Scoop

Tonto Dikeh shares Photos of her “Push Present”

Tonto Dikeh Churchill

Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh is really enjoying being a “Mrs”.

After dishing out some advice yesterday, she has also shared with her social media followers what her “push present” is from her husband after giving birth to their healthy baby boy.

She shared a video of the present on IG and wrote:

Thanks to my OLOWO ORI MI(MRX),Love you so much..
And my Beautiful Aunty Nike (Aka woman with a golden heart)@niketojo for helping with the pick out of my PushPresent..
@sir_rozlah Tnx for the DRY edit
#CHOPDARD#DIAMONDS#ZADDOKHOUSTON #GRATEFULHEART
When someone loves you they don’t have to say it,you can tell by the way they treat you

See her video clip below.

1. keke driver

March 2, 2016 at 10:25 am

Seen>>>>>>>>>>

2. Gist

March 2, 2016 at 10:25 am

Pls can we have more TEA on Tonto’s Olowo ori…My ears are seriously itching abeg

• to Gist

March 2, 2016 at 11:40 am

Go and concentrate on your own husband! Wicked soul*

• Jade

March 2, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Tonto, I applauded you for being private bcos I know how privacy brings peace. Now, na every second u wan prove ur love. Don’t you know, frequent posting brings in more scrutiny and research. This your bobo sef, questions and problems dey surround him. Abeg, I know na love dey shack u but hide small na before Oda tins surface. Later now, you will get mad at the media for saying things you don’t want to hear or accept

3. iy

March 2, 2016 at 10:28 am

Ok

4. Anon

March 2, 2016 at 10:36 am

These look right out of the Mayweather collection. A step up from the faux bling her ex touts around. Congrats.

5. Mercy

March 2, 2016 at 10:49 am

I can’t believe I’m going out of my way to type this, but this view looks like it’s taken from the window of the shop. Maybe the watch on her wrist might help us see the beauty better.?

• @mercy

March 2, 2016 at 11:43 am

NOT EVERYONE IS DISHONEST – do not indulge in projection!

6. Squad

March 2, 2016 at 11:04 am

Tonto dike pls enjoy the marriage and stop posting everything. You were private enuf to hide ur pregnancy..continue that way. Pple get presents frm their husband….before they start diggin out dirt that’s true or false…emulate omotola pls

7. Bey

March 2, 2016 at 11:46 am

I aint hating, but dis shit looks like cubic zirconia…………….
    What does Churchill do to afford dis kind ‘Jacob the jeweller’ bling.
    Na question I ask o, d diamonds if real on dat wristwatch will be how many carat’s…………

8. The Observer

March 2, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Please can we not make this push gift a trend in Nigeria? Having a baby today comes with maternity shoot, baby shower, travelling abroad expenses, push gift and baby first photo shoot? Kilode??Abeg take me back to the old days where things were much simpler and the focus was more on substantial upbringing rather than following trends.

• Dhatmom?

March 2, 2016 at 12:58 pm

My dear it’s still a matter of choice. Not everyone is crazy about all that. My friends were all over me like ‘babe do the usual na’. Mana no.?
      No way I will allow myself get stressed up just to follow trend. I had none of that. No baby shower , no pregnancy studio shoot, no baby photo shoot..No nothing.
      CHOICE.
      People should learn to stop being slaves to unnecessary trends.
      They’d live longer (literally tho?)

• been there

March 2, 2016 at 1:36 pm

my sentiments exactly. i just do what makes me happy.

• Ms Dee Pro TNS

March 2, 2016 at 2:15 pm

And what is wrong with a push present? it is a gift a man gives his woman after birthing their child. now whether it is expensive is another story entirely but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And no be today people don dey get push present. Tara Durotoye mentioned getting cars or something like that when she birthed her kid(s). Normal women get gifts (could be clothes, bags or even ordinary shoes) when they give birth, from their husbands. The fact that you don’t know this does not make it a ‘trend”. So abeg sit.

• Thatgidigirl

March 2, 2016 at 5:17 pm

It’s because the witches these days don’t have game again. In those days women would be 9months pregnant with a protruding tummy in full glare and be denying it, because they were afraid of winchy winchy. Now people do photoshoot of the sperm swimming up to the egg for fertilisation. ???

9. Olu

March 2, 2016 at 12:33 pm

This is one of the ladies who used to claim she doesn’t need a man. ……..now calling a man olowo ori mi….in caps!
    Nuff said.

• Life

March 2, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Such is life :).

• nene

March 2, 2016 at 6:04 pm

don’t mind her

10. ella rae

March 2, 2016 at 2:20 pm

nahh…these photo was taken in the shop. stop deceiving yourself!

11. Cynical

March 2, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Hmmm…..this post wants to drag me into all shades of trouble. From Tonto showing us her push present to the commenter almost insinuating the necessity of a ‘push present’….. You had the baby just for your husband abi,u won’t be a partaker of the joys of parent hood. But then again,that part of me that hates wahala says not today o…..

• Ms Dee Pro TNS

March 2, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Nobody is saying it is a ‘necessity’ but at the same time it is not a ‘trend’. A woman goes through a lot to bring a life into this world, if she gets a present for that, what’s the big deal? And like I said earlier, doesn’t have to be expensive. Ankara of 1k as a present to your wife is not over the top, it is romantic, it is sweet, it shows love and care more than anything else. This is a show of love not payment for being a mom. And no, you didn’t mention my name but u needed this response. #Yesnatoday #PushPresentnotSalary #Nobiggie #Notneccessarybutnotabadideaeither #Stoptakingthingstooseriously #Whysoserious

• Cynical

March 2, 2016 at 5:39 pm

@ms dee….not today…..I really wish you caught me on another day……not today.

12. BEe

March 2, 2016 at 3:24 pm

There is nothing wrong with a push present. sweetheart you and i know if your husband bought you a present after having a baby you would have gladly accepted it and shouted for all your girlfriends to know and also you would have posted it on instagram sef so please stop hating wae and this is no new trend its just a way for husbands to appreciate the fact that you carried the baby for both of you, appreciating you for all the changes you went through during pregnancy. when people complain about something it clearly shows that you wanted same but you didnt get it………..

13. BEe

March 2, 2016 at 3:25 pm

some people even get presents for getting pregnant. some even go on babymoon

14. Adenike

March 2, 2016 at 4:53 pm

LOL! This right here is going to send some ladies to casting and binding sessions, that will not allow them to be great like this.

15. Amalonye

March 2, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I gave my husband a gift when we had our baby. I said congrats daddy and I gave him some wristwatch I saw he bookmarked one time. I still don’t know the name, my brother-in-law got it for me. He didn’t give me a gift. I gave him because I was so hard on him during pregnancy and I almost made him run mad. I was just behaving really erratic. The pregnancy almost made me crazy, Infact at a time I told him I hated him and I would not care if he died. That’s how crazy I was. He was super patient and really supportive. So immediately I had my baby and everybody was giving me attention I told them to to go call him(I warned him not to come close to me or the baby before I gave birth) because he won’t come in till I said so. I saw him and my heart melted and all the hatred I had for him left instantly. Till now I don’t understand why I hated him so much, just him o. I was nice to everybody else. So yeah,me gave my husband man push present. I don’t think it’s bad or a trend. Just felt like sharing my story o. i have never really told anyone. Please dont come for me.*running away fast*

• damseldam1

March 2, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Wow!!! i can imagine if you get pregnant again and you tell your husband will be like yeh!!!!ma in soup!! lol aww bless

16. Oma

March 2, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Wait! Push Present is a thing? I never even heard of it, *sigh*

17. Ebere

March 3, 2016 at 3:05 pm

If we keep adopting everything the white man does, from bridal shower, baby shower to push present, when would they also start doing “traditional marriage and Omuguo” just like us…………………Push present koo!!!!!!It’s only God that helped you push and not man, give God that present…….