Sweet Spot

Yum! Watch Sisi Yemmie Cook a ‘Lepa-Friendly’ Unripe Plantain Porridge

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Sisi Yemmie 1

Are you team fitfam?

Then you are in luck as this meal by SisiYemmie is also ‘Lepa-Friendly’.

Unripe Plantain

Watch as she cooks a delicious plate of unripe plantain porridge in her latest vlog!

1. tannie

November 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Chai BN this is my favorite dish, I love it more than my Pearl
    I will make it this evening, I’ve missed it madly

2. bride2mum.com

November 6, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Yum!!!!!

3. tilda

November 6, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I just love your presenting skills.

4. Pretty girl

November 6, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Chia I must prepare this these weekend for me and my boo. May be he might just decide to propose as we are eating.

5. cee

November 6, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Just a quick question what does the unhealthy version contain

• nene'sma

November 6, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Hahahahaha e reach to ask

• Surely

November 7, 2015 at 6:52 am

LMAO! SisiYemmie is wonderful but her idea of healthy is far from it. This thing has too much oil! I wonder what the unhealthy version looks like. Sisi, how about olive oil or canola or no oil at all? Me I dunno for your “healthy” oh. Eating pasta with okra and banga rice, haba. Lol

6. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

November 6, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Love the idea, have to try it. without the pepper though, can’t deal.

7. Oma

November 6, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Cee, i suspect the healthy version has a lot to do with the plantain. Ripe plantain has more sugars and probably more calorific as opposed to the unripe version which is very rich in many nutrients.

8. gistfm

November 6, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Unripe Plantain Porridge my favorite…

9. Cici

November 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Loving this babe. Bella Naija, please bring us more of her. Down to earth and real. I am tired of all the fakeness and Western copycats, this is the fresh Nigerian lady I’ll love to watch. Making us proud of true Africa. Thank you Sisi Yemi.

10. Oyin

November 7, 2015 at 12:24 am

I am sorry, this does not look lepacious friendly.
    A serving spoon full of palm oil when I made a medium pot full with a tablespoon of palm oil Friday morning. Red ball pepper in addition to rodo gave me colour, not oil. Also, her chicken stock is fat ladden. What happened to allowing it cool and removing the fat on top?
    Sisi Yemmie clean up your meals please.
    Your face is getting too full and fat.

• Surely

November 7, 2015 at 6:53 am

Haba, she just had a baby. Don’t be rude.

• Cindy

November 7, 2015 at 6:59 am

She just had a baby. Of course her face is full and fat?

• anonymous

November 7, 2015 at 7:52 am

YOU ARE RUDE!!!

• Bide

November 7, 2015 at 2:01 pm

You didn’t have to be so rude.

• Ello Bae

November 7, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Your last sentence sha! Begone you monitoring spirit looking for whom to devour! *sprinkles holy water*

• tilda

November 8, 2015 at 1:06 pm

She got a pretty face and sweet personality. You come across as poisonous. I wouldn’t eat your food if you paid me. Mchewwwww. And you wonder why you ain’t got friends.

• toyin

November 9, 2015 at 8:18 am

This is healtier version compared to the traditional version which uses thrice the amount of oil. The magic is in making healthy taste nice, I suppose that’s why she got a blog and you haven’t. . I experimented and tried your version nobody touched it yuck!!!! Tasteless 0/10. The lepalicious version was 100% betterI. Ill rather eat this ladies version and complement my healthy living with moderate exercise.

11. Bibie

November 7, 2015 at 3:43 am

Ah Gracias! I just tried this and it was nice. I tweaked mine abit, added some sweet potato, used beef stock instead, so less fat, I didnt add palm oil too (too much saturated fat even tho Its more because I dont have it around> then I dice some liver and beef, with some skinned tilapia fish. choi I have gone for the second helping. Hopefully the rest will make it till morning

12. Bibie

November 7, 2015 at 3:43 am

I wish I could post a picture!

13. ola

November 7, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Whilst it’s true that she had a baby, Sisiyemmie could do with healthier choices. I m a fan of her blog, however, i have noticed she eats a lot of starch, fired foods, and she eats out a lot, hence she consumes a lot of calorific content, yet she mentions in her blog about her weight. Lets not always use baby fat as an excuse or that she’s breastfeeding, one could do with having some discipline when it comes to what we consume.

• soji

November 8, 2015 at 1:16 pm

I’ve met skinny ladies with very high BPS leading to strokes. And it’s sometimes those ones with a mean overly judgmental diposition . Drinking paracetamol for people thry assume have a headache meanwhile posioning their own liver. If she is healty and happy what is tearing your pant abeg go and check your BP all this unsolicited advice must be doing something to your own cardiovascular system. N

• dave

November 8, 2015 at 5:01 pm

@ola Yeah yeah one should mind their own buisness if one even has one. Yeye fowl. Please start your own blog, and show everyone what and what not to put in their mouths.

• dave

November 8, 2015 at 5:25 pm

“She could do with healthier choices, have some dicipline”. Hark at you. Why don’t you just set up your own blog and tell us poor unfortunates how to be come as rich and famous as you obviously are. Miz olanobody.

14. ola

November 7, 2015 at 12:57 pm

*fried foods*

15. Anne

November 7, 2015 at 1:00 pm

@Oyin, the last two lines weren’t necessary. I learned in my Logic class to always avoid fallacy ad hominem; One loses an argument or position taken when they leave the subject to make personal attacks.

16. ola

November 8, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Well, Its my opinion, bite me.