News

FG Declares December 24, 25 & 28 Public Holidays

BellaNaija.com

dreamstime_l_28456822

Hurray!

The Federal Government has declared December 24, 25 and 28 public holidays to mark Maulud Nabiy, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, respectively, Guardian reports.

Minister of the Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, confirmed the news.

***

How will you be spending the holidays?

Photo Credit:  Hongqi Zhang (aka Michael Zhang)/Dreamstime.com

1. Belle

December 22, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Boxing Day is on the 26th though, not the 28th ???

• tttt

December 22, 2015 at 8:33 pm

wow,u must really be slow

• D

December 22, 2015 at 11:42 pm

@Belle but it falls on a Saturday, hence making the 28th the holiday (duhhhh)

2. Ivory

December 22, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Booless me?. I’m going to watch movies and reAd my bible. Sniff my mums scent and cook prawn rice for my dad. Take my younger ones out. Dear Lord I need a good man after ur heart.. Please 2016 I prophesy u will be a good year to me. I will experience love like I did in 2011. Amen

3. Green

December 22, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I was already planning the excuse to give to my boss, so as not to be at work on the 24th. I haven’t done my Christmas shopping yet. Buhari has just scored a point in my books!

4. chichy

December 22, 2015 at 6:15 pm

la campagne tropicana here i come woow am so happy babes gats rest frm work jare

5. Cynical

December 22, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Yay…..#dancingshoki. I am so happy right now and yes I looooove my public holidays. Where is @bleedblue????? Biko,is that your company getaway place available for the holidays????

• Bleed Blue

December 23, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Hey,

Sorry it’s closed for Christmas oh. Even me I wanted to go but alas, no show. Have yourself a wonderful Christmas dear 🙂

6. Honeycrown

December 22, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Na new thing? Work (unofficially) resumes (for most Nigerians) January 4th. I will be catching up with myself during this holiday.

7. The real D

December 22, 2015 at 11:45 pm

One thing Nigeria does well is the public holidays!!! times like this makes one just want to pack your kaya and waka go back jare

8. Open Eye.

December 23, 2015 at 2:10 am

“Maulud Nabiy”? I have never heard of this before now in Nigeria. Have we ever had this on the Nigerian official calendar before the Buhari administration?

There was his Iranian counterpart referring to Nigeria as a muslim country more than once in their telephone conversation, where he was talking to Buhari and his only interest and agenda (as one president to another) was the preservation of the lives of muslims in Nigeria; Buhari never once corrected him, each time he referred to Nigeria as one of the muslim countries of the world, that Nigeria is not a muslim country. Now, “Maulud Nabiy”?
    Is this different from eid-el malud?

• Anonymous

December 23, 2015 at 8:53 am

It has always been given as a public holiday, birthday of the prophet. Calm down, don’t give yourself high BP over nothing. Nigeria is for Christians, Muslims and all other religions

9. OM

December 23, 2015 at 4:25 am

I’d spend all weekend learning makeup tips /tricks/ DIYs from purplelabalaba.com, been sneaking to read at the office for too long. Lol!! This holiday should be longer!

10. Jack sparrow

December 23, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Last time I checked this was the natural a stage coler of a Typical Nigerian and his family. Then what is up,with this explosion of ‘Light-skin’ public image…..

11. MC

December 23, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Wait! What’s with the short notice?
    Are bank holidays not in the calender.
    How can they just announce a bank holiday a couple days before the actual day?
    Does this not mess people’s plans?
    Does this no mess up any work related plans?
    I couldn’t deal! How can a government be so unorganised?
    Anyhows….this doesn’t concern me. *walks away”