Career

Dencia tells top French Newspaper Le Monde “I Made $20 Million from Whitenicious”

BellaNaija.com

Dencia la pop star qui blanchit la peau noire copy
In an interview with French publication Le Monde, Singer/Beauty Entrepreneur Dencia claims she made $20 Million in revenue from Whitenicious in one year.

Dencia shared her journey to stardom and business success in a recent interview with the Africa edition of the newspaper.

On me reproche de proposer un produit qui pousse les femmes à se conformer à des standards de beauté blanche, plaide Dencia. Les Américains se sentent agressés. Honestly, ce sont juste des réminiscences de l’esclavagisme. » Elle prétend ne pas s’intéresser aux sources de ce malaise, mais en a fait un véritable business et met en avant un chiffre d’affaires de 20 millions de dollars par an.

I am accused of proposing a product that pushes women to conform to white standards of beauty , argues Dencia . Americans feel attacked. Honestly , they are just memories of slavery . “She claims not to be interested in the sources of this discomfort , but has a real business and highlights a turnover of $ 20 million per year.

You can read the full interview HERE
If Dencia’s claims are accurate, it illustrates the huge demand for lightening products by women of colour around the world.

1. Rita

December 16, 2015 at 8:23 am

Now I know why she lives the lavish lifestyle she does.We have common friends in the UK who are close to people she hangs out with this girl spent over $20,000 on hotels alone in Paris,wines and Dines everyone and they say she shopped for like 50k in Paris this is just of recent not even up to 3 months.We call the smalls here in boarding schools from Cameroon and she is close to like those elite kids of Cameroon like president’s kids,the rich Anglophones whose parents are richer than her but she still wines,dines & flies them around because she has no friends.She now hangs only with white rich people in la and have you seen her house or neigborhood only rich white people she thinks she is white now and has stopped being friends with all her black friends except the younger girls she knew from boarding schools,Dencia really tried and gives a lot of young Cameroonian girls hope but I think it will be better if she was relatable like if she was more friendly with the average joe,hang out and maybe talk to young girls,she didn’t start bleaching she just found a loop hole and made money from it,she recently posted pictures from orphanages on IG she will be visiting I am going to Cameroon this December with hopes to meet her and hopefully she will be nice to me,I hear she is very nice and down to earth with strangers but she doesn’t hang unless you are successful maybe I will do same.Honestly this is the only Cameroonian girl who got rich without marrying a white man,footballer or parents who stole from the government that I know.Keep up Dencua but try and change and mingle with your colleagues in the industry and wait she doesn’t talk to her real mother you people didn’t hear this one from me Hihihi that is why she posts only her grandmother,her mother is actually very young early forties is friends with my cousins mom long story short Dencia don’t let money separate you from friends and family and congratulations you are probably the only female Cameroonian multi millionaire and is putting us females on the map.I am surprised she is not dating one of those gold digging Cameroonian boys or why she can’t just get her a football player and settle because too much money will make men run away my dear.

• Team237

December 16, 2015 at 9:23 am

Lol Rita I know who told you this gist the same person was telling us the gist my sister Infact they told us so much it was at a baby shower I might know who you are.

2. Ebangha

December 16, 2015 at 8:29 am

From a Cameroonian sister to another Dencia chop for your sabi,you have done well for yourself from doing hair in MD at your apartment to becoming a millionaire,I never comment on blogs but today I want to tap into your blessings,the God that blessed you will bless me.Di girl you worry, as much as we hate on you we have to give it to you.She obviously makes a lot of money I love her cars.Chop ma sister chop

3. King Bey

December 16, 2015 at 8:48 am

Hello Dencia

4. ATL's finest

December 16, 2015 at 9:05 am

@ Rita & her 2nd Cameroonian sister Hmmm this Una comment na wa! Let me just race on

5. Nana Abena

December 16, 2015 at 9:12 am

@RITA , what exactly are you saying … lol

• ATL's finest

December 16, 2015 at 9:48 am

Lol @ Nana good question . please help me ask for I am confused.. Apparently, I don’t know if she wants Dencia’s life or shes sth. Abeg I can’t comprehend/process her thoughts.

6. Anonymous

December 16, 2015 at 9:14 am

$20M in one year? Wow!

7. Ebi

December 16, 2015 at 9:20 am

I believe this and also believe Dencia uses Juju to sell cream,I have friend who is dating a politician and this babe has spent like $15,000 on this Whitenicious alone in this last year,her skin looks very good like half cast the babe is pregnant and she still dey shine.Dencia Biko reduce that jazz because my friend needs to buy other things not only bleaching cream

• The girl who eats Jollof rice & drinks kai kai

December 16, 2015 at 10:00 am

Your friend is dating another woman’s husband and also pregnant?
      Ashewo girls abeg pity for people…
      Don’t spend the tuition of his children on Whitenicious bikonu!

8. Merci

December 16, 2015 at 9:51 am

Il est très malheureux, Dencia. Les Femmes d’Africains sont belles. La crème de blanchiment ‘bleaching cream’ et ‘Whitenicious’ sont nuisibles et causent le cancer. Merci.

9. Dikeh did it

December 16, 2015 at 9:57 am

Have you seen how she changed that pearl’s life? The girl is now selling only expensive authentic things oo.My sister called her to buy some replicas she told her she doesn’t sell replica anymore and that she sells only original.we thought she was joking,my cousin bought some Giuseppe shoes from her I was shocked, only to find out Dencia is the one sponsoring the business,the pearl even travelled to Yankee and lived with Dencia Her Ig @pumpsberry pearl that Tontoh drama was your victory.

• Iris

December 16, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Lmfao! I’m happy for Pearl. Only originals now. Ride on, lol.

• abi

December 16, 2015 at 10:47 pm

My dear I second that. The comments so far have been dim to say the least.

10. Afua

December 16, 2015 at 10:15 am

FFK and his “Precious” soul mate, right??

11. billionaire in grace

December 16, 2015 at 10:24 am

Congrat this interview really gave me a wake up call.

12. Blue shirt

December 16, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Why the eff you lying? Why you always lyin’? Hmmmmohmygad STOP F-N LYING!!

13. hohoho

December 16, 2015 at 12:44 pm

2oM in a year hmmmmm this testimony will make some companies to fold

14. Decemberbaby

December 16, 2015 at 1:38 pm

@ Ebi, i know its Precious – ure talking about, lol……but she has some funny patches on her face that she covers up with makeup na. i just cant wait to see how these bleachers/ whiteners will look in 10 years time walahi

• Hian

December 16, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Precious – is naturally fair, and having some blemishes on her face does not discredit that – not every fair girl is bleaching. South eastern Nigeria is known to have very many naturally fair skinned people.

• PRECIOUS CHIKWENDU DOES BLEACH

December 16, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Oh please Hian
      Google old pictures of Precious Chikwendu aka Snowhite
      That girl has bleached to within a second of her life!
      She is NOT that THAT fair naturally!!

Or how do you explain someone going from say a tanned Queen Latifah shade to this bleached out shade of say Dencia?

Or you want to say “its her natural color coming out”
      Na so

Precious Chikwendu is a HEAVY bleacher!
      No big deal,her skin her choice!
      But dont call dog,monkey for us oooo
      Some of us have receipts!!!

Abegiiii

• abi

December 16, 2015 at 10:51 pm

All light skinned people in Nigeria natural or not use bleaching agents to maintain their complexion. No shade it’s just the plain truth. Check out any biracial youngster who does not indulge and notice how rapidly they tan and stay tanned in this hemisphere.

• Telasope

December 17, 2015 at 11:37 am

Why ?! They are IGBOS right ?!

15. Joe

December 16, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Sister fear God na. $20million or $20,000. Devil sef dey fear ur lie.

• Telasope

December 17, 2015 at 11:36 am

Nigerians hear 20 million dollar and start quoting Devil- Bible pages/juju. Lol

16. felinda

December 16, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Hoes stay winning
    God bless una hussle
    Let me go get more gist from @naijagistlive9

17. Telasope

December 17, 2015 at 11:35 am

WHAT A PILE OF CAMEROONIAN WASTE! To be honest this girl success could have only come out of Cameroon, am not at all suprised this girl is from there. All cameroonians I have met show all the symptoms of being the most extreme affected by the French-FRANCAPHONE whitnesition of AFRICA. Wat a stupid -!

• neeka

February 16, 2016 at 2:58 pm

JEALOUS HA!

18. chi-e-z

December 23, 2015 at 9:24 am

20M! chai abeg Dencia you dey accept application. I fit take be a liason to/agent of Whitenicious. wah lai….hehehe I’m kidding I ain’t that ready 2 sell my soul yet

19. neeka

February 16, 2016 at 3:04 pm

dencia, go ahead with your businesss. u don’t force anyone to bleach just as nobody puts cocaine in peoples noses. your 20million dollar is just a drop in the deep ocean of bleaching/whitening business globally… African bleach? please, come to Asia and see the real thing. there is whitening agents from body-wash, face lotion, body lotion, bb cream, foundation, to powder….dencia can be very lonely person from the looks of thinks, i don’t know her. but i clap for her business sense. its true what Rita said, i haven’t seen a cameroonian with personal money like hers. most are the government thieves…go get it dencia