Style

BN Bridal Beauty: An International Splash of Colour by Joy Adenuga

BellaNaija Weddings

To honor women around the world, makeup artist Joy Adenuga has creatively inspired us with her brides around the world beauty feature.

She shares with BellaNaija Weddings,

I have always been fascinated by brides of non-Nigerian ethnicity. Their outfits, makeup, hair and the ceremony. I decided to pick three of my favourites to recreate on a shoot with an amazing team.”

Enjoy & be inspired!

~ Photography: MC Media London

The South African bride -“The colours and vibrance of the jewels on their brides is just breathtaking! I used jewel toned colours on her eyes and lips to compliment the jewellery.”

The South African Bride

The South African Bride

Joy Adenuga_International Bridal Inspiration_BellaNaija Beauty Weddings 2016_IMG_1171

The Hawaiian Bride – “With so many colours on the Chinese and South African bride, I wanted to create something fresh and clean for brides who are not comfortable with so much vibrance. I used pink in various hues to create a ‘glow from within’ look on my stunning model.”

The Hawaiian Bride

The Hawaiian Bride

The Chinese bride – “I have been fortunate to work on a Chinese bride, this actually started my fascination with traditional brides of other ethnicities. Their traditional Chinese attire with the headpiece is just beautiful!”

The Chinese Bride

The Chinese Bride

Credits
Makeup: Joy Adenuga| @joyadenuga | Bridesbyjoy.com
Photography: MC Media London | @mcmlondon | mcmedialondon.com
Hair: Deborah Lola| @deborahlola |deborahlola.com
Model:  Samantha | [email protected]
Stylist: Huna | @ihunnamatataithestylist.co.uk
Flowers: Beverley Wilson | @bevjfloralchic

1. beauty

March 9, 2016 at 11:28 am

Is it me, or is this model stunning!

• Abk

March 9, 2016 at 11:37 am

The model is absolutely stunning and Joy Adenuga’s work kind of reminds me of that of Bimpe Onakoya; exceptional.
      God bless!

• jade

March 9, 2016 at 5:22 pm

The model is gorgeous. Her facial structure, just everything is too beautiful. When you travel across Africa, or meet other African women from different countries like Burundi, Senegal, Tanzania, Mauritania etc It will leave you speechless. These women are natural beauty, and they are not lousy. I attended a wedding of senegalese groom and Guinea/cameroon bride. Every woman there was so pretty, simple makeup, no excessive weave and beautiful bodies. It’s either slim or figure 8 type of curves. I was stunned. I say it all the time, naija people please humble yourselves.

• Nikki

March 14, 2016 at 5:34 pm

she is absolutely stunning her skin is just radiating a sheer glow its captivating

2. Engoz

March 9, 2016 at 12:23 pm

The model is absolutely stunning.

3. goldfinch

March 9, 2016 at 12:47 pm

The South African bride looks more to me like a Kenyan bride, I could be wrong though

• Spirit

March 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I thought so too: the bead work is Eastern Nilotic and can’t possibly be South African..

4. MEE

March 9, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Yay for painting reference 😀
    Beht I need to make my skin shine like this…model is so pretty

5. eve

March 9, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow… I’m blown away by how beautiful she is. No homo!

6. village woman

March 9, 2016 at 8:16 pm

I don’t know where the author got “South African bride”…this number is pan- African, a mixture of Kenyan, precisely Maasai traditional Jewelry ( bead necklace), the metal is popular in Southern African esp. in Zimbabwe amongst the ndebele ethnic group and the earrings are worn mostly in Mali and Senegal. These days some of us wear them for high fashion sake! Here is a link to traditional wedding from around Africa and the diaspora:

yoknyamdabale.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/afrocentric-african-centeredweddings-dont-be-slaves-to-arab-and-european-cultures-on-your-wedding-day-honor-your-african-roots/

• MsChar

March 10, 2016 at 7:19 am

Thank you! I thought I was the only one tof dpot that. And the ‘Chinese ‘ bride is rocking a Thai headpiece.

7. Yori

March 10, 2016 at 9:41 pm

The outfit on the ‘South African’ Bride is traditional dress of the Maasai found mainly in Tanzania and Kenya.
    Nice try with the makeup and theme but bit more research would have been better.