Music

When was the last time Don Jazzy dated someone? Find Out in this Interview

BellaNaija.com

Mavin_Obi_Somto_Photography-61Interviews with Don Jazzy are so rare, that we’re so elated when we get a peek into the musical genius’ mind.

In his latest interview with national newspaper Vanguard published today, he addresses his work life – the Mavin crew and their upcoming concert, his own musical career and D’banj, his strong social media relationship with fans as well as his love life.

Here are some excerpts;

On His Career as an Artiste vs. Producer
Vanguard: Would you be releasing your own single anytime soon?
Don Jazzy: I am not thinking of that now. I have people that need to succeed. I am happy developing people for now till death do me part. Already, I feel that I am singing too much.

On D’banj
Would you be collaborating with D’banj any time soon ?
It is possible. We will do it when we both settle down and agree we want to do it. He is busy doing his own thing and I am also busy with my Korede , Reekado and Dija .We live in the same vicinity. By the time we sit down and plan it, we would create something. We would probably work again. As long as there is life, there is nothing impossible.

Social Media
You interact with a lot of people on social media, how do you sieve the people you interact with?
Why should I sieve them? If they come correct, we will talk. If they don’t come correct, I move on. I have met a lot of people via the social media.

Love Life
Does Don Jazzy have a girlfriend?
I don’t have a girlfriend.

When last were you in a relationship?
A year ago. I am on break now when it comes to a relationship.

When do you think the time will be right to tie the knot?
I might not even announce that I will be getting married. I don’t understand why you people think I will just come and announce that I will be getting married. I am not really that kind of person.

You can read the entire interview on Vanguard

1. Kate

November 12, 2015 at 6:34 pm

So he could even be married and we have no freaking idea… I mean Goldie was (God bless her soul)

• word

November 12, 2015 at 7:18 pm

God rest her soul but your comment cracked me up..hahaha.

• Osa

November 12, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Hmnn. Don Jazzy’s English though. Its pathetic. sorry to anyone this will offend, but he needs to polish up as a celebrity in his position. He aint no yorrywood nor ‘hausawood’, nor is he an ‘igbotic movie’ celebrity. Can you imagine how terrible it would have been before he went to live in the UK? And he has that much confidence and attitude on top rubbish grammar?!! Confidence is therefore not related to personal disposition/ attributes. Pigeon english is a different matter, but you cant have an english conversation and make such grammatical blunders.
      Well, I heard Tee Billz speak somewhere recently and I was appalled by his grammar too, so I guess all join. Tiwa, still our sweetheart, with a very good diction. the rest of the Mavin crew are on point in terms of SPOKEN ENGLISH .
      I’m out, let the dumbass peeps who dont concur, take a frigging hike!

• concerned

November 13, 2015 at 12:25 am

Lol. I loooooooooooove me some Don J but you do have a point. I disagree on one thing, though. His vocabulary is actually really good. The problem, IMO, is his diction. His Igbotic accent is strong, sha. Igbo Kwenu!!! Lol, but he’s better than PSquare.

• Osa

November 13, 2015 at 6:52 am

@concerned, ehhhn? about P square. I don’t even think I’ve ever listened to them speak. lol. don jazzy has achieved a lot, but a spade must be called a spade. he’s a graduate for crying out loud. lol. . .

• l

November 13, 2015 at 7:56 am

How many white people can speak your own language?

• ATL's finest

November 13, 2015 at 8:30 am

@ Osa lmao.. So Don J is a graduate? Haba he needs a private teacher. As for P-square(s) lord help me.. I was watching Dance with Peter & good grieve , his English is an apology! Years ago they were on Wendy Williams show & my first thought was d English. Well those that can’t speak the English end up having emergency “Fake American ascent ( ask Kukere master). Well Good luck to him.

• vicky

November 13, 2015 at 11:27 pm

This your ‘Pigeon English’ line is really disturbing. Its Pidgin! You’re welcome. . .

• Osaretin

November 14, 2015 at 1:21 am

@ Vicky, thanks so much for that correction. The word ‘disturbing’ seems to be used indiscriminately amongst Nigerians nowadays. It must be a ‘new’ found word, and seems to be used in the wrong contexts. You see Vicky, pidgin/pigeon English is not exactly my area of expertise, so thanks again for the correction from a more ‘seasoned veteran’ in that department.

@L, till we change our lingua franca, there are at least minimum standards to be met, for the so-called educated ones.

• Hurpeyearmie

November 14, 2015 at 9:53 am

@Osaretin pls take the correction in good faith and stop showing yourself pidgin is part of English I studied English and Creolistic or Pidgin did not even start in Nigeria Google is your friend abeg

2. FHWT

November 12, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I love Don J big!
    A collaboration with D’banj will be nice.
    Nice interview
    tosyne101.wordpress.com

3. Nkechi

November 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm

This is what I call focus. There is time for everything under the sun. Some people will be under huge pressure if they did not have a relationship.

4. Cancel Reply

November 12, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Love him!

5. Sherlie Holmes

November 12, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. Bey

November 12, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I don’t know why ppl keep carrying dis don jazzy’s matter for head like gala. Dude is like 1981/1982, he’s 33/34 and has achieved more than what ppl double his age have not achieved in the Nigerian music industry. He’s still young and probably not grounded enuf to handle a family and achieving his dreams with travelling up and down. I mean it’s his choice…………what works for dr Sid mite not work for him. I’m sure when and if he wants to get married it won’t be a problem for him. Even if he decides it at 45, believe me he will have a spoilt choice of even girls as young as 21. We all can’t be d same. Ppl that are even looking for what to eat, will be forming I’m a married man/woman, and most basic stuff they are still trying to achieve it.

• Teeyoundee

November 13, 2015 at 12:28 am

I tire for them.

7. Olayemi

November 12, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Why are we so obsessed with marriage in this society? They could have asked a more intelligent question.

8. ASGRL

November 12, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Please don jazzy wait for me. Sniff Sniff. His Humor is what makes him so attractive to me. Don’t care about the fame or money. I’m too introverted and I’ve got my own.

9. Rafaella

November 12, 2015 at 9:42 pm

“I’m also busy with my Korede, Reekado and Dija”

You are a real leader and father. Keep up with the good work of bringing out the best out of these trio.

For his r/shp side, Freda Francis the “prayer warrior” was the last person he dated, that was last year. So she found out that Don Baba J no sabi “pray” wella and decided to hook up with the “ultimate prayer warrior”(Iyanya)
    Don J on own his side found out that Freda “prays” a lot.

• kemi

November 13, 2015 at 1:13 am

hahahahahah you will not kill somebody on this blog
      [email protected] freda the prayer warrior.. so don jazzy too tasted the popular honey pot
      pele freda, kontinue,e no get meter!!!

• truth

November 13, 2015 at 4:11 am

lol you people are not welloo. My mom says our generation don spoil finish. may we all learn to be good “prayer” warriors for our future partners. I still like my jazzy quirky ways, i go help him learn to pray well IJN…

• Zoma

November 13, 2015 at 10:54 am

Rafaella, Oh my, you are so funny. Just keep cracking me up.

Actually, I wish Don J would wait for me. lol (there’s no harm in dreaming big). I have imagined him ask me out severally in my head. Chai! If it happens ehn! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, You’re a great leader Don J.

• me

November 13, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Were you there? If you didnt see it with your eye or hear it with your ear, keep ur mouth shut and stop spreading rumours, I know who don jazzy was dating and it wasn’t Freda, I don’t know why y’all are obsessed with that Babe mhen, everywhere I turn Freda, wetin happen na, the girl is just a plain Jane, I wonder what fascinates y’all about her that u can’t stop talking about her, can she live?

• Zari

November 13, 2015 at 9:04 pm

@me aka FREDA. We see you. Don Jazzy dated you na. Why are you trying to deny it after the good times and memories you both spent? Don’t even allow the tea to be spilled.

10. ur wrong u know

November 12, 2015 at 10:25 pm

So u believe he hasn’t dated any one since a year ago? But I bet he has been staffing babe’s. Since den,

11. Julius

November 12, 2015 at 11:01 pm

The real DON. Very inspiring persona

fjblog.net

12. ororo

November 12, 2015 at 11:22 pm

So wt hpnd to kerry??

• nikky

November 13, 2015 at 9:37 am

please my bae said date. Date is not same as straffing pls. If only girls will learn. A man sleeping with u dont mean he dating you. KpomKwem!!

13. esther baby

November 12, 2015 at 11:31 pm

I just love this dude.

14. concerned

November 13, 2015 at 12:29 am

Ehn? Kerry who? Abeg spill

15. Oloye

November 13, 2015 at 7:53 am

@Osa, as a graduate too (I will guess you are), you should be able to write good English. Even if I haven’t heard you speaking (and I don’t want to ever), try and write good English!

Olori gbeske!

16. bafe

November 13, 2015 at 10:06 am

Point of correction please !! Don Jazzy is not really an Igbo man although for career purpose, he finds it expedient to associate himself with his mother ‘s place in Abia State. Judging from his surname , ,Enebeli , he actually an Isoko boy from Delta State. I wonder why he is ashamed to claim his father’s place.

17. Winnie

November 13, 2015 at 11:07 am

Don J, ich mag dich.

18. Puzzles

November 13, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Four possible reasons:
    1. His mother was the one who trained him and his father never contributed anything in his life. Sadly, there are many men like that who abandon a woman with their children and only show up when the kids are grown and successful. They now start to beg for forgiveness and claim that they have now found Christ.

2. He lost his father at an early age and was raised by his mother with no support but grief from his father’s family, hence he no send im papa people.

3. His father is alive but don jazzy is more familiar with his mother’s tribe, tongue and people.

4. Enebeli might also be an igbo name so he’s actually Igbo. I know some urhobos that bear Okoro as a surname just like igbos

19. Beegal

November 13, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Dreaming of a Don Jazzy and Linda Ikeji combination ?

• amebo

November 16, 2015 at 2:25 pm

That will be great ooooo 🙂 hehehee

20. Koffie

November 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm

LMAOOOO. Couldn’t she teach him how to ‘pray’ though or at least give him some ‘prayer points’. An old friend of mine is crazy about Don Jazzy, I’m sure she wouldn’t even mind that he no too sabi ‘pray’.

21. Pink

November 13, 2015 at 8:01 pm

You lots are hilarious. looool