News

BN Community Centre: She Lost her Husband & 4 Children in the Jos Crisis…Let’s Help Joy Musa

BellaNaija.com

Hello BellaNaijarians,

Everyday, we come across so many sad stories. Right here in our beloved nation.
BNer Ugochi, a News Anchor at TVC News got in touch regarding Joy. She has been trying in her own way to help but Joy needs more.

***
Ugochi says;

I saw her sitting at the office gate, with two children. She looked like she needed help so I stopped to find out what the problem was. She had limped helped by her clutches, all the way, from Agbara to Ikosi, hoping to have her story broadcast, and possibly get Nigerians to help her. She was disappointed when she was asked to return the next day. Going back and returning the next day would be a hard one for her, so she begged me to drive her to the closest church to spend the night. I gave them some money for food. I saw her again the next day, in a different outfit. Asked her how she changed, told me they risked the journey back because the church refused to let them spend the night on the premises. She told me had undergone multiple surgeries but they have not set her bone, nor helped work unassisted. She has 2 other children to live for.

Joy Musa lost her husband and four children during in a violent crisis in Jos.

Medical Report & Xray

Medical Report & Xray

Ugochi continues narrating the issue;

We have not been able to raise enough money to treat her leg, we did not send her account details initially and therefore got only two responses. The injury is developing more holes, fresh sores and she is in terrible pain. Her children have been out of school because in her condition, she can’t earn a living to care for them. Please help reach out to wonderful Nigerians to support financially. She can also be called and offered counsel or psychological support on 08053412110. Joy is an indegene of Kogi State.

Joy Musa 4What She Needs right now
She needs N300,000 for the treatment. I am looking at helping her raise about 500,000 so she can start her life again,(maybe a small business) and send the two remaining children to school when she gets well.

Right now, she needs N120,000 to add to the 100,000 she has, so treatment can commence immediately. The balance can be paid during or after treatment.

Here is her direct account number
Joy Musa
Union Bank
0047853282

Here is her phone number if you will like to get in touch – 08053412110

__________________________________________________________________
If you’ve ever had a health-related issue in Nigeria, then you will probably understand that it is extremely difficult to fund your treatment and navigate the healthcare system.

In view of this, BellaNaija is launched the BN Community Centre. This online platform will feature “calls for help” as submitted to us. This includes information, photos and account numbers.

We encourage you to give if you can, however, please ensure you perform independent verification prior to donating any funds.

1. *rme

April 22, 2016 at 11:24 am

Kai, people are suffering ooo. Like seriously. People de suffer for this country. *sighs

• *rme

April 22, 2016 at 11:51 am

I’ve made my own donation and I hope other people do too. May God strengthen Joy Musa and increase His mercy in her life. May He bless her children and make their paths in life smooth. Amen.

2. mulikat

April 22, 2016 at 12:35 pm

i will give my brother ,this nr, to verification before donation,i just touch i cant stop crying, to help atless to treat her ,may be God will make others show mercy to help her for money to start her life again so that her kids can go back to school.if is true, i will try to put something gud into her acct,by God grace,cos naija ,can do anything.

3. Iphee

April 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm

I recently watched a true life based movie starring Jennifer Garner and Queen Latifah – “Miracles from heaven” ( I cried for most of the movie )but the scenes that touched me the most were those that people were sources of “miracles”to this family. Right there and then I prayed that God should make me some one’s miracle.
    In addition to the financial support we wish to give, we should also pray for her that she should experience God’s love in a special way..
    The Government, the Church, …… so many people have failed this woman. So so sad

4. NGOZI

April 22, 2016 at 2:16 pm

God help her and her two kids.

5. Authentic Sunshine

April 22, 2016 at 7:57 pm

It’s not about breast, yansh, celebrity relationship or Kim.Kardashian so comments will be less than 10. Oh dear. I have arranged to get money paid into her account tomorrow.

6. Ugochi Oluigbo

April 23, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Thank you BellaNaija for sharing Joy’s story. Thank to you for your comments and kind donations.

7. Cornelius Adewale

July 18, 2016 at 8:54 am

Thanks to both Sis. Ugochi & Bella Naija for this News. I just heard about this awry traumatic experience for the first time yesterday – Sunday, 17-Jul-2016, from the Radio Service of Rainbow 94.1-FM Station, via a very popular weekly Yoruba Program known as “Akamara” – which is usually aired for two hours between 9pm-11pm on Sundays. Then, I decided this morning to do a Google Search of that info via the Net and found out that it had even been aired on TVC Television program since about April, 2016; but I didn’t know all along.
    However, based on the information from this Radio Program, I promptly made my “widow’s mite” Donation yesternight to a given Account then.
    But nevertheless, I think that this is a very touching, highly emotional, traumatic experience by Madam Joy Musa; and I do humbly suggest that Sis. Ugochi should please re-broadcast the pathetic News on her TVC Stable, perhaps, for more people who did not watch nor listen then to hear it all over again and come to this needy woman’s rescue.

You have all done well, pls.

8. Cornelius Adewale

July 18, 2016 at 9:38 am

Addendum: I even heard that the four children that were lost by this woman then, were adult children, e.g. (a) that the first two children (a guy & a lady) were twins of about 27-years old each and they were both undergraduates of a tertiary institution when they were cut down in their prime by these wicked people; (b) while the other two were aged from about teenage years and above. (Maybe these other two were also undergraduates, but I did not hear their full description). However, I heard that the last two children (that survived this series of gruesome attacks) were younger children who must be schooling by now; and on behalf of whom any sympathizer would need to render helps to this woman.

Dear Sis. Ugochi & BellaNaija, pls. let this addendum be incorporated into my earlier comment for publication; and help sensitize Nigerians to indeed come to this needy woman’s rescue.

May God Bless you real good for working for Him (God) in this matter.