News

“10 Years after her passing her Teachings Continue to Impact Families” Pastor Taiwo Odukoya celebrates Late Wife

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Bimbo Odukoya

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya took to social media to remember and celebrate his late wife, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, who passed 10 years ago in the Sosoliso air crash of 2005.

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya was mourned by the nation.

Remembering her legacy he wrote:

“It is exactly ten years since the grim incident that led to the passing of my late wife, ‘Bimbo Odukoya. Yet, as I look through the years, I am awash with feelings of gratitude. God, in His character, has been faithful. I am particularly grateful for the life that ‘Bimbo lived and the legacies she left behind.
It is incredible that ten years after her passing, her teachings continue to impact families, and the initiatives she drove while with us, are still here, touching the nations. Indeed, only God could have chosen an eager teenage girl and built her into a woman of international repute, to His glory alone. Only God could have given such a unique assignment and given the grace to run with it. And only God could have determined when the curtains were drawn. If there is therefore any lesson we must consciously strive to remember, it is that there is a divine calling and assignment on every life God created. As we celebrate ‘Bimbo today, let us stop to ask ourselves: ‘am I truly in the place of my assignment? am I living the life God intended?’ This should drive your life’s philosophy as it did hers. The world will celebrate your influence in Jesus name”. May her soul continue to rest in peace Amen.

1. Yeye

December 10, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Amazing woman!

• Adoabi

December 11, 2015 at 2:47 am

What an incredible, humble woman. She’s was unique and followed her own league. God truly does take the great ones early. I still watch her videos till today and has been very helpful. hRest in peace!

2. hadassah

December 10, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Continue to rest in peace, Dear Pastor Bims

3. Lady M

December 10, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Dear Pastor Bims! I will always miss you!!!! I remember all your teachings at the singles fellowship every Monday evening. I thank God I was privileged to be there because those teachings laid the foundation of the happy marriage I have today. I still have the notes I took. I am keeping them for my 3 daughters, so when they grow up and have to choose a life partner they can benefit from the wealth and richness of your calling. You are unforgettable! I remember how you used to make Christmas so “Christmassy” at The Fountain of Life. I thank God for the life you lived. Awesome, amazing woman. Your legacy lives on! Sun re o.

4. Sugar

December 10, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Seem just like yesterday. Every time I look at her kids minister and her influence on many, I’m overwhelmed with God’s love and continuous mercy. Her ministry and all she gave, makes it all worth it. We miss you dearly dearest pastor Bim

5. Bola

December 10, 2015 at 3:47 pm

she was a really wonderful woman and truly her legacy lives on. May God continue to uphold Pastor Taiwo and the children

6. DD

December 10, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Amazing woman who lived to affect the lives of others. Fondly remembered always.

7. nike

December 10, 2015 at 7:52 pm

I miss u pastor bimbo

8. Rose

December 10, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Okay so this might be completely off topic…but please can someone refer Christian relationship advice books for me…especially for someone who has never been in a relationship and who wants to know how to act…and who is also very keen on waiting till her wedding night before sexual intercourse. Bellanaija if you know any you can also let me know. Thank you in advance

• Ruby

December 10, 2015 at 11:53 pm

I would advice you to look for any relationship book by Tim Lahaye… they are good. You can also read ‘Think Like A Man ‘ by Steve harvey… honestly it helps you understand how man thingk & why they act they way they do coz Honey, we do not think the same…. I wish you Gods best.

• Chedvah

December 11, 2015 at 9:34 am

Try “Love, Sex and lasting relationships” by Chip Ingram. I wouldn’t suggest “think like a man” by Harvey as it doesn’t potray the Christian perspective of relationships.
      I do commend you for wanting to stay pure……God bless your heart.

• Aj

December 11, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I kissed dating goodbye (lol I know it sounds weird but it’s actually referring to the worlds type of relationship) and Boy meets Girl both by Joshua Harris. Those books helped me, and listening to a lot of relationship messages as well, you can try Save the Date series by pastor Levi Lusko, and Google Heather Lindsey as well she has some amazing things about relationships on her blog. All Christian.

9. Imma

December 11, 2015 at 8:42 am

My Inspiration…. My ever cherished pastor. Your teachings, are my follow-up. Live on, Pastor Bimbo.

10. Diuto

December 11, 2015 at 11:33 am

Awesome lady, we miss your warmth and teachings. RIP great woman

11. RIP Pst Bimbo

December 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm

My inspiration! My pastor! My teacher! My role model, i cherised and loved you pastor Bim, continue to rest in peace dearest and lovely woman of GOD!!!

12. 1 + The One

December 14, 2015 at 10:08 am

Pastor Bimbo was such an amazing woman! We will not forget you.. You touched my life in a wonderful way. May God continue to keep your legacy evergreen

13. Aderonke

March 29, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Great woman rest in Peace ur legacy lives on……