holmes

November 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm

She’s like a breath of fresh air. Yaaaaaas!

23. Steve-Legend

November 16, 2015 at 8:23 am

Missy hit it when we dig ya shoki….hit up joooor

24. Tobi

November 20, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Yaay!! I love Missy’s songs and dance. Welcome back, hello new workout song.