Style

“Hunger Drives Me” Jane Michael Ekanem shares her inspiring story with CNN African Voices

BellaNaija Style

CNN AFRICAN VOICES JANE MICHAEL EKANEM
CNN African Voices features celebrity stylist and fashion designer Jane Michael Ekanem in its latest edition.

The stylist talked about her life and career as a stylist plus her journey so far in the industry. From humble beginnings in the Surulere suburbs of Lagos, Jane Michael Ekanem had a brush with poverty in her childhood.

After turning her passion for clothes into a booming business, the celebrity stylist and designer tells CNN the story of how she made it to the top of her industry in Nigeria and what keeps her going every morning.

You can watch her inspiring interview below:

1. Ada_ugo

March 12, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I watched that on TV some days ago, and I was initially thinking the “hunger” was a drive/passion or something from the inside. Till I watched it again, and realised she was talking of actual hunger, as in the real food hunger. hmmn.

• Jane Michael Ekanem

March 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Hunger in that context meant hunger for success. The zeal of not wanting to be poor again. As i had once tasted wealth and then we became poor and homeless.

So yes, you were initially right. Thank you for watching my story. I hope you were inspired.
      Thank you so much BN for sharing this. God bless you.

• Ada_ugo

March 13, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Hi Jane, thanks for clearing that up, I seemed to have missed your true meaning. I have to say I liked your feature. I thought you were very stylish, and most of all, I liked your warm personality.
      I would actually like to apologise for and retract my first comment, because while the interpretation of your meaning for hunger was off, it doesn’t discount the fact that there are people whose everyday reality is driven by the literal need to put food on the table. That drive is no less valid than those who are driven by passion, inspiration or anything else. I am ashamed for having made that comment, and I apologise to you (Jane), and anyone else reading my comment

2. Funky

March 12, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I caught the interview on CNN and was really inspired by it.

3. Miss Anonymous

March 13, 2016 at 10:01 pm

So proud of you Jane ?. Well done….from one of your fellow bikers.

4. Nne