Music

Tiwa Savage “Fans” bash the Music Star for Refusing to Show Baby Son’s Face

BellaNaija.com

Tiwa Savage Baby Shoes

Just this week, BN shared excerpts from Tiwa Savage‘s cover interview with Genevieve Magazine. In the interview, she explained the reason why her son’s photo has not been revealed.

Well that’s his dad’s decision. Every mother wants everyone to see the picture of her baby. I want everyone to see how cute he is but I understand my husband’s perspective too. He is the head of the house so I have to respect his wishes. Eventually we will reveal his face but for now he wants only close family and friends to have the special moment to bond and not share it with the world yet.

Today, Tiwa uploaded a cute photo of she and her son wearing matching Buscemi sneakers. Fans of Tiwa may remember that she uploaded a photo of the 2 pairs of shoes prior to her son’s birth so we bet she was excited to rock the pair now that her baby is here.
Tiwa Savage Baby 3

However, a selection of fans were not happy as they deemed it insulting for Tiwa to constantly tease them with partial photos of the baby. Several abusive “fans” went as far as speculating that Tiwa’s baby is being hidden for sinister reasons. Right now, there are over 500 comments from fans on both sides of the debate. The topic is also trending on Twitter. While some support Tiwa and her husband’s decision, others feel that as their idol, she owes them to share her son’s full photo.

Sneak Peeks of Baby Boy Billz
Tiwa Savage Baby 1

Tiwa Savage Baby 2

Pro
@sweetpea2k4Reading
tru d comments, dear lord! Pple are so filled with hate! She shows her child or she doesn’t, how is it u guys business??? Her child, her business. Come to think of it, when she shows y’all the face, please what will u guys do?? Or how will it benefit ur lives??? @tiwasavage dear ignore comments and do you jare, whenever you are ready.. P.S his legs are cute! ?

@nigerian_melanin
All those out here insulting Tiwa and her baby you should be ashamed of yourselves. So what if the baby has a bow leg you guys are adults and u should know this is predominant in most babies and as he grows it will get better and even if it doesn’t all you could do with your sorrowful life was to insult an innocent baby. If a 15 year old girl knows common sense like this then you should be sorry for your life. Tiwa show us your baby whenever you please because they will still have negative comments regardless

Against
@babesnaija
Tiwa stop showing ur son’s legs ,am tired of seeing it besides does he have a head

youngfran6
@tiwaSavage what I will just say is that I pray u won’t cos a foundational power problem for this your li2 innocent boy,,God has not decided to hid hid him from this earth by letting ur pregnancy cumDown or kidnapin,,,cos wen the hidden power you are proclaiming upon him now by your mouth start to attack his desting,,,den you go con dey trouble MFM GO olukoya,,,,uhmmmm I pray that dosnt happen oooh,,……instead of make una dey pray na hidden power of his mother u dey attach with him,,…I pray u stop saying that ooh,,and start to bless the little boys baby life oooh!!!…I’m one of your biggest fans,,check most of ur comments and see

1. ATL's finest

December 6, 2015 at 9:23 pm

I support 100.000%%% is it by FORCE? Privacy is a GREAT weapon in life esp these days where everyone practically know everyone (including inner circles) protect your child from at all cost & all d mess on Social media. Very soon, someone will say bcuz the baby’s hand is light in complexion, they ain’t the parents.. Well these days, most people don’t reveal the sex of their babies, when they r pregos or after d baby is born.. I support her bcuz my FAM, friends & my elder sis are guilty of this & will I.

• ATL's finest

December 6, 2015 at 9:31 pm

* at all cost* typo errors! It’s Sunday no bad vibe

• Anon

December 6, 2015 at 9:43 pm

ATL’s finest – NFL Sunday. Wink. Seahawks are currently bossing the Vikings. Saints versus the Panthers are next.

You just can’t please people.
      Such dross from this handle…youngfran6
      This one is wicked…@babesnaija

• ATL's finest

December 6, 2015 at 11:33 pm

@ Anon I’m telling U! I don’t see my Falcons making it to playoffs this season but I’m hoping & oh my nerves r bad. But I’m glad Chicago BuLls lost for I just won a bET??. Seahawks those r one beasty teams but I can’t help but love Seattle tho.

• ATL's finest

December 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm

*team*

• Surely

December 7, 2015 at 3:21 am

This is not privacy. If you want to keep your baby away from social media, you will!!! All these baits to get people talking. Attention seeking person.

Seems this Tee Billz guy has a false sense of who he is.

• nene+

December 7, 2015 at 8:14 am

I think Tiwa can keep her son! She isn’t worth more than 2 face and several better celebs in Nigeria and all over! We have seen children of Omotola’ Omoni Oboli, Basket Mouth, Julius,Uche Jombo, Kelly Rowland,Harper and sibs from David and Victoria Beckham, Nori of Kim, Blue Ivy, ………and even Paris etc of Michael Jackson! Even presidents and Governors children we have seen. stop putting heat on your son we all have sons dearie no need for that!

Respect your hubby hidden and hiding concept. Don’t show us hand chest or legs keep him away all babies are cute aren’t they?

It’s not important to most Nigerians mtcheew

How long will Tiwa do Lagbaja for their sweating son? Co’s I assume the boy will have his face capped in public or he is perpertualy kept at home? What of the nannies not allowed to bring in camera? Abeg Tiwa park well keep your son!

• i no send

December 7, 2015 at 12:20 pm

i have seen her son before because i was a t a restaurant and she sat on the table next to mine ..she wasn’t hiding him at all i think the hiding is for social media audience alone

2. NaijaPikin

December 6, 2015 at 9:35 pm

People are clearly foolish. Is it by force? Let them go and born their own pikin if they want to be looking at babies all day

3. PD Young Billionaire

December 6, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Whatever rocks ur boat…..,buh why show some parts of the baby’s body to tempt ur fans??

• A.D.A.

December 6, 2015 at 10:15 pm

‘Tempt your fans’? This is an incredibly poorly worded comment. Tempt them to what, exactly? This is someone’s child you’re talking about; please try to maintain yourself.

• word

December 7, 2015 at 3:13 am

It appears the word PD.Y.B was looking for is ‘tease’, not tempt. Tiwa gets bashed everytime she posts body parts of her baby but she keeps doing it. Me thinks she likes the periodic Internet buzz. To some celebs all publicity is good publicity.

4. Missy J

December 6, 2015 at 9:36 pm

The thing is if Tiwa and Hubby have decided not to reveal the baby’s identity, then it should extend to everything pertaining the baby including legs, hands.
    It cuts across as being thirsty for attention.
    Besides fans should chill.

• chi-e-z

December 7, 2015 at 12:39 am

She clearly said in her recent interview she wants the whole world to see her cute baby but is respecting husbands decision not to reveal childd sheesh er’one amebo nowadays…. -_-

• Mz Titilitious

December 7, 2015 at 11:00 am

GBAM! abi o showing us legs hands what dat? we dont wanna see any!

5. Mama Dee

December 6, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Missy J, chop.knuckle for your comment abeg.

6. Blondie

December 6, 2015 at 10:05 pm

She should keep the identity, legs and other parts of the child’s body out of social media. It’s totally not necessary. She could mask his face even in their home, I could care less! Today hand, tomorrow she’ll show the ears, and then his belly button. Enough of the Jay-Z Beyonce stunt. It’s not necessary!

7. Tolu

December 6, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Bad belle is allowed jae

8. Cindy

December 6, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Just say your husband/spouse/partner does not feel comfortable with showing your baby’s face off. E wo ni ti because he is the head of the home? Who is debating that one with you? What if he wants to show your baby off and you don’t want to, does that mean you are the head of the home? Mtchew! Oya you are the proverbial virtuous woman. A ti gbo. I’m allergic to attention seekers.

• [email protected]

December 6, 2015 at 10:31 pm

LOOL…. Cindy your cpmmemt made me laugh… my thoughts precisely. Stop at my husband, Then she went on to say, we will etc. Seems like her mutual decision more so on mummy side.
      I think she should stop teasing…

9. AW

December 6, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Na wa for people! How is it your business what she chooses to do with her son? How is it going to enrich or devalue your life? In what way is this connected to you? Can someone please explain?
    Yes you see pictures of her son and then? You don’t see and so what? Haba! Are people really this disconnected with reality? So once you are in the public eye you have sold your soul and must do everything to please people? Mehn! In that case, life go tire person o.

10. dimeji

December 6, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Please the expression is ‘couldn’t care less’ and not ‘ could care less’.

11. truetalk

December 6, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Tiwa is only looking for another endorsement to show off her son simple! Tiwa dear not to worry Pears will soon take note keep showing different partS…..

• Rolly

December 7, 2015 at 12:16 am

Friend of the family, please tell us more…

• ICANTDEAL

December 7, 2015 at 1:49 am

And what’s the issue with that? Its a child, therefore her choice to do as she pleases

12. Dolly

December 6, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Love love Tiwa, but honestly who cares??
    Genevieve has a teenage daughter now and we all still don’t know what she looks like
    Her child, her prerogative……this is the fault of social media evolution esp. instagram

• Netizen

December 7, 2015 at 12:03 am

Errrr…….we know what Ebuka Nnaji looks like lol.

• Uche

December 7, 2015 at 3:52 am

That’s her younger sister not her daughter

• Mz Titilitious

December 7, 2015 at 11:02 am

but she didnt show us parts na

13. Author Unknown

December 7, 2015 at 12:01 am

Tiwa seems to be trying to balance her husband’s wishes with that which she knows is normal to do, but has in my opinion failed at doing so. The proper thing to do is to not put up the baby’s pictures period. No hand, leg or body shots. None. Why? Because her fans would see it as teasing, and they have, It’s all about perception. Her fans know that the baby pictures will not change their lives, but she got them in on the wedding and pregnancy, so what do you expect?

14. Rolly

December 7, 2015 at 12:14 am

Nigerians never cease to amaze me. People are legit abusing her for not showing HER son’s face?!! Really?!! So when she does, you will start calling him names abi. Same thing happened with Blue; people complained about not seeing her face then started calling her ugly.

What is most amusing is the grown ass individuals writing paragraphs about why they don’t care about what her son looks like. Unbelievable.

Tiwa jare, if you like post a pic of his toes, let them seethe. Your baby, your choice. Don’t let these silly folks ruin your day.

15. Shylaw

December 7, 2015 at 12:19 am

People are so missing the point. 1) This is a PR move, not revealing the baby’s face gets everyone well, talking.2) The first magazine to feature the baby’s first pics may have to pay a nice fee. Why give it to yall THOTS for free? Ta!

16. jane(the real jane)

December 7, 2015 at 12:41 am

It’s all or nothing! Stop with these baby parts! If u wna wait till a specified tym do so and then release a nice portrait. Coz ds showing of hands nd legs doesn’t mk sense.

• Jaj

December 7, 2015 at 12:54 am

What is peppering you now. Is it by force? She owes nobody any explanation. Get a life

17. Usuji

December 7, 2015 at 1:37 am

I won’t lie tiwa caused this ,stop with the teasing especially to your own fans with body parts that’s childish and attention seeking ,more so is it annoying because ain’t no body checking for your child ,since you decided not to show his face ,forming Americanah ,where the paparazzi for naija? Who get time to dey chase person pikin? Up and down

18. concerned

December 7, 2015 at 1:39 am

Tiwa is my girl. I ride and die for Tiwa. Not this time. I believe that all those bashing Tiwa are sad and desperate. Show me your pikin, I no go show you my pikin, na fight? Why are people behaving as if seeing her pikin’s face is the road to heaven? Is it that their lives are so unfulfilled that they care so much about seeing a baby’s face?
    That said, I totally blame Tiwa in part for all of this. “I want to keep my baby’s life private. I don’t want his identity to public. So I’ll take him to a red carpet event where there’s bound to be cameras and papparazzi and when a photographer does his job and tries to get exclusive news for his media outlet, I’ll harrass him and check all his photos to make sure he didn’t take pics of my son when I could’ve left him home and none of this would’ve happened”. In Tiwa and TeeBillz’s bubble, this makes perfect sense. In the real world, not so much. Tiwa, please make up your mind. Keep your baby from the public eye and keep every aspect of his life guarded. Or share his life with your numerous fans who love you. Because by posting these little things, you are attracting attention to your baby anyway. Can’t you hide his face without all this fuss by simply KEEPING HIS ENTIRE LIFE PRIVATE? Because this is like tempting a Rottweiler with a bone and then running away when it starts to chase you. Post everything your son does on social media. Good. Keep him away completely from social media. Good. But for God’s sake, pick a struggle and stop using your 5 month old as a PR stunt.

19. ICANTDEAL

December 7, 2015 at 1:52 am

Lmao these people are acting like it’s their right, did you people insert the sperm in her, carry the baby for 9 months and go into labor with her. Where’s the sense of entitlement coming from? I’m confused. She doesn’t want to show her baby’s face just keep it moving. Her child not yours

20. Yawaah

December 7, 2015 at 2:39 am

Hmmm!!!! (I clap hands once and fold arms) I thought she posted her step daughter’s photo npt too long ago on social media wishing the pikin a happy befday?

21. cq

December 7, 2015 at 5:15 am

bad belle is allowed ,i dont see anything wrong with her showing the body parts cause she is willing to post his picture but is only respecting her husband decision

22. nonye

December 7, 2015 at 7:02 am

honestly its stupidity like this that almost makes one want to support that equally dumb social media bill. Look at the long sermons just because they want to see the baby’s face? As for whether its PR stunt its up to the person that wants to pay for that kind of PR. No skin off my nose

23. Amh

December 7, 2015 at 7:34 am

The baby is not blue ivy or celeb baby. Who cares. She does not have to.really. no one cares.

24. Blueberry

December 7, 2015 at 7:51 am

Na by force?! You do remember it is her child right? I have alot of friends who don’t post their babies’ pictures on social media. And if they go further and dont send the pics to family and close friends, who cares?! This social media has taught people not to respect others’ privacy.

25. Tari

December 7, 2015 at 8:19 am

Narcisstic clowns.
    Why even bother to show any part of the child on social media? This dumb perspective that a celebrity needs to share every aspect of their lives is what makes that social media bill slightly desirable. If you a. Music starts, why not just stick to sharing only your music related pics? If an actor, production related pics, I really wonder why you have to see pics of you shipping, you eating dinner, in hotel rooms, wads of naira and such silly as attention seeking acts.

Are sane people actually insist she shows the face of the son?
    Na you born the pikin?
    Is your child missing?
    Are your lives that devoid of meaning?

As for the husband’s directive, same husband who posted pics of himself pooing in a Dubai hotel on social media few years back?

26. prechi

December 7, 2015 at 8:35 am

madam some people don’t care… you’re obviously watching too much e… we have real problems and seeing your baby is not one of them… except the baby pisses fuel

27. Laila

December 7, 2015 at 9:10 am

Tiwa wants us talking about her. Simple.

28. mrs chidukane

December 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

When I had my son, I wanted to post pictures of him all the time and I did. It’s a natural motherly thing because you’re so proud you want to show off. It’s worse when you dress your baby up and he’s looking so cute so I can understand showing his outfit without showing his face. You just want to share. Sometimes you’re like his fingers are so chubby and cute and you post that. Believe me, if it wasn’t for her husband, she would have posted pictures of her son long ago. People hounding her about it should just take a seat. It’s her social media if you don’t like it then unfollow her, it’s that simple. Besides, I doubt if any Nigerian magazine would actually pay for first pictures so they can’t be doing it for that reason.

29. Daisy

December 7, 2015 at 11:25 am

Well, to each his own. It’s her baby, she can use him for PR stunt or not. I think the issue people have is the showing of body parts, like if you want to conceal, conceal. But then what’s it to anybody? The pikin carry poverty alleviation initiatives come? People need to slide back and CHILL

30. Niyoola

December 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm

First of all, those people are not fans.
    How is it any one’s business what she does with her child photos. Because she’s a celeb doesn’t mean she owes you jack.
    Only a person with a desperately wicked heart will slam Tiwa for posting her baby’s legs; and those going further saying the child has bow legs, I have no words.

Have you thought about how Tiwa would feel reading all that venom?
    If you don’t like seeing pics of the baby’s legs etc, unfollow her. ‎
    Yet you wonder why someone is sponsoring a social media bill, when people exhibit such behaviours here (not that I support the bill, but juSt St at

31. Hadiza

December 7, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Dear awon iye … It her life she she choose to show full or half pix of the child , face or leg , Biko what ever she n her family like to do lets them do , she doesn’t owe u guys anything , if u r her fan pls focus on her music n performance n nit her family life … N for the pple talking bad abt a baby that can’t talk or defend himself … I fear u guys o … Am married recently now pregnant no one of my pre wedding pix or wedding pix or pregnancy pix is on any social media platform n even friends n family we directly told them not to use it even on their dp etc … Even make up artist n photography, event decorator n planner , was strictly warned not to use it lol , that’s me n hubby decision … Yes we r not Tiwa or celeb but in our world n indusryy we r well known n respected n we still choose our part , so pls respect pple decisions n don’t curse a baby a little child …

32. Obsee

December 7, 2015 at 1:58 pm

But his legs are so cute though! I can just imagine how cute his face is! Some of you morons on this forum need a life o! Is it by force?! Will the cuties face pay your bills?

33. On a lighter note

December 7, 2015 at 2:51 pm

No blame me o-she invited all these speculations

1. Abi d baby get two heads ni?
    2.Abi d baby no get eyes, she no wan make pple see
    3. Abi d baby get kraw kraw for face wey she no wan show?
    4. Abi d baby was bought not hers?
    5. probably the baby doesnt resemble the father/mother
    6. Abi d baby was born with 32 teeth- hin papa/mama no wan show us
    7. abi d baby hair na albino own?

since she no wan show us the head/face, exploring all the possibilities

• Hadiza

December 7, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Are you really talking about a less than 6 month baby like this … A baby that can’t talk or defend himself all because of your curiosity …. Coz of Tiwa n her hubby decision all this for a child … Smh for you … Don’t u have a child , are u a woman or even a human bring ? Do u have siblings , y u a parent … Pls stop pls

34. ifedi collins

December 7, 2015 at 8:25 pm

The main issue here is the baby is sooo LIGHT SKINNED and does not look like her husband. Both of the are DARK SKINNED and the baby is so FAIR in complexion. The husband is embarrassed right now and does not know how to deal with the shit. I have seen Tiwa’s baby …he is so LIGHT. Where the hell is that coming from?

• Naveah

December 7, 2015 at 9:55 pm

I REBUKE ignorance in your life in Jesus name! Have you never heard of genes? I seriously hope you wrote this statement on a drunk night. I have an aunt who has a son that looks NOTHING like her and her husband, when I say nothing I mean not one thing on that boy resembles any of his parents but he looks EXACTLY like his mother’s junior sister. If they said that the junior sister gave birth to him, everybody go nod head like lizard. Do you know both their entire family? Do you know if there is an ancestor that was light complexioned in their family from whom the genes got passed onto to the child? And children’s complexions change as time goes along, I was significantly lighter when I was born but now I am a brown skinned woman. Please, it is a better to not respond to posts and appear smart than to respond and disabuse us of all myths to the fact. CHOI!

• Tari

December 8, 2015 at 12:04 am

Na so rumour dey take start o

• Sadia

December 8, 2015 at 8:07 am

@ifedicollins If you would just look up and educate yourself on genetics,you will know there is something called recessive genes, didn’t yall do biology in secondary school why are you talking like illiterates now???If the baby inherited the recessive gene for light skin from mum and dad,he will be a light skinned human being, but there’s also a possibility his true skin colour wilk show as he gets older.Pls educate yourselves people!!!!!!And this baby is super cute, cant wait to have mine??????

35. Thelma

December 8, 2015 at 7:37 am

@Ifedi Collins if you really just typed that God forgive you and pray that you never get involved in such malicious speculation. That is such an evil and wicked thing to even think let alone type, what is wrong with people Father God please have mercy upon this wicked world. Had this look of horror as I read some of the comments here. So what if she shows parts of her child it’s her baby and her and hubby’s decisions please feel free to show your own kids but don’t come and bash those who don’t want to and come up with wicked reasons why you think they are hiding their kids. What is wrong with this world sooo much hatred, people feel they have every right to type or say thrash about people they know nothing off. I blame social media which has gone down hill and turned people to monsters. Social media was created for fun but it’s been soooo abused. People hide behind their devices and just type thrash on people they know nothing of or have ever met. Shame on you all. God have mercies on all you cowards who hide behind your devices and type trash. Why don’t you type your real names and put your photos if you are not cowards!!!! Having love in your heart is not a bad thing my dears try it and see how better you feel each time someone you dislike comes up on social media. Change for the kingdom of God is at hand ask God to deliver you all from your hate, false slandering , envy, unhappiness, joblessness. God bless you all and my sincere prayers go out to those who can’t sincerely be happy for others.

36. ebony

December 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm

honestly i am not against her not wanting to show the world her baby cos it her child she carried him for nine month and pushed him out but all i am sayin if u dont want to show us ur pikin biko stop posting anything related to him shikena…….