Scoop

Ibinabo Fiberesima stripped of her AGN Presidency

AGNAccording to reports, Nollywood actress Ibinabo Fiberesima has been stripped of her position as President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria by a Federal High Court in Lagos.

This was revealed in a press statement sent out by AGN’s National Secretary, Femi Durojaiye.

Read the release below.

The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, this morning 23/3/2016 at the application and argument of Counsel to Actors Guild of Nigeria, Barr. Peter Andor Oboyi, struck out Ibinabo’s and BOT suit challenging the nullification of her election to the Presidency of AGN and also challenging the legitimacy of the Presidency of Emeka Ike and his Exco. The implication of this judgement is that Engr. Emeka Ike led Exco remain the only authentic and lawful leaders of Actors Guild of Nigeria.

The Honourable Court vehemently reiterated the position of the judicial authority that, Ibinabo, her purported exco members and the Board of Trustees vacate forthwith the office of AGN both at the National and State level and accordingly surrender all AGN assets at their unlawful possession to the incumbent Engr Emeka Ike’s government.

The new AGN President is Emeka Ike.

1. Zayneerb

March 24, 2016 at 8:41 am

Ouch! This year is not for her at all… God will comfort her family… Amen

• Mercy

March 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

Well she has enjoyed freedom for too long. Its only in Nigeria that u convict someone and then grant them bail. Also her second sentencing was in 2009 which she appealed( not the guilty verdict ) but appealed the sentencing (that she should pay fine instead )….it took 2009 to 2015 to get a verdict. Only in naija does court of appeal take so long

If it was here in uk…she would have been locked up while on appeal since she already convicted but she was out on bail still publicly drinking…. didn’t learn any lesson either

I dont feel sorry at all for her . She was so reckless and feels entitled

• Anony

March 24, 2016 at 11:28 am

AND WHAT WAS HER RESPONSE TO EX CONVICT LABEL

On if she was convicted: “Yes, I was. I am not denying it but I was convicted for a traffic offence

On if she is an ex-convict: “No. I am not an ex-convict.”

On defining and ex-convict: “I was charged. I am in court and I am appealing”

On defending not being an ex-convict: “No, because I came out on bail to appeal and I am appealing because the judgement was wrong.”

On what made the judgement wrong: “Why was I sentenced? Anyway, I have my own issue. That is between me and the court. I am appealing my conviction.”

Summary she never cared that she killed a soul because she was drunk and speeding ….. Imagine talking of appeal when She never contested the NOT GUILTY because she clearly was drunk and ran away taking the plates and document from the scene . She appealing that she should pay a fine for manslaughter .

… IMAGINE THE NERVE OF IT – I hope they lock her in and throw away the keys

2. naya

March 24, 2016 at 8:54 am

Awwwnn, she must be going thru a lot. I hope God gives her d strength to survive this phase

3. Koko

March 24, 2016 at 9:07 am

This sounds more like a plot to dethrone her because she’s in prison. How come AGN lawyer,Emeka Ike and co didn’t file this suit against her when she was still free?

• Anoy

March 24, 2016 at 10:14 am

Actually Emeka Ike has been fighting her for this for some years now and has even said she cant hold the post as an ex convict

• cybernd

March 24, 2016 at 12:21 pm

In your failed effort to sound intelligent, you didnt see that this case had been on and the court only just delivered its ruling

• Disday

March 24, 2016 at 12:43 pm

@Cybernd – what ruling ??? and do not confused what was on ………. The ex con guilty verdict was very much in place and never contended so Emeka Ike was right . What Ibinabo was appealing is that she should pay a fine of 100K instead of jail time and that was the only subject matter in court . There are two different issues …….. The Court delivered this month that YES she should serve her sentence as Manslaughter is too severe to just pay a fine

• abi

March 24, 2016 at 2:43 pm

There was actually a split. Emeka was a de facto president with an office in Abuja so no be today. Either way she can’t be in office while in prison. What’s interesting is that nollywood is not fighting her cause. Not a single member of the AGN. Not even Fred Amata who is president of DGN and her baby daddy.

• Jay

March 24, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I am not a fan of Ibinabo but don’t say what you’re not sure of. Charles Novia is fighting for her. I watched Mayowa Ogundele of Channels TV have a telephone interview with him a couple of weeks ago on entertainment news, and he was on her case and supported her and even mentioned she wasn’t drunk while the incident occurred.

Having said that, I’m glad there’s finally justice; no matter how long it took.

4. Toes

March 24, 2016 at 9:11 am

Oh crap!

5. keke driver

March 24, 2016 at 9:14 am

I do not pity Her at all, She still has to go to jail.

6. Lala

March 24, 2016 at 9:19 am

When it rains it pours so sad

7. Princess P

March 24, 2016 at 9:28 am

2016 is not a good year for her

• seyi

March 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

The year is not over yet

8. Lagos is my home

March 24, 2016 at 9:40 am

I kind of feel sorry for her, everything is falling apart but she made her bed

If she had been more remorseful and less arrogant. …outcome might have been different.

9. onye nzuzu

March 24, 2016 at 9:47 am

wow! really emptying doodles. But who kicks a pass instead of a bucket?

• seyi

March 24, 2016 at 11:00 am

Mr man.these your comments everywhere. Are you high? They don make sense.

10. sinto

March 24, 2016 at 10:10 am

I feel for her, enemies at work.

• Iris

March 24, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Which enemies again? You people tire me o. She hit someone with her car and the person died. Do you expect them to keep her as President while she’s facing the possibility of jail time? If she was a politician would you find it okay for her to keep her position? Biko receive sense now. It is free.
      I am sure this is even the least of her concerns right now.

• abi

March 24, 2016 at 2:46 pm

@ Sinto really? Enemies?

• keke driver

March 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm

@Sito, do you live on a tree? are you in any way educated? where are you from? where do you live?? cos we need to flog sense back into that bowl you carry upandan as a head……..shior

11. Ready

March 24, 2016 at 11:35 am

I definitely don’t sympathize with her. She seemed to be more interested in showboating than actual leadership. I remember Clarion Chukwurah called her out regarding her leadership too.

Having said that, I sincerely wish her the very best within the circumstances she has placed herself in. May she find happiness where possible, as long as justice is still done.

12. Noname

March 24, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Next thing now dem go probe all the money PDP give am wey she no fit account for.

13. Ch

March 24, 2016 at 2:05 pm

About time!

14. Abbie

March 24, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Different strokes……..

15. abi

March 24, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Super impressed with our judiciary.

16. Cmbo

March 24, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Wow when it rains it pours! hmmm

17. Kunle

March 24, 2016 at 8:32 pm

It’s sad for everyone involved. What I’ve noticed in all this Is that there is no mention of her husband standing by her or supporting her. Her husband should be by her side and should be standing by her but I’ve not heard anything of him. I’ hope he hasn’t abandoned her or taken off because she is indeed waters. She also surrounded herself with ‘retards’ that did not advice her properly. People who were after what they could grab. Where are your so called friends today Ibinabo? The sad thing is even this jail term will not do anything to make you any wiser. Sigh!