Relationships

“He is like my father and my best friend” Seyi Shay opens up about her Relationship for the First Time

BellaNaija.com

Seyi Shay tw MagazineFor the first time since rumours started that Seyi Shay had started dating again, the music star is opening up and sharing details about the mystery man in her life.

Featured on the cover of tw Magazine‘s January/February 2016 issue, Seyi Shay talks about everything from her music to her personal life and more.

Even though she tried to be evasive, she finally opened up about her new man.

She said “I am in a very lovely relationship and I am happy about it. I am not going to talk so much about him but he is like my father and my best friend. Yes, he is Nigerian. I have known him for about a year now and he has made a big impact in my life. We are not ready to announce anything yet because I need to be focused. His family knows me and my family knows him and that is what matters.”

Some people are speculating that he is a fellow artist in the music industry but Seyi Shay kept mum about that.

1. Chi

January 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Awww……,,,, I m so happy for Seyi. Can’t wait for the big reveal!!!

• Davido's Disciplinarian

January 21, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Hian, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I am holding on to your promise o. The word of God never fails My own go happen in March this 2016. Seyi Shey, congrats love

• Tosin

January 21, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I love SS.

2. She

January 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Father and best friend? Hmmmm

• Osa

January 21, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Are you suspecting aristo/ Old papa levels? That came to my mind too. Age gap must be plenty for her to have said that

• ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 6:52 am

@ She and Osa lmao!!! Yall so MEAN ?? but that kinda turned me off.. I don’t know if that’s a great description. But hey S.S. is an beautiful lady who deserves to be happy .whatever flies her boat?

• George

January 23, 2016 at 12:21 am

‘An beautiful lady’..’Flies her boat’. Why do u always have same type of sound? ATL ko, Okokomaiko ni. Shior!

3. chinwe

January 21, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I wonder who this mystery guy is…

4. Sui

January 21, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Sincerely i wish you so much joy and laughter in this relation but this statement “His family knows me…” is no guarantee.

• olu

January 21, 2016 at 4:48 pm

She never said it was.
      As far as she is concerned, her family and his are the only ones who NEED to know.

• Osa

January 21, 2016 at 5:11 pm

True that. I hope it works for her . She seems an Ok babe.

5. ola

January 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

…Seyi Shay ‘had begun dating’ and not ‘had began dating again’ . Bella Naija take note of the grammatical error.

6. Yolanda

January 21, 2016 at 3:36 pm

When a woman is in love!!! Mehnnnn… Enjoy Seyi!!

7. rotimi

January 21, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Father, Best Friend?
    Sounds like a Married Sugar Daddy.
    Ok Now

• olu

January 21, 2016 at 4:49 pm

duh!

Is it that hard to comprehend…?

8. ...just saying

January 21, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Adesuwa, great magazine editor in chief terrible TV presenter

9. Chic

January 21, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Protect what u love… Good she’s not flaunting him all over the place. Keep him from the vultures!

10. Reekaddict till infinity

January 21, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Seyi Shay I wish u well in all ur endeavours. I love privacy that is y I can’t date a public figure!

11. abby

January 21, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Its vector love is in the air

12. Osa

January 21, 2016 at 5:41 pm

NA YOU SABI.
    Sometimes, all this over sabi of English is just wash. Half of the time, the English error observer is usually even wrong.
    That’s how some twat on Tokes IG page went to say that Toke made a grammatical error becos she said ‘Nails did’ instead of ‘Nails done’ which if you are properly educated, will know that its just a slang that we use in Naija and even in Yankee. What of those who use ‘Your’ instead of ‘You are’ ?

abegi, blogs are informal platforms and one or two grammatical errors / or even typographical errors don’t signal the end of the world! abegi

• ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 6:56 am

??????GO bless U! Some folks just can’t comprehend when u switch from English to broken English but they keep editing the comments in their head smh.. Who cares about what’s written on here?? Pls give ur typing hands a break y’all.. Like @Osa said this is just a platform .

13. Osa

January 21, 2016 at 5:41 pm

NA YOU SABI.

14. bruno

January 21, 2016 at 5:44 pm

seyi or shay, no fall my hand oh. he better be fine like that guy in ur right now music video. cause I know nigerian girls love ugly men. I will not mention names but u know ur selves.

• Osa

January 21, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Uncle Bruno, my dear, na condition make crayfish to bend.

Naija girls sabi better thing.

No girl will ordinarily opt for an ugly guy. Na condition.

Now, . . . the type of condition varies. some na money of the guy, Others, are desperate to just marry etc

15. nene

January 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm

sugar daddy alert!!!

16. nystyle

January 21, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Father ke? Abi na Sugar!

17. O.C

January 21, 2016 at 11:01 pm

…Vector!

• Miss Lara

January 23, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Bank W, let the guessing game begins!

18. Chinel

January 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

The term ‘ugly’ is relative. One man’s food is another man’s poison. Besides who told you looks is all it takes? Marry for looks and be miserable your entire life. smh. Seyi Shay as long as you are happy and he treats you like you are His world we are solidly behind you joor…..