Features

#BN2015Epilogues: Betrayed & Heartbroken But Ife is Sure God’s Got Her Back for 2016

Last year BellaNaija Features put together an inspiring feature series to round off the year. The 2014 Epilogues featured 10 real people who took an introspective look at their year and wrote about it. This year, we decided to make the call public to our readers. {Click here if you missed it} It is our hope and desire that we will have enough entries to have a story up every day from the 1st to the 31st of December. We have received an impressive number of entries and we hope that you will share yours with us.

We kicked off the series and so far we’ve had the following entries: Jennifer G , Morountodun , VictoryMayowa ,  Harmony ,Dekky , OJ , Busola , ModupeThe Prodigal Daughter , AdetolaAyomikun Omami Jojo , Kehinde Iember ,  Hadiza , Florence , Amaha , Vanessa Winifred , Anne-Rose, Edie ,  Chidi  Rita  , Caleb and Yinka.

We have had an overwhelming response to the call for Epilogues and we’re grateful to everyone who has sent in an entry. We will do our best to share every story we received before the deadline (even if it runs into the new year. Because BellaNaijarians are so awesome!) Heartbreak is something we know a lot of our readers relate to, and Ife‘s story is sure to resonate with you.

***

When I first saw the call for Epilogues for 2015, I initially wasn’t interested, until I read Busola’s Epilogue about wanting a baby.
2015 has been a hell of a year. The year I had the most financial difficulties, the year I finally had a relationship… or so I thought.

I started 2015 praying and asking God for a relationship. I’ve never been one to crave for a relationship, but this year I just felt I was ready. My parents and others were really pressurizing me to get married. Not only were they pressuring me to get married, they were forcing me to marry a certain guy who I absolutely did not like. My refusal was a battle between my parents and I. The pressure was so real at a point I felt like committing suicide.

In April, I met an old acquaintance at a wedding. We really did not talk much at the wedding, so it was a surprise to me when I saw a FB request from him. We started talking, chatting and after several dates, driving lessons we started dating. I honestly thought I had met my soul mate: the one with whom I will spend the rest of my life. It was like a match made in heaven. He seemed to fit everything I wanted in a life partner. Although at the start, it was a very tumultuous relationship, we were always fighting and arguing.

Fast forward to November, the month of my birth where I turned 27, dude broke up with me the same week of my birthday, with one of the most flimsy excuses on earth. I felt very betrayed and heartbroken. But then I began to take a stock of the relationship, and I realized his breaking up with me was a blessing.

I’ve never had so much hope and excitement about what the future holds. I used to be very scared about the future, but the fear is gone. I know very strongly that 2016 will be a fabulous year for me. Looking back today, I know more than ever before that God has got my back.
Thank you BN for this opportunity. God bless you.
Ife

Photo Credit: Dreamstime |  Rui Vale De Sousa

1. Olayemi

December 27, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Parents need to stop pressurizing kids to get married and they need to stop insisting their kids stay in abusive marriages!

2. Great Lady

December 27, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Wow. It is well. Thank God you have hope for the future. The Lord will bless you with your heart desire.

3. Jojo Ade

December 27, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I’m so glad u looked back and realised he was not the one for you. I admire ladies who can let go of rships/people that dont add value to their lives. My dear God will give you a good man, no need to be anxious about a rship or marriage just trust in God.

4. Mathias Amodu

December 27, 2015 at 3:20 pm

wow this is very aweasome thanks alot for sharing this is my blog
    zealmat.com

5. Spirit

December 27, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Live your life to the full. If you get married well and good and if not, that’s fine too. Just don’t waste your life waiting and mourning.

6. hadassah

December 27, 2015 at 5:31 pm

God will do that which only Him can do in your life in 2016 in Jesus name. Amen. Thankful you can see rays of sunlight through the rain

7. yhasfar

December 27, 2015 at 6:04 pm

thnk God u let him go thereby opening d way for someone much better. I pray 2016 brings our amazing Mr Rights(yea am searching)

8. juliat

December 27, 2015 at 6:18 pm

I dint notice dis earlier, I would have sent in my own experience. 2015 was a very bad year for me. I went tru pains and heartbreak.
    hoping to bounce back in 2016, hoping it would be a better year for me.

9. bim

December 27, 2015 at 10:19 pm

My dear ife,sumtimes we go thru sum things in life and we re so broken especially relationships. without knowin that God has a bigger blessing.my dear u will find ur own will,just trust in God nd b prayerfull,i just clocked d same age in nov as well.and am Waitin on God 2.by d Grace of God in 2016 we will both testify.bless u

10. Middle

December 27, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Awwwww ☺️
    diaryofmsgenesis.com/broken-cisterns/

11. Aliu

December 28, 2015 at 1:47 am

It is good, Thank God. The Lord will bless you…

12. Simisola

December 28, 2015 at 2:42 am

I feel you thats why my 2016- the year of me. No outside undue influence. Just need to concentrate on me. Hosilitically working on me.