Events

American Singer Donell Jones Confirms Performance at ‘Baseline Black Tie Concert’ this Sunday

BellaNaija.com

unnamed

American R&B singer, Donell Jones has been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for Baseline Music’s ‘Black Tie Concert’ taking place this weekend.

Jones will perform some of his greatest hits like ‘U Know What’s Up’, ‘Shorty’, ‘This Luv’ and more.
The Black-Tie Christmas concert promises to be absolutely entertaining as guests will also be thrilled by energetic performances from Olamide, Seyi Shay, Dede Mabiaku, Pasuma, Skales, Lil Kesh, Adekunle Gold, Aramide and many more. Music will be provided by renowned DJ – DJ Jimmy Jatt, and Comedian Seyi Law will host the event.
Baseline & Friends Christmas Concert is an innovative event that aims at celebrating Nigeria’s finest entertainers while creating a unique touch to the Yuletide season. It will be a night of fun, celebration and networking.

Date: Sunday, December 13th
Time:
6 PM
Venue:
Lagoon Restaurant
Contact:  08135673426 | 09096854425
Tickets: Tables can be purchased by calling the Baseline Music Hotline at: +234-1-4549540 or Email: [email protected]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sponsored Content

1. Felinda

December 9, 2015 at 3:12 pm

When their career fails in USA and the checks stops coming – now they start coming to africa and our african fools will pay to go see these “Has Beens”

• SS

December 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Felinda,has it ever occurred to you music career doesn’t last forever, the smart ones knows thats,so don’t criticize done jones….am sure he is still getting paid,maybe you were age 7 when he was reigning, love his songs

• Olivia

December 10, 2015 at 3:13 pm

His career ”didn’t fail”. As with all things in life, there’s a season for everything and it is impossible for an artist, regardless of how talented he or she may be, to sustain an endless high level of success and relevance. Not even Michael Jackson was able to attain such a feat. Donnel Jones enjoyed a very successful career in his 90’s’ and produced timeless records which we can still appreciate to date. Now that’s a measure of his success. Don’t be so myopic in your thinking, there’s more to music than Chris Brown and Rihanna and even they will someday become less relevant.

2. Flora

December 9, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Dear Felinda, some people still appreciate good music. My iPod is full of donell jones songs. So please keep your silly comments to yourself.

• Anon

December 9, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Yes Flora!

You know what’s up. Ooh…say what, say what, say what…

3. prince

December 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Me no sabi this person o. we have better RnB singers here in Naija that would thrilled fans. they’ll be paying more to this #nocareer arts

4. prince

December 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm

no career US acts

5. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

December 9, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Not to be disrespectful but why do we have a ridiculous predilection for bringing these ‘expired’ cats to Nigeria. The most annoying part is these organisers now charge an arm and a leg to see them. Trust swanky Nigerian elites to cough out these monies and go cross legs there.
    N100,000 to watch Donell he-released-you-know-whats-up-in=1999 Jones? I can’t believe this scam!
    This is disrespectful.
    I’m hurt.
    Very hurt.

• Abi

December 9, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Is it Rihanna that exposes her body or Nicki that sings Anaconda that you will prefer to listen to? As for me I would want to see musicians like Baby face, Total, Donell Jones, Bryan Adams, Xcape and Mariah Carey. I’m young, but these people made me to fall in love with music. Not “my anaconda…..bla bla.”

• blacindi

December 17, 2015 at 9:32 pm

You sound ignorant! Do Your reseach ypu broad!! Classic 90’s music wasnt about just sex! Its still on hi demand! Its performed everywhere yes even in America we still demand that music! Get yo weave fixed

6. chidi

December 9, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Well ti-ti kpo kind of songs has really destroyed the average Nigerian music taste. Donnell Jones album is listed in the Top 40 Greatest RnB albums of all time. Please do a research on him before posting comments. If tickets are actually being sold for N100k, then the promoters should be arrested ASAP. That is criminal. lol

7. zeal

December 9, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Ewoooo, my crush Is coming to naija. Who will take me there na biko

• Bex

December 10, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Zeal he’s also my crush o. Let’s look for who will allow us perch at their table. Love me some Donell!!

8. chilee

December 9, 2015 at 10:52 pm

100,000 naira ticket Ewoooooo

9. heeba

December 10, 2015 at 10:17 am

HEYYY!!!!!!! Jesus…….. Donell Jones is in town ohhhhhhh .God and I don’t have 100k please some of these rich peeps should buy ticket for me make I use his music cool my stress.

10. deo

December 11, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I have the ticket(sold for 100k) but I want to sell it for 50k because I won’t be around. Any interested person should email me asap

11. blacindi

December 17, 2015 at 9:37 pm

You sound ignorant you silly heffa! These 90’s signers ares till in demand! They actually are not 1 hit wonders! Go fix your weave! Fyi, yes we are from america but maybe since you despise us so much give up eveything american! Credit cards, cars, the .com culture. Honestly ur horrible i dont think the indigenous would claim ur toxic behind. Get your life