Scoop

“I had a divine dream last night and Jesus has sent me with this message to you” – Charly Boy

BellaNaija.com

Charly Boy

Veteran musician Charly Boy is out with a new article.

According to him, he had an encounter with Jesus in a dream last night and he has a message to share.

Read below.

Fellow Nigerians,
Jesus Is Real. Be patient and read Biko.
I had a divine dream last night, and Jesus has sent me with this message to you.
It was clear to see that our Lord and Saviour is deeply worried about His Nigerian Creation.
He had instructed me to tell you all, that Nigerians should NOT substitute prayers for hard work. The whole of chapter 2 of the Book of James corroborates this, especially verses 18, 20 and 26. It says faith (prayers, night vigils etc) without (hard) work is dead. No be me talk am o, na the same Bible wey una dey carry.
It was clear in the vision I had last night that Jesus is not happy with Nigerians. Most Nigerians now live in the church 24/7 fromMonday to Monday, wives have abandoned their husbands for night vigils, everyone is praying for miracles and miracles and more miracles. It’s either this or for God to strike their enemies dead and all those who steal their luck.
Jesus is so very upset with Nigerians’ prayer requests and shopping list, always calling His Name for the most trivial matters, things that would come to them naturally without sweat were they not a lazy and an unthinking bunch.
The one that really gets to Him, as He told me, is when some evil men and women parade themselves as God’s messengers deceive their congregation for their own personal aggrandisement, promising heaven, money, husbands, children and wives. Titus chapter 1:10 talks about this.
Fellow Nigerians, Jesus wants His good name back! Naijas have so bastardized the name. He wants Naijas to put the creative and entrepreneurial mind He gave them to work and stop chasing quick fixes. He wants an upgrading of our work ethic.
He wants to see genuine love for our neighbour’s, not lip or eye service kinda love.
He had asked me to warn those in leadership to be mindful of where they are stirring the country to or face His wrath. He said this present administration has just a few good people in it but they must stand firm before they become polluted. Jesus said I should tell them that He’s giving them till the end of this year to make a meaningful impact otherwise….
Incase you’re wondering (like am still dazed myself) why its me Jesus should be talking to when we have the likes of Adeboyes, T,B Joshua, Pastor Kris Okotie, etc. Well, I was surprised too, and as if He read off my bewildered thoughts of “Why Me” on my face, He just gave me this hard look and asked me to go to work at once, calling my attention to Matthew 7:21-23. Go and read it to see what it says.
As a matter of fact, at some point my thought was…does He want me to start a church, why is He entrusting this duty to me, abi Him want me to begin preach? Of course it’s Jesus now; so He knew what I was thinking and replied my inner thought saying as far as He’s concerned, I already have a church, a mega congregation of youth and families that I touch with my messages, that in case I don’t know, I am already preaching and this is why He came to me because He reckons that I have the platform He can use to get the word to the people.
Who then am I not to run the errand of Jesus? So I got up, and began to put pen to paper.
I’m not sure I have successfully communicated the disgust and disdain Jesus expressed when He spoke to me last night but am only hoping that this my gentle appeal to you all goes into the very fibre of your beings like a two-edged sword, and cause a true change of heart and attitude in all and sundry.
Jesus try o, Him still dey send message, if na me CharlyBoy, na hot koboko go land some people kini.
Anyway sha, give Jesus a wiper.

1. Nadia

February 23, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Charly Boy fear God!!!

• Damis

February 24, 2016 at 1:08 am

@nadia

You will be surprise, ones that appear/look like that fear God than so called people sleeping in church and using God’s name everytime. There’s a reason Nigeria has no transformative growth, development, change despite being the most religious group with most churches. God sees everything. He’s not pleased with the hypocrisy, self righteous, wickedness, judgemental spirit and their hearts are far way from God eventhough they call on him. The Pharisees were Nigerians. Then everything is about witchcraft, demons when the devil is you but are looking at another person as the devil. The casting, roasting of the devil in churches has given more power to the devil than God himself. People fear juju, witchcraft than CHRIST. It’s a distorted gospel straight from hell. Any bad behavior that can be corrected, changed is transfered to the devil taking the blame, accountability.

Their conscience is dead. Nigerians have lived in such sick world its hard to differentiate right from wrong. Naijas judge oyibos about not knowing God enough. I knew, understand the true gospel, meaning of Christ in the U.S. Oyibo people have conscience, they serve God with a genuine heart. When they do wrong, most of them know it. Nigerians will twist wrong, bad into right. Worst do the pity party, and the victim is overlooked, actually the villian but the perpetrator is the victim. It’s sickening.

• Damis

February 24, 2016 at 1:22 am

And oyibo people that are not even religious or other group who are practicing different religion like Buddhism understand the concept of sharing, giving, treat others the way you want to be treated, thinking of outside of yourself etc Greed, selfishness, not wanting to see others succeed is the force driving many Africans. How do you prosper with such evil mentality? Not possible. You wonder why the continent is still dark. Yeah, the Europeans destroyed it but with the resources that we have the continent should be rising on top especially a country like Nigeria. But no, it’s like going backward, stagnant growth upon all the degrees, material things Nigerians boast off.

P.s this is an example of such backward mentality. Folks are busy judging charly boy instead of focusing on the message.

2. Lolu

February 23, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Just passing

3. meat pie and moimoi

February 23, 2016 at 12:51 pm

nawah oh!!!!

4. Busarni

February 23, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Charley Charley ; o gini kwa nu:

5. whocares

February 23, 2016 at 1:17 pm

maybe he changed his igbo man (weed man, not to be confused with the tribe) that is some good quality weed they delivered to him last night. lool. I joke, i joke.

• whocares

February 23, 2016 at 2:02 pm

ahhhh I am the olodo. lool. I truly need to stop reading the first few lines before commenting. lool.

6. Tee

February 23, 2016 at 1:36 pm

I have never read anything about him or any of his articles cos I don’t know anything about him, even though I would have love to read about him,his looks is kinda distracting. Yeah, for me I think. Anyway, let me say Jesus in the headline made me read this article, and again with the covered face. I love, love all what you said. That has been my message with my group for 6yrs. Nigerians, enough of replacing ‘hardwork’ with ‘prayers’. Some disease sef na lack of information,poor hygiene, and poor primary health care cos am, but na witchcraft be average Naija mentality. An average Nigerian cannot say no to money, especially in the work place, and I mean born-again join sef. We are as corrupt as our leaders, our work ethics is zero, odo rabata and we want the best salaries. We don’t love ourselves, that’s why you see a billionaires everywhere without impacting the lives around them unless it’s through deals. All these fake pastor that charge for miracles, desist now, cos the tide is high. China no sabi God,but they are industrious, India sef don leave us go in terms of technology. And all we do is lament, pardon corrupt leaders all in the name of forgiveness or better still stomach infrastructure. God is truly not happy with us. He gave us brain so He too can rest from our bombardments of prayers. Lets’s read this message not the messenger, enough of getting too religious but not spiritual.

7. nnenne

February 23, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Oga Charlie, the laughter is therapeutic. Thanks. You sincerely got me rolling from side to side.
    Spot on!
    Most Nigerians have terrible work ethics.

8. ACE

February 23, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Odikwa egwu!

9. precy

February 23, 2016 at 2:01 pm

[email protected] Tee u ryt, this man looks weird to begin with am sure Jesus must have told him to change the wae e dresses and putting make up like a women. i love jesus so much and most of the thngs he said abt nigerians is true. Most church we see here in sa are being started by nigerians and they do all that for money and they come with this gospel of deliverance and promising people heaven n earth csuse they know most pple have challenges in their lives and they take advantage of that. but this chally boy dont understand him his dressing and looks anyways……..

• Hotspot

February 23, 2016 at 11:54 pm

God can use anyone, His mercy knows no bound!

10. boboj

February 23, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I dont understand why people r shouting Charley Boy…. This is just a message. PICK YOURS AND LEAVE THE REST.

11. fleur

February 23, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I don’t think he is joking

12. lifeisbeautiful

February 23, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I hope this article was not posted to Bella naija alone cuz there is only a certain demographic that visit this site daily. Please messages like this should be published in every newspaper, blog and read on air.
    Wake up people! The world you are living in is one big lie!

13. Taipan

February 23, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Why you no go dream nonsense when Derenle sleep beside you

14. Ada

February 23, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Sincerely Nigerians, this message is raw truth. If we do the things mandated by nature, all other things will fall in place>

15. Omo jesu

February 23, 2016 at 3:10 pm

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. He can use any vessel. So reflect on the message not the messenger.

• LostInSpace

February 23, 2016 at 4:06 pm

You are so right.

16. prince

February 23, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Uncle Charly I hope those at the white house would see this.

17. Mikky

February 23, 2016 at 3:46 pm

I believe Jesus can use any1…. It is left for you to pick the message and leave the rest for Him and His God

18. Sidney

February 23, 2016 at 3:52 pm

1st and foremost Mr Charly boy I don’t think you had any ‘divine dream’ from God cos all the aforementioned are just basics which most sensible persons know.
    Permit me to say if there’s any group of persons that’s enterprising, creative, not-giving-up, hopeful amidst both harsh economic and weather condition with little results to show for it then IT’S CERTAINLY NIGERIANS. We’re hard workers although forgetting that the world doesn’t seek hardwork anymore but SMART WORK, so Mr Charly boy I strongly disagree with you that Nigerians are lazy.
    Then about the prayer, a typical Nigerian works like he hasn’t prayed and prays like he hasn’t worked so next time you see a Nigerian rolling on the floor in church and kabashing, pls don’t think he/she is shifting his/her responsibilities to God.
    Lastly Charly you’re not Jesus and never will you be so stop telling us what you would’ve done.

• Tee

February 23, 2016 at 5:32 pm

so why do you think he did not have a dream from God? is it because it is Charly boy? it still comes down to personality for you, if he were some bible carry person you will you accept? the message should be important not the messenger, it only confirm what the writer is saying in the message…. ‘Charly you’re not Jesus and never will you be’ .. he never claim to be Jesus . Look around you can you not see wickedness and selfishness and evil even in the churches. We can continue to delude our self that all is well but in the end we pay the price and future generation will never forgive us.

19. issy

February 23, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Listen to d message.

20. Grace

February 23, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Hypocrite
    “No be me talk am o, na the same Bible wey una dey carry.” SMH

In as much as some of what he said is true,must he said it was Jesus Christ who gave him the message? He can still come as himself and do his shits like he always do and i aint gonna talk. He is so annoying. I just dislike this man.

21. Biko

February 23, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Oh Charlie want a church. I hope people understand that if he said Jesus send him a dream,people will stop and listen. But Jesus also said you will recognize my people by the fruit of they work…..what does your work, life, your ways, and mannerism say about you Charlie boy….to me it screams wolf in shee…. What you said is valid but please leave Jesus out of it.

22. Tee

February 23, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Than you so much for this article, You hit the nail on its head! Nigerians wake up , i have said similar things on this platform at various times, Many have been blinded by religion that all our reasoning faculty is now dead! miracle miracle. our a societies are plagued by social inequality and economic strife, religion should not be a way of escaping reality of the hardship. The fact of the matter is that with the advent of the new age Christianity many people has become so brainwashed that they have lost the sense of reasoning, and these pastors are cashing in on their ignorance,what perpetuate the situation more is the fact that government does not provide basic amenities for the masses, The miracle seeking mindset has had its toll on the nation and we need to shake it off. it is bordering on fanaticism and extremism that now people cannot discus any issue without religious slant on it. Other countries are doing well they are advancing in engineering and medicine and nuclear but we are set in our dogmatic ways; nothing is working corruption is everywhere look at India for example their religion is mainly Hindus but they are manufacturing things and developing new medicine and putting satellite in space. the people at helm of affairs are not helping either Few days back the wife of Vp was asking people to pray for Nigeria instead of using their position to influence the government to put in place good infrastructures and jobs and social amenities, we really need to change focus now for the sake of future generation and humanity before its too late,Religion is personal relationship with God not man.

23. Honeycrown

February 23, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I think his encounter with Jesus is him being sarcastic since a lot of Nigerians won’t believe anything except it’s via vision, spirit possession, miracle, dreams, etc.
    But which one is, “Nigerians, Jesus wants his name back … ” biko Charly, no one can ever take the name of Jesus. Now, he’s the one been trivial by involving Jesus anyhow in the matter. He spoke some truth sha, I can’t deny that!

• whocares

February 23, 2016 at 7:54 pm

@Honeycrown- That’s what I think as well.. hence my comment about being an olodo for not getting the sarcasm the first time around.

24. Sherlie Holmes

February 23, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I actually believe him. There’s nothing he said that contradicts the Word of God. He makes sense…and the truth about Nigerians and religion with no work ethic…he hit the nail on the head.

25. fleur

February 23, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Charlie, I hereby plead that you do a followup affirming whether this was a dream or creative writing. I want to believe you had a dream because messages sometimes come from the most unsuspecting messenger and nothing you have said is profoundly out of point. Imagine Jeremiah back in the day? Won’t Nigerians of today have declared him insane? What about Paul suddenly becoming Saul and drastically changing his ways? Una for talk say he was never blinded by Jesus and that he had momentary hallucinations.

26. Mabel

February 23, 2016 at 9:45 pm

God has said he is no respecter of persons, so Charly is just as viable a conduit for his voice as anyone else. The message is sage and should be meditated on by everyone.

27. M&

February 24, 2016 at 9:24 am

Charly Boy is a practicing Buddhist, that’s why he said, the Bible wey una dey carry.

28. jbookie

February 24, 2016 at 9:40 am

So funny, but can Jesus really appear to him?

29. F. Chiysom

February 24, 2016 at 10:27 am

hmmmm

30. Natu

February 24, 2016 at 11:11 am

The worst that ever happened to Africans was religion. It made the African lazy and incompetent.

• Natu

February 24, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Thing

31. Dee

February 24, 2016 at 12:46 pm

This guy is just an attention seeker.
    He sat next to me on a plane to Lagos once. Very rude and arrogant. He sat on the wrong seat and refused to get up when the flight attendant told him he needs to go to his seat.

Talentless, attention seeker!