Style

BN Style presents Temi Otedola of JTO Fashion’s ‘Made in Lagos’ Series

Eki Ogunbor

Fashion blogger behind JTO (jtofashion.com), Temi Otedola has just wrapped up her Made in Lagos series which she shot around Lagos. We’re doing a round up of all her looks to showcase our talented Nigerian brands and see how Temi put these pieces together with her chic, fashion forward style.

Temi told us,

I’ve wanted to do this series on my blog for ages so I’m thrilled to be showing you the shots from when I was last in Lagos. The series includes clothing and bags by Nigerian (yes!) designers.

I was especially excited to rock the looks I had coveted over during the most recent Lagos Fashion and Design Week catwalk.

To see Temi’s blog head to jtofashion.com

Made in Lagos – Behind The Scenes

Day 1
The first look of the series includes a printed skirt/top co-ord by Grey. The emerald green of the skirt and top goes perfectly with the vibrant blue of the bag and neutral shoes. As a mentioned before, I was obsessed with this Grey print when I saw it on the LFDW runway.jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_0806 jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_0903-Edit-2Outfit Details
Top and Skirt: Grey, Bag: Zashadu, Heels: Valentino, Photography: Ayo Ipinayo, Hair: TJ of TasalaHQ, Makeup: Ndubuisi Peggy of Makeupbyoma, Words: Ibukun Badejo, Editor: Temi Otedola

Day 2
I LOVE the silhouette of this print Meena suit. It’s something entirely novel to anything I’ve worn before. The trousers have such a flattering crop and the jacket wings out in a really sculpturally beautiful way. I paired the deep navy of the suit with the vibrant red of this Gozel Green top to create a really eye-catching contrast.jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_0986-Edit-2 jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_1038-Edit-3Outfit Details
Suit: Meena, Top: Gozel Green, Heels: Miu Miu, Photography: Ayo Ipinayo, Location: Lekki Market, Hair: Adetunji Olafinlade, Makeup: Ndubuisi Peggy of Makeupbyoma, Words: Ibukun Badejo, Editor: Temi Otedola

Day 3
Everything about this outfit screams – SUMMER! The vibrant yellow is so flattering in sunny weather and is the perfect statement dress. However, the star of this look is the cut out detail (look closer!) and fringe detail. I also love the deep wine colour of this Zashadu bag that can be worn on the shoulder or as a clutch.
jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_0915-Edit-2 jto temiotedola madeinlagos bellanaija2016Outfit Details
Dress: Grey, Bag: Zashadu, Heels: Alexander Wang, Photography: Ayo Ipinayo, Location: Tinubu Square, Hair: Adetunji Olafinlade, Makeup: Ndubuisi Peggy of Makeupbyoma, Words: Temi Otedola

Day 4
I hope you’re enjoying the Made in Lagos so far as I bring you to the first Bridget Awosika look of the series! Bridget is one of my favourite designers at the moment and I couldn’t wait to shoot this pink dress and another piece of hers you’ll be seeing very soon… This is definitely the most romantic look of the series and is so on-trend for this spring/summer. This dress is a must have for any summer evening occasion or special date night.jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_1075-Edit jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_1059-EditDress: Bridget Awosika, Bag: Zashadu, Shoes: Alexander Wang, Photography: Ayo Ipinayo, Location: Lekki Market, Hair: Adetunji Olafinlade, Makeup: Ndubuisi Peggy of Makeupbyoma, Words: Ibukun Badejo, Editor: Temi Otedola

Day 5
Continuing on the theme of the “perfect summer dress”, the Made In Lagos series bring us to this sand-coloured Meena dress. This dress proves that less is often more. The dress speaks volumes for itself and needs very little embellishment to accentuate the look. I paired it with a red Zashadu clutch just to add a pop of colour, as the geometric cuts and flowing silhouette make for understated elegance.
jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2918 jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2889 jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2857-EditOutfit Details
Dress: Meena, Bag: Zashadu, Heels: Valentino, Location: Lekki Conservation Centre, Photos: Ipinayo Ade-Akingboye, Makeup: Chioma Peggy, Hair: Adetunji Olafinlade, Words: Temi Otedola

Day 6
For the final outfit I wore a sheer Bridget Awosika shirt that has a beautiful green detail. I first saw it on the LFDW runway and instantly fell in love. This is the perfect summer button-up and will be great over jeans or to tucked into a skirt (as I have demonstrated here!)
jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2927-Edit jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2979 jto temiotedola madinlagos bellanaija april2016_IMG_2970-EditOutfit Details
Shirt: Bridget Awosika, Skirt: MSGM, Flats: Simone Rocha Mary Jane Flats, Bag: Zashadu, Sunglasses: Celine, Location: Queen’s Drive, Ikoyi, Photos: Ipinayo Ade-Akingboye, Makeup: Chioma Peggy, Hair: Adetunji Olafinlade.

I really hope you enjoyed this series. Let me know what your favourite look is by commenting below! Also, a special thank you to all the designers who collaborated with me on this

***

We really enjoyed this series and we hope you did as well. Again, we want to encourage you to continuously support our African/Nigerian brands. We also hope this motivates our designers to continue putting out great work with top notch quality and creativity that blows us away.

Eki is the Editor for BellaNaija Style and Lifestyle Editor for BellaNaija.com She has a Vogue Fashion Certificate from Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design and also attended Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and the University of Kent. Eki headed the Design Operations at a top Nigerian womenswear fashion brand before finding love at BellaNaija Style. Eki loves all things creative. Follow her on Instagram @ekiogunbor BellaNaija Style: [email protected] | @bellanaijastyle BellaNaija Beauty: @bellanaijabeauty BellaNaija Living: [email protected] | @bellanaijaliving

1. ajikoko

April 14, 2016 at 10:19 am

The clothes look nice on her – I love the fact that she is well covered -and she looks very reserved – nice skin too…CLASS.

• Damilola

April 14, 2016 at 1:21 pm

One thing, I admire about Odetola girls is they dress covered up and are classy. . I give credit to talented nigerian designers, all these outfits look amazing. I never understood the obsession with popular designer name brands because many who are non high brand come out with beautiful and creative clothes.

2. whocares

April 14, 2016 at 10:20 am

oooh! I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I have never had an opinion about her and her fashion thingy but I am a convert now. You have to admit that she has an eye. Nigerian designers are on fire!! That pink dress *sigh*. I wont lie, the spirit of envy almost cropped up, but we pushed that bitch back to the hole it belongs. lool.

3. ladyb

April 14, 2016 at 10:47 am

Truly its made in naija. especially the shooting scene , its original. some pple will go to VGC to shot it ., especially the Day 4 pic so original kip it up.

my favorite look is Day 5 & 6

• i am the real Lady B

April 14, 2016 at 12:27 pm

please use another name na.

• victor peter

April 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm

u really looking baby

4. Queen Bee

April 14, 2016 at 10:53 am

weldone Teniola, these are pretty. Like day 5 and 6 best……

5. pinkie

April 14, 2016 at 11:14 am

very pretty girl! The security on ground on those days nor fro be joke sha,

6. True Sorrella

April 14, 2016 at 11:40 am

This is really inspiring- There is incredible talent in Nigeria and I would love more ‘Made in Nigeria’ showcases. Beautiful job Temi x

7. Radiant

April 14, 2016 at 11:49 am

My favourites are Days 3 and 5.

Well done!!!

8. Princess P

April 14, 2016 at 11:53 am

Look 3,4,5 and 6 are my fav
    I’m obsessed with the outfits and how she paired them

9. 'Oma

April 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Day 4 and 5 is really nice and that yellow dress is beautiful.We really have talents in this country.Would have loved the whole looks to be all Nigerian though espescially the shoes and bags.We have 9ja designers that produce lovely ones.But nice pictures all the same

10. praizeblog.com

April 14, 2016 at 12:14 pm

lovely

11. xplorenollywood.com

April 14, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Lovely! #buynajia! The price tag would be good to know sha?

12. Tt

April 14, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I love that she’s well covered too esp in dat green and white sheer shirt, someone else would have worn bra only
    Her sister covers too
    Your mum born u well

13. @edDREAMZ

April 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    All covered up and still looks stunning… My future wife…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

14. Tunmi

April 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I like it. Forget “covered up”, forget “classy” the clothes actually fit the weather.

15. nene

April 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm

otedolas daughter have no resemblance to him. they’re lucky

16. York

April 14, 2016 at 3:19 pm

They are all nice, love day 1 ,3,4 and 5

17. Xiomara

April 14, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Temi, you’re stunning..keep it up!

18. Eggy

April 14, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Chioma Peggy….is dat u? From unn with Ogoo? Good job dear. Proud of u. Reply for contact plssss

19. Aso Oke

April 14, 2016 at 6:15 pm

The clothes are lovely, but some how she makes them look boring. She looks like she is trying too hard, its not effortless

20. swagg1

April 14, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Translation, she goes around town posing for photos. Girl, go create a foundation where you can make a difference in people lives as your “UNCLE ” Bil Gate is doing.

21. j'suis belle

April 14, 2016 at 8:36 pm

:àswagg1 what makes u think that what she is doing isn’t serious?why most she open a foundation if that is not her interest?what also makes u think she isn’t helping people ? allow her enjoy what she is doing forget thet fact that her dad has that much money,consider that she is a regular girl trying to make her passion and dreams come true like any one of us and yes i don’t know her just being in her place for sec reading this made comment

22. Shade

April 14, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Lovely clothes….so why are Nigerian designers so bad at marketing? That Bridget Awosika dress is to die for but there is no online sales presence. I need to develop a Nigerian Net-a-porter.