Scoop

The Naija Version of “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” is a Must Watch!

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

GWCTD_20FINAL_20POSTER_20W_20CREDITS

Still basking in the Thanksgiving season, Fum Fum KO Productions has released a Naija version of the classic “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” movie that has been remade a couple of times.

Produced by Fum Fum Ko, Hakeem Adewumi, Cindy Elizabeth, Tope Eletu-Odibo, the short film stars Keturah Branch, Louise Sawaki, Steve O’Leary, Hakeem, Adewumi, Catherina Okoro, John Okoro, Chris Okoro and Teo Blake.

The short film is hilarious and a must watch.

Synopsis: Bringing someone you love home is never an easy decision. For Ade, a young woman rooted in two distinct cultures, this decision could disrupt the dynamics shared between Ade and her mother.

Check on it below!

1. Trudy

November 27, 2015 at 11:12 am

Lmfao!!!! Good for my morning hahahaha

2. Uju

November 27, 2015 at 11:15 am

I’m so sorry but the acting was extremely terrible.

3. Sarah

November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm

The mother doesn’t sound Nigerian though. Patience Ozorkwor or Rachel Oniga would have been perfect for the mother’s role.

4. iyke

November 27, 2015 at 12:23 pm

@Uju,you right..and very bad casting too..no chemistry between the two main acts.
    Nonetheless an ok attempt…they are amateurs and should be encouraged.Much room for improvement.

5. boluji

November 27, 2015 at 12:32 pm

wasn’t believable ade was Yoruba but the mum clearly was not Nigerian and the boys who seemed more Nigerian were Igbo didn’t make sense continuity probs

6. goddessofvictory

November 27, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Please how is this Naija edition? Accent is not Nigerian, location is not Nigerian sef. Biko just because it has some Nigerians as producers and actors doesn’t typically make it Nigerian. Me i will now go and bring a girl home and be saying she is my partner, love of my life etc when it is not as if death is hungrying me 🙂 lemme show you naija style
    (girls finishes introduction)
    mum: Huh? ki lo so?
    Girl: My partner, love of my lif…
    Mum: SHUT UP! SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH! o da bi o ri e ope. love what? partner what? haaa aye mi, omo yi fe pami(picks phone) Pastor! Pastor! e gba mi! help me this girl wants to kill me(drops phone and turns to the girl with tears in her eyes) are you okay? haaa dont allow the devil use you o. all my sweat and prayers on your head and you want to do this. how did i offend you? points to the other girl oya leave my house….leave my house o. you want to spoil my daughter. you want to destroy her life. get out…get out.
    (girls leaves, daughter leaves also. mum sits on the couch with hands on her head singing Agbara esu da ni bi ti Jesu mi Joba……)
    The end 🙂

• Lem

November 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm

bwahahahahaha!!!!!

7. Zeeebby

November 27, 2015 at 5:30 pm

This chic should have given her mother soft landing…..lmao….chai

8. Tosin

November 27, 2015 at 6:40 pm

The closing scene is pretty funny – he’s special to me, she’s very special to me, the kid just wants to secure his food, mama don faint 🙂 Typical 🙂

9. jojo