Relationships

“Don’t let your emotions rob you of what is important to your happiness” – Ali Baba

Ali Baba

Veteran comedian Ali Baba is back to dishing out some relationship tips for his Instagram followers.

Today he posted about putting value on things that matter the most. He says you shouldn’t let your emotions rob you of what is important to your happiness.

See his post below.

Sometimes it’s too late to know how much a relationship means to you till after you have lost it. The things you took for granted begin to mean a lot. The expectations you had disappear. It gets worse when you think, I could and should have done more. Certain things may not be worth it after all said and done. But gradually you begin to see that the moments you shared were a lot more important. Like the fact that he forgot to call when he promised to… But you made it look like it was more important than the car he bought for you. Now the car was stolen and you wish you could just call him to let him know how you need a car. You were upset she refused to travel with you on a DUBAI trip that you wanted to go on… And that had more value than your picture on her DP and on her office table. Oh you are even mad that she refused to come spend the weekend with you and preferred to go visit her sister in Festac… Yet she gave you the spare keys to her apartment!! If you are dating anyone, that’s the ultimate trust. Forget what anyone tells you. When you get a spare key to an apartment, you must have done something right. Anyway, sorry I digressed. Make sure you put valid values on things that matter. Don’t let your emotions rob you of what is important to your happiness, or else you will be singing “I was just, I was just, sitting here thinking about it!”

1. G!

March 4, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Are Nigerians big on gifting spare keys to apartments? Cos ain’t no boyfriend of mine ever give me his keys! Damn them all!!!! 😛

• Mystique

March 4, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Lmao…….no words

• Gideon

March 4, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Hmmmm, trust is an investment, not an inheritance. It is earned.

• anon

March 4, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Well…my gf has got the spare keys to my flat…but like someone said below, that trust has to be earned. I have left girls in my apartment while heading out to work and the moment I got back in, I knew they had ransacked my crib, looking for God knows what. It’s even worse when you ask if they’ve been through your stuff and they lie.

2. Sugar

March 4, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Some babes will go and start fighting for key possession after reading this.
    Key of Life!

• Tell me

March 4, 2016 at 2:50 pm

this made me roll on the floor laughing! Key of Life!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Abike

March 4, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Kokoro Aye ati Orun!

3. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 4, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Some Nigerians and marriage. After sometime it becomes boring. Ifeyinwa is single; so what? Marriage is a lifetime achievement. It has to be treaded with care. If you find the keys; then find the man. Maybe it is a better idea.

And a man should find a woman; really and ideally.

Where can I learn about economic classes. How to manage finances.

I don’t want to become “o ni gbese”, “onye na-eji ugwo”.

Please Bella Naija – Publish my comments ………..

4. Psychic

March 4, 2016 at 2:02 pm

@ G but security can smile when u knock at the gate and say welcome madam,thats same as gifting key…not the 1 security will strong face,e no dey!,its means u are 1 of many …damn them all over again..lolzzz

• temi

March 5, 2016 at 12:43 am

lol same as gifting key kor! cmon wee u keep kweeet over there! do you know how many girls/women security guards are calling madam, what is his own? is it not to open gate and get paid. madam, chairman, aunty, lolo, sisi is nothing to a security man

5. I just waka come...

March 4, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Why won’t they give you spare keys?

Who will dust and cook and wash and scrub the toilets and struggle with the cobwebs and prepare the table for her lord and master to fill his swollen, watermelon sized belly on?

Every negro and his beer bottle forming relationship counselor, pffffft please.

• Tosin

March 7, 2016 at 8:34 am

you look like bruno, dear.

6. Somebody

March 4, 2016 at 2:46 pm

When BAE now DH gave me his spare key I turned it down cos I wasn’t ready to give mine, lol. In retrospect my many odd ways of preventing heartbreak were too funny.

7. alisisi

March 4, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Spare key is it guarantee for happiness in a relationship?

8. Asher

March 4, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Shebi it’s someone that haff house, that can giff spare key….If you’re stin finding job and squatting with all the relatives around town based on nearness to the interview venue(s), where is the key you want to giff.

Seriously though, as much as I’d like to think we’ve all become urban and contemporary in our lifestyles, I really don’t think “giving of apartment keys” is a Nigerian thing. So please don’t go hassling your boo for his apartment keys in a bid to internally satisfy yourself that you’re the Queen of his heart…. He could give you his apartment keys but it doesn’t still mean shiiiii, If the key to his heart is with another lady.

9. PrimePersona

March 4, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I think the focus is on things that count and not literally ‘keys to the apartment’. The key there, me thinks symbolizes the things that are important, cos keys truly don’t mean shiii. I once was guilty of ‘the you didn’t call me when you said you would’ part . Yeah, i had an E8 in Maths, but when i am keeping track of the last time you called, or the seconds/minutes/hour intervals, i never miss it. Personally, i believe that communication is everything, but there are also genuine reasons people don’t reach out to you when they said they would. If he forgets the date you both went on your first date but remembers your birthday, that should count for something.

10. Nwa nna

March 4, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Anything we take for granted, and I mean anything, sooner or later that which we’ve taken for granted will be lost included are the mates that we took for granted in relationships!

11. chu-chu

March 4, 2016 at 8:45 pm

It doesn’t matter joor, my ex gave me the keys to his room back then, Mehn… i thot o boy was in love and i could completely trust him. For where? i found out months later that he was sleeping with his hot fake “she is like a lil sister to me, i would never go there”. Anyway he was able to figure my schedule and work round it. So no! having a key does not guarantee your the one and only.

12. Spunky

March 4, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Spare key ke! Shebi na you pay the rent ni? Seriously though, a guy who has nothing to hide can conveniently do so…that said,, I don’t think it’s necessary.

13. dami

March 5, 2016 at 12:54 am

spare key my ass, he might as well hand me the certificate of ownership in our names.
    leave story, a cheat will always be a cheat! it takes only Gods intervention.