News

Malala’s Open Letter to Parents of the Kidnapped Chibok Girls – “I pray for the day when you can embrace your girls again”

BellaNaija.com

Malala and Chibok Girls ParentsActivist Malala Yousafzai wrote this open letter to the parents of the Chibok girls. It’s been two years since the girls were abducted from their school in Borno state.
***
Dear mothers and fathers,

I write this letter with a heavy heart, knowing you have endured another year separated from your daughters. I think of you every day since we first met two years ago — and join millions of people around the world in praying for the safety and swift return of your girls.

As I did last year, I call on President Buhari of Nigeria — and everyone who can help rescue the Chibok girls — to act now. Would a president give up the fight for his own daughter? These girls are just as precious to their families.

Parents, thank you for having the courage to send your daughters to school. My dream is that one day they will come home, finish their education and choose their futures for themselves.

I pray for the day when you can embrace your girls again.

Your sister,
Malala

1. Nkechi

April 13, 2016 at 11:36 pm

So touching for someone who is not in their position to feel their pain.

2. ATL's finest

April 14, 2016 at 3:56 am

God bless U Malala & yes, what an amazing question she asked ” would the president give up the fight for his daughters “? I’m hoping miracle happens. I pray God grant the president & his team to conquer these evil Boko Haram folks.

3. praize

April 14, 2016 at 7:11 am

hmmmm

4. FasholasLover

April 14, 2016 at 8:27 am

This Chibok saga/bring back our girls is the biggest scam ever. The North East (including Chibok village) is daily subjected to the type of violence that is beyond all understanding. Women, girls, men, toddlers etc have been killed, have been abducted, have gone missing which for the lack of a better word is akin to what happens in a war situation. But, to say 200+ girls were carted away in one fell swoop from a particular school, in a northern school in Chibok village, beggars belief. Anytime, the parents are called out, only a few- not up to 10 show up. Anytime Ezekwesili marched (Now that Buhari has disgraced her/shown his true color, she has stopped marching while a few others have been settled with political appointments ) we only get to see at most 20 pictures. Whatever is hidden, shall one day be revealed.

Malala l admire for coming out of that horrific ordeal to be a voice.

5. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

April 14, 2016 at 9:15 am

@fasholaslover, did you see the recent video that showed 15 of those gals, i pray we won’t be in this kind of situation their parents are

• FasholasLover

April 14, 2016 at 10:58 am

Amen, may “we” not be. Maybe you need to read my comment again. Yes, l saw the video. It still does not take away from my question.

6. xplorenollywood.com

April 14, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thank you Malala, this is very sad indeed. We were promised an end to BK! One year down the line, we haven’t heard about this. PMB u need to sort this issue out!